Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 892, Quick wrote:This is all their posts by page 5....

That is a lot of posts for not being able to keep up.

That is 13 posts in ~3 hours... They make up ~11% of the posts at that point in time...

So they COULD keep up earlier, but now all the sudden they can't

Thread has been open for 26 hours with 885 posts. That averages one post every ~1.7 min. For the first 5 pages the thread was averaging one post every ~1.6 per minute. Pretty much the same as it is now.

Ausuka has made on average a post every 48.75 min... And they are saying they can't keep up.
You need to stop
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Spiffeh »

UNVOTE:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1496, Brigand Vvulf wrote:
In post 1494, Nero Cain wrote:that's not the question though.
ok I really don't see where this is going but if you think my read is wrong then by all means we can talk about that
I mean, you are sheeping Gorks thought that I shouldn't think you are possibly scum that's lining up lynches on me and Tchill and I'm asking you what is the simplest solution that I should think. Town that's just wrong? Sure, that's what numbers say but I think its really funky that you rather not lynch the guy that you are scumreading more than me. Could you be scum thats trying to save your scumbuddy? If I'm wrong (and I quite possibly be) then sure. Are you scum that just doesn't want to be a a tchill mislynch wagon? sure Both of those are pretty equally plausible but I lean the later b/c I think at times scum will avoid ML wagons to make themselves look better. So I'm asking you to put yourself in my shoes here. You are confirmed town to yourself and there's a guy that wants to lynch you over the leading wagon that he thinks is scummier. Its not a very hard question and I'm not all that sure why you are struggling with it.

Maybe you are scum, maybe you are just town that's unwilling to admit they are wrong.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:20 am

Post by the worst »

Still super behind.
I am scumreading Ausuka here. :(

My overseas fam are leaving in 48 hrs which positions me for a weekend in which I can catch up on this game.
@mulch
sorry for the faux prodges, they will stop <3
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I feel in my heart that GreyIce and Bins are town
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1439, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1362, Quick wrote: given the nature of Thor's push, I would say it's pretty NAI.
Why is that?
The way you are pressuring him it feel like you are actually trying to get a rise out of him. It's in your firm points and not really working with him in the slightest. I know he is a Scum read, but I think anyone who get a case on them that is tunnelesque is probably going to react the way Screen has reacted. Not saying you are actually tunneling because you are not. Just saying you keep hammering on the same point and that can frustrate anyone.
In post 1439, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1359, Quick wrote:@Thor, Why was Gork Town for that post?
Which post?

I'm putting him in town for an ongoing series of posts that feel both honest and town minded.
The post I said was Scummy for his naked vote and saying "choochooo" which was the only thing he said about chill in that post. Why were the series of posts honest and Town minded?
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:25 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1504, Spiffeh wrote:I feel in my heart that GreyIce and Bins are town
Based on limited reading I feel this
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

y?

I really disliked how Bins came in and voiced support for the tchill wagon but didn't commit.

I wasn't a big fan of Grey using the "why me=fry me" thing for Tchill.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Gorkington »

i feel literally the exact opposite.
trash
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So GI was bussing tchill?

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Mulch »

Votecount 1.31(through 1508)

Tchill13(6)
~ (175), (69), (66), (77), (67), (82)

Nero Cain(2)
~ (35), (73)
Centipede Syndrome(2)
~ (19), (31)
Srceenplay(1)
~ (54)
Quick(1)
~ (38)
Hopkirk(1)
~ (39)
GreyICE(1)
~ (214)
Brian Skies(1)
~ (100)
Bins(1)
~ (26)

Not Voting (7): Town Gunner(0), Mafia Gunner(0), (93), The Worst(4), (38), (92), (74)

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-04-25 12:53:00)
Amrock#3784
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Gorkington »

i) im not pretending to have a good idea of what any scumteam would look like on d1 because im probably wrong about individual things, let alone linked things.
ii) my vote on tchill is literally stated as a pressure vote to get him to do things because hes not doing enough in the game yet.
iii) greyice literally just got off of tchill to vote you after admonishing someone for pushing a vanity vote.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Gorkington »

the idea that i should stop pushing someone because im scumreading someone who has voted that person at some point is kind of ridiculous.
q.q
trash
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1512, Gorkington wrote:the idea that i should stop pushing someone because im scumreading someone who has voted that person at some point is kind of ridiculous.
q.q
feels defensive and an overreaction.

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Gorkington »

nero.
im literally the most overdefensive and melodramatic person in the world.

you have no idea how many posts ive not posted this game because ive stopped myself from being even more melodramatic than ive already been.
but i should probably just accept that youre going to scumread me all game at this point so whatever!
trash
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

ty

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1451, Brigand Vvulf wrote:
In post 1438, GreyICE wrote: Look, you're town, so I'm going to let you in on the sad thing about these large games. It takes 11 to lynch. There's probably 5 scum, leaving 16 townies. That means if six townies decide to play The Lone Ranger and go off on their own, we would be unable to lynch anyone the scum didn't want us to lynch. In point of fact,
even if the person you are voting is scum
this is true - with 5 scum, there's enough we could split our vote between scumbags and still not get anywhere.

In short, Lone Ranger votes like these rarely accomplish something, even if they happen to land on scum. So try to sell us, or try to work with us. Nero's posts legit aren't great, but something like this isn't really going to sell us. It's a weak vote, that puts no pressure on Nero (because he needs 10 more to get lynched) and doesn't really even have bullet points for him to address (and potentially make himself look scummy). It's effectively a non-post due to game size.

If this was a micro things like this can work, because there's so few people that just putting a vote out there is important, but in a game like this you aren't even 10% of a lynch wagon. So please, lets work together.
I was really hoping we wouldn't resort to cases this game, but

ask and thou shall receive my friend

I just ISO'ed nero again. The issue I see with nero are that A) he's appearing to look active without really contributing anything of value to advance gamestate; B) he likes to dip in discussions that don't produce meaninful results that could then leads to reads; C) instead opting to take a lot of neutral stances then backing away from the discussion. D) There's also the over the top self-awareness, the unnecessary abrasiveness in dismissing scum reads on him, and in general being consioucs and reactive when confronted with the slightest of pressure. (but this could be a playstyle/gimmick so less emphasis on this part)

A.
1. 1105 pre-emptive discrediting while responding accusations
2. responding to ausuka's TR on creature, but offering no original opinion
3. 1258 dismisses the tchill wagon but approaches it from a wierd side angle while responding to grey, offers an unimpressive lurker isn't always scum defense, no opinions on people on the wagon

B.
1. with regard to ausuka's town read on creature
2. with regard to tchill being scum, leaving him a spot to join the wagon later if needed

C.
there are lots of exampes but the one that stood out was in 1090 when he offered an opinion but didn't pursue it any further

D.
1. I was offput by his consious effort to shake off the early SRs on him
2. A major proponent is the back and forth with toranaga with the absurd amount of OMGUS and jumping to the conclusion that tora must be scum, examples of this would be in 1134 where he discredits for seemingly non reason, and in 1248 where he mentions that scum could be sheeping tora with wagons but takes no initiative to spot any names
3. self-awareness re: beeboy 1090
4. responses to cheeky, etc
How do you explain Ausuka's TR on Nero being in their top 5 and Hop calling Nero Town and Nero telling Hop his read on him is baseless unless they in a hood?

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1456, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1344, Quick wrote:OK, so yesterday I was thinking Ausuka, cheeky, Hop, Nero, and beeboy were all in a hood.
Not sure if anyone's already said this, but... no.
OK, NVM my previous post.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Do you like the case on me Quick?

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1518, Nero Cain wrote:Do you like the case on me Quick?
I think you are probably Town.

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1508, Gorkington wrote:
i feel literally the exact opposite.
Can you explain why?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1519, Quick wrote:
thoughts on Brig and Bin pls.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1521, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1519, Quick wrote:
thoughts on Brig and Bin pls.
Brig prolly Town. Bins Prolly Scum.

Everything Bins does is horrible and I don't think that kind of atrocity comes from Town. I've played with Scum!Bins once and it's enough to know the more contrary to the rest of the game Bins is the more likely they are Scum.

Brig Town for his case on you even though it's probably wrong.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1500, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 892, Quick wrote:This is all their posts by page 5....

That is a lot of posts for not being able to keep up.

That is 13 posts in ~3 hours... They make up ~11% of the posts at that point in time...

So they COULD keep up earlier, but now all the sudden they can't

Thread has been open for 26 hours with 885 posts. That averages one post every ~1.7 min. For the first 5 pages the thread was averaging one post every ~1.6 per minute. Pretty much the same as it is now.

Ausuka has made on average a post every 48.75 min... And they are saying they can't keep up.
You need to stop
I have no idea what you mean because you didn't explain what I was doing "wrong"

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1520, Spiffeh wrote:Can you explain why?
i feel gross about gi just completely ignoring my scumread on him, hes spent a lot of time not really trying to accomplish something specific and his pushes in particular just feel like they dont actually have anything behind them in a way that i would expect from town him.

with bins, i kind of felt like the buddying on me was undeserved at the time, especially since im apparently having a scummy game according to everyone and their grandma :')
trash

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”