Brigand Vvulf
Goon
Brigand Vvulf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Brigand Vvulf »

In post 1497, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1451, Brigand Vvulf wrote:A) he's appearing to look active without really contributing anything of value to advance gamestate
this is really subjective. Ask Cheeky how this worked out for her?
i raised a point based on my observation. if people agree, great, if not, that's perfectly fine, but what's the point in saying "this is really subjective" here? i mean what are you even doing stating the obvious here, or are you really saying that cases should contain nothing but the objective truth?

Spoiler: quotes
In post 1451, Brigand Vvulf wrote:he likes to dip in discussions that don't produce meaninful results that could then leads to reads
???? I've given plenty of reads this game
In post 1451, Brigand Vvulf wrote:1105 pre-emptive discrediting while responding accusations
???? Why is arguing that I did not like Tor's stance scummy? Is this a wrong post number?
In post 1451, Brigand Vvulf wrote:there are lots of exampes but the one that stood out was in 1090 when he offered an opinion but didn't pursue it any further
out of the three I talked about in that post only Tor responded and we each said our piece and moved on. I'm not sure what you feel like I should be doing here. Should I instantly start yelling that Pan is scum?

look dude, quantity doesn't matter, it's the quality that matters, and this is what i mean with trying to look active, without really doing anything in the end (the ausuka's creature townread should be fairly obvious so what are you even doing poking your nose there?). they could have gone somewhere, but it feels like you didn't intent for them to go any further

In post 1451, Brigand Vvulf wrote:3. 1258 dismisses the tchill wagon but approaches it from a wierd side angle while responding to grey, offers an unimpressive lurker isn't always scum defense, no opinions on people on the wagon
you aren't even talking about the Tchill wagon. I don't think its a good wagon. I mean sure, I guess I'll give you that my could theoretically give me a loophole for voting him later (you are doing the same btw) but why does my read on tchill have to be static? Why can't I have reasons that pull me one way and reasons that pull one in the opposite way?

I'm also hard scumreading GreyIce () You didn't even talk about the tchill wagon up until recently so I don't think you really have ground to stand on.
true, I didn't talk about the tchill wagon at the time. but between not talking about it at all, and sitting on the fence about it, that's a big difference. but why does me calling you out on it make me scum? why would i even bother as scum when i could have just taken the low hanging fruit? this is something you're simply refusing to consider

Spoiler: quotes
In post 1451, Brigand Vvulf wrote:1. I was offput by his consious effort to shake off the early SRs on him
I mean, sure. Town do the whole naked voting reasonless votes thing but I don't see the problem with me asking you and Tor to back them up.
In post 1451, Brigand Vvulf wrote:3. self-awareness re: beeboy 1090
Town can't be self aware?
In post 1451, Brigand Vvulf wrote:2. A major proponent is the back and forth with toranaga with the absurd amount of OMGUS and jumping to the conclusion that tora must be scum, examples of this would be in 1134 where he discredits for seemingly non reason, and in 1248 where he mentions that scum could be sheeping tora with wagons but takes no initiative to spot any names
Eh, Tor wasn't very townie but I don't think I ever reached the conclusion that he can't just be bad town. 1134 is just an assholey way of saying I didn't like his reads. I feel like your more just sticking up for a friend than anything b/c why do I have to like his reads? Why does disliking said reads more likely to come from scum than town? Your right that I haven't taken the few minutes to ISO the mod and see the wagons that Tor was leading and who was following him around. Its something I said and its something I think could be possible but I'm not married to it or think that someone keeps voting with him that they HAVE to be scum.

I never said town can't be self-aware, but certainly not to your degree, it's incessant nature, to the point where it's like an obsession. you dont have to like other's reads but you dont have to be an asshole about them either. as demonstrated in multiple instances the way you handled scumreads on you is poor at best. but like I said could be your gimmick so w/e
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1525, Brigand Vvulf wrote:but what's the point in saying "this is really subjective" here?
b/c it is? Like I'm pushing my reads and commenting on the gamestate as the game unfolds and that's all I or anyone can do at this point. Your "point" that I'm doing nothing (advancing the gamestate) is objectively false. Or I guess I'm not advancing the game state by not voting who you want.
In post 1525, Brigand Vvulf wrote:(the ausuka's creature townread should be fairly obvious so what are you even doing poking your nose there?)
I still have no fuck what the clue this is? Yes, Creature town read
WAS
obvious. That's why it was a little :igmeou: that Tor was giving Asuka flak for town reading Creature so early. Like are you just coming to your friend's defense here b/c I don't think you really get it?
In post 1525, Brigand Vvulf wrote:but why does me calling you out on it make me scum? why would i even bother as scum when i could have just taken the low hanging fruit? this is something you're simply refusing to consider
It doesn't necessarily make you scum but its very hypocritical.
HYPOCRISY ISN'T A SCUM TELL!
You're right, its null b/c it comes from both alignments. Like I said, the possibilities are not limited to if you are scum you have to vote Tchill.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Ausuka is kinda scummy
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1370, Hopkirk wrote:Hey Tchill, I asked you one question and you didn’t answer it. I dislike it when people don’t answer my questions. (ok Brian)
I regret nothing.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 527, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 526, Toranaga wrote:nero can absolutely be scum yes
y?
In post 1090, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1057, beeboy wrote:Sure, what are your thoughts on Nero atm?
What made you want to talk about me?
In post 553, Nero Cain wrote:all these fuckers saying the scumread me but don't have the balls to stand up to me and say why are getting death tunneled and lynched.
As I said, I wasn't being too serious but obv you and Tor are not gonna believe that. Yes, I was interested in the unexplained scumreads on me. I feel like its a fair question to ask.

In post 613, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 609, CheekyTeeky wrote:Yeah that felt like a stretch to me too. Nero goes down Brian goes up.
I swear to god you are an idiot.
This kinda mean, I agree. I'm just frustrated that she constantly misreads me-unless she's scum this game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Not really getting why people are scum reading Centipede, I just feel no type of way about them

Elli's ISO early on as town is always pretty garbage so I don't really find his lack of effort all that concerning.

Tbh the worst part of that slot is that Chara isn't posting at all.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Eh....

In post 68, Ausuka wrote:
In post 56, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 46, Ausuka wrote:early reads are that creature is town, brian probably is too.
I think I'm being buddied.
was I wrong, Brian?
is the only thing that kinda pings me.

And meta wise I guess she's not playing like mariomaniac does.

Is there more?

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 970, Tchill13 wrote:All I know is these wagons seem to snowball very quickly. Interested to see if the same people are consistently the 2-5th votes.
This is something a town player literally never says.

If a town player believes this to be an actual tell, they keep their mouths shut and observe how the wagons progress in order to find people that are likely scum based on it. The tell immediately becomes useless the moment you mention it.

A scum player will make this nothing-post to make it seem like they're contributing when in actuality they have nothing to say and tells us nothing about their thoughts on the game.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1524, Gorkington wrote:
In post 1520, Spiffeh wrote:Can you explain why?
i feel gross about gi just completely ignoring my scumread on him, hes spent a lot of time not really trying to accomplish something specific and his pushes in particular just feel like they dont actually have anything behind them in a way that i would expect from town him.

with bins, i kind of felt like the buddying on me was undeserved at the time, especially since im apparently having a scummy game according to everyone and their grandma :')
Oh okay, here. You're town, you don't really care what I have to say, you'll either come around or you won't, so I'm not going to waste my energy.

Other than that, you're complaining that I'm not engaged with the game. Well, yeah. I've repeatedly complained it's such a fucking spam fest that it is hard for me to read. My solution has been to simply abandon the idea of reading the worst offender (singular) and ignore conversations with him as well. Since then, I've had some decent reads, and I'm more than a little annoyed that you are simply dismissing the Nero thing out of hand. That being said, I don't think you give a flying fuck whether or not you're playing well, and since you're town I don't feel like getting into a fight with you.

So there we go, first and last address of it. Take the olive branch or don't, because trust me in the grand scheme of things you being wrong is no skin off my nose.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1380, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1344, Quick wrote:OK, so yesterday I was thinking Ausuka, cheeky, Hop, Nero, and beeboy were all in a hood.
Gork has a good point on counterwagons.
UNVOTE: Pan
???
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1527, Spiffeh wrote:Ausuka is kinda scummy
To expand, I feel like she's taking advantage of Quick's inability to let go of back-and-forths to make it look like she's doing something when she's actually just upping her post count by continuing to respond to him and it's amounting to nothing in terms of reads or effort.

I feel like town should have realized that that interaction was useless a long time ago but she continues to engage with him about useless stuff.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by MariaR »

VOTE: Ausuka
Works for me
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1028, MariaR wrote:Oh we shouldn't lynch Centi I have a 100% read rate on one of the slots and the other can quote on quote "solve the game" after one day. It's better to give them a day but meh I'm not gonna stop ya
I feel like if the first part is true then you should be more passionate about them not getting lynched today?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by MariaR »

Are they getting lynched atm?
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Yeah Bins' continued focus on Quick's claim seems like busy work and I take back the read I had on her FROM MY HEART

HOW COULD YOU BETRAY IT BINS???
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Creature »

So what did I miss?
Sigh
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1080, Thor665 wrote:Is he though?
The best case I could describe on him is the odd reaction to Auska.
From what I've read of analysis of her posts and his posts at the time...I actually agree that his reaction was generally warranted.

Now, I can see you still thinking that's scummy, but...

1. Has he done nothing else worth voting over since?
2. Why aren't you advocating for him if you believe in the vote strong enough to park on it while the rest of the game is clearly ignoring him as an option now (and, indeed, some are starting to town sort him while you sit there silently)
3. You really have no *stronger* scum read on anyone else for any reason? (<--this is the part making me curl my toes at your play slightly)

Whassup?
I want to put you in a town sort - why you making it hard?
I feel better about Brian after his push on Hopkirk. I can understand being a little sketched out by Ausuka's town read based on what he had posted at the time. I still think calling it buddying was a little extreme but someone fairly pointing out that "buddying" means different things to different people.

I'm curious as to why you're so focused on my thoughts as from what I recall we've never played in a game together before?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1099, Bins wrote:it's fairly empty and similar to how I like to feign importance and interest in the game as scum
Is it bad that I kinda think this is how you're playing rn? :neutral:
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Creature »

Hmm
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Creature »

My smell senses keep sensing a bad idea.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1536, MariaR wrote:VOTE: Ausuka
Works for me
*sniff*
Sigh
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 1539, Spiffeh wrote:Yeah Bins' continued focus on Quick's claim seems like busy work and I take back the read I had on her FROM MY HEART

HOW COULD YOU BETRAY IT BINS???
what i do
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Bins »

hello it is bins behind 10 pages again
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1545, Creature wrote:
In post 1536, MariaR wrote:VOTE: Ausuka
Works for me
*sniff*
bad dog!
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Creature »

I need alternatives for Ausuka
Sigh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”