Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4775 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Klazam »

12 players

2 orange
1 red

We can afford a mislynch or two i think.

thoughts-
Shaziro being orange with gamma kinda scares me here. either theyre both town or both scum together.
Other than that, im kinda at a loss. everyone seems to be playing like town to me.

I know i've been a distraction in this game, so if i gotta hang, im fine with that, hopefully it'll let you all figure out things. I want to get into the game, but im not sure what i can do. like i said, im sorta townreading everyone at the moment, so obviously i made a misstep somewhere. If anyone has ideas for how i can try and reevaluate things and get more in the game, that'd be welcome.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4776 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Chara, and Joey, I want to talk to you guys when you are around.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4777 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 4730, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 4728, Shaziro wrote:
In post 4727, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 4661, Shaziro wrote:Sorry I've been away, got very busy. Tomorrow is D&D Night and I'll be mostly away from computer then too, but before and after I'll be here some. I didn't shoot last night, I'm out of shots. Didn't claim that yesterday in the hopes of drawing a scum NK, but I figure the information is more valuable to town now.
And I will believe this when pigs fly.
You realize that if I was SK, then I would have just claimed away my ability to kill, and therefore cost myself the game. Because if I ever killed somebody else, town would immediately go "Oh, hey, he lied. Scum." and I'd get lynched. Do you really think an SK would hobble themselves like that, rather than just shooting whoever town suggested they shoot and trying to squeak by that way? Or are you just trying to shade me because you don't want another effectively confirmed town around? I think the latter is far more likely.

Unless, of course, you were disbelieving that Tuesdays are my D&D nights, in which case...I mean, you're wrong, and I've said in -many- games that Tuesdays are my D&D nights, but at least that's a little less unreasonable?
No. Claiming vig as an SK is a gambit. I have seen many an SK win with that.

And no, there is such a thing as unlimited shot vigs in games.

You’re trying to paint me as unreasonable for suspecting you after you claimed unlimited shot vig and now that there are less kills that I am unreasonable when the egg is all over your face.

The facts are you lied in a game that quite easily could be broken by fucking mass claiming and looking over the kills as much as one kill shocked me you’re probably just an SK that targeted Almost50 because while it is a bad kill for scum it’s a great kill for an SK.
Ooh! Ooh! Point to where I claimed unlimited shot Vig! (Hint I didn't, you're making shit up to try and make me look bad. I explicitly just claimed Vig, and when people asked me about shots I said -nothing- because I didn't want scum to get the info)
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4778 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 4737, pidgey wrote:Shaziro prob town. Bu i have no fkn clue but hes been scummy to me and seems to be setting me up for a lynch which i dont like
When did I try to set you up for a lynch? Was it while I was actively saying we should lynch OTM?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4779 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 4776, Ranmaru wrote:Chara, and Joey, I want to talk to you guys when you are around.
Ill be online for an hour or two
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4780 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Im starting to be certain that marshy is orange, will need to reread more than the first 30 page and i will be much more thorough
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4781 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Klazoum, if youre town can you genuinely make an effort to reread and form your “head” about town pov atm? I want to revisit the reads id had for days includind your slot
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4782 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Im stupid, i never thought about it but both marshy and pidgey are actually mechanically clear of being last red because they cant rel spread+factionnal kill, that being said, i think we can confirm if one of them is orange simply by asking them to convert someone alive everyday clearing themselves of being last of their faction.

By exemple, if we flip an orange outside [marshy + pidgey] they need to convert someone alive that we decided before. Like we could make a list for pisgey and a list for marshy

Ex:
Marshy : chara > shaziro > baju > klazoum
Pidgey : otm > gamma > joda > brass

If we decides to lynch one of those in the list, the person has to try to convert the next on the list. If we ends up lynching orange outside spreaders the assumed last mafia in them has to convert that night or they are proven guilty. Red had a role blocker so i doubt red would have anything else that could explain a rel visit to fail (and town has nothing either). Etc, at worst we force orange mafia to kill the person rhey have to convert or to waste the factionnal kill for a visit etc.
Im not sure if im being clear but i think that lynching orange outside rel spreaders could confirm mafia (or clear in some extent) thus we dont lynch in those.

@MOD : is being converted to a religion is permament? Or can you be converted to another religion in a subsequent night?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #4783 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 4782, Joey_ wrote:
@MOD : is being converted to a religion is permament? Or can you be converted to another religion in a subsequent night?
If a player were converted to a Religion and targeted for conversion again, generally speaking, barring outside interference or extenuating circumstances, they would be converted again to the most recent Religion that targeted them.

Does that answer your question?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4784 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 4783, Maestro wrote:
In post 4782, Joey_ wrote:
If a player were converted to a Religion and targeted for conversion again, generally speaking, barring outside interference or extenuating circumstances, they would be converted again to the most recent Religion that targeted them.

Does that answer your question?
Yes

@MOD : Does a religion spreader visiting another religion spreader "convert" them or has otherwise any effect?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4785 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

You make a good point. I was thinking Marshy might be red, I didn't consider Orange. I'm mainly focusing on reads here, not as much the mechanics. Not too sure if he's orange though.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4786 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by marshy »

ran prolly town for misreading me like every other game i play with him
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4787 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by marshy »

sick of it tho tbh

id guess klazam/joda...mark i guess hold all last scum. joeys townier than everyone. shaz second. id lynch bu before chara. i think pidgeys town 9/10x tho. i think that wins the game

scum plz kill me tonight. yu never mislynch me cuz im being townread and i figure it out after the klazam flip
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4788 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Brass, I would appreciate if you put a bit more effort into the game as Conf Town.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4789 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Klazam »

In post 4781, Joey_ wrote:Klazoum, if youre town can you genuinely make an effort to reread and form your “head” about town pov atm? I want to revisit the reads id had for days includind your slot

yessir
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4790 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by pidgey »

chain me however you want, joey baby
-----------------
Sup
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4791 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 4669, Joey_ wrote:1.
EVERYONE AGREE ON MASSCLAIM, in this order RAN -> KLAZOUM -> CHARA
-> i will update my chart with the full roles once its done

I want everyone to chime in, reread the game at least surfing the threat and make somewhat of a comprehensive list, hardly anyone did that so its hard to question others read. Also almost everyone has 1-2 foses while theres at least 3 mafia
I agree
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4792 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

Shaziro's claim is almost certainly town. I would be pretty surprised if he ended up actually being SK
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4793 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 4758, Joey_ wrote:Also scum can get info just by having access the said list, they dont need to pass a resolution they want to have some kind of gain
What am I missing here? If Brass is able to present us the whole list, why does this matter? And from what I've seen, the descriptions of abilities is pretty cryptic, and even one that was an obvious positive such as the games didn't have a huge advantage.

This is probably worthless anyway. Brass should be host and Joey will likely be runner up and it'll be fine.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4794 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 4759, Joey_ wrote:Joda dont you find it weird that you basically received the same almost same abilities as gamma ?
Kind of. But I also would find it weird if town's only investigative was a random inventor. This alone does not make me want to vote Gamma
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4795 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

I'm stuck on this religion spreader thing. I think it makes too much sense for orange to have a religion spreader to match the red team's and so I want to say one of pidgey or marshy should be scum. However, I feel like both have been pretty towny by play.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4796 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

I really don't get why both scum teams would want to shoot A50 and not the IC or the claimed doctor. That makes me want to think OTM scum.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4797 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think given that we have what is essentially a bunch of fruit vendors, both me and Joda are probably town since the point of a fruit vendor is to be tracked to someone other than the nightkill
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4798 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 4782, Joey_ wrote:Im stupid, i never thought about it but both marshy and pidgey are actually mechanically clear of being last red because they cant rel spread+factionnal kill, that being said, i think we can confirm if one of them is orange simply by asking them to convert someone alive everyday clearing themselves of being last of their faction.
It's possible that the last red didn't kill last night and used religion spread instead. It's unlikely but it's possible.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4799 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

I'm definitely willing to lynch OnTheMark. Ranmaru's posts after his replace back in have felt townie but he's still in my POE pool. I could vote Klazam also

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”