Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Panopticon »

In post 2073, Gorkington wrote:
In post 1823, Gorkington wrote:actually i might be dumb, he might just be saying both are scum for different reasons.
context of previous post kind of makes that more likely.

his confidence level does not match his reasoning though.
>.>
Panopticon wrote:Because it's a blatant misrep
:V
V:V:V
V:
V:

i also think its pretty fucking hot garbage that youre now coming back to respond to the case -
without actually responding to it at all, by just trying to discredit it with a weird roundabout "oh well his one reason is shit and wrong and i never engaged him on it to explain why its wrong so hes null i guess".
literally the worst way you could have responded to me scumreading you.
Panopticon wrote:The reasons for most of my reads are weak because most of my reads are weak.

Petit obviously that was sarcasm as I'm now voting someone else
In post 1489, Panopticon wrote:No. tchill is today's wagon, no deviation allowed, absent a literal scum claim.
:neutral:
youre really walking this back as sarcasm? because it really does not read that way at all.

vote: panopticon

i want this.
i want this in my fucking bones.
theres literally nothing tn is doing thats town.

and i have to be honest, like, i wouldnt be doing my due diligence here if i just flat out trusted elli [and i kind of feel like he should also be seeing panopticon as an obvious buddy option here/it makes me nervous that he doesnt] and if im being even more honest, i was kind of putting a voice in a corner at the back of my mind that was saying that i cant really confidently read her in general.

most of tn's meta sprawls back a few years so theres some level of doubt to be had, but man it just looks so much like this is his scumgame rather than his towngame:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=65370 [unsigned posts are him]
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66095

and i think the best reason i can give is that scumtn talks at people when hes scumreading them.
and towntn just tries to get them lynched.

tn is just talking at people in this game.
hes not trying to sort people.
theres nothing genuine about anything hes doing.

theres nothing genuine about doubtcasting someone because theyre scumreading something your hydra partner did because you didnt post it.
theres nothing genuine about anything hes pushed on tchill.
and theres especially nothing genuine about him trying to walk back his read there as not being strong when hes indicated anything but the contrary.

the bonus here is that elli can still be right and pan can still be scum because pan's reaction to elli's program is really really fucking scummy if maria is scum.

theres also some part of me that doesnt like that a maria wagon based entirely on elli's rep and cheeky saying "UR SCUM IF U DONT" basically gives all of these players an excuse to jump on the wagon without actually putting anything behind their vote, which makes the wagon especially hard to hold anyone accountable to that isnt elli on d2 if it flips town.
"i also think its pretty fucking hot garbage that youre now coming back to respond to the case -"

I'm gonna be honest, I lost it in the sea of bullshit spam. Sorry.

"without actually responding to it at all, by just trying to discredit it with a weird roundabout "oh well his one reason is shit and wrong and i never engaged him on it to explain why its wrong so hes null i guess"."
It would be more accurate to say that only one of your points towards my head specifically had any relevance; the rest were aimed at my other head.

"literally the worst way you could have responded to me scumreading you."
And if I were scum, I might give a shit.

":V
V:
V:"

Same.

"youre really walking this back as sarcasm? because it really does not read that way at all."

Sure, I say things I don't mean at all, like literally any words out of my mouth directed to a customer at work.

"theres literally nothing tn is doing thats town."

Ok.

"and i have to be honest, like, i wouldnt be doing my due diligence here if i just flat out trusted elli [and i kind of feel like he should also be seeing panopticon as an obvious buddy option here/it makes me nervous that he doesnt] and if im being even more honest, i was kind of putting a voice in a corner at the back of my mind that was saying that i cant really confidently read her in general.

most of tn's meta sprawls back a few years so theres some level of doubt to be had, but man it just looks so much like this is his scumgame rather than his towngame:

and i think the best reason i can give is that scumtn talks at people when hes scumreading them.

theres nothing genuine about anything hes doing."

This is a fair point and all, but I'm done giving a shit on day fucking one of a huge game. There will be plenty of time later. Like I said earlier, it's what burnt me out of playing mafia for a while. So I'm trying something new.
Also, something you didn't touch on, I rolled scum a very disproportionate amount of times so my town game is actually really weak. I can only think of a handful of times I've actually caught scum without the assistance of power roles.
(further, my wiki has some offsite games linked too, but i haven't updated it in a while)

"theres nothing genuine about doubtcasting someone because theyre scumreading something your hydra partner did because you didnt post it."
There's also nothing genuine about attributing one player's play to another, hydra or not.

"theres nothing genuine about anything hes pushed on tchill."
Really? So I don't push policy lynches day one? And you claim to have ISO'd me?
REALLY?

(policy: lurk; policy: spam; policy: blatant antitown; policy: dumbtelling)

"and theres especially nothing genuine about him trying to walk back his read there as not being strong when hes indicated anything but the contrary."
My gut reads aren't good.

"the bonus here is that elli can still be right and pan can still be scum because pan's reaction to elli's program is really really fucking scummy if maria is scum."
My reaction to that has nothing to do with the game, I'd have attacked it as I had if it were posted in MD.

"theres also some part of me that doesnt like that a maria wagon based entirely on elli's rep and cheeky saying "UR SCUM IF U DONT" basically gives all of these players an excuse to jump on the wagon without actually putting anything behind their vote, which makes the wagon especially hard to hold anyone accountable to that isnt elli on d2 if it flips town."

"That said, with my hands off the game meta wheel, the meta-less stuff you see (and you expect me) to see as scummy, I quite frankly don't because of some perspective on how tn thinks/acts OUTSIDE of games. That's all I really want to say on the matter here but I know there are people in this game who can corrobate with regards to that."

Read: bullheadedly charging into every obstacle available, regardless of placement.
In post 2077, Gorkington wrote:it was admittedly a pretty lazy meta job.
i just really really dont feel like hes town
q.q

zzzzzzzzz
vote: maria
I would complain, but I put the same effort into my reads.
In post 2114, Bins wrote:im actually starting to feel slightly better about pano? i think

idk

i dont have a good enough reason to fight that, but if it's been tn i actually get decent vibes rereading their ISO
wait wut

BINS WUT R U DOIN
BINS STAHHHP

You can't just......
:b:ownread
me like this
In post 2187, Hopkirk wrote:Why aren't you voting Panoptican? He needs more votes.
Because I'm not scum? Believe it or not.
In post 2199, Panopticon wrote:The current case on me is a scum case, as I am town.
It's that easy.

-ObserVed
WHAT
VARSOON NO
STOP
T
O
P

~tn5421
He who is subjected to a field of visibility, and who knows it, becomes the principle of his own subjection.
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Panopticon »

In post 2224, Creature wrote:Did you read the role PM now?
That was blatantly a gambit I guarantee you he read his role pm by page 2 at the latest.
He who is subjected to a field of visibility, and who knows it, becomes the principle of his own subjection.
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Panopticon »

the worst (17:13)
I long for a talkative scumtean
the worst (17:14)
Scumteam too

But you can't fucking post here can you ya cheeky scumfuck

(moments ago in sitechat)
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Panopticon »

Spoiler: full context
Cerberus v666 (16:49)
I hate the night phase of games
as every alignment, just to clarify
As scum, my teammates are never around enough to plot and shit properly
Cerberus v666 (16:50)
and as town, it's jsut boring and you can't do anything
Cerberus v666 (16:50)
:(
tn5421 (17:10)
this is why town of salem is popular
tn5421 (17:10)
you can almost always 'do things'
the worst (17:13)
I long for a talkative scumtean
the worst (17:14)
Scumteam too
tn5421 (17:14)
lmao
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:16 am

Post by the worst »

Ya saw my fam off minutes ago. I am about 40 pages behind :lol:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:17 am

Post by the worst »

Ty for the scumclaim though [: VOTE: pineappleicon
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Quick »

Spoiler: Panopticon
In post 2225, Panopticon wrote:
In post 2073, Gorkington wrote:
In post 1823, Gorkington wrote:actually i might be dumb, he might just be saying both are scum for different reasons.
context of previous post kind of makes that more likely.

his confidence level does not match his reasoning though.
>.>
Panopticon wrote:Because it's a blatant misrep
V:
V:

i also think its pretty fucking hot garbage that youre now coming back to respond to the case -
without actually responding to it at all, by just trying to discredit it with a weird roundabout "oh well his one reason is shit and wrong and i never engaged him on it to explain why its wrong so hes null i guess".
literally the worst way you could have responded to me scumreading you.
Panopticon wrote:The reasons for most of my reads are weak because most of my reads are weak.

Petit obviously that was sarcasm as I'm now voting someone else
In post 1489, Panopticon wrote:No. tchill is today's wagon, no deviation allowed, absent a literal scum claim.
:neutral:
youre really walking this back as sarcasm? because it really does not read that way at all.

vote: panopticon

i want this.
i want this in my fucking bones.
theres literally nothing tn is doing thats town.

and i have to be honest, like, i wouldnt be doing my due diligence here if i just flat out trusted elli [and i kind of feel like he should also be seeing panopticon as an obvious buddy option here/it makes me nervous that he doesnt] and if im being even more honest, i was kind of putting a voice in a corner at the back of my mind that was saying that i cant really confidently read her in general.

theres nothing genuine about anything hes doing.

theres nothing genuine about doubtcasting someone because theyre scumreading something your hydra partner did because you didnt post it.
theres nothing genuine about anything hes pushed on tchill.
and theres especially nothing genuine about him trying to walk back his read there as not being strong when hes indicated anything but the contrary.

the bonus here is that elli can still be right and pan can still be scum because pan's reaction to elli's program is really really fucking scummy if maria is scum.

theres also some part of me that doesnt like that a maria wagon based entirely on elli's rep and cheeky saying "UR SCUM IF U DONT" basically gives all of these players an excuse to jump on the wagon without actually putting anything behind their vote, which makes the wagon especially hard to hold anyone accountable to that isnt elli on d2 if it flips town.
"i also think its pretty fucking hot garbage that youre now coming back to respond to the case -"

I'm gonna be honest, I lost it in the sea of bullshit spam. Sorry.

"without actually responding to it at all, by just trying to discredit it with a weird roundabout "oh well his one reason is shit and wrong and i never engaged him on it to explain why its wrong so hes null i guess"."
It would be more accurate to say that only one of your points towards my head specifically had any relevance; the rest were aimed at my other head.

"literally the worst way you could have responded to me scumreading you."
And if I were scum, I might give a shit.

":V
V:
V:"

Same.

"youre really walking this back as sarcasm? because it really does not read that way at all."

Sure, I say things I don't mean at all, like literally any words out of my mouth directed to a customer at work.

"theres literally nothing tn is doing thats town."

Ok.

"and i have to be honest, like, i wouldnt be doing my due diligence here if i just flat out trusted elli [and i kind of feel like he should also be seeing panopticon as an obvious buddy option here/it makes me nervous that he doesnt] and if im being even more honest, i was kind of putting a voice in a corner at the back of my mind that was saying that i cant really confidently read her in general.

theres nothing genuine about anything hes doing."

This is a fair point and all, but I'm done giving a shit on day fucking one of a huge game. There will be plenty of time later. Like I said earlier, it's what burnt me out of playing mafia for a while. So I'm trying something new.
Also, something you didn't touch on, I rolled scum a very disproportionate amount of times so my town game is actually really weak. I can only think of a handful of times I've actually caught scum without the assistance of power roles.
(further, my wiki has some offsite games linked too, but i haven't updated it in a while)

"theres nothing genuine about doubtcasting someone because theyre scumreading something your hydra partner did because you didnt post it."
There's also nothing genuine about attributing one player's play to another, hydra or not.

"theres nothing genuine about anything hes pushed on tchill."
Really? So I don't push policy lynches day one? And you claim to have ISO'd me?
REALLY?

(policy: lurk; policy: spam; policy: blatant antitown; policy: dumbtelling)

"and theres especially nothing genuine about him trying to walk back his read there as not being strong when hes indicated anything but the contrary."
My gut reads aren't good.

"the bonus here is that elli can still be right and pan can still be scum because pan's reaction to elli's program is really really fucking scummy if maria is scum."
My reaction to that has nothing to do with the game, I'd have attacked it as I had if it were posted in MD.

"theres also some part of me that doesnt like that a maria wagon based entirely on elli's rep and cheeky saying "UR SCUM IF U DONT" basically gives all of these players an excuse to jump on the wagon without actually putting anything behind their vote, which makes the wagon especially hard to hold anyone accountable to that isnt elli on d2 if it flips town."

"That said, with my hands off the game meta wheel, the meta-less stuff you see (and you expect me) to see as scummy, I quite frankly don't because of some perspective on how tn thinks/acts OUTSIDE of games. That's all I really want to say on the matter here but I know there are people in this game who can corrobate with regards to that."

Read: bullheadedly charging into every obstacle available, regardless of placement.
In post 2077, Gorkington wrote:it was admittedly a pretty lazy meta job.
i just really really dont feel like hes town
q.q

zzzzzzzzz
vote: maria
I would complain, but I put the same effort into my reads.
In post 2114, Bins wrote:im actually starting to feel slightly better about pano? i think

idk

i dont have a good enough reason to fight that, but if it's been tn i actually get decent vibes rereading their ISO
wait wut

BINS WUT R U DOIN
BINS STAHHHP

You can't just......
:b:ownread
me like this
In post 2187, Hopkirk wrote:Why aren't you voting Panoptican? He needs more votes.
Because I'm not scum? Believe it or not.
In post 2199, Panopticon wrote:The current case on me is a scum case, as I am town.
It's that easy.

-ObserVed
WHAT
VARSOON NO
STOP
T
O
P

~tn5421

This post is like twice as long as it needs to be and not because they went overboard defending themselves but because they artificially made the post look longer than it really was. That's a soft Scum tell.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 am

Post by the worst »

Like iso me. Trying to spin declared flakiness as scummy is gross.

Lmk if there's something youd rather I do scumpineapple
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Tchill13 »

the fact grey pushed me as soon as i hopped back on and asked who he was voting at the time to vote with him is all you need to know
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 am

Post by the worst »

Ew

Is grey/pineapple viable?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Quick »

In post 2233, Tchill13 wrote:the fact grey pushed me as soon as i hopped back on and asked who he was voting at the time to vote with him is all you need to know
Man, I didn't see it before, but I can totally see the SRs on you now. :(

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Quick »

In post 2234, the worst wrote:Ew

Is grey/pineapple viable?

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: the worst
Sigh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:35 am

Post by the worst »

Creature whos town?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:36 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2238, the worst wrote:Creature whos town?
Huh

The list's sorta long
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Creature »

Quick
Toranaga
Gorkington
Nero Cain
Hopkirk
Panopticon
CheekyTeeky (I think)
Ausuka
beeboy (even though he seems to be dead)
Thor665 (might need to recheck)
randomidget
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Creature »

Okay, not that long.
Sigh
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Quick »

In post 2240, Creature wrote:Thor665 (might need to recheck)
Highly suggest you do. Thor doesn't have that good of a Scum game, he's just a logic box.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 am

Post by the worst »

That's a fucking good d1 dontlynchpool

I'll analyse on catchup. Also want tchill's response to my question!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

everyone vote Grey
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Panopticon »

In post 2230, the worst wrote:Ty for the scumclaim though [: VOTE: pineappleicon
In post 2243, the worst wrote:That's a fucking good d1 dontlynchpool

Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Panopticon »

In post 2240, Creature wrote:Quick
Toranaga
Gorkington
Nero Cain
Hopkirk
Panopticon

CheekyTeeky (I think)
Ausuka
randomidget
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Quick »

In post 2245, Panopticon wrote:
In post 2230, the worst wrote:Ty for the scumclaim though [: VOTE: pineappleicon
In post 2243, the worst wrote:That's a fucking good d1 dontlynchpool

In post 2246, Panopticon wrote:
In post 2240, Creature wrote:Quick
Toranaga
Gorkington
Nero Cain
Hopkirk
Panopticon

CheekyTeeky (I think)
Ausuka
randomidget
That is not at all AI for Duck.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Whats all happening in your scum PT, Quick?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2224, Creature wrote:Did you read the role PM now?
Can't say.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”