Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I thought you were hard pushing Stefan/Flavor, which Grey was loudly doing yesterday, which as scum, would reinforce that idea and have Grey be the one to push it through to take the blunt of the blame in a mislynch
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Well this opened I see.

I fully expected to see a vote for me from Grey the moment the Day opened. So color me unsurprised to have my prediction granted. Yes, I was sure he was going to survive the Night. Because looks to me like foreknowledge of the result. I was certainly not sure that Cult was scum but his play absolutely demanded that hammer. It absolutely is within Grey’s scum game to sell out a weak partner for Town cred. I can link everyone to that old Buffy game I referenced earlier.

Grey
– I am ready and willing to 1v1 you today if you’d like. With a Day 1 scum lynch I think there is room to prove your scum read on me is manufactured even if it takes me being lynched as long as the rest of the Town sends you down the line right afterwards.

--

Hoopla and Stephan are both solid Town reads in my book. Hoopla based solidly on the strength of the pushback I got from Cult on not scum reading Hoopla for what he claimed he was Day 1. That isn’t bus / distancing behavior. I can elaborate when I have more computer time if necessary.

Stephan is Town for his play post hammer. Specifically starting at . Way too much doubt about the hammer and expression of unease with it to come from a partner that I found very credible. That Grey also still has him as a scum suspect is also a demerit to Grey.

Prism I think is more likely Town than not based on how strongly Grey is trying to buddy him. Yes, that’s a relational read but as it stands I’m comfortable with it.

--

The only other vote I’ll consider at this juncture is Piplup. Erika’s play before replacing in disgrace was still very scum oriented and Piplup’s opening today is does nothing to change my stance on him.

I’ll be voting one of Grey or Piplup in my next post once Grey responds to my 1v1 offer.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Piplup »

In post 950, Flavor Leaf wrote:I thought you were hard pushing Stefan/Flavor, which Grey was loudly doing yesterday, which as scum, would reinforce that idea and have Grey be the one to push it through to take the blunt of the blame in a mislynch
I was asked for my thoughts after a lynch had been achieved. How did you think I was "hard pushing" anything?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 874, GreyICE wrote:Eh this game took 4 days to start, the mod just missed a lynch when he posted, it's important to set the bar at the right spot. Mine is at "I'm happy if there's no gamechanging mod errors"
VOTE: GreyICE

For attempting to jinx the game.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Oh wait, it's Day 2. I forget we don't do a RVS now.

UNVOTE:
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Piplup »

In post 951, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Grey – I am ready and willing to 1v1 you today if you’d like. With a Day 1 scum lynch I think there is room to prove your scum read on me is manufactured even if it takes me being lynched as long as the rest of the Town sends you down the line right afterwards.
So, to be clear here. You think that Grey spearheaded the lynch on one of his partners when there were other options? To, what end?
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Piplup »

In post 954, Hoopla wrote:Oh wait, it's Day 2. I forget we don't do a RVS now.

UNVOTE:
You have a lot of cakes around your avatar, which also happens to be a cake. I feel like I am missing something.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 952, Piplup wrote:
In post 950, Flavor Leaf wrote:I thought you were hard pushing Stefan/Flavor, which Grey was loudly doing yesterday, which as scum, would reinforce that idea and have Grey be the one to push it through to take the blunt of the blame in a mislynch
I was asked for my thoughts after a lynch had been achieved. How did you think I was "hard pushing" anything?
Simple. I’m at work, and I don’t read thoroughly. Skim reading. I have a lot of downtime at work, but not enough where more than skimming will be happening.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by implosion »

Prism wrote:Also Implosion, you sure you're the type to just consider hammering out of apathy? And voice that consideration when you decide not to?
I got really bored yesterday. Sue me. Honestly I probably was never going to hammer but idk, I Just got really sick of watching wagons arbitrarily shift around with almost no cohesion.
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Piplup »

That seems likely incredibly flimsy reasoning. And, if true, you should probably dedicate more time to making sure you are reading accurately. Much like Prism.

Think I want Flavor Leaf more than StefanB now.

VOTE: Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 959, Piplup wrote:That seems likely incredibly flimsy reasoning. And, if true, you should probably dedicate more time to making sure you are reading accurately. Much like Prism.

Think I want Flavor Leaf more than StefanB now.

VOTE: Flavor Leaf
Why? I’m not scum trying to cover anything up. I’m just saying things how it is.

This is a lazy push.

Also, when realized I read incorrectly, I backtracked.

You, however, are using it as a crutch.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You started to feel the pressure of my Third Degree Boon, and you started pushing me because you felt that, and I hadn’t completely committed to it, even though it wasn’t incredibly obvious I was leaning scum on you.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by implosion »

I can kind of see the day-end-town arguments for both prism and stefan. I'm not sure how much weight I want to put into either of them. The weird thing about Stefan's play if he's scum is he went so far in on this skepticism of grey, while simultaneously saying that if coa flipped scum it would mean grey was town, when if he's scum he knows what coa is flipping. I don't think the uncertainty about the hammer is especially hard to fake but scum somewhat likely doesn't go out of their way to do that kind of thing. Prism's posting looks somewhat genuine-gamesolvey which is harder than usual to fake in that context.
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Piplup »

It's not a crutch. D2 for me is between StefanB, you, and MagnaofIllusion. You have given me the most reason to vote between those for now, though I am waiting on MagnaofIllusion to respond.

I still believe it is between you and StefanB though.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@MOI - don’t 1v1 with Grey, please. I don’t necessarily think you are scum, but I don’t really feel like hard defending Grey, and I town read him strong enough that I would be passionately defending him
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Piplup »

In post 961, Flavor Leaf wrote:You started to feel the pressure of my Third Degree Boon, and you started pushing me because you felt that, and I hadn’t completely committed to it, even though it wasn’t incredibly obvious I was leaning scum on you.
What does this even mean? Read my post above for timing on my read on you. Again. Please read before commenting.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 963, Piplup wrote:It's not a crutch. D2 for me is between StefanB, you, and MagnaofIllusion. You have given me the most reason to vote between those for now, though I am waiting on MagnaofIllusion to respond.

I still believe it is between you and StefanB though.
Nothing’s changed since before. You chose to switch based off of pressure on you. That is the crutch.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 965, Piplup wrote:
In post 961, Flavor Leaf wrote:You started to feel the pressure of my Third Degree Boon, and you started pushing me because you felt that, and I hadn’t completely committed to it, even though it wasn’t incredibly obvious I was leaning scum on you.
What does this even mean? Read my post above for timing on my read on you. Again. Please read before commenting.
I don’t care about your read. I care about the action. The timing of your read, and action and the things in between is why I figured out you are scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by implosion »

Piplup, why do you think that it was most likely exactly one busser? I dislike agreeing in any capacity with something that flavor has said but it feels really lazy to frame the game that way.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Honestly, it didn’t even matter what you said. It was more of a “the way it was said” and the actions taken up on it.

You chose to change to help out a scum agenda rather than actual reads.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by implosion »

And the MoI/GI thing makes me go :s.

It almost feels like a scum gambit from MoI but I don't think he'd feel the need to go for a gambit like that? But like, citing 873 and willingness-to-bus-weak-scumbuddies as his only reasoning is pretty damn weak. 873 doesn't seem like a good reason to think scum on a player who is pretty universally outspokenly confident on his reads as both alignments.
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by Piplup »

Nothing's changed? False.

You posted a flimsy reason to "warlock" read me. And, then you posted some self-aggrandizing comment about me feeling the pressure of something I'm not sure what to make of.

In reality, I had already stated that it was between you and StefanB for me today (with an outside change of MagnaofIllusion). You have given me a reason more than StefanB has.

I am scum for voting a (already stated) scum read?

Is this what passes for a good town player? I'm more inclined to think it is scum trying to get a mislynch.
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Piplup »

In post 968, implosion wrote:Piplup, why do you think that it was most likely exactly one busser? I dislike agreeing in any capacity with something that flavor has said but it feels really lazy to frame the game that way.
It's quite possible that both were on given the speed (but that would likely mean they most likely were on the latter end, which is where I am focusing for today). I want to resolve my list 2 before deciding further.
Piplup
Piplup
Townie
Piplup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Piplup »

In post 969, Flavor Leaf wrote:You chose to change to help out a scum agenda rather than actual reads.
Explain this. I do not understand.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by GreyICE »

You know, if I was scum I'd say yes, MOI. I've had epic screaming matches with Fate that I won. I'm really not scared of one. It'd actually be kind of fun, in a weird way.

But if you remember MST3K mafia and why neither of us were shot, something does occur to me. And I just can't get over Cult of Athena at the top of the town list. Cult of Athena. Why would they be your strongest town read? It is a thing that does not make sense. Eddie Cane doesn't seem to have any particular history with them in either incarnation, and its not like Cult's posts were good. I mean the first thing Prism wanted to do practically was lynch the fuck out of Cult.

Vote: Piplup

Feels bad because this new player is WAY stronger than the old slot, but stronger and town are not the same thing.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”