Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #4900 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Chara »

i don't know, for someone who is simultaneously believing that Mark's scumgame is flawless enough to be the same as his towngame, you sure do think he's playing one terrible scumgame.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4901 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm not even close to infallible, and considering Mark's standing right now i'm not sure if fighting his lynch would matter if he would just get lynched later.
above post was mainly just snippy and i apologize for that. night.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4902 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by Shaziro »

I don't think Mark's scumgame is flawless. I am pointing out inconsistencies in your own logic.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4903 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Chara »

by assuming that i share Mark's opinion that his scumgame is identical to his town? because it's not.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4904 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

It's also possible that orange has a protective and red shot them.

Orange could have shot A50 if they have an unclaimed religion spreader to make us more likely to lynch Marshy or Pidgey. The religion spreaders were told up front that it had no tangible night effects, so the scum teams would likely send the religion spreader to kill.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4905 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

Chara is kind of bringing me around on town OTM and that annoys me.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4906 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 am

Post by BuJaber »

I'm starting to think klazam can't be orange.

There's quite a bit of disagreement but apart from mark pushing for a shaz lynch there doesn't seem to be any clear counter wagons to klazam. I don't think orange will be obvious about defending him but would want to at least offer some real alternatives. There isn't a lot of consensus right now.
Does mark make sense as orange?
A lot of people are getting townread and it makes me uneasy.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4907 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:43 am

Post by BuJaber »

If I'm right that klazam can't be orange I don't think we should lynch him yet.

Looks like joey agrees with that. Joey could you explain / remind me why ran can't be red from your pov?

I think one orange at least is definitely in the townbloc. I think it is therefore best if we try to lynch someone who could be orange.

Ideal lynch is someone who could flip either red or orange actually. I think joda or mark then is our best best.
I don't like 4905 .. the annoying comment comes of as LAMIST and it's a good way to buddy both chara and mark in one post if they are both town.

Who hasn't voted for host yet? Let's finish up the congress stuff.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4908 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:43 am

Post by BuJaber »

Looks like joey agrees with klazam =/= orange is what I meant.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4909 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:47 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 4906, BuJaber wrote:I'm starting to think klazam can't be orange.

There's quite a bit of disagreement but apart from mark pushing for a shaz lynch there doesn't seem to be any clear counter wagons to klazam. I don't think orange will be obvious about defending him but would want to at least offer some real alternatives. There isn't a lot of consensus right now.
Does mark make sense as orange?
A lot of people are getting townread and it makes me uneasy.
What a weak read tho even if i agree with its conclusions. Hes not orange because no CW cmon
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4910 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:49 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 4907, BuJaber wrote:If I'm right that klazam can't be orange I don't think we should lynch him yet.

Looks like joey agrees with that. Joey could you explain / remind me why ran can't be red from your pov?

I think one orange at least is definitely in the townbloc. I think it is therefore best if we try to lynch someone who could be orange.

Ideal lynch is someone who could flip either red or orange actually. I think joda or mark then is our best best.
I don't like 4905 .. the annoying comment comes of as LAMIST and it's a good way to buddy both chara and mark in one post if they are both town.

“I think one orange at least is definitely in the townbloc. I think it is therefore best if we try to lynch someone who could be orange”

Why? What tells you that? Why is it best ti lynch in the townnlock for an orange when a last red lynch would remove a night kill from the game? Why its an orange and not a red in the townblock?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4911 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:54 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 4907, BuJaber wrote:If I'm right that klazam can't be orange I don't think we should lynch him yet.

- I made a post about reads i got from rereading about 2-3 pages ago and the ran read is on there. How could you forget posts that were very recent ? This is just annoying and makes me scumread your ass because it feels like you asking for my reads/interacting with me was for show

- Having no strong associatives that makes a slot non-red or non-orange does not influence the odds of that slot flipping mafia.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4912 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 am

Post by OnTheMark »

V/LA til Saturday night California time

Sorry guys ladies and gentle persons!
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4913 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Klazam »

HEAL: all on brass for host
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4914 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4904, Jodaxq wrote:It's also possible that orange has a protective and red shot them.

Orange could have shot A50 if they have an unclaimed religion spreader to make us more likely to lynch Marshy or Pidgey. The religion spreaders were told up front that it had no tangible night effects, so the scum teams would likely send the religion spreader to kill.
if orange has a religion spreader, wanting to make us more likely to lynch in the religion spreaders doesn't really make sense.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4915 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4905, Jodaxq wrote:Chara is kind of bringing me around on town OTM and that annoys me.
don't be annoyed. ;>
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4916 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 am

Post by BuJaber »

My point was to lynch outside of the townbloc for someone who could in theory flip either red or orange.

If red we get rid of last red.
If orange we can use the flip to find who among the townbloc is orange.
If town we can probably gain some info anyway because some people would have townread them some would have scumread them by virtue of them not being locktowned.

I am not saying that red isn't in the townbloc but I don't want to start lynching in the townbloc in hopes of catching scum. If red is in the townbloc there are no remaining partners we can flip first to determine who it is. But in the case of orange there is.

I think therefore it is more efficient go for someone who is controversial (not in townbloc) and who can potentially flip either red or orange.

Sorry if I explained it badly but that is basically the summary of my 2 posts above.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4917 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Chara »

wait, i just got Joda's post. you think scum has another hidden religion spreader and that pidgey and marshy are both town?

as for lynching outside of the townblock... well, yes. but we shoupd be lynching whoever is most likely to flip scum. an orange or a red flip would be good by your own admission, so what does it matter if they could be both teams or not?
i've still been too lazy to crunch the associations Joey's been looking at but i'll do so tonight.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4918 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 4896, Chara wrote:Mark isn't claiming a result, pretty sure that was a taunt.

i'm sitting here trying to come up with something to say to Shaziro and i just can't find a way to explain. it's not about emulating his towngame, it's about making a decision that would get him lynched (Mark should know this), and if he's town he's just about immediately ruined the towncred of his own slot. the only two explanations are a botched attempt to fake town stubbornness or that he's town.
i guess thinking about it there is one hallmark of his towngame that's missing here but every reason i've seen for scum Mark is something that makes perfect sense to me from the mind of town Mark. :<
Alright let's talk about this. First off, saying "Why did you visit A50?" is 100% claiming to have a result. A taunt would be "Well you killed A50" or something along those lines. Claiming to know that somebody visited somebody else is claiming a result. This is 100% a botched attempt at faking town stubbornness. I've modded a game for Scum OTM, this is what their scum game looks like.

-OTM refused to claim despite most claims being out so they could look back and see what Titus claimed. They didn't want to make the wrong fakeclaim.

-OTM then proceeded to fakeclaim a watch result on me, then immediately realize that "Oh shit, I've claimed Doc not Watcher, fuuuuck" when gamma points out that this result is impossible for them to have unless they lied about their role or didn't fullclaim. So they throw out some half-assed "Well it's...uh...the only possible answer...because...scum wouldn't shoot a religion spreader and red is effectively an SK and only an SK would shoot a religion spreader". Ignoring the fact that the last two chunks there, Red is effectively an SK and only an SK would shoot A50, point towards A50 being a red shot.

-A reason that keeps coming up for OTM being town is "Titus wouldn't replace out as scum getting wagoned" but that is A: A bullshit reason, if somebody can't keep playing the game they should replace out, scum or town, and B: Doesn't negate the fact that Titus was scummy and now so is OTM.

You are defending OTM based on really bad logic and a sort of "Just trust me this looks like town OTM" when it -really- doesn't, and it's incredibly suspicious.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4919 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4918, Shaziro wrote:"Why did you visit A50?" is 100% claiming to have a result. A taunt would be "Well you killed A50" or something along those lines
i had to pause my reading of this post because it's just so ridiculous i don't know what to say back to you. i didn't realize you were the authority on what taunts look like.

i'll go look at the narrative of Mark botching their claim
that
badly but right now i just think you're ignoring their opinion that mafia wouldn't shoot in the religion spreaders.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4920 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4918, Shaziro wrote:-A reason that keeps coming up for OTM being town is "Titus wouldn't replace out as scum getting wagoned" but that is A: A bullshit reason, if somebody can't keep playing the game they should replace out, scum or town, and B: Doesn't negate the fact that Titus was scummy and now so is OTM.
Titus wouldn't replace out as scum getting wagoned while blaming the game for "not listening to her".
it's possible sure, but i don't believe that.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4921 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 4919, Chara wrote:
In post 4918, Shaziro wrote:"Why did you visit A50?" is 100% claiming to have a result. A taunt would be "Well you killed A50" or something along those lines
i had to pause my reading of this post because it's just so ridiculous i don't know what to say back to you. i didn't realize you were the authority on what taunts look like.

i'll go look at the narrative of Mark botching their claim
that
badly but right now i just think you're ignoring their opinion that mafia wouldn't shoot in the religion spreaders.
If somebody says "No they're not a doc, I'm a doc!" that's a claim, not a taunt. If somebody says "I watched him visit A50" they're claiming, not taunting. Don't be pedantic, just accept that that is by no means a taunt, it's a claim of a result.

I did specifically point out the flaw in the logic of why scum couldn't have shot A50, you're just electing to ignore it apparently. OTM specifically said "Red is effectively an SK now" and then proceeded to say "Only an SK would shoot A50". Like, for real?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4922 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Shaziro »

Also, why are we working under the assumption that the scumteams were 3 person each? Is it required for a mod to notify the game when a scum team has been completely eliminated? I don't think so. In which case, 1 kill last night could be 1 scum team remaining.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4923 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4921, Shaziro wrote:If somebody says "No they're not a doc, I'm a doc!" that's a claim, not a taunt. If somebody says "I watched him visit A50" they're claiming, not taunting. Don't be pedantic, just accept that that is by no means a taunt, it's a claim of a result.
i don't remember him saying he watched you do it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4924 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4922, Shaziro wrote:Also, why are we working under the assumption that the scumteams were 3 person each? Is it required for a mod to notify the game when a scum team has been completely eliminated? I don't think so. In which case, 1 kill last night could be 1 scum team remaining.
because only 4 scum would be pretty tiny with how big the playerlist is, and there's no evidence of a third team?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”