Micro 789 - Alternating 9p - Mafia wins

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I'm going to read more thoroughly from the start and just post as I read with more consolidated reads on everyone after I finish.

PAGES 1-13
(first half of D1)

I agreed with Lovebird's townread on Rask in and ruling out Rask/Green as scum together. I also thought Lovebird's naked Iconeum vote in was pretty understandable given Iconeum's weak entrance post.

Iconeum's opening is pretty bad. In , he just paraphrases Bujaber's and doesn't add anything relevant to the discussion. Then,
after
GreenLiquid questions BuJaber in , Iconeum does an about-turn and votes BuJaber for the "contradiction." It feels like Iconeum is trying to go with the flow and piggyback off of other people's questioning. If he genuinely thought BuJaber's had a contradiction, I think he would have asked about it when he first read the post.

Quoting this so people can follow what I'm talking about:
In post 42, BuJaber wrote:This is all fishy to me.

Prediction: one of GL, Lovebird, Raska is scum.

Don't think scum!love would be so eager to TR someone so early. It is weird and attracts too much attention.

But seriously this whole discussion seems irrelevant; why would checking profiles be AI? Why is being bored AI? Why is being anxious to start the game AI?
This is the supposed "contradiction" where BuJaber seemingly both town and scumreads Lovebird.
In post 43, Iconeum wrote:It's a strange conversation to have, but even stranger to drag it out.
I like Buj's observation here.
This is Iconeum's next post where he doesn't say anything about it or engage with BuJaber's reads focusing instead on the more non-alignment relevant part of BuJaber's post.
In post 48, GreenLiquid wrote:Why is Lovebird in your scum pool if you don't think she would have acted that way as scum?
In post 59, Iconeum wrote:Bujabers contradiction is the most scummy thing so far imo, let's see where that leads us

VOTE: Bujaber
Then sheeps GreenLiquid when he brings up that point.

Other thoughts:

Cheeky entering the game by trying to derail the Not_Mafia wagon was pretty town. I think scum in her place would be more likely to either agree with the wagon or remain weakly skeptical of the Not_Mafia wagon to look good upon his flip but not actively oppose it. I mostly townread Cheeky's forcefulness here, it genuinely seemed like she wanted to change the gamestate away from what would have been a free mislynch. Her reads also align with where my current POE is at: I think Icon/Korina's slot is the most likely team but more on that in a bit. She's also making a lot of waves trying to completely change the direction of the game rather than go with the flow.

The GreenLiquid townread comes from the fact that he's looking beyond the surface when he engages BuJaber. BuJaber's grouping strategy is something that feels counter-intuitive to how most people play and something that scum could very easily push on to look busy but the amount GreenLiquid is second-guessing himself comes across like he actually cares about BuJaber's alignment. For example, in he argues that the POE strategy doesn't seem useful but instead of using that as ammunition against BuJaber, calls him an "idiosyncratic townie." The fact that it happens when he is struggling to develop any strong reads at all is even more townie because the points he made against BuJaber could easily be used as excuses to manufacture a scumread if he wanted to. He does end up voting BuJaber eventually but again undermines his own read in before pushing him again with actually good reasons in . In general, I also think GreenLiquid is being particularly cautious in trying not to lynch based on playstyle and second-guessing himself intensely. I don't think it's something scum would have as a top priority over just posting reads that they can plausibly fake.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Guilty as charged for trying to sort Bujaber.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:50 am

Post by BlackVoid »

PAGES 14-27
(second half of D1)

Regarding the mutual scumreads of Lovebird and Iconeum, I townread Lovebird and scumread Iconeum. This is mostly because even though Lovebird barely explains her push and reads in general, they intuitively make sense. I mentioned the RVS Rask townread, Iconeum vote and continued push in my previous post. I didn't think her switch to Not_Mafia in and back to Iconeum in was scummy at all. It looked like she went with the consensus wagon when her Iconeum-push wasn't gaining traction. But when CheekyTeeky replaced in and pushed Iconeum, she realized that now that she had support, voting her scumread was a better option. The Rask vote after townreading doesn't bother me much because it came after a genuine engagement with CheekyTeeky and I buy the explanation in . I didn't realize this while skimming the game and ISO's but reading the flow of the game, Lovebird comes across as decently town.

My biggest issue with Iconeum is that he's often piggybacking off of other people's content and going with the flow of the game. This is especially true of GreenLiquid. For example, in , he recycles GreenLiquid's point about being less certain of a BuJaber scumread because he's sticking to his guns. His initial vote on BuJaber also came after GreenLiquid pointed out the "contradiction." Then his is also using GreenLiquid's points to try and get a wagon going on Lovebird. I think he's trying to pocket a strong townie by aligning himself with GL.

Iconeum's end of day posts where he and CheekyTeeky are both active felt like he was trying to mimic her reactions to events. His turn on Rask in to with reasons parroted from CheekyTeeky who accused Rask of "shopping for a lynch" in is suspicious. The lack of engagement and just rehashing points comes across a lot more opportunistic than Lovebird's Rask vote which came after an actual discussion with CheekyTeeky where Lovebird was being convinced. Iconeum's also feels like a rephrasing of CheekyTeeky's . Potentially setting up BuJaber/Lovebird as lynches if one flips town and the unvote almost feels like he thought people would townread BuJaber's ATE and felt like he needed to hop off. Reaction in to Cheeky's fake-hammer; if he was so confident in Lovebird flipping scum, I don't think he'd have that much of an issue with the hammer.

Cheeky and GreenLiquid continue to be town, and Christopher hasn't posted much. His content is mostly mediocre but it was a combination of Korina's posting (more in the next section) and POE that leads me to scumread him.

I thought BuJaber's reaction upon almost being lynched was pretty towny unless he's really good at scum. It takes quite a bit of nerve for scum to assert that this is one of their best towngames D1 whereas it's easily something I can see myself saying as town. He's also right that he's made a lot of pushes and generated a lot of content. This is even more true from my skim of D2.

So, CheekyTeeky -> GreenLiquid -> Lovebird -> BuJaber are townreads. Iconeum is a scumread. I think his partner is Christopher/Korina's slot since I townread everyone else. I'll point out the scummy posts from Korina in my next post although it's a much weaker read than Iconeum. Heading to bed so this will be tomorrow. Feel free to engage with the content I posted so far.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:58 am

Post by Iconeum »

oh boy
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:01 am

Post by BlackVoid »

You could always address my actual points as opposed to claim that I'm scumreading you for trying to sort BuJaber.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:05 am

Post by Iconeum »

It takes a little time to write everything though.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 am

Post by Iconeum »

So in your first paragraph you scumread me because I have a case on Lovebird, and townread Love for a lack of explanation on me.
Then you begin explaining how Love was switching around votes, 'going with the flow', but not scumreading for it.

Then in the second paragraph you accuse me of 'going with the flow' and scumreading me for it.
I am quoting and copying quite a bit from GL, but that's because I townread him and like his posting. For some reason you scumread me here for 'pocketing a strong town', but the contrary is true. He's being scumread by the other players so if anything, why would I stick my neck out defending GL here if I'm scum?

I agree about Bujaber, and after everything I'm also reading Buj as town here. Agree that his reaction at almost-lynch was very townie.
Not liking that you put Cheeky at the top of your read. That makes little sense.

In all, townread on Blackvoid mostly because of the effort he put into the catchup, but it also sounds sincere.
It's wrong, but it's sincere.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:11 am

Post by Iconeum »

Blackvoid, if you reread Lovebird vs me, you'll see Love starts scumreading me EXTREMELY early.
Mostly (and only) for lack of content 'empty' posts. If you call that 'making intuitively sense' I agree with you.

What's wrong with it is that it hasn't changed entire game. When I asked lovebird about this, the response makes no sense.
It's in 894. Phoneposting now so sorry for not linking it
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:18 am

Post by Iconeum »

One more thing, after my 1v1 with Bujaber when I'm trying to sort him, I began townreading him. That's not an opportunistic scumpush.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

Lovebird - 2 - Iconeum, BuJaber
BuJaber - 1 - Greenliquid
Iconeum - 1 - CheekyTeeky
Korina - 1 - lovebird

Not Voting - Korina, BlackVoid

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline is suspended and will be set for 48 hours after a replacement is found.

Korina is being replaced.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:13 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

BlackVoid you do realise you're allowed to vote your strongest scum read right?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Prodding BuJaber
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

The two things that stand out to me right now about BlackVoid are:

1. This is high-effort posting, which is a somewhat promising sign... although this is also catch-up posting, so I'm not sure I want to read too much into the level of effort since effort is basically expected.
2. He makes some great observations -- for instance, Ico's progression -> is something I never really noticed and that I don't think anyone else pointed out either. This level of observation on re-read makes me think he's town, as scum doesn't have to dig especially deep on a catch-up to look townie.
So basically, if BlackVoid is scum, he's tryhard scum, which is the polar opposite of ZZZX. :lol:
(As I typed that, I just realized that we never got an explanation of the N_M hammer/scum read from ZZZX and that we'll never get one, and that's kind of infuriating)

This is going to be one of those cases where I have trouble reconciling my pre- and post-replace reads, but at the very least I'm confident we should not be lynching BlackVoid today. I would rather focus on {Love, Ico, Bu}

BlackVoid: I generally agree with your reads but not with your Lovebird read. I concede that after reading your towncase on her, it occurred to me that the "pecking at posts" and not engaging at length I've been raising my eyebrow at might be more a playstyle quirk than conscious scum play, but I think there
are
a few moves in her posting that look like they could be coming from conscious scum.
I also disagree on town!BuJaber but I'm starting to second guess myself on that. The main thing driving my reconsideration is his tone, which in D2 has felt emotional (specifically, the exchange with Ico keeps coming back to me) but not to the point of being AtEy, and I want to say it may be genuine. On the other hand, my scum read is mainly on the basis of scum-motivated actions and a couple of stated reads that feel fake, and I'm resisting going with my gut over my brain on this one.
In post 906, Iconeum wrote: In all, townread on Blackvoid mostly because of the effort he put into the catchup, but it also sounds sincere.
It's wrong, but it's sincere.
This is an interesting stance. If this is coming from scum!Ico, he is town reading someone pushing him as their top scum read. On the other hand, this is a near-complete reversal from / , and I can't see that seriously being justified by "he put in effort".
... Actually, I think I'm onto something here. This marks the second time Ico has townread someone on catch-up for dubious reasons: the first time was his . I called him out on it that time, so if he's scum, he's consciously doing the same thing again. I don't think scum!Ico would dubiously townread a catch-up on a townie, get called out for it, then do the same thing
again
on another townie, which makes me think that if Ico is scum, one of {Korina, BV} is more likely to be his partner. That could actually put us in a decent spot tomorrow with a red Ico flip!

I guess now that I'm done feeling proud of myself, the bigger point here is what a load of crap that turnaround is and that Ico needs to be at L-2 again.

VOTE: Iconeum
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Iconeum »

What? zzzx I scumread for that shithammer and reasons, but what Black is posting is obvtown to me. Why would I push that??
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Ya'll better be gettin' your facts straight quickly here.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Iconeum »

What is my scum motivation for townreading Blackvoid, after having zzzx as a scumread?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Iconeum »

What can I possibly hope to achieve by that?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Doesn't mean I can't be wrong about Black, and maybe i'm giving him too much credit for the effort.

Still, we lynch Lovebird today and see what happens there. It's still my main scumread, and Ive posted extensively why.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 915, Iconeum wrote:What is my scum motivation for townreading Blackvoid, after having zzzx as a scumread?
Avoid a direct 1v1 with walllater and try to redirect to town lynch.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Lovebird »

If blackvoid has good scumgame then I'm pocketed, lol. Don't think he's scum though.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Stop scumreading me if ur town. The case on me is just bad. I only had low content early D1. Focus elsewhere.
I'm not getting lynched today.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:42 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Now we're waiting on Korina right?
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Waiting for Korina to be replaced, yes
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 920, Iconeum wrote:Stop scumreading me if ur town. The case on me is just bad. I only had low content early D1. Focus elsewhere.
I'm not getting lynched today.
Will respond to the rest in a bit but I really don't buy this soft-claim here. I think we have enough concensus on Iconeum being scum that having a claim might be a good idea.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Post by Iconeum »

We need a solid lynch to work with. Out of all players, I feel lovebird is really the only one I can put in my lynchpool right now.

My towncore is too damn small. I currently only have Buj and GL in there.
Cheeky in the middle, I don't like his push on me. Could be town.
Null on Korina. zzzx/blackvoid can go either way. I liked the catch up post, but zzzx scumhammer can't be forgotten. Would rather not lynch the slot and give him opportunity to post and be sorted.

That leaves lovebird as the lynch. I know you guys disagree with these reads, but i'm posting MY thoughts here for later reference.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”