mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 912, Pine wrote:Bite me, T-Boner.

(<3)
Are you edible?
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

FUCKING HELL. I'm disregarding those 48 hours, I've been gone long enough and I've had bottled up desire to solve a game for about an hour now.
Recent developments have made me more motivated than ever to play this game, and I realized this is the best place to apply my new fury.
LISTEN WELL SCUM! I WON'T LET YOU TAKE ANYONE I HOLD DEAR, YOU'LL HAVE TO TAKE ON ME FIRST!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:30 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

O_o'
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And btw since I'm posting again these are my thoughts I'd kept contained until now
In post 873, Pine wrote:This feels like scumReck

Which means it's probably TownReck

This feels like scumFire

Which means it's probably TownFire

Boys, get along.
Can you explain the logic for both of these?
In post 899, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 897, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 895, CheekyTeeky wrote:Interesting. So no other scum reads? Who are my buddies right now?
pine feels like he avoided your wagon and talking about you for a pretty long while and then hopped on near the end b/c he doesn't have a strong enough stated scumread on anyone else to feel like he can avoid it and feel like it's justified

aside from that there are 3 people who are basically unreadable imo due to not even trying to play yet (arcangel mutant and hiplop) so maybe one of those
I don't know if this is a town slip or not, but something for people to look back on when the number of scum become clear.
It's something I think we could use rule of three on if gooey flips scum
In post 903, CheekyTeeky wrote:Well yeah my reads are self obsessed because I made myself a wagon lol. I'm sorry for sorting my wagon I guess?
A word of advice: self-centered reads don't make you look very good.
In post 922, northsidegal wrote:
In post 911, T-Bone wrote:
Wow, so I hate this type of bullshit. A) It took me like 2 minutes to delete all of it so I could write the word SNIP so we wouldn't have to read it again.

More importantly, what is the purpose of this post? I'm not asking to meme either.

It would be one thing if northsidegal actually followed up on this...made some inferences on this...or commented on it in any meaningful way. Nope, that didn't happen.

Busy work = scum work is the point I'm getting across. This to me, more than anything, looks like someone trying to emulate what town!them would do. This is the kinda stuff I expect out of mastina when she draws scum.
i'm breaking the 48 hour thing to respond to this (hey, i'm still following along with the thread!) because i think it's kind of silly

that post was literally wagon data from mathblade's automated votecounter tool

if you think i manually counted all of that you're insane, and you also must think that i'm insane or something?

if you really must know, one thing i found interesting from the wagon data was that cheeky was the only real wagon that made it to any real vote count. on just a surface level i think that indicates that she's town - if she were scum i would either expect a counterwagon to have popped up at some point or for there to be more theatric interactions, and just from memory i don't think i've seen any that look like that to me. so, it kind of strengthens my townread there.

really i just did it because i was doing the automated votecount anyways and i thought looking at the wagon data would be interesting. anyways, back to v/la.
This response is bad. First of the "hey I'm reading still" is not needed and is just to look like a proper townperson. Next up T-Bone never accused you of doing it by hand, he called it busywork. Busywork can be done with a machine. Finally the singular thought about what you think of the wagons comes off as trying to post content to appease T-Bone. If you really cared about it you'd probably a) have more to say and/or b) have said it sooner.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:35 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 928, Gamma Emerald wrote:A word of advice: self-centered reads don't make you look very good.
Thanks for the advice gamma ;)
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:45 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Gamma is town.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Here is my nsg case. The quotes were collected last night fyi
Spoiler: READ THIS
In post 235, northsidegal wrote:People i'd vote (in no particular order):

Gamma
hyung
Firebringer
brassherald
Brian Skies

VOTE: brian skies
This becomes important later
In post 332, northsidegal wrote:
In post 330, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 327, northsidegal wrote:Meh, Brian Skies can wait.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Anyone feel like following me here?
Nah I think gamma is town. What are you seeing?
i mean, i'm not seeing him as town at all – i don't think there's anything there to townread. for one, he's kind of avoided this game in favor of others (ellitell). for two, most of his contributions seem like total
non-
contributions. i would quote examples, but i think you can just look at like the last 10 posts of his ISO. if you want me to go more in-depth i will.

what are you
townreading
there?
This appraisal of my ISO is pretty horrendous, for the reasons Brian Skies gave. But I'll re-iterate when I get to the lolcase what exactly the problem is.
In post 336, northsidegal wrote:eh, i'm bored and gamma's iso is short, going to do a mathdino-style full iso "lolcase"
In post 6, Gamma Emerald wrote:this seems like it will be fun
In post 20, Gamma Emerald wrote:Pine that is sufficiently foul
In post 25, Gamma Emerald wrote:bruh I'm tryna see what's in ur otha tabs and I ain't seein' shit
nothing game related
In post 28, Gamma Emerald wrote:btw I'm curious what happens if the market leader person whatever dies, does the ability to post votecounts transfer or is it lost
@Untrod Tripod what happens to the market-chosen power if the holder of it dies?
In post 32, Gamma Emerald wrote:oh I see it now
votecount mechanics question and realization from not reading the rules, totally NAI.
In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:wait how has T-Bone indicated anything about his role
NAI, not followed up on when told to "shush" basically (which i feel like town gamma would probably question this thing more? i have something specific in mind but can't talk about it)
In post 48, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 47, PenguinPower wrote:How do we all feel about Crystal Pepsi?
never tried it
still nothing game related
In post 52, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 49, Vaxkiller wrote:I mean cola is gross to begin with, but Pepsi is the bottom of the cola barrel.

Crystal Pepsi?

Id rather eat a Necco Wafer
bruh necco wafers are actually pretty good
I used to dislike em but then I realized sweet hearts were the same thing and I liked those so
Also I think I've got some info on how to read penguin if you would like some vaxx
Mentions info on how to read penguin and asks if vax would like to hear it instead of just coming out and saying it. I don't think that's a scumtell in its own right but i don't see why gamma wouldn't just come out and say it or actually just use it to form a read on penguin and mention the tell.
In post 56, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 54, Vaxkiller wrote:Not sure I really want friends who like pepsi and necco wafers.

Lay it on my gamma.
I seem to have lost the last mention of what I was intending to refer to as my major source but I can track it down the pipeline as it came from another game still
Don't believe this was followed up on
In post 127, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 70, PenguinPower wrote:Sprite is a Coke product. So, it doesn't matter if you're illiterate.

Your opinion is invalid.
I like Canada Dry, what now
In post 130, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 75, Vaxkiller wrote:Mr Pibb flunked out of Med school, here are all his former classmates.
you're missing Dr. Chek
nothing

maybe this could be read as gamma trying to imitate his catchup-style but just not having anything game-related to say so sticking with the beverage talk? probably not a sound conclusion but this is a lolcase so -shrug-
In post 131, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 96, Brian Skies wrote:Let's overthrow the market and instill me as the new Votecount Overlord.

VOTE: Vecna
Good idea: kill the monarchy and instate a democracy
VOTE: Vecna
In post 132, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 113, T-Bone wrote:Well, you DID just bitch me out for something Gamma did, said I failed, and did the ol' hilarious "FOS" thing.

So seriously. You tell me.
yeah real talk Cheeky is my first scum read for the FoS thing, comes off as too focused on getting out reads
VOTE: CheekyTeeky
don't really like these votes

yeah i don't really feel like continuing this but you get the gist, not really seeing any sorting or effort at sorting there
So the problem with nsg claiming my last few posts aren't that relevant that relates to this is as Brian said: nsg never address my more recent posts in her lolcase. If she aimed to make that point it kinda messes things up. In addition there's some flaws I've spotted in her logic, like her attacking me for not following up on things, which has come up as a point against me before, and I was town then. So her using it now points to her not considering past history and using anything she can to finger me as a suspect.
In post 363, northsidegal wrote:
In post 357, Firebringer wrote:I don’t really have read on mutant and think talking about him isn’t useful for progressing game.

But then again I don’t really have anything useful to talk about either.
No scumreads.

Anyone selling scumread rn?
Gamma
For her scumreading Firebringer she sure seems to think he's a good person to turn to for votes.
In post 551, northsidegal wrote:hi, gamma is scum
At this point I'd responded to her lolcase, so her not responding to it but posting this makes me believe she has no intent to actually further evaluate me, and just intends to push me.
In post 779, northsidegal wrote:
In post 772, Gamma Emerald wrote:You know what the grace period is motherfucking over
VOTE: northsidegal
her scumread on me is absolute dogshit and she hasn't addressed my criticism of it at all ever
what about firebringer's scumread on you?
Deflecting my pressure on her by trying to get me to focus down firebringer.
In post 788, northsidegal wrote:
In post 785, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 783, northsidegal wrote:why is his scumread on you "bad town" while my scumread on you is scum?
I think he's just expecting me to play a certain way and though he's wrong I feel like it's very possible I'm not matching up to his expectations
but your lolcase has a lot of bad reasoning imo, though you neglected to ever acknowledge my response
lol
three times she chooses to just respond with lol. I belive the intent is to present a noncaring attitude.
<Embrace The Void>

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

NSG was town at the start of the game. That might have changed by now though.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I forgot to note this but if anyone is think I have confbias I'm sure I do not, I was able to see towniness in some things but the overall trending for what I saw was scummy stuff
<Embrace The Void>

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:21 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Current lynchpool:

Hyung, FB, Reck, NSG, Tbone, Pine

People who I wouldn't mind getting lynched (policy):

AA9, Hiplop, mutant, brass

People I might lynch tomorrow:

Gooey, Penguin, Vax, Brian

Never lynching:
Gemerald, Vecna
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:27 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 921, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 911, T-Bone wrote:This I hate. It seems more like an easy space to occupy than a genuine read.
This is a great point. Why Arc over anyone else producing content?
This part you quoted was in reference to Pine??
No, I actually thought you spent time collecting the votes manually lol.

I still would have liked to see some analysis right away, because again, I hate content that is easily faked.
In post 923, Brian Skies wrote:This is the first time I've seen TBone give a stance on anyone this game (unless you want to count his hyung vote which mostly just felt opportunistic to me). While I'm unopposed to an AA9 lynch, there's nothing about his vote there that makes me feel good about him.

His sudden stance that NSG is scummy for posting VC's (really?) and Cheeky for not answering a simple question feel pretty superficial to me as well.
WOMP WOMP WOMP

If this is the "first time you've seen T-Bone give a stance all game" then you just aren't reading the game.

Which is SUPER weird, considering you have insinuated a few times already that you think I'm scum.

It is SUPER weird that you point out two things I did from my previous post...and completely misrepresent what they were. Now, since this is the "first time" you've read my posts, I can forgive you. Oh wait no...because while this is the first time you've read my posts, this isn't the first time you've declared some sort of read on me.

Do you know what we call that? SUPERFICIAL CONTENT!!! WOOOOO!!!

Does anyone else find that weird?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 935, T-Bone wrote:Does anyone else find that weird?
Kinda, but this could just be a difference in opinion of what's considered 'taking a stance' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mostly just lurk now.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:39 am

Post by T-Bone »

Maybe. It felt like a GOTTEM moment to me.

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:48 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 935, T-Bone wrote:This part you quoted was in reference to Pine??
Sorry I thought I was being efficient. 1. You made a good observation about pine (related to quote). 2. Why did you choose AA9 over the others you scumread or others with content? (Unrelated to quote, but comes from same post)
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:14 am

Post by T-Bone »

The simple answer is that I have to choose someone. I'm not trying to make any special distinction between people by voting here.

Do you think of all the low content posters there is anyone lower than ArcAngel?

And I would put my criticism of Pine in the same place I put mine of northsidegal. Content that is easily faked and lacks meaning beyond the surface. Do you think Line's response to my post is sufficient? Or something else?

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 931, Gamma Emerald wrote:In addition there's some flaws I've spotted in her logic, like her attacking me for not following up on things, which has come up as a point against me before, and I was town then. So her using it now points to her not considering past history and using anything she can to finger me as a suspect.
Is this based on experience you have with her or...?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 934, CheekyTeeky wrote:Current lynchpool:

Never lynching:
Gemerald, Vecna
This is ridiculous.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 37, Vaxkiller wrote:So t bone pretty much has to be town with that role.
In post 42, T-Bone wrote:The easiest way to my heart (and my town pile) is having a town read on me, yes. I'm glad we're on the same page.
Idk what this is and TBone's response mostly seems like a joke, so it doesn't count.
In post 102, T-Bone wrote:
In post 99, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 95, Gammagooey wrote:

(when everyone actually gets in here and posts at least once I'll prob
stop shitposting
do things in addition to shitposting)
What was the purpose of this post?
What is the purpose of this post?
In post 111, T-Bone wrote:
In post 104, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 102, T-Bone wrote:
In post 99, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 95, Gammagooey wrote:

(when everyone actually gets in here and posts at least once I'll prob
stop shitposting
do things in addition to shitposting)
What was the purpose of this post?
What is the purpose of this post?
Ok to be clear. Why do we need to know that you will produce actual content when everyone has posted? Simple answer is that we don't need to know that and you're overly self aware about your need to contribute something real.

You fail. FoS.
What is the purpose of
this
post??
In post 113, T-Bone wrote:Well, you DID just bitch me out for something Gamma did, said I failed, and did the ol' hilarious "FOS" thing.

So seriously. You tell me.
In post 123, T-Bone wrote:I would also like to unsubscribe, these latest posts have been terrible and completely missed the forest and the trees. 0/10 would not recommend.
In post 166, T-Bone wrote:
In post 157, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 151, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 147, CheekyTeeky wrote:Are you guys just PLing me for being a VI or do you care to add reasons?
I like wagons. You refused to join mine on brass and used a yucky FoS instead, so I'm joining yours. You have like 3 or 4 votes...why care so much?
Because I can't assess votes I don't get reasons for.
VOTE: northsidegal
In post 184, T-Bone wrote:Be less sensitive on page 6. It'll do you wonders.
In post 190, T-Bone wrote:Let's get some facts straight here. I was trying to start a meme, for the record, since it would have given the game as much meaning as the question you asked GooeyGamma (someone else was supposed to quote me and ask what the post means). Then you quoted me and freaked out.

Then you also made a statement about how you can't assess votes people don't give a reason for. So I quoted that post and voted for a random player.

I don't like it when people post things for the sake of posting. That was like, your entire ISO up to that point. It isn't about you being new, or the fact that I have a green name so I somehow think I am superior to all you plebs (this isn't Team Mafia, after all). It is about content that I perceive to be empty, and thus, I'm going to mock it every single time.

Maybe you did it because you are insecure about your own abilities as a player. Maybe you did it because you are scum and you feel like "this is what town-me should do." I don't know.

At no point did I ever make a judgment about your alignment (or anyone else's for that matter). At no point have I suggested we lynch you.

Be the player you want to be, if you're town I want you to be your best.

At the same time, I think you should have the awareness to let other players be who they are at the moment. Let the game come naturally. Don't be that guy who has to react to everything as some sort of slight against them.
In post 209, T-Bone wrote:Because, either I can say
Maybe you did it because you are insecure about your own abilities as a player. Maybe you did it because you are scum and you feel like "this is what town-me should do."
But voicing the obvious and using it to make a read is the kind of empty thinking that doesn't really help as town. You know, the type of thing I mocked you for. Yeah, it's fucking obvious that you could be town or scum. Just like every other player in the game.

(and I'm not criticizing your playstyle so much as I am voicing my thoughts and explaining why I do the things I do)
In post 219, T-Bone wrote:Did you (Cheeky) just drop a buzzword to describe something I said, because
you
(Cheeky) lost the context of the conversation? A conversation which the context was super clear and easy to follow. Really?
In post 323, T-Bone wrote:
In post 275, CheekyTeeky wrote:Gooey pitch to me why outing crumbs makes sense as a play from scum?
Penguin, what the hell are you allowing to be taught in the newbie queue that this question STILL gets asked in 2018?

SIGH

The answer to ALL questions that ask "why would scum...?" is ALWAYS to make someone ask "why would scum...?"

This is a public service announcement, funded by PepsiCo.
In post 220, CheekyTeeky wrote:Wut? O_o'

Is waffling the buzzword? And I'm cereal about not getting what it is you're getting at. >.<

Hey whilst you're here. What do you make of xRECKONERx determining to vote you EOD? I find it "interesting" that you haven't even flinched or shown curiosity as to why that may be.
If you're legit confused that's fine. Here is the sequence of events. You did some things which I had commented on quite a few times. I then said, "at no point did I ever make a judgment about your alignment". You said, "Why not". And I said "Maybe you did it because you are insecure about your own abilities as a player. Maybe you did it because you are scum and you feel like "this is what town-me should do."" And then I explained that since voice that "you could be scum or town" amounts to empty content, it is not worth exploring...because everyone can be scum or town. And if I'm going to criticize players for empty content either now or in the future, I can't do it myself...because it isn't helpful for me or anyone else to find scum. Does that make sense?

As for Reck, he can do what he wants, it isn't my job to worry about whether someone is going to vote for me or not. It is my job to determine people's alignment and find scum. The statement by itself doesn't move the needle for his alignment to me, so I didn't react to it.

I don't feel that I (or any player, especially if they are also town) need to react to every single thing. It is okay to let other people play the game too.

(please keep in mind I am still not accusing you of anything, I am explaining my thought processes)
In post 323, T-Bone wrote:
In post 275, CheekyTeeky wrote:Gooey pitch to me why outing crumbs makes sense as a play from scum?
Penguin, what the hell are you allowing to be taught in the newbie queue that this question STILL gets asked in 2018?

SIGH

The answer to ALL questions that ask "why would scum...?" is ALWAYS to make someone ask "why would scum...?"

This is a public service announcement, funded by PepsiCo.
In post 220, CheekyTeeky wrote:Wut? O_o'

Is waffling the buzzword? And I'm cereal about not getting what it is you're getting at. >.<

Hey whilst you're here. What do you make of xRECKONERx determining to vote you EOD? I find it "interesting" that you haven't even flinched or shown curiosity as to why that may be.
If you're legit confused that's fine. Here is the sequence of events. You did some things which I had commented on quite a few times. I then said, "at no point did I ever make a judgment about your alignment". You said, "Why not". And I said "Maybe you did it because you are insecure about your own abilities as a player. Maybe you did it because you are scum and you feel like "this is what town-me should do."" And then I explained that since voice that "you could be scum or town" amounts to empty content, it is not worth exploring...because everyone can be scum or town. And if I'm going to criticize players for empty content either now or in the future, I can't do it myself...because it isn't helpful for me or anyone else to find scum. Does that make sense?

As for Reck, he can do what he wants, it isn't my job to worry about whether someone is going to vote for me or not. It is my job to determine people's alignment and find scum. The statement by itself doesn't move the needle for his alignment to me, so I didn't react to it.

I don't feel that I (or any player, especially if they are also town) need to react to every single thing. It is okay to let other people play the game too.

(please keep in mind I am still not accusing you of anything, I am explaining my thought processes)
A complete mess of pushing back and forth on Cheeky that culminates with teh response: 'At no point did I ever make a judgment about your alignment (or anyone else's for that matter). At no point have I suggested we lynch you.' Which begs the question of what exactly was the purpose of TBone's interactions with Cheeky in the first place.

Also not a stance.

He then continues to mock Cheeky without committing to a read either way on her and then feels the need to tell her that he's still not accusing her of anything.
In post 331, T-Bone wrote:
In post 329, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 326, T-Bone wrote:I've literally accused you of none of those things.
...Am I the only one seeing these things? Noone else can see it?
I'm explaining my thought processes and why I do things...but you can do what you want. I assume you have some level of autonomy.
northsidegal wrote:@T-Bone – why are you like only talking about or to Cheeky?
Yeah but I'm voting for you <3

What would you like to talk about?
In post 334, T-Bone wrote:So...you didn't want to talk to me...while criticizing me for only talking to Cheeky. Why is the burden on me to open a dialogue with people? Be the change you want to see.

As for WHY I am talking to her...it is because I am trying to determine her alignment, and I feel out of all the players so far, she has produced the most 'game relevant' content
, and is as good a player to start with as any. Do you feel anyone else has produced more than a post's worth of game relevant content? Because I don't. I feel most players are just floating along, or throwing stuff at a wall to see if anything sticks.

I voted for you because I quoted a post of hers where she said essentially she didn't like votes without an explanation...to which I then voted you without explanation. I picked you randomly (and in fact, you hadn't even checked in). As for why I haven't moved the vote...it isn't harming anyone. Unless you feel pressured by it? In which case I guess it is pulling some unintended utility.
In post 335, T-Bone wrote:Also, when I started engaging with Cheeky I was trying to start a bit where multiple people quote a post adding the question "what is the purpose of this post?" over and over again, but Cheeky immediately responded unfavorably and now here we are, talking about why I was only talking to her.
In post 337, T-Bone wrote:You've effectively made my point, by the way. Thank you.
In post 352, T-Bone wrote:
In post 334, T-Bone wrote: Do you feel anyone else has produced more than a post's worth of game relevant content?
Because I don't.
In post 336, northsidegal wrote:eh, i'm bored and gamma's iso is short, going to do a mathdino-style full iso "lolcase"
nothing game related
totally NAI.
NAI,
still nothing game related
I don't think that's a scumtell in its own right but i don't see why gamma wouldn't just come out and say it or actually just use it to form a read on penguin and mention the tell.
nothing
probably not a sound conclusion but this is a lolcase so -shrug-
don't really like these votes
yeah i don't really feel like continuing this
but you get the gist, not really seeing any sorting or effort at sorting there
Ummm...
northsidegal wrote: 2 Yes, i do disagree, hence my votes.
I know I'm deleting a lot of the post, but yes you make my point that not a lot of game relevant content has happened...but pointing it all out in your lolcase on Gamma.

Yes, I do appreciate that you are throwing stuff at a wall and seeing if it sticks. That is totally fine and I wouldn't usually criticize something like that at this stage of the game. I don't get why you don't appreciate that I would want to spend time on something I feel is productive instead (which is sorting a player who has a lot of serious content)?

By the standard you are trying to impose, would it be fair to point out that my attempt to sort Cheeky is productive for the town (specifically for me)...but your 'lolcase' on Gamma is complete nonsense...by virtue of you handwaving everything you say with "but this is an lolcase"? I think it would be very fair for me to say that I'm doing something productive, and you aren't in these examples.

If you think it is scummy, so be it. But when you say "it is not a debate, I'm just noting a scumtell". Seems like you're inviting a debate to me, and one I am happy to have. Especially if you want to question something you find scummy...while simultaneously doing something scummy AND pointless.
is this your normal philosophy when it comes to voting? just checking.
Totally
Completely
and
Unequivocally
In post 368, T-Bone wrote:
Not saying you did anything scummy. I am having a conversation with you. (you know, the thing I do to try and sort people's alignment)
Claims Cheeky has the most game-relevant content, but once again, no stance.

Admits his North vote was completely random. Ends the conversation with: 'I don't think you did anything scummy,' which begs the question of half his conversation with NSG and once again, not a stance.
In post 374, T-Bone wrote:Vax, have you considered that someone can make a post, and it not be motivated by, or otherwise indicate their alignment?

Have you considered that players can make more than 1 post like this? More than 2? Most of their ISO?

Honestly, mutant has done really only one thing that I would honestly look at and think "what is he trying to accomplish? Is he doing this because he's scum?" And it is far and away not the "i feel like it" comment.
In post 380, T-Bone wrote:
Alright Vax, I do disagree. I don't think he's done anything to really indicate his alignment.
The only thing I might consider is the post where he reacts to Cheeky for pointing out the non-crumbs...but even then I feel that is a stretch.

For reference, I also think players as a whole, do very few things that betray them as scum.
In post 442, T-Bone wrote:
I'm not trying to persuade you that mutant is town. I don't know that he is, and I don't have a strong feeling either way. I'm saying that of all his posts, I think so far almost none of them have to do with his alignment at the moment. And of the one post that might, I could see it as either way.
Responds to Vax and talks about Mutant.

No stance on either.
In post 442, T-Bone wrote:I'm on the same side as Town!Vax so don't take things that I say as an attack. You wanted discussion and I tried to give it to you.
Meh. One stance I guess. Although I'm unsure as to whether he's just continuing it on from the 'probably just a joke' from the beginning of the game or if there's actual reasons for this.
In post 490, T-Bone wrote:
In post 487, Brian Skies wrote:Let's all wagon AA9 before she prod dodges again.
I endorse this service and or product.
Didn't really say anything beyond this and didn't vote her with me.
In post 533, T-Bone wrote:2) At this point, I think you're probably town. O.O
Buries this in a spoiler tag, but doesn't go into why he townreads Cheeky or fight against her lynch in any way.
In post 703, T-Bone wrote:
vote: hyung
In post 709, T-Bone wrote:
In post 706, hyung wrote:
In post 703, T-Bone wrote:
vote: hyung
nope
Well, won't you look at that! I just did!

And it counts!

Do you need another vote count to see?
Eh. I guess this isn't a completely awful vote. But there isn't anything that makes me believe TBone believes this will flip scum.

Also, while I don't want to encourage VC burning, I just feel that scum blatantly going through them would be a completely unclassy move to make.

If I've somehow missed one of TBone's amazing stances this game, enlighten me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:09 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 941, Firebringer wrote:

--------------------

Never lynching:
Gemerald, Vecna
This is ridiculous.
And yet her reads below that line are somewhat consistent with what I remember from her.

The lynchgroup is interesting though. Why are both FB and Reck being scumread?

Why is Gemerald so high?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 941, Firebringer wrote:

Never lynching:
Gemerald, Vecna
This is ridiculous.
Help me see it. You've still yet to explain hyung town to me.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 943, Brian Skies wrote:The lynchgroup is interesting though. Why are both FB and Reck being scumread?
It's a pool, I only get to lynch one. All those flips will allow me to reassess my reads.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 943, Brian Skies wrote:Why is Gemerald so high?
Imo scum gamma isn't this confident/lacking self-awareness.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Brian could you please put large cases in a spoiler with a tl;dr section? I like the case but it makes the thread hard to read.

@Vecna or NSG, can we have a vote count please?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Never lynching:
Gemerald, Vecna
funny how i was town till i started voting for you hmmmmmmm
green shirt thursdays
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 940, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 931, Gamma Emerald wrote:In addition there's some flaws I've spotted in her logic, like her attacking me for not following up on things, which has come up as a point against me before, and I was town then. So her using it now points to her not considering past history and using anything she can to finger me as a suspect.
Is this based on experience you have with her or...?
Yes. Open 714 fyi
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”