Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2975 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2971, Panopticon wrote:And, hey, I put my best casing out there--I'm still of the mind that there's scum in (CheekyTeeky, tchill,
Toranaga
).
I remember this. You only said that something didn't feel right about Toranaga to you.

Can you elaborate on this read of yours or do you not remember or...?
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Panopticon »

T'was my other head that ever townleaned the Maria slot. When the 'guilty' was up, I was all for lynching it. I haven't even read -his- posts, so I only know this because I literally went through my ISO due to you saying it took me awhile to come around her and I recall always having a scumread there, but I also didn't start playing this game until dozens of pages in. I was gonna call you out, but I forgot, oh yeah, I'm hydra'd, so I had to check to see what my other head's position re: maria is. Now that I have, I can see more of the reason why people think that I was scum with Maria, though it still strikes me as poor reasoning if only because I never townread the Maria slot and was more than happy to lynch it.

With tchill and toranga, I don't see their crossvoting as town v town, and, like I said, they're both posting in the way I do when I'm scum. Dude even posted the 'You got me' gif, which I've only ever used as scum.

With Cheeky, there's absolutely no way I see town playing corraling for the guilty that hard. It felt manufactured to me.

-obserVed.
He who is subjected to a field of visibility, and who knows it, becomes the principle of his own subjection.
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Panopticon »

In post 1268, Panopticon wrote:
In post 1261, Toranaga wrote:
In post 1260, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1257, Toranaga wrote:go read the pages, find scum
y r talking to him as if he's town?

I'm not a stupid tunneler and am always cheritable to other players. I don't -know- tchill is scum, so there's no reason for me to talk to him as if I do.
In post 1262, Tchill13 wrote:Lol. That's when Walt admits to being the bad guy in a sarcastic way.

Toranaga if you're actually the bad guy hats off to you for using that gif.
I've fully scumclaimed with gif related before, so, ah, I'm really feeling like there's scum between tortuga and nochill.

-ObserVed

Like the dude outright scumclaimed
smh

-obserVed
He who is subjected to a field of visibility, and who knows it, becomes the principle of his own subjection.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Gorkington »

i feel like
the logic of
"ive done this as scum before"
is no where near as ironclad as youre implying it is.
and theres so much more to tora's ISO than just that one post that i feel like you can be parsing if you think hes scum to try to make your read stronger/push a stronger case on him?
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Gorkington »

In post 2976, Panopticon wrote:With Cheeky, there's absolutely no way I see town playing corraling for the guilty that hard. It felt manufactured to me.
context:
in inventions mafia
chesskid told everyone that elli has a program which he can use to determine metatells for things people exclusively do in their scumgame/towngame.
chesskid used this program to get scum-mastina lynched and effectively destroy the scumteam in that game.
cheeky was in that game.

if cheeky thought that elli was using that program again here, theres no reason to disbelieve the way she pushed it, especially when she literally deflated when she realized that elli wasnt using the program here:
In post 2107, CheekyTeeky wrote:...I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time. I'm going to go die somewhere dark and quiet now.
trash
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2976, Panopticon wrote:With Cheeky, there's absolutely no way I see town playing corraling for the guilty that hard. It felt manufactured to me.
You do realise I was mimicking Chess who happened to be town corralling votes for an elli-tell guilty? It would feel manufactured because it was. Why would scum me bring attention to myself and my buddy when people were largely ignoring Elli's read? Well I guess that's WIFOM but I had previously suspected MariaR so it's not like the push came out of nowhere, I just needed the extra confidence of the "guilty" to push it to confirmed TvS for me.
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Panopticon »

@Gork: I wish I had more points of engagement with Toradora, then, because, like I said, diving the ISO is just gonna result in conf-biased casing from me.
I get the context with Cheeky, I just don't see it as a town play, but whatever.
And I told you, my reasons for scumreading people aren't great--I don't have an ironclad case anywhere, just gut reactions from the few interactions I actually have had in this game.

Anyone who mimics chess should be lynched on the spot anyway.
Also, you said people were widely ignorning Elli's read, but I recall you pulling all that when the wagon was gaining a lot of traction. Am I wrong?

-obserVed
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Panopticon »

Second bit of that is @Cheeky.
Also, anyone who uses a program to unfairly aide them in mafia should be ashamed of themselves. If a player in one of my games claimed to be doing that, I'd legitimately have to talk to them about it because I see it as unfair out of game advantage.

-obserVed
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 2967, the worst wrote:I never expected I'd become a solid state drive but.....I like it. :lol:
Spoiler: It's Over 9,000
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by the worst »

warning: quick may induce seizures
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Gorkington »

i frankly think that tora's iso is pretty town. [and thats really the universal consensus in this game]
im pretty confused as to why youre putting so much weight in a single gif usage.
do you really think its that unlikely that town does that there?

also do you have any towngames as of late where youve expressed this kind of "i dont want to put effort into trying to get people i think are scum lynched/i dont want to isodive and confbias this person as scum" sentiment?
trash
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 2984, the worst wrote:warning: quick may induce seizures
That's why I spoilered it.

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2981, Panopticon wrote:Anyone who mimics chess should be lynched on the spot anyway.
Also, you said people were widely ignorning Elli's read, but I recall you pulling all that when the wagon was gaining a lot of traction. Am I wrong?
Lol I thought Chess should've been lynched too, no I didn't pull all of it because even when I completely embarrassed myself misunderstanding that it was just a read not a programmed guilty - CS's confidence and association hunting still made me feel TvS. I jumped on Srceenplay to help sort him as per Chara's request but it was like sorting a brick wall, my intention was always to lynch Maria and get the 1v1 sorted. I don't see how you came to this assumption?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2389, Brian Skies wrote:The first 80 pages were overrated.

Just meme and inflate your post count and you should be alright.
I know I said this, but I was joking and regret it now.

Please don't do this anymore.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Pan is a better lynch than Screen but I still think GI is the best of all 3.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Panopticon do you guys communicate much in your pt?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2988, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2389, Brian Skies wrote:The first 80 pages were overrated.

Just meme and inflate your post count and you should be alright.
I know I said this, but I was joking and regret it now.

Please don't do this anymore.
ok sorry
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by Panopticon »

In post 2990, CheekyTeeky wrote:Panopticon do you guys communicate much in your pt?
...we don't have a PT, even.
We've been using discord but we don't talk about the game as much as I'd like to.
I mean outside of stuff like
"this game is a fucking shitpost
one, big, mastin wall shitpost"
The only things we've really discussed are T-Chill and Creature, notably.
Tn's behind me on the t-chill scumread and also doesn't understand why that wagon got as big as it did and then completely disappeared.
I'm townreading Creature but Tn feels uncomfortable with how Creature's pretty much a universal townread here.

@Gork: I dunno, I'd really regret being the chump that loses to scum boldface scumclaiming, I guess.
I also haven't played in any games this large lately--I usually have been in smaller games and I'm way more engaged.
I've also been scum in a lot of my recently completed games.
I did feel rather powerless/frustrated in Reckoner's Just Play the Hits game : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75175
That said, even though I did a shit job of casing anyone in that game but Mollie, I was still more on top of it, but you'd still get posts like this:
In post 211, Varsoon wrote:ISO Vote + Mathdino
Read the posts around that

or like
just read the game
wow
-obserVed
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by Panopticon »

Oh actually, that's a lie, we do have a PT for this game, it's got 4 posts in it.
whoops.

-obserVed
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ok well that eases my suspicion somewhat. Your hydra dissonance is probably part of the reason you guys look scummy. Like I found it really hard to believe one of you was right amongst the aftermath of Maria's flip and the other comes in not knowing what's going on. Although I disagree with your reads I feel like your intent in sorting me and you pushing against the grain with your Tor read is less likely to come from scum in your position.

VOTE: Spiffeh

Can you guys help me sort this slot?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

all im saying is if your main point is a gif its probably not a good case.
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Panopticon »

@Cheeky: So... why vote Spiffeh, then?
In post 2995, Tchill13 wrote:all im saying is if your main point is a gif its probably not a good case.
It's more than a gif, it's about a man's pride.

-obserVed
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2996, Panopticon wrote:@Cheeky: So... why vote Spiffeh, then?
In post 2995, Tchill13 wrote:all im saying is if your main point is a gif its probably not a good case.
It's more than a gif, it's about a man's pride.

-obserVed
I felt like his push on you was too opportunistic given the timing of everything. It's annoying me that I keep flip flopping on him so I would appreciate some help clearing his slot si vous plait.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2994, CheekyTeeky wrote:VOTE: Spiffeh
What a crappy vote
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:08 am

Post by Quick »

In post 2998, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2994, CheekyTeeky wrote:VOTE: Spiffeh
What a crappy vote
Just because he is ex-paragon? What shit logic.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”