Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Panopticon »

I'll try to relax, but I still think that there's at least 2 scum on my wagon and I'm more sure of my Hopkirk read than any other read I've got this game.

What's the case v Screenplay, though?

-obserVed
He who is subjected to a field of visibility, and who knows it, becomes the principle of his own subjection.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Gork did you read my case-thing from last page? Tn’s vote progression and completely ignoring Maria makes no sense given his stated “read” on her
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3130, Nero Cain wrote:true, its null though. What do you think of Bins content?
I find his content okay, I have him playing in the town pool at the moment.
In post 3175, Panopticon wrote:I'll try to relax, but I still think that there's at least 2 scum on my wagon and I'm more sure of my Hopkirk read than any other read I've got this game.

What's the case v Screenplay, though?

-obserVed
The snarky answer is 'go look at his ISO' (which actually I think is a pretty valid answer).
But for my end I would say that he is playing in an obstructionist way while claiming he is doing the opposite yet refusing to back up said claims.
He's basically blustering while doing nothing.
Compare/contrast with Grey - who blusters while actively doing the things he's claiming he's doing.

Also, if you have a bugaboo about Hopkirk (well, frankly I'd say double check his play around MariaR because I'm doubting the Hopkirk scum read now) but if you still do, I would note that his uneven application of a tell on me vs. Srceenplay while refusing to even check out Srceenplay's actions should be a decent enough association tell to at least intrigue you into researching the slot more.
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Panopticon »

I'll have to check it out, then.
We've got about 60 hours to go for a lynch, though, and I'm not going to have internet at all tomorrow.
I'm willing to consolidate onto another wagon if need be, but I would really, really prefer one of Hopkirk/Ausuka/Vvulf.
He who is subjected to a field of visibility, and who knows it, becomes the principle of his own subjection.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Gorkington »

In post 3175, Panopticon wrote:but I still think that there's at least 2 scum on my wagon
its entirely possible.
its scum's goal to mislynch people though.
its what their goal is in this game.
getting that upset about it
i) doesnt accomplish anything
ii) makes you easier to push on merits of "this person is just flailing/antitown"
iii) is distracting which is probably letting other players fly under the radar
if youre town just like, take a breather, walk away, think about how its just a game and remember that everyone is just trying to accomplish a wincon here.
spiff wrote:Pan literally votes for someone who is "an annoyance" over someone that is 50/50 scum based on the "slip" that obviously wasn't a slip from above. After this post, there is no read or talk about Maria from this slot ever again. They took the easiest excuse they could find to not vote for Maria, and vote/shade all her potential counter wagons.
give me a little time to dive some varsoon scumgames to see if i can find him doing something like this at any point.
theres just a big part of me thats worried that tn and varsoon are tripping over themselves really hard as town here.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Gorkington »

and elli/chara thinking that too is giving me pause.
trash
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Panop - I would strongly oppose two of those, with Ausuka the only one I could get behind in a 'meh' sort of way.
I'd basically get behind lynching you more excitedly than any of those three, because at least your slot was twigging me earlier.

If you are town, I'd suggest you either present an exciting new case that wows some people, or assess tn or Srceenplay and pick from between them.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3171, Centipede Syndrome wrote:Elli's been busy as i expected. i'm also unexpectedly busy.

also we're both townreading Panopticon from the last time we spoke. Gork's last post has the right direction.
~Chara
Ok we’ll deadline is in like two days so it would be nice to hear who you guys are scumreading based on the Maria scum flip
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Gorkington »

In post 3176, Spiffeh wrote:Gork did you read my case-thing from last page? Tn’s vote progression and completely ignoring Maria makes no sense given his stated “read” on her
im gonna feel dumb as fuck if im letting scumthem off the hook here, but is tn getting frazzled by being pushed by brian and not wanting to lynch maria being more about annoyance with the elli program thing a possible explanation?

@varsoon
, if youre still around, can you give me any examples of towngames where youve gotten this frustrated at being pushed?
3+ games would be an ideal sample for me to peruse.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Gorkington »

im gonna follow my dreams for now
vote: greyICE
trash
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Talk more about that please
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3183, Gorkington wrote:im gonna feel dumb as fuck if im letting scumthem off the hook here, but is tn getting frazzled by being pushed by brian and not wanting to lynch maria being more about annoyance with the elli program thing a possible explanation?
I mean he acknowledges that one of Maria or Centipede is scum so it doesn't look like he's completely dismissing it?
Shad
Shad
Townie
Shad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Shad »

In post 249, Toranaga wrote:
In post 106, beeboy wrote:I think Ausuka's Brian push comes from town.

Come vote scum with me please.
I like this read
In post 344, Toranaga wrote:
In post 342, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 56, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 46, Ausuka wrote:early reads are that creature is town, brian probably is too.
I think I'm being buddied.
Do you have any previous history with Ausuka that would indicate they might buddy you early on as scum?

Because to me this just looks like early reads and jumping to the conclusion that they're buddying you with a not-even-that-hard "Brian is probably town" is kinda weird
it reads as fake paranoia, yes
In post 472, Toranaga wrote:
In post 471, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 457, Toranaga wrote:cheeky you still around?
What's up?
IDK, I think you're town because you haven't been trying to appear towny if that makes sense. and I think my wolfread on screenplay is probably wrong now. and I want someone to bounce reads off of. I actually think... brian looks better than asuka in those early interactions. that townread came out of fucking nowhere, and then turning the knife on brian and shading him for thinking he was being buddied feels illogical and awkward.

gimme something.
In post 480, Toranaga wrote:
In post 96, Ausuka wrote:
In post 94, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: mulch
actually this is boring.
VOTE: brian skies
and now this. I don't like ausuka's progression. calls brian town, brian wonders if he is being pocketed, which is inherently a towny thought to have, and after an interaction in which brian does not appear particularly wolfy ausuka is voting brian? that's something now isn't it. not that I like brian's posts otherwise, but this ausuka progression is wolfy. townreads from nowhere, OMGUSing when convenient. kinda wolfy?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Gorkington »

if i had the time to case him, i would.
it was the second thing on my to-do list today and then i fell asleep for three hours. :')

and i dont think trying to articulate my feelings in a vague sense is going to be productive and i know for a fact that i dont really have the time to do a hard dive on him in the next two days.
i just dont feel like hes town.
and his posts around maria are plausibly buddy interactions.

p-edit: i more mean that like, does it not seem possible that he votes other things in spite of knowing that maria is maybe more likely scum out of unstated spite?
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by Gorkington »

plus look at this delicious wagon spiff.
me, nero and creature.
thats like a town goldmine.
C:
trash
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Ok I normally would be fine with that but we have like 2 days left til deadline (maybe a little more than that idr) so it would be best of those reasons would come sooner rather than later

GreyICE is probably my second choice but Pan is really just the perfect storm of scumminess and I still don't think I'll be convinced enough by anything else to change my vote
Shad
Shad
Townie
Shad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Shad »

In post 462, Toranaga wrote:
In post 396, Quick wrote:OK, I just read the rules and shit..

Don't know why centipede encouraged me to claim. That's Anti-Town. I shouldn't have claimed and that's on me. This is not really a big deal though because I likely would have been lynched D1 anyways, so consider it a double day. Also, I signed up for this game when I should not have, so it's not going to bother me too much to leave the game early.
this just feels incredibly genuine to me.

btw quick what did you claim? I don't think "villager" is a PR/vt claim and you shouldn't consider it as such.
Did my slot actually hard claim or is this cat in the fish tank?
Shad
Shad
Townie
Shad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Shad »

In post 179, Centipede Syndrome wrote:claimclaimclaimclaimclaimclaimclaimclaim
welp

that happened
Shad
Shad
Townie
Shad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Shad »

oh holy shit Tor is UFO?
Shad
Shad
Townie
Shad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Shad »

awwwh yeah this just got spicy
Shad
Shad
Townie
Shad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Shad »

I instantly want to lunch the shit out of him but I should probably start rereading it from the beginning.

Maybe finish a one-time through first.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3191, Shad wrote:Did my slot actually hard claim or is this cat in the fish tank?
:igmeou:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Shad
Shad
Townie
Shad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Shad »

oh he subbed out

My life is empty again
Shad
Shad
Townie
Shad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Shad »

Actually very decent chance he's town if all of this is over the course of 48 hours. I hadn't been watching the clock but assumed it was his content for the entirety of the game so far.
Shad
Shad
Townie
Shad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by Shad »

ok about half way through this I'm about ready to call randomidget conf town and vote whoever UFO was scum reading

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”