Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3132, Bins wrote:
In post 3125, Nero Cain wrote:I kinda hope Pan flips town so I can laugh at you guys for letting Grey slip by. I guess if Pan flips scum then you guys get to do the opposite.
it's funny cause both are town

probably more likely Pan scum then Grey, i'd say
???

I'm not understanding why you felt the need to say the bottom line here if you think they're both town.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:58 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 3279, Gorkington wrote:if the people pushing for a srceen lynch could make a case with points as to why hes scum other than "lol he is" then that would probably help too.
if someone's done that already then apologies (but im pretty sure nobody has)

p-edit: i think side-by-siding a greyTowngame vs a greyScumgame with here would make the tone argument irrelevant.
Well that would mirror the amount of effort and thought Screenplay has put into the game. He just drifts through the game asking questions. I'm not really impressed by the followup on any of them. Now maybe he's just ages behind this game like he claims, it's been a shitfest of spam and stupidity, but I'm fine with the people voting it, and fine with the general wagon.

I'd rather lynch either Hopkirk or Nero Cain, but I can't get people to cooperate with me for an easy scum lynch, so w/e.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3214, Srceenplay wrote:Who vig Maria?
Why did you ask this?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 3087, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 3085, Hopkirk wrote:Yes. The bit you crossed out is why I liked it. I'm not sure you can objectively like tone.
Specifically: Thor's attacking felt kind of nitpicky, already covered MariaR, and sticking to his Quick read seems more town than scum.
Why do you feel that Thor's nitpickiness is more likely to come from scum, but not Srceen's?

Also, I'm starting to get the feeling that your stance on Srceen has to do more with Thor than actually you having an objective read on Srceen (Thor did push both of you).

I also don't think Srceen's tone/attitude was warranted in relation to Thor. Why do you?
A couple of things I didn't like from Thor actually I've realized came from Screen due to how 1304 was formatted. Specifically where Screen says about Thor calling his playstyle anti-town/he can townlead. Thought Thor was trying to use rep there to attacking a null looking player. Turns out that didn't actually happen. I agree the tone from Screen there is bad.

Main reason from Thor (after removing the above) is that Screen isn't really different to multiple other slots that Thor isn't touching, but Screen has at least some good tone. Main difference seems that Screen was an easier push there.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3273, Bins wrote:seriously a

"wow town is so dumb for not following grey is so scum lemme laugh at you guys"

is an awful wagon
holy misrep batman
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Also @Brian: Screen isn’t a hard townread- as shown by him being in the light town section on my readlists. I don’t get why you’re asking so many questions/pushing me to defend him.

@Pan: Most of my reasoning for you isn’t laid out. 1783 is where I started actively disliking you (in-game, not personally). It snowballed from there and I couldn’t be bothered making dozens of posts about what I disliked. Although I thought I did say more than I did. I haven’t really seen any attempt from you to engage with me either, so please don’t try and criticise me for that. 2893 was a rhetorical question yeah since it’s blatant misrepresentation- which I guess you agree with since you quoted a dozen posts contradicting it.
In post 3104, Thor665 wrote:
In post 3082, Hopkirk wrote:So your two issues with me are that
a.) I tunneled people who question me.
and
b.) I townread people who scumread me (Brian and Nero) after launching interactions with them.

That's inconsistent reasoning from here.
I'll agree that's inconsistant...if I'd said both of those things.
Can you quote where I expressed b) at any time? Because I'm pretty sure you're making that up because you're being daft and tunneled.
In post 3082, Hopkirk wrote:Not quoting that because whether Screen answered your question as you'd like isn't relevant to my read on him.
It's relevant to your tunneling making you a hypocrit.
WOuldn't you like to shove in my face that I'm wrong?
I'm literally setting up for you to either prove I'm wrong or to at least ask yourself why you're reading two things very differently (even though now you're having to change tune a bit since I gave you one example - another tunnel proof. Stop being narf.).
In post 3082, Hopkirk wrote:'You look like an opportunistic reactive to me.'
Is not a fully explained case.
So now it's not that I didn't describe the case, it's that I didn't provide examples (the only thing that case is missing) and it's a total drop of your claim that somehow by you responding last I didn't do something.
Do you see the issue here?
Sheep me on Srceen.
Must have been some other people who said B actually. Given you only just said A and B didn't happen, that still leaves the issue of your case being a single unexplained sentance.
You didn't descibe it or explain examples though?

You're right on Screen/you interactions which I misread. Screen's down to neutral to me right now.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Chickadee »

The last few pages don't look good for GreyICE. I also went and read a bit of his early game, and I hate all of it. It reads really fake.

VOTE: GreyICE
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:19 am

Post by GreyICE »

Eh, if Hopkirk is saying that, then screen isn't a buddy.

Vote: Hopkirk
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:20 am

Post by Gorkington »

grey can you talk about what happened with your progression with maria/why you were initially so against the wagon and then considering voting for it?
trash
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 3108, Panopticon wrote:Eat shit, then.

It's clear from Hopkirk's interactions (or lack thereof with us) that his read on us is conjured from fucking thin air and randomly picked from a PoE pool because we're the lowest hanging lynch of the day.

-obserVed
I guess I'm better than I thought at identifying low hanging fruit since nobody else was pushing you when I started.

Interaction is a two way street. You were voting me first backed by saying two other people scumread me. When I voted you, despite your vote being unexplained, you immediately asked for reasons (the way you hadn't provided it). I said how I disliked your votecount and a specific post around when I voted you. You didn't try to interact with me on the scumread at any point. You've only become concerned with interacting with me now that my vote's been joined by others.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3306, Hopkirk wrote:Also @Brian: Screen isn’t a hard townread- as shown by him being in the light town section on my readlists. I don’t get why you’re asking so many questions/pushing me to defend him.
I'm trying to either get you to vote him or convince me that I'm wrong.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:25 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 3309, Gorkington wrote:grey can you talk about what happened with your progression with maria/why you were initially so against the wagon and then considering voting for it?
I thought I was pretty clear. MariaR was scummy, but I'm not going to vote for a wagon when Elli shows up and goes "I have some stupid ass meta tell that I won't be explaining." That's not a way to play mafia, it's just fuckwittery.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3307, Chickadee wrote:The last few pages don't look good for GreyICE. I also went and read a bit of his early game, and I hate all of it. It reads really fake.

^
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3308, GreyICE wrote:Eh, if Hopkirk is saying that, then screen isn't a buddy.

Vote: Hopkirk
?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 3312, GreyICE wrote:
In post 3309, Gorkington wrote:grey can you talk about what happened with your progression with maria/why you were initially so against the wagon and then considering voting for it?
I thought I was pretty clear. MariaR was scummy, but I'm not going to vote for a wagon when Elli shows up and goes "I have some stupid ass meta tell that I won't be explaining." That's not a way to play mafia, it's just fuckwittery.
so, you trust elli to read people correctly, but you didnt want to follow him out of principle of him not going into detail on it?
if you thought maria was scummy on top of what he was saying, isnt that kind of petty/anti wincon? especially to say that you were actively against voting the wagon initially?
trash
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 3125, Nero Cain wrote:I kinda hope Pan flips town so I can laugh at you guys for letting Grey slip by. I guess if Pan flips scum then you guys get to do the opposite.
Any reason's for them being unlikely partners?

Pan's acting angry doesn't help town.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:28 am

Post by GreyICE »

Hopkirk is downshifting for a vote switch to Screenplay. He's pretty flexible, and he knows there's only so many stupid townies in the game (even this one).
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 3313, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3307, Chickadee wrote:The last few pages don't look good for GreyICE. I also went and read a bit of his early game, and I hate all of it. It reads really fake.

^
Is this you trying to point out how scummy I am, or asking for more GreyICE votes? I cant tell.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:31 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 3315, Gorkington wrote:
In post 3312, GreyICE wrote:
so, you trust elli to read people correctly, but you didnt want to follow him out of principle of him not going into detail on it?
if you thought maria was scummy on top of what he was saying, isnt that kind of petty/anti wincon? especially to say that you were actively against voting the wagon initially?
I will never in a thousand years vote for a wagon where the leader of the wagon says it's because of some sekret tell and actively refuses to ever explain.

This isn't petty, it's common fucking sense. Otherwise this game degrades into a circle jerk of stupidity as no one ever explains anything and we all sit around and look like Epic Mafia. You don't need to be fucking Quick, but literally saying "here's nothing, do what I say" is never gonna happen.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

town getting mad is a thing, like I'm not saying that we should all townread Pan b/c of angry b/c that's easily faked amd scum could still legit be angry. It's null. It is, maybe a good reason that MS should consider handing out pacifiers.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 3210, Srceenplay wrote:I played resistance last night.
Didn't really want to play.
but
I said I'm not looking at my card. Everyone blew me off except one person. He made a big deal about it. I called him out as scum. He was scum.
There's a pretty central mechanic that impossible if you mean what you sound like you mean. Please explain in your next post how you could play resistance without looking at your card.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3318, Chickadee wrote:
In post 3313, Nero Cain wrote:

^
Is this you trying to point out how scummy I am, or asking for more GreyICE votes? I cant tell.
I'm saying that I agree with your reason to vote Grey.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 3321, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 3210, Srceenplay wrote:I played resistance last night.
Didn't really want to play.
but
I said I'm not looking at my card. Everyone blew me off except one person. He made a big deal about it. I called him out as scum. He was scum.
There's a pretty central mechanic that impossible if you mean what you sound like you mean. Please explain in your next post how you could play resistance without looking at your card.
If anyone else tries to answer this then they're lockscum to me.
If it's not answered in Screen's next post I'm switching to a wagon that half of my scumreads support.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3319, GreyICE wrote:I will never in a thousand years vote for a wagon where the leader of the wagon says it's because of some sekret tell and actively refuses to ever explain.

This isn't petty, it's common fucking sense. Otherwise this game degrades into a circle jerk of stupidity as no one ever explains anything and we all sit around and look like Epic Mafia. You don't need to be fucking Quick, but literally saying "here's nothing, do what I say" is never gonna happen.
I'm town and Tchill is prob town too so at the very least your reads are just really bad but if Maria was "scummy" and that wagon was gaining steam and momentum over me/tchill it just feels very hedgy is all. I guess there'd no point in really talking with scum so eh...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”