Micro 789 - Alternating 9p - Mafia wins

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Ankamius »

Hello! Anyone willing to give me a jumping off point to start getting reads from? I should be mostly set after that.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'll go look through now.

In the meantime, I will confirm that I am not a doctor.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

Can I request one person to unvote Lovebird, please? At the very least until I have reasonably strong reads.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

I skimmed from the start of day 2 and got to the end of page 35 and I don't really understand the Love wagon. She looks more town than anybody else right now.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

Is anybody around to discuss reads? I'm done with my day 2 skim and I think I have enough of an impression to have a discussion at the very least.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm in a bit of a rut since I have two somewhat strong reads (Lovebird and GreenLiquid both town) and the rest of the impressions I got don't feel right with them.

I don't think I can get a read on BuJaber until I have enough of a read on the gamestate to be able to fit him somewhere within it. I did see one post that pinged me as scum, but it's not a strong ping and I eventually started filtering out all his walls because they feel like noise after a while.
CheekyTeeky is somewhat similar, but for the opposite reason. There was one thing I noticed that pinged scum about her... but beyond that it's hard to get an impression of disinterested-town or coasting-scum.
Icon is 100% town, even without CCs.
You fit snugly into a class of player that I'm well aware results in a town-lean bias, so I'm taking that read at face value until I either have a better picture of what's going on or I have more concrete things to get reads from in a method that I'm better adept at getting reads from.

Is there any of those three slots you feel strongly about? I can go more into Love too if really needed, but there's not a whole lot of detail I can go into with it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

I've learned over time that generally tells about activity compared to other games is null. It's much more often an engagement tell, which is not easy to quantify as town or scum since there are too many variables that influence it.

I'll go reread your referenced post once I'm back at my desktop.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Ankamius »

Does it fit a larger narrative? The main issue with that idea is that there's been a lot of frustration in general with my slot being empty, which is throwing a lot of people off. Wanting to wait until it's replaced to get an updated set of reads is more understandable since it's been a pretty big point of day two so far.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 996, BlackVoid wrote:I guess BuJaber is the slot I feel the strongest about. He's been leading the discussion and gamesolving. The biggest thing that sticks out to me are the twists and turns in his reads. For instance there was no reason to push back on Iconeum in when he was pushing elsewhere and Iconeum was townreading him. He's pushing in too many directions and potentially antagonizing many players.

Can you go more into your Lovebird townread?
---
In post 699, Lovebird wrote:
In post 674, BuJaber wrote:If NM had answered my questions with anything other than 'maybe' I probably would have unvoted. I tried to squeeze something out of him. He's too hard to sort with his playstyle and my gut told me scum this game. The fact that cheeky was so sure gives me pause. You know what let's shoot cheely first. I think GL was too inactive. He can't be partners with another lurker.
Why do you feel the need to justify yourself for the lynch here? Before anyone said anything about it?
In post 704, Lovebird wrote:Don't really think cheeky is scum. GL's point on the defending NM makes sense. Don't understand why scum does that.
These two posts are the main reason that townread started upon my initial read. I found three points of interest up to that point and she honed in on two of them in that set of posts; the conclusions weren't the same, but it's enough to indicate that we're on a similar wavelength.

BuJaber pinged me for the dissonance between wanting to push Cheeky yet blatantly giving himself an out onto GreenLiquid instead. Love's point here is saying essentially the same thing but in a different context.
The basis behind the GreenLiquid read came from the same post she referenced, albeit only a part of the post that swayed me.

Beyond that? I don't get that slimy feel that scum usually have when they're in trouble from her. I can generally follow what she's thinking and it makes sense to me. I'm also not sure why scum would want to wait for a replacement to come in before starting to put in effort, especially since she's looking like the default deadline lynch for the day and there's enough apathy around that it's not very likely things will turn around unless she fights for it. She's been actively responding enough to be able to when she's around, she still has a scumread on my slot at that point to fall back on instead of staying on Icon after it's pretty blatant he's town, and she hasn't really been probing out to find the new big wagon to try to push.

It just doesn't make sense to me why she'd play like this as scum.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 995, BlackVoid wrote:But more than activity, when she did return to the thread, I don't like that she wanted to hold off on re-evaluating her reads until your slot was replaced. CheekyTeeky did this too to a certain extent.
In post 998, BlackVoid wrote:From , I definitely got the impression that the reason for the wait was to see if you were going to cc Iconeum but I could have conflated that some of my discussion with CheekyTeeky.
Ok, are you referring to different posts with these?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

I thought that Lovebird was already town and I've already given my thoughts on her scumreads; it didn't affect my read negatively.

Icon I didn't need to get a read on at all, I'd already determined he's conftown.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Ankamius »

ehhhhh

Cheeky can be town for now too.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

Oh right, this is a micro.

That leaves BuJaber and BlackVoid for right now out of PoE.

Uggggggggh walls
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1017, BlackVoid wrote:How did you reach that conclusion based off of her last few posts?
The tone shift feels genuine.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

Take a look at her overall outlook on this page compared to the last several. You'll see what I mean.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1024 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Ankamius »

She's suddenly motivated to do work when she wasn't before.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm saying that getting townreads has been a lot easier than getting scumreads, yes.

Whether that means I'm patching the game back together or embarrassing myself is to be determined.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

By the way GL, what do you think about my reasoning for LoveBird being town? I'm aware you already aren't convinced by it but I want to know what you think about it itself.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1028, GreenLiquid wrote:1. Most basically, scum can point out oddities as well as town can, so I don't generally consider observations like that AI unless they're especially good or numerous.
Here's the problem with that: if you were scum knowing that you're in a significant amount of danger of being lynched and you find things to attack, would you point them out and then never reference them again?
2. Lovebird's lack of follow-up after that point fits in perfectly with my D1 scum read of her. She never pushes Bu or votes him or really reacts to him at all other than pointing out some other oddities later in the day. These kinds of 'pop in and go' questions litter her ISO and in my view serve to keep her active without having much of an effect on the game state.
Tbh, this is answered by the same thing. How does this benefit Lovebird-scum? The only way I can rationalize this is if BuJaber is her partner, but that by itself would have to be judged upon a reread of where his head has been today. Even then, why wouldn't BuJaber be using what influence he has to try to push down another slot instead? It's entirely doable with how apathetic the gamestate was up until now.
I agree that Lovebird's lack of opposition or pressure elsewhere while facing down a lynch does feel like a resigned town response, but it also doesn't feel out of line with her play for the rest of the game, so for all I know it could just be coasting rather than resignation.

To me it seems like your view of Lovebird is colored somewhat by the fact that you started reviewing from start of D2. Lovebird was significantly scummier in D1 -- if I had only her D2 to go by, I'd likely be reading her null at worst. When I consider her play as a whole, however, I don't see anything that counters my impression from D1.
Has her play changed at all when she started gaining suspicion? You mentioned that her play under pressure has been the same as the rest of her play this game. If anything, doesn't that indicate that she's not having a self-preservation instinct kicking in?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You all need to chill out until I'm back.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm following along roughly, but I'll be a bit before I can go into depth.

VOTE: BuJaber

Most confident on this by far.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1156, Iconeum wrote:
In post 1149, Ankamius wrote:I'm following along roughly, but I'll be a bit before I can go into depth.

I think ur scum that made a mistake by clearing too many players in your catchup.

Buj is literally the only one you can vote here. You don't even bother to post reasons except 'confidence'.
Um

You realize I've had no time to adjust my reads to BV being cop, right?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

Well BuJaber is slightly less scum for going back on the love/me team read.

Anyways, this is my last post until I'm off work. Chill with the posts, seriously.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1179 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

Love/me is insane, Icon.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1030, GreenLiquid wrote:
In post 1029, Ankamius wrote: Here's the problem with that: if you were scum knowing that you're in a significant amount of danger of being lynched and you find things to attack, would you point them out and then never reference them again?
I don't see why Lovebird would have felt under considerable pressure at . Scum can benefit from shading a slot without taking a stand on it, so I don't see why poking at Bu and then leaving would be town-indicative.

You're right that in the event on a Bu/Love team, it doesn't seem likely that Bu would be content to leave Love like this without applying pressure elsewhere, but I'm not convinced that scum!Love in this state would
necessarily
start going all out to defend herself. This is partly why Cheeky's shift over the past couple of pages is worrying me a little.
In post 1029, Ankamius wrote: Has her play changed at all when she started gaining suspicion? You mentioned that her play under pressure has been the same as the rest of her play this game. If anything, doesn't that indicate that she's not having a self-preservation instinct kicking in?
No, I don't think her play changed much after facing suspicion. I feel like she might be the kind of player who doesn't come out swinging even under lynch pressure -- though, unfortunately, I didn't find any scum games in her history where she was facing down a lynch so I can't really argue for or against this from a meta standpoint. If I had to put it succinctly, Lovebird seems like a player more likely to respond to pressure with incredulity and light sarcasm instead of a lengthy rebuttal. You can see this in her ISO in a few places shortly after people pressure her or cast doubt on her.
Ok, these answers are acceptable. Let's shift gears a bit and go a different route: You mentioned before that she was significantly more scummy in day one. What were the top 1-2 points that indicate this?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1031, Iconeum wrote:
In post 999, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 988, Ankamius wrote:I skimmed from the start of day 2 and got to the end of page 35 and I don't really understand the Love wagon. She looks more town than anybody else right now.
Hi thanks for replacing. Could you please go over your town read of love so others can see it?
This question from Cheeky is really townie. I cannot see why scum would ever bother to ask that.
That question is actually NAI. It's inevitably going to be asked by
somebody
, so there's not a whole lot of point either way outside of starting a dialogue as town or setting up the way to pocket me as scum.
In post 1005, Ankamius wrote:I thought that Lovebird was already town and I've already given my thoughts on her scumreads; it didn't affect my read negatively.

Icon I didn't need to get a read on at all, I'd already determined he's conftown.
Please give us your towncase for me as well, because I was about to be lynched before claiming. Most were scumreading me. What did you see?
Nothing. I was asked about the doc claim before I started reading anything and glanced at that same page enough to know it was genuine. It doesn't take much logic from there to get to conftown.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1043, BuJaber wrote:Considering korina and ank's play if love is town that slot is so obv scum it's rediculous.
I want to know in what universe does this make any sense whatsoever, because this looks like it got pulled squarely out of your ass.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1045, BuJaber wrote:Actually go ahead lynch me. Let's see how you avoid getting lynched after that. I'd love to see that oscar winning performance.

The ank replacement looks awfully similar to the way cheeky replaced in too. Replace in, post a lot, defend the leading wagon, scumread the person leading the wagon.
I posted what my one issue with your play up to that point was and outright stated that I was PoEing you because of the amount of townreads afterwards. Neither was addressed by you, nor why that sequence of events would indicate scum over town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1067, BlackVoid wrote:Yeah, fact 2 was part of the reason as well. I wanted to maximize the time we have. What do you think of the way Ankamius townread Lovebird. I've been trying to understand his read but really can't figure out why he's townreading her and it's really vague. Both his Lovebird and Cheeky townreads are vague and the latter actually came at a point when Cheeky made her scummiest posts.
A lot of my reads appear that way because I motivation/tone-read.

The question I want to ask you now is what this indicates for me as scum, I'm specifically talking about why I would potentially close off a vote possibility on the one that is down in the worst case scenario that the other is my partner. Even if it's optimal to try to lynch off of that, the situation is perilous enough without adding extra complications.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (isolation #29) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1120, BuJaber wrote:All I know is I'm town.

If you need convincing re read my posts after the doc claim with the knowledge that I am VT baiting scum into killing me while I thought cop claim was a bad move. And then see how I instantly don't counter claim when I understood void's point.

Look at my posts pre NM hammer. Look at me stubbornly arguing against you, against love, against cheeky, against void, against NM, against GL.

Didn't really go against rask much but he was townreading me before he got lynched. I wouldn't NK him.

That leaves lurker slot Ank. And that is why if love flips town he is auto lynch first. Then y'all decide either me or cheeky if we're both alive.
And if love flips scum I'm cleared.

Pedit - I'm getting paranoid that it is but love flipping town is whay gurantees cheeky/ank that is why love has to be lynched first.
I've read this post 3-4 times and I still have no idea what this is trying to say.

The best interpretation I have is that I'm the next lynch upon Love-town because... BuJaber didn't argue against my slot on day one? ...What?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1133, BuJaber wrote:Love flip sorts Ank.

I need to adjust the lynch order if love is scum it should actually be cheeky then GL then Ank.

You see if love flips town Ank is 100% scum, with cheeky being the most obvious partner.

If love flips scum it doesn't fit that korina slot was bussing. It also doesn't explain why Ank went against the korina read of love. Korina came in wanting to lynch love hard. Ank comes in pretty much conftowning love. This is sloppy play if love is her partner. Therefore love =/= ank.

So that raises the question is there a chance both love and Ank are town? That would mean Ank is so sure of love town based on what exactly? And it would meam that GL and cheeky are literally the scumteam.
Well then why would cheeky be worried about lylo with me and GL? So no. That can't be the team. GL is pretty much conftown at this point.
I don't understand this post at all.

First of all, why would you reach the conclusion that cheeky is genuinely worried instead of at least humoring that it's fake?
Second of all, what exactly are you referring to by 'GL is pretty much conftown at this point'?

This entire post reeks of fake analysis to fit a narrative.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1140, CheekyTeeky wrote:Can you just stop being dumb and realise it's a 1v1 with me and Bu today. I'm fine with it if you don't believe me but you can't vote Love because that mean Bu wins at LyLo tomorrow. He has hard pocketed you Ico, and if I'm right that the team is Bu/Ank then they will have enough votes with yours to win. So please do me a favour and vote for me so that he doesn't have me as the mislynch to win tomorrow.
After this post, I'm starting to wonder if it's not a Cheeky/BuJaber scumteam.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1154, Iconeum wrote:
In post 992, Ankamius wrote:I'm in a bit of a rut since I have two somewhat strong reads (Lovebird and GreenLiquid both town) and the rest of the impressions I got don't feel right with them.

I don't think I can get a read on BuJaber until I have enough of a read on the gamestate to be able to fit him somewhere within it. I did see one post that pinged me as scum, but it's not a strong ping and I eventually started filtering out all his walls because they feel like noise after a while.
CheekyTeeky is somewhat similar, but for the opposite reason. There was one thing I noticed that pinged scum about her... but beyond that it's hard to get an impression of disinterested-town or coasting-scum.
You fit snugly into a class of player that I'm well aware results in a town-lean bias, so I'm taking that read at face value until I either have a better picture of what's going on or I have more concrete things to get reads from in a method that I'm better adept at getting reads from.

Is there any of those three slots you feel strongly about? I can go more into Love too if really needed, but there's not a whole lot of detail I can go into with it.
Let's see what we have here.
I'm gonna assume you put yourself as town, together with Love and Green. Later in the post I am a conftown, but I'm not in your townreads.

That's 4 out of 7 players town. No mention of Blackvoid, but with the copclaim I doubt you will scumread him.
So 5 out of 7 town. That means you have NO choice but to put your scumread in Buj and Cheeky as a team.

That also means you think the last 5 or so pages are scum v scum? Right?
First, I don't have you directly in my townreads because I don't town read your play, I townread your claim.

Second of all, what makes you so sure that it can't be SvS?

BuJaber has his plan set already for a win assuming Lovebird gets lynched (which is still likely at that stage). He doesn't need to do anything more than that since all he needs is to drown everyone else like he's been doing today.
Cheeky's plan is win-win in the sense that either nobody takes her seriously (very likely) and it's a huge distancing act that will probably be shelved tomorrow so she can help lynch me, or she
is
taken seriously (very unlikely) and she sacrifices herself to put BuJaber into a much better spot to win despite needing an extra day.

It's not farfetched if you really think about the why and how it fits with BuJaber's play the past several pages.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1149, Ankamius wrote:I'm following along roughly, but I'll be a bit before I can go into depth.

I think ur scum that made a mistake by clearing too many players in your catchup.

Buj is literally the only one you can vote here. You don't even bother to post reasons except 'confidence'.
I was at work.

EDIT: She please, BlackVoid. I've noticed that a couple people have been referring to both myself and Cheeky as he throughout the last several pages as well; I understand that it's more difficult in more tense parts of the game, but please be careful about pronouns.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1199 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1178, Ankamius wrote:Well BuJaber is slightly less scum for going back on the
love/me team read

Anyways, this is my last post until I'm off work. Chill with the posts, seriously.
I was actually referring to the love-town me-scum thing, but it looks like I misunderstood it anyways.

This is why you don't post at work.
In post 1183, Iconeum wrote:
In post 1178, Ankamius wrote:Well BuJaber is slightly less scum for going back on the love/me team read.

What's the opposite of OMGUS? regarding the first part

Why would we chill? Deadline fast approaching, finally some good discussion and you are trying to stop that??
I'm mainly wanting BuJaber to chill the hell out because he's been posting the same post in different forms for the past 5-6 pages. Basically, no it's not really that good of a discussion considering we hadn't had one of the conftowns on until now, two of the high-PoI slots (Love+me) were not around, and the top non-conftown townread slot (GreenLiquid) isn't around either.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1200 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm caught up.

I'm not 100% set on BuJaber/Cheekyteeky but it's much more likely than either being scum with Lovebird for me. I'm satisfied with GreenLiquid from our 1v1 and am mainly waiting to see if he can provide anything that might change things.

BuJaber is like 99% scum, though.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1204 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1201, BlackVoid wrote:So, what happened to your townread on CheekyTeeky for - what was it? Tonal shifting patterns?
In post 1202, BlackVoid wrote:A townread of yours (CheekyTeeky) launches into a tunnel of your only scumread. It seems like an unusual reaction from you to conclude that are probably partners instead of it strengthening your Cheeky townread.
In post 1166, Ankamius wrote:

Um

You realize I've had no time to adjust my reads to BV being cop, right?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (isolation #37) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1203, BlackVoid wrote:Also, why would Cheeky pass up on the Lovebird lynch to tunnel her partner?
Probably because of this post:
In post 992, Ankamius wrote:I'm in a bit of a rut since I have two somewhat strong reads (Lovebird and GreenLiquid both town) and the rest of the impressions I got don't feel right with them.

Suddenly have a useless slot get replaced with someone who's looking like they're on a trajectory to putting two and two together on who the scumteam is as well as hard defending the designated mislynch of the day is very dangerous to them.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1205, BlackVoid wrote:There is no need to quote your previous posts. I read them all. I was asking for more detail and less vagueness. So, you had your POE down to me and BuJaber. I claimed. So, it's just BuJaber. His partner from your POV could be GL, Lovebird, or CheekyTeeky. You were townreading them all. Why was Cheeky the one you bring up as a potential partner as opposed to say GreenLiquid?
Because under a Cheeky+BuJaber scumteam light, the sudden motivation increase I townread before also makes sense as panic and realization that she needed to start damage control before I gained too much influence over town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (isolation #39) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Ankamius »

I had at least one question for you too, please answer or at least consider it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (isolation #40) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1209, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 1207, Ankamius wrote:Because under a Cheeky+BuJaber scumteam light, the sudden motivation increase I townread before also makes sense as panic and realization that she needed to start damage control before I gained too much influence over town.
If she was worried about that, she'd go after you, not me.
Go after me with what? There was no ammo on me at that time, so it would have to be based on my slot lurking, which would look incredibly fake. Even worse is the possibility that I pick up on why she's switching to me and immediately turn my iffy-maybe-scummish read into a full strong scumread.
In post 1210, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 1191, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1067, BlackVoid wrote:Yeah, fact 2 was part of the reason as well. I wanted to maximize the time we have. What do you think of the way Ankamius townread Lovebird. I've been trying to understand his read but really can't figure out why he's townreading her and it's really vague. Both his Lovebird and Cheeky townreads are vague and the latter actually came at a point when Cheeky made her scummiest posts.
A lot of my reads appear that way because I motivation/tone-read.

The question I want to ask you now is what this indicates for me as scum, I'm specifically talking about why I would potentially close off a vote possibility on the one that is down in the worst case scenario that the other is my partner. Even if it's optimal to try to lynch off of that, the situation is perilous enough without adding extra complications.
I don't understand the question but I'm guessing that you are asking me why if you are scum, you would close off the possibility of voting CheekyTeeky?

I found your post scummy because it seemed like you saw Cheeky make a hard push on me and decided to buddy her while scumreading me to get her on your side. This because I explained my logic for townreading Iconeum and challenged Cheeky to refute. She never was able to. In fact, she dismissed it as "blah blah" logic while continuing to scumread me for townreading Iconeum "too soon." Townreading her based off of her posts on that page didn't make any sense unless you were looking at her posts very superficially. I don't definitively rule out you/Cheeky team though.
I told you in that post you quoted, I motivation/tone-read, so I don't pay too much attention to what exactly is being said. I look at
why
it's being said. I told you just before in 1207 that I was townreading the sudden motivation jump.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1230 (isolation #41) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

You realize that lynching me isn't exactly a good idea in your shoes, right Cheeky?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (isolation #42) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Idk

I'm not really sure how to stop town from losing this game, honestly. Just the fact that both conftown now are scumreading me for really bizarre reasons is about enough to destroy any chance I have to influence a BuJaber lynch.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (isolation #43) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

As annoying as this is, lynching Love might be the only chance for a town win despite being a likely town lynch.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (isolation #44) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm trying to find an out by... pushing my scum partner?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (isolation #45) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Oh my god.

Does nobody here look at why people do things?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1239, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 1233, Ankamius wrote:As annoying as this is, lynching Love might be the only chance for a town win despite being a likely town lynch.
How does lynching townie increase the chances of a town win? You'll still be alive and suspected tomorrow. BuJaber tried to set it up as you getting lynched on a Lovebird townflip.
Because there's only two people willing to vote for BuJaber today, there is no time to sway people, and if nothing happens, I will be lynched today and BuJaber will be home free to coast to an easy endgame.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (isolation #47) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1200, Ankamius wrote:I'm caught up.

I'm not 100% set on BuJaber/Cheekyteeky but it's much more likely than either being scum with Lovebird for me. I'm satisfied with GreenLiquid from our 1v1 and am mainly waiting to see if he can provide anything that might change things.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1244 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

That was originally to prove I'm willing to have my mind changed on the team, but that answers the question too.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1245, BlackVoid wrote:That's not an explanation. I assume you are talking about , , and . What about those posts did you find to be townie?
You're not going to be satisfied with it, it's the same type of reasoning as before; the rebuttal felt like it came through naturally rather than reasoning forced into the conclusion.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Shrug

UNVOTE: BuJaber
VOTE: Lovebird
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1255 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I've already explained it, BlackVoid.

I'm going to avoid turning into asshole-Ank and just leave the game here for today. If I happen to be still alive tomorrow, we'll see where things are at.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1262 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Alright, I'm going to make one last post just to put into perspective why this game has been immensely frustrating for me:
In post 1200, Ankamius wrote:I'm caught up.

In post 1232, Ankamius wrote:Idk

I'm not really sure how to stop town from losing this game, honestly. Just the fact that both conftown now are scumreading me for really bizarre reasons is about enough to destroy any chance I have to influence a BuJaber lynch.
In post 1233, Ankamius wrote:As annoying as this is, lynching Love might be the only chance for a town win despite being a likely town lynch.
In post 1240, Ankamius wrote:
How does lynching townie increase the chances of a town win? You'll still be alive and suspected tomorrow. BuJaber tried to set it up as you getting lynched on a Lovebird townflip.
Because there's only two people willing to vote for BuJaber today, there is no time to sway people, and if nothing happens, I will be lynched today and BuJaber will be home free to coast to an easy endgame.
Just look at these four posts for a moment.

1. I have a strong scumread on BuJaber, Cheeky is the most likely partner, I'm townreading GreenLiquid, and Lovebird is a lowish probability scum but still possible.
2. Complaining that I don't have influence to help get BuJaber lynched.
3. Thinking that Lovebird being lynched will be the only way to potentially lynch BuJaber
4. Explaining that only 2 people are willing to vote BuJaber, there isn't time in the day to acquire more, and that the amount of people willing will decrease unless something happens.

Put those together, what do you get?

I have a scumread on BuJaber, but I don't have enough influence to effectively push for a lynch on him. I realize trying to get influence or to push anyways will be futile since there isn't enough time for it and it's more likely that people will want to consolidate, so I look for a way to potentially make it possible tomorrow and come to the conclusion that lynching Lovebird is the only reasonable way it can be done. Lynching a read I find more likely to be town than not is worth the gamble that we might get a scum that I don't see how we would lynch otherwise.

All of these posts are within half a page of each other except for the one containing my reads.

I assume that the pieces can be put together pretty easily just from reading my posts, but then I get responses like this:
This is frustrating because like 80-90% of the questions I've been asked in the past ten pages fall under this trap. I haven't gotten the impression that you've been taking in what I say and trying to build a more complete picture of what I'm thinking, so of course I'm going to start repeating myself and be less willing to want to share my thoughts over time. This is only the latest time you've done this and Icon has been doing the same thing with the townread on him thing after I literally spelled out where it came from.

So go ahead and think whatever of what you believe I'm doing, but I'm going to sit here and watch town throw the game away by giving scum a free pass to the end of the game because I honestly don't see how it's possible to prevent that if this fundamental of a communication flaw is going to effectively silence me for the rest of the game.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Ankamius »

And that's my attempt to be productive with it. I apologize if I've made it sound malicious.

Anyway, see you day three or after the game ends. Good night.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (isolation #54) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:32 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The last few pages were enlightening.

Now I'm 100% sure town is lost, just lynch me so I can stop worrying about it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (isolation #56) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

And none of them are scum.

Funny how that works, isn'ti t.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (isolation #57) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I told you the last few pages were enlightening, didn't I?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (isolation #58) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

GreenLiquid.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (isolation #59) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Post by Ankamius »

No, I'm town. Like I've been saying all along.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1341 (isolation #60) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:58 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Nice gambit though.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (isolation #61) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Post by Ankamius »

No. I'm town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1359 (isolation #62) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Cheeky is blatant town.

That means everyone needs to reset and come into tomorrow fresh. You've all been victim to extreme bias all day.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1360 (isolation #63) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Anyway, I'm at work now so I'll stop.

Good luck
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1381 (isolation #64) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

Guys

Stop thinking of things in terms of teams. Focus on individual reads.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (isolation #65) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

Focus on associatives once you know for a fact who scum is.

BuJaber is scum by play.
GreenLiquid is scum for his fake catch up analysis.

Do they make sense as a team? I don't care, that's a weak thing to discount scumreads for. I've seen scum get away with insane amounts of scumminess for the dumbest reasons when they get caught by play, don't fall for that here.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (isolation #66) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

Cheeky is blatantly town. Why is this hard to see?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (isolation #67) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1378, CheekyTeeky wrote:NO AMOUNT OF EVIDENCE will make you and especially Ico - TR me. I'm telling you you're trying in the wrong direction for the love of god.
THIS

You two have been so off base today that its insane.

Scum have had a free pass to hop onto the me-wagon today and you two are big reasons for that.

And guess who had a huge scumread on Bu that was sidelined to wagon me because associatives.

GreenLiquid.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1392 (isolation #68) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1388, BlackVoid wrote:I don't know. BuJaber is blatantly town. Why is this hard to see?
Because his posts only look good if upu don't think about them.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (isolation #69) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

I think you're probably wasting your time Cheeky
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1464 (isolation #70) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by Ankamius »

This game is a pretty big lesson in bias.

More tomorrow, I have a lot to say about this game.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (isolation #71) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Buuuuut I will state for the record that I think my experiment in changing my playstyle has failed; I've essentially learned all over again why my style was the way it was in the first place.

Oh well.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (isolation #72) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Last note for tonight, I caught GreenLiquid because he expressed a strong scumread on BuJaber, then threw it away because of associative statistics.

That analysis likely only pinged me (and Cheeky, albeit after prodding to look into it further) because it fit the way the rest of the game was thinking. That was indicator number two that it wasn't a genuine case, as I don't remember seeing that type of thinking from him earlier in the game.

Other than that, GreenLiquid played really well. I was coming around to Love-scum after the continued absence; my townread had actually faded pretty quickly after her wagon fell apart, but I kept that secret because I really wanted to see what she would post when she came back... But then I got so frustrated that I stopped wanting to pursue that.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (isolation #73) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Ankamius »

(associatives are useless without baseline read strength; this is why its usually only useful after one side has flipped)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1482 (isolation #74) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1474, BuJaber wrote:I'm sorry I miscalculated I thought we needed 4 to lynch today so I wanted to see how people vote and then Icon could come in and hammer.

Cheeky now you're saying I'm obvtown?
You had me confused too much I couldn't see you as town.
I knew you couldn't be scum with GL. GL was pretty obvious to me as scum until you started hyperposting in day 2 after ank replaced in. If you notice GL didn't do much to stop the love wagon because he scumread her so couldn't. You and ank derailing the love wagon looked to me like a scumclaim. I didn't think any scum would be defending them and push for other people as much as you (and to some extent ank) did unless love was their buddy. Ank flipped town so you had to be the scum with love.
So I had a choice to lynch love first or you first. I chose you because I figured town!GL would definitely lynch love over me in lylo but if you were alive his tunnel on me might blind him.
Love/GL team was in my mind but I thought that there was no way you would vote for GL at lylo and I would also be inclined to vote for you so what the hell if you are town I wanted to rip the bandaid as soon as possible and end this horrible game.

Can I get an apology now that people know I'm town? Was very frustrating. Day 1 I understand most of you never played with me but by the time we got to ank replacement time I felt I was so obvious.
We would have lynched love according to plan if nobody pushed me.

Sorry if I upset anyone during the heated moments.
Well... I thought I was obvtowning pretty hard too, but I was still getting scumread by most of the playerlist for... frankly, really silly reasons.

The bias you had against Love was the fundamental reason you pinged me so hard. It's not impossible for town to townread your scumreads, and it was very difficult to understand why you were doing what you were doing because you buried all that in walls, all saying very similar things. I see that more often from scum that don't have a case, so they try to force their reads down everyone's throats until it gets pushed through.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1483 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

BlackVoid, here's the thing:

I made an effort to try to reason with you because you were confirmed town and I knew I needed to convince everyone I was town in order for town to have a reasonable shot at winning. I usually don't explain my thoughts to that extent because it doesn't help lynch scum unless I already have a strong influence over the town (in which case I abuse that as much as I can since I've never had a game as town where I have that much influence and live to see daylight two days from then). I play lone wolf when I'm under suspicion and my usual method of scumhunting relies on forcing scum to build the case against them instead of giving them all my cards immediately, which results in them knowing exactly how to deflect it. This is why I don't think the evidence-based playstyle is a very good one; it's good at detecting certain logical faults that someone is making, but it is very weak to scum that keep careful track of that and show their weakness through conviction. That's the type of scum I catch much more easily.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (isolation #76) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Post by Ankamius »

There's also the fact that I am a slow-roll player. I just felt I was on a good vibe this game and knew I would be able to solve the game eventually if I tweak my view of the gamestate enough, I just didn't get enough time to reach the critical moment that Lovebird not coming in and engaging with me was a scumtell and that my vendetta against BuJaber was just as much bias as his case on me was.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (isolation #77) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Thats the thing, BV. I never do that. My brain doesn't function that way.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (isolation #78) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:56 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I thought I made it clear too that I was willing to discuss reads too :/

GL was actually starting to sway me away from that read.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1491 (isolation #79) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1485, BlackVoid wrote:@Ank, it's definitely not unlikely for town to townread scum even if they were universally scumread. I think when you came in townreading Lovebird, a lot of us fell into the trap of assuming that you were either defending your partner or townreading someone you knew to be town and the lynch kinda swayed towards you. I could have definitely spent more time explaining to you why I was scumreading Lovebird. My biggest issue was that I never understood what exactly made you townread her. That coupled with your POE somehow winding up with me and my biggest townread BuJaber being the ones you weren't townreading made me think the reads were fake.

If this was you explaining your thoughts, I don't know what you play like in other games, lol. My biggest problem with was that I was trying to get you to make really in-depth posts with explanations and they just weren't coming no matter what.

I think you are misunderstanding what I mean when I say going with the evidence. I don't mean trying to figure out logical flaws in people's plays because oftentimes town make logical leaps just as much as scum. I just mean weighing the evidence rather than just going with your gut or just because you have a feeling that x might be scum. I think the fact that we only had 48 hours after replacement hurt us because Lovebird avoided the thread during that entire time.
Now that a desktop, I can respond to this more easily.

I'm weird in that I play each faction like they were the other. I play scum very open and put a lot of my thoughts in the thread since I'm trying to avoid attention. I play town closed and very deliberately; I abuse the fact that people don't know my thoughts in order to force them to play into me instead of being able to push back, which generally gives me my strongest reads and is the primary way that I get my lynches pushed through. I've found that when someone pings me and I make a case against them... nobody ever agrees, or even understands them. Furthermore, the scum finds a rebuttal that shuts it down and then it's over, despite me being right. So, I force scum to make a case against themselves and watch as the town slowly (or sometimes rapidly) catch on to what I've done and lynch them.

I've actually done a lot more explanations of where I'm coming from this game than I usually do, but I spread them out because I'm stream-of-conscious and usually figuring out my own thoughts at the same time. It probably has to do with the fact that I got a lot of townreads more easily than scumreads.
In post 1487, BuJaber wrote:I think you had the disadvantage of replacing in late. I really feel some of the things you were saying could not be acceptable by anybody who was here from the start.
I think everybody forgot that I didn't read anything from day 1. I got reads solely from day 2 posts and worked from there.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1492 (isolation #80) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Ankamius »

This isn't why my read on you deteriorated, but I noted at some point that your thoughts were very in-the-moment and had very little outside-motivation holding them together.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”