Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Scioness Sajj »

In post 1534, Mathdino wrote:are we already getting to that part of the game that i don't really want to read

consolidate wagons, people

your options are draynth and scioness, and if you want to have shit reads, oxy

we're not lynching ofrhz because we're vigging him
I could consider lynching UD, I'd probably shoot pintu, if not UD, for his oxy read tbh but those are things that I can't talk about so let's just say my reason is vibes.
but ofrhz is pretty much conf!scum for that self-hammer explanation alone so
In post 1459, Sunshine13 wrote:Scion seems like she's not engaged that much with the game, so scumlean.
This is true, but also not AI for me and five people here should know that.

-----
Has only skimmed past few pages but:
sunshine - I have seen him being sure to have visible progression on my slot, i think he wants to distance himself from me because of that fos-ing triangle - i think that experienced scum player would actually put more effort into a scumread on me if they knew I was town.
skitter - meh I think MD has already engaged her about it. she would lynch me because I have not good enough content but I don't really have that much content to begin with? it feels like she wants to have that scumread on me since I have engaged her on giving me a townlean that I didn't deserve.

I think that's all I have to say.
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Oxy »

Scioness is a terrible, awful, horrible, no-good lynch today.

Please do not let my counter wagon be sajj.
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:28 am

Post by AP »

In post 1548, Mathdino wrote:that would be because you need to have properly formatted votecount settings with updated nightkills and daystarts
in the thread that you're trying to scan
Thank you.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:39 am

Post by AP »

My TR on oxy is wearing out. Both him and Sajj refuse to vote each other. Sajj even avoided the Draynth wagon and went for a new wagon on ofrhz (did I spell that right?)
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Oxy »

Whatever, mates.

I felt bad after that case on ofrhz and tw because it was late, i didn't do it well, and it came off scummy

So I worked my ass of obv!towning to make up for it.

And the one guy who you should really be looking at to read me? He saw it.

My reads are good,

and I'm not one of the, count em, 4 people who have inadvertently claimed VT this game

So if ya'll run me up at this point, that's on you.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1554, Oxy wrote:and I'm not one of the, count em, 4 people who have inadvertently claimed VT this game
*policy bloodlust intensifies*

i wouldn't be surprised if any 1859ers were bluffing to WIFOM their role but yeah the number of slots that have requested to be lynched is ridiculous

you're good with lynching draynth yeah?
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Oxy »

I'm voting him, yeah. He's not my fav.
Oxy
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Oxy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Oxy »

He's a decent lynch - I'm fully retracting that bit about him laying a trap for himself if scum.
If by policy only, not following through on promises cannot be a town!tell
Sunshine13
Sunshine13
Townie
Sunshine13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Sunshine13 »

tbf I am reconsidering my scum read on oxy.

Basically my gut says town while my mind is saying scum. , for example, feels like it comes from town. The frustration is real. However, town shouldn't give a poop about being read as town because they're trying to find scum.

Pedit: what information are we going to get from a Draynth lynch?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Mathdino »

wagon data, easy

someone doesn't have to post a lot in order to be an informationfull lynch

people just need to talk about them a lot

...and it's been 63 fucking pages, everyone's commented on him in some way
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1521, Oxy wrote:This is not true. That was a quickly put together synopsis of my reads, but even here I have draynth listed before Scioness. I gave a much larger read list not much earlier where I explained I was reading scioness more townie than draynth.
I apologize, I forgot that earlier post existed, and only remembered . I need to relook at your interactions with the draynth wagon and thus re-evaluate the draynth wagon in general, but it's going to have to wait till I'm not running on like two hours of sleep.

--
In post 1522, ruru wrote:skitter, how are you reading TW?
Probably town.

How are you reading scioness?

--
In post 1520, Mathdino wrote:Skitter in what universe is Draynth an easier lynch when literally no one is defending scioness
I think that scioness is fairly capable of defending herself and making herself difficult to lynch when she's here.

--
Maybe I'm just really tired but I read this like six times and I can't figure out what it's trying to say, or why it lead to an unvote.

--
In post 1534, Mathdino wrote:your options are draynth and scioness, and
if you want to have shit reads, oxy
So things like the bolded are why I'm having trouble parsing your oxy read, because it seems like you have a fairly decent townread on him, which doesn't really add up with other things I brought up earlier:
In post 1361, skitter30 wrote:You're kinda vague about oxy and you say things like 'he's dropping in [your] townlist (1065); and say scum!him would be buddying you (533) - when ruru points out that he *does* seem to be buddying, you say you'll just re-check his ISO but never really followed through; 'oxy could be the scumread that slipped by you but you want to check {scioness/ud} first' (885)
Your read on him feels kinda malleable and hasn't been consistent. Like you say you're willing to consider scum!oxy when other people are, but keep on townbinning him despite that. I feel like your actions (consistently trying to drive people away from the oxy wagon) doesn't match what you're saying (you're open to considering scum!oxy), and that your reasons for townreading him don't match what he's actually done.

I really, really dislike the quote that says your townread on him dropped as people were voting him.

I'm low-key beginning to wonder if I've read the oxy/math dynamic wrong, and that it isn't scum!oxy buddying town!math, but scum!math pocketing town!oxy.

--
In post 1550, Scioness Sajj wrote:skitter - meh I think MD has already engaged her about it. she would lynch me because I have not good enough content but I don't really have that much content to begin with? it feels like she wants to have that scumread on me since I have engaged her on giving me a townlean that I didn't deserve.
What I was basically looking for was a post like - it's nuanced, and by that I mean it picks up on a small number of fairly subtle details of ofrhz's behavior that I don't think scum would notice in the first place, and uses those details to explain a consistent scumread. That's pretty much the kind of post that I townread you for last time, the one explaining your ruru townread early on. The ofrhz read is also kinda contrary, like you don't really care what other people think about this read and you're going to pursue it cuz you believe in it even if that's not what the gamestate is supporting right now.

This post feels very, very, very similar to me to a lot of posts from last game.

It's enough to take you out of my lynchpool for today, actually.

--
In post 1536, ofrhz wrote:Will Scioness have time to claim if we wagon her
this is actually a pretty gross reaction to that :/

a) You're not really defending yourself, but indicating that you still find her (and thus her case) scummy enough to vote her over

B) Why is your primary concern after she cased you whether or not she'll have time to claim in the next three days? It almost feels like you want to wagon her *to get her claim*, and not necessarily to like lynch scum.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:21 am

Post by ofrhz »

was mostly a case based on misrepping me. She even misrepresented what I did in Newbie 1859.

I will go at it point by point but I would need to sit down and take time to do that. Not to mention it’s very tiring and unfun to engage someone who accuses me of dodging her questions when I didn’t and even blames me for making her post in a way that’s difficult to follow. Like wtf

In , math explicitly said he wants to wagon draynth or Scioness. How was my question not a reasonable follow up to that?
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:41 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Well, I saw the wagons' composition and I still like Oxy's above the others. I would vote ofrhz but I don't like Scioness suggesting to vig me because of my read on Oxy, no sense at all :)
VOTE: Oxy
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:37 am

Post by ruru »

In post 1560, skitter30 wrote:How are you reading scioness?
Very town, especially now
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:06 am

Post by ruru »

I have this problem where I don't like Oxy's reasons for sring ofrhz but I think ofrhz is scummy

And I don't like people's reasons (except skitter and ironically Draynth I guess) for voting Oxy but I think Oxy is scummy

Also Draynth is actually doing nothing except trying not to get lynched

I think my vote is staying on Draynth at the very least until he posts reads other than Oxy
Sunshine13
Sunshine13
Townie
Sunshine13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Sunshine13 »

Of all the lunches we could make today, Draynth’s is the least informative. Is anyone actually scumreading him?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Mathdino »

yes i am are you reading
Sunshine13
Sunshine13
Townie
Sunshine13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Sunshine13 »

Okay then.

On what basis is he your top scumpick.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Mathdino »

i'm not going to answer questions that people can easily find in my ISO by ctrl+Fing the name in question
Sunshine13
Sunshine13
Townie
Sunshine13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Sunshine13 »

I’m computer illiterate summarize for me.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1561, ofrhz wrote: was mostly a case based on misrepping me. She even misrepresented what I did in Newbie 1859.

I will go at it point by point but I would need to sit down and take time to do that. Not to mention it’s very tiring and unfun to engage someone who accuses me of dodging her questions when I didn’t and even blames me for making her post in a way that’s difficult to follow. Like wtf

In , math explicitly said he wants to wagon draynth or Scioness. How was my question not a reasonable follow up to that?
OK, I'll wait for you to respond because I'm not sure I'm seeing her misrepping you.

I read as a followup to scioness's case. Idk, it feels weird to me that that's the primary concern you have over wagoning her, whether or not she'll be able to claim if she's on v/la.

--
In post 1560, skitter30 wrote:I'm low-key beginning to wonder if I've read the oxy/math dynamic wrong, and that it isn't scum!oxy buddying town!math, but scum!math pocketing town!oxy.
@ruru - what do you think of this?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1564, ruru wrote:Also Draynth is actually doing nothing except trying not to get lynched
Thing is that I'm not even sure he's trying that hard to do this.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:20 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1533, Scioness Sajj wrote: ???
Are you telling me that you wanted to hammer yourself out of the game, as town, because you have done something anti-town?
Yes
And
it has nothing to do with the wagon on you and nothing to do with ruru selfvoting few pages ago I bet
. You've just made a joke response (lmao whoops vote me) because you have felt guilty for being bad townie and that bad townie also decided to redeem itself by another anti-town thing to do, that was already mentioned in the thread that it is indeed anti-town thing to do.
No it doesn't.
I think it is comparable, because last time when there was a wagon on you, you had to be talked into by one of your townreads to actually try to defend yourself, at L-1. Here you are prematurely offering to self-hammer that, now after explanation, has nothing to do with... anything? You just felt it was good idea to show us how much of a good townie you are that you'd take responsibility for those bad things you have done. But you aren't even sure if you actually did something wrong.
OK so the flow of conversation was:
1) I said something
2) TW said I should be PL'ed based on that thing I said
3) I ask why?
4) TW explains why
5) I realize I was really dumb (kind of hilariously dumb, ergo the joking that you find suspicious), and it makes sense to me why I should be PL'd
6) TW says maybe the thing I did doesn't deserve to be PL'd and wants to get other people's opinions first
7) I'm kinda confused at this point and leave it as an open-ended discussion for the rest of the game to decide
I honestly think you're coming at me from an angle of "wow they must be scum" and finding reasons to scumread me without thinking of the thought process behind what I posted. If you go back and read how it all went down, my thought process will make more sense.
Not to mention that the selfvote post in itself has a joking vibe to it but you are very seriously defending it.
Yes I was serious when I said I don't mind being PL'ed. That's pretty obvious given that I've been #1 vig shot (and counting) for a while now for mostly policy reasons, and I haven't once pushed back on that. So to scumread me for "pretending to seem so townie" doesn't even make any sense, because I am following through with what I said I would do (that is, let others PL me).

Not really at Scioness but to Math and others out there: I'm not sure why you guys think I'm bluffing about this. I've literally not done one thing to argue against people PL'ing me.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:30 am

Post by ruru »

In post 1570, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1560, skitter30 wrote:I'm low-key beginning to wonder if I've read the oxy/math dynamic wrong, and that it isn't scum!oxy buddying town!math, but scum!math pocketing town!oxy.
@ruru - what do you think of this?
I could kind of see this although I think Md has been more towny as the deadline approaches whereas I would normally expect the opposite if he were scum I guess?

Also do you think Md posts the quote in if he's scum and Oxy is town?

(Also I think buddying is not really scum-indicative for Oxy and I know he thinks highly of Md out of game)
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:32 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1533, Scioness Sajj wrote: 1. Does posting some lose thoughts on page 10 is alignment indicative to you? (it was not a readlist btw, I didn't have one at that time, I still really don't lol)
2. I think you have forgotten to update your read on this or just got your timeline wrong because I have explained to you what I think about Oxy being different but you never commented on it yet you are using it as an argument for your read in 441 and my post explaining Oxy was 500-something.
3. What nuance did you expect from my answers about Oxy being different than in our previous game?
1. Why wouldn't posts, loose thoughts included, on page 10 be alignment indicative? I also think it's entirely too convenient that you don't have a readlist yet, and your top scumread is likely someone who will get shot anyway.
2. In , you quoted my post in and asked for my thought process behind it. Of course I was going to tell you my thought process behind 441!!!! And my thought process in 441 didn't include anything you had written in post#500s because you hadn't written them yet...
My point was that you kinda just threw out that Oxy seems different without trying to figure out why.
3. I would have liked you to elaborate on whether or not he's acting differently because of his alignment

Return to “Completed Open Games”