chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:22 am

Post by chamber »

He did have an opinion. It was just a nuanced one that didn't end with much net positive evaluation of my alignment.

As for eddie, this burden of proof stuff works if you assume I'm trying to convince everyone else to vote for him. I'm not(yet). I'm still trying to evaluate him for myself. In that context my question is fair.
Taking a break from the site.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:25 am

Post by Axelrod »

@Old Man: You've twice said this:
Old Man wrote:Again, I wish to express my opinion that the wagon on Eddie Cane is not necessarily entirely scum (obviously, it can't possibly be, though the fact that I believe it's scum-driven remains)
Old Man wrote:If you may excuse me here, there is nothing "random" about this RVS wagon. My position is that this in a devious concoction of plain bullying as well as scum bandwagoners hopping in for an easy mislynch.
This was the wagon.
6) Eddie Cane - MagnaofIllusion, insanity018, hitogoroshi, Kmd4390, petroleumjelly, chamber
To this point I think you've said you think Chamber is scummy. I think you've also said that Magna and Hito seem town to you. Is that accurate, and what's your feeling about the other people here?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:27 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 142, Pine wrote:MoI - No? You're fantastic when scum, so I don't thoroughly trust my TR of you. Take that as the compliment it is intended.
Because I think you really should be if you are Town. Especially if you respect my scum-game as much as you are indicating here.

I asked you for self-meta before Chamber asked Eddie for his. You reaction to that was pretty markedly different. And I've been perhaps the biggest reason there is still an Eddie wagon extant. Which is a wagon you think is on Town. I'm not sure why you don't think me not moving my vote from him isn't scum taking advantage of a stubborn Town which is how you are portraying Eddie.

In summary - you not scum reading me feels off.

What do you think Fire is scum? This I'm curious about.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Pine »

*shrug* Misreading me is your prerogative.

Fire read is gut approaching soulread. We usually dance around TRing and sheeping each other, but the blatancy of it here feels off to me. The "Let's be Masons" comment especially felt like a prelude to pocketing.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Pine »

It also deserves to be said that I *want* you to be Town. We universally work well together when we're on the same side. But let me back-up and say that my TR on you is derived from our convergent logic thus far.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I think you're both town
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Spoiler:
In post 18, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So should we just lynch between Eddie and Pine who didn’t post in thread but confirmed?

I like Pine so ...

VOTE: Eddie
In post 19, insanity018 wrote:Sounds good!

VOTE: Eddie
town pings
In post 24, Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote Eddie

Hito, Roflcopter is most exciting for me too. It's been a while.
(1)
In post 29, petroleumjelly wrote:The mod already acknowledged that you had confirmed. Why confirm in-thread now?

Vote: Eddie Cane
scum pings
In post 34, chamber wrote:
In post 30, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 20, CooLDoG wrote:
claim: town pgo
Forgot to ask this ...

You are ok with being lynched the day before expected LYLO and thus will be busting tail to lynch scum right Cool? I can’t see you not being with this claim but want crystal clarity from you.
Why did/do you assume he was being serious?
don't get this, because its pretty obviously serious from the post 2 above this and i thought the point of geriatrics was that youre all super :lolserious: and don't fakeclaim.
In post 49, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 48, Pine wrote:This? Pretty unremarkable.
So nothing oddball at all to you of him confirming in thread after Korts had said all confirms are in (signifying he had not read that post) but then said his vote on KMD was not RVS (signifying that he had read KMD's posts to make a "serious" vote)?

Yeah maybe he's joking and all about it not being RVS ... still doesn't explain why he confirmed in thread. Given you confirmed via PM I'd have thought that would have resonated with you as strange since you didn't confirm after Day 1 started.

Also sammies are great as long as they are hot. No junk cold subs for this guy. What are your thoughts on chicken wings?
Just quoting this to say fuck off with "Eddie was the one who opened that door with his childish response to me.", you're talking down to me from your first post where you say you don't like me. It really illuminates how little you think of me when you argue this seriously about my /confirm being serious.
In post 51, chamber wrote:I find your reaction to your wagon to be a little off.
This is a good segway to why KMD is scum (1). Look at TM18. At the beginning of my game people but particularly LLD, Bulba, and T-Bone were all talking down to me - they "could not believe" a player could respect my reads. At the end of TM, the host said I played singularly the out of the tournament. The relevant part is here: https://gyazo.com/15919b28a5faa5e91f27695039bd9830 where KMD changed the tide of the game and people stopped being guzzlers. Its the same thing here, where people don't know me and don't respect me as a player, and town!KMD should have at least pointed out I'm not some newbie or shit. It was obvious to me from pregame that I was gonna get wagoned and/or mislynched at some point this game due to circlejerk, and it wasn't really surprising people managed to find a reason to wagon me before I posted. I would think town!KMD would defend me as a player rather than hopping on the wagon on the newbie, so yes, that's >rand chance of being scum, but its RVS. I was waiting to see if he'd defend people as people kept talking down to me, and he didn't. I would have rathered wait longer to give it more of a chance before saying it but V/LA.

In post 62, chamber wrote:Something can be directed towards someone without it being a question.

Vote: Eddie Cane
And that doesn't necessitate a reply.
In post 64, petroleumjelly wrote:Looking like we should lynch Eddie Cane, Pine, and Axelrod.

I also don't believe CooLDoG's claim, but I'm not terribly interested in the topic right now.
Lol
In post 69, roflcopter wrote:geriatric time waddupppppp

i'm excited to play with me too!

vote: axelrod
this is a better vote than eddie or pine

cooldog bruh if you're a pgo you should have claimed doctor to honeypot the scum
town pings
Eddie – I’ve done the math already chief. Maybe check yours. We’ll be a full two days in and at most have maybe 3.5 pages of content at that point. That takes us to page 4 to 4.5. Remember - most of page 1 is confirms that don’t count as actual content. So expectations at this point are to get to page 10 will be 6 more pages thus around 4 days. And with the weekend upcoming who knows if post rate declines or not. Glad you have time to pop in and empty post.
Threads pick up after RVS, and I said by page 10. Glad you have time to pop in and arrogant post.
Since my vote, he is trying to act tough/uninterested until the bandwagon on him melts away. I see no reason for it to. He is still currently my best guess for scum. His play seems nervous, and he is very obviously trying to wait things out. Even now, instead of contributing, he just posts fluff ("I'm not answering," "I'm waiting... get back to me," "I'm not going to rush...," "the game finally gets interesting").
Chamber shouldn't you be shooting stuff like this down since you metadived me apparently?
The mod already acknowledged that you had confirmed. Why confirm in-thread now?
too fixated
For the record, this is actually the reason why CD is probably telling the truth (or he's bad scum). You can only have two roles in a large normal that aren't on the normal whitelist. So it's a dangerous fakeclaim because Korts might have used both of those non-Normal roles for Town, in which case it's near guaranteed to come down to a 50/50 at some point. Although actually, as I type this, if Korts gives SCUM a non-Normal role it gives them license to fakeclaim one non-Normal role, so this is less strong than I was thinking.
Its a reason, yea. There's better ones but I think you're good enough to read into those.
Can you provide an example of where you've played like you have this game, but were town?
No.
No, that doesn't really clear it up. Why the serious scumread and any reasons for the townreads in 128? Especially the blatant townread on Old Man?
Considering you read 128 enough to respond to it, idk how you missed "I was waiting to see if KMD moved his vote and/or did anything townie without prompting - he didn't. I'll go over him and make a better post later."
Past games cooldog behaves just like this at least I seen him behave this upfront as scum in a past game that she’s ran along time ago.
Link?

Eddie’s 128 does nothing to make me want to move my vote. Look he’s given content now we can get off his back because we need him to save the Town! Except the one bit of content he actually needed to elaborate on was why KMD was a serious vote and look … that didn’t happen. I don’t really care much either way who he wants to call Town with the exception of OldMan who I don’t think looks Town at all.
I'm not the best player in this game, though I'm better than you. :) I said the tldr version and said I'd expand later, so that's a pretty awful angle to push. Not awful as scummy. I think you're town, though if I'm a vig I'll probably shoot you for sanity.

bored

CD is just town. I don't get the Old Man srs, its clearly a gimmick alt look at his fuckin name lmao. I guarantee someone in this game knows who it is and told him to sign up, because the signups were quick asf and what are the odds someone who hasn't been here in so long doesn't remember his PW and checks the site right for the geriatric signups and moreover picks the name "Old Man". His angleshooting with the avi feels genuine though I think its bunk. His catchup and pushes align well and they feel genuine too. Someone finally acknowledges whats happening in 110, and I don't think scum does that.

Kison's 1 post was good. Apparently his RVS vote is also townie lol!oldman. Fire walling = hilarious love u woofers <3, his posts are okay on this page, for fire this is basically the equivalent of uni essays. He trolls a lot more as scum and is very unmotivated, so if he keeps this up its strongly town indicative. I would hear why Pine thinks this is scum too. Roflcopter has few posts too but they're all good townie posts.

I think Tywin's townie in isolation, though if Pine is scum Hito is probably right. Pine probably isn't scum which is nice for read synchrony. Chamber and PJ being pushes at this point align pretty nicely with me. I couldn't say this before, but Pine and I had an ongoing game during this and his posting here felt like he was genuinely trying to sort me. 52 is pretty townie. his attempts to engage me ring genuine from the perspective he was a player who just saw me perform as (pocketed) town. some of his posts kind of felt buddy-y on the surface but i doubt he'd hard buddy me 2 games in a row in immediate succession so i don't read into it. pine is my most hesitant tr but i'm still gonna call him a tr above a lean and he's off the table for a lynch.

{Hito, KMD, Chamber, PJ, Axel} - not town pile.
Chamber, KMD, and PJ are who I'm mostly interested in lynching today. I'm not gonna act like my KMD read makes him 100% scum never lookin back but it wasn't RVS. Ya'll made a big deal of it, not me.

VOTE: Chamber
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:01 am

Post by chamber »

In post 156, Eddie Cane wrote:Chamber shouldn't you be shooting stuff like this down since you metadived me apparently?
I haven't properly metadived you. If I had I wouldn't have asked for an example game. I did read through your isos in the last maybe 5?(also possible I didn't strictly read your last 5, I just skimmed your posted threads for game topics) games you've been in. I saw a pretty stark difference between scum you and town you. Mainly it seems like you don't actually enjoy being scum, and I don't think you are enjoying this game.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Could you show me the games you looked at?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:09 am

Post by CooLDoG »

v/la until the 2nd

I have papers due, and life shit to do. I'll come back with pure fuckibg gold though.
after a wank.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:10 am

Post by chamber »

In post 158, Eddie Cane wrote:Could you show me the games you looked at?
I'd rather see your example first.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:11 am

Oh I get it ... Eddie is just like Mathdino and RC. Well now at least I can calibrate my analysis of his posts through that particular filter. More later ...

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Kison »

In post 94, Old Man wrote:
In post 23, Kison wrote:VOTE: Old Man

Look at that avatar and try to tell me it's not scum.
I strongly agree with this reasoning, this avatar is indeed scum. Kison is town for this.

VOTE: Old Man

On a more serious note, I genuinely am liking this post; there are a few reasons why I picked this avatar, one of which was to garner reactions and as a sort of social experiment to hypothesize if it would result in a policy lynch, or, at the least, a couple of RVS votes. And, those votes would more likely than not come from town, under the theory that scum would not blatantly vote for another player with such obviously flimsy reasoning, in order to keep up some facade of self-preservation.
I see, I see.

UNVOTE: Axelrod

How do you like this one?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Korts »

In post 147, Old Man wrote:Dear Korts, could you please help me fix the broken tags in the above please? Thank you.
Done.

@All: If you need me to fix any tags in multiquote posts, please provide me with the necessary information in PM, identifying the paragraph and giving me a precise change request. Thanks.
scumchat never die
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:34 am

I was set to respond at length to Old Man but then three things happened.

1. Kison gave me an answer as what he thought about Old Man’s clear of him.
2. Eddie posted his content and specifically what he was talking about with KMD.
3. I saw the following …
In post 145, Old Man wrote:And? Do we have a word-limit in this game, or are you perhaps a draconian English teacher who is here to supervise the content of my posting? I comment on what I want to comment on. Who are you to tell me what is needed and what is not needed to be posted?
So needless hyporbole and grandstanding. Tells me all I need to know about the amount of response I feel is necessary. Kison has already shown agreement that your “Kison is Town” is suspect. And now that Eddie has given his thoughts on KMD your “lol 4th on the wagon is scum” is shown to be the very shallow excuse for reasoning like most of the rest of your points there. But I do want to address this …
In post 145, Old Man wrote:I've explained why I decided to use the choice of the word "newbie" to describe Eddie Cane. I'm not sure if you have simply failed to read my explanation of that point, or if you are actually cherry-picking extremely trivial points to enhance your argument against me, which, if is the case, I'd point the finger at you for being scummy.
The conclusion that I am "stage-setting", bluntly put, you are accusing me of regardless if Eddie "turns out to be Town" or scum, is not a good look for you as well.
Bold emphasis added – this is absolutely vital. My point on the issue of you stage setting was pretty clear I think – you’ve been white knighting Eddie since your arrival and I think you were setting the stage to attack pretty much everyone on the wagon upon his flip because you, as scum, know he isn’t your partner. But here you attempting to spin it as staging an attack regardless of alignment? Scummy

With more information from Eddie that seems reasonable (barring input from KMD) I think I’m ready to move my vote –

VOTE: OldMan
In post 145, Old Man wrote:Again, I may be wrong, especially considering you apparently are holding a Don Corleone Scummie, though, I may have heard that Scummies these days are distributed rather generously.

The butthurt is real.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:01 am

In post 153, Pine wrote:*shrug* Misreading me is your prerogative.

Fire read is gut approaching soulread. We usually dance around TRing and sheeping each other, but the blatancy of it here feels off to me. The "Let's be Masons" comment especially felt like a prelude to pocketing.
In post 154, Pine wrote:It also deserves to be said that I *want* you to be Town. We universally work well together when we're on the same side. But let me back-up and say that my TR on you is derived from our convergent logic thus far.
On Firebringer – thanks … if you are indeed Town and are better equipped to read him that would be an asset because generally I want to hang him pretty much every game.

And I agree that I think we are well equipped to Townblock together if we both come to solid Town reads on each other. Which is why I’m questioning you so much. With Eddie’s information drop the biggest stumbling block I had early (what looked like soft defending of him) is for the moment removed so I’m working to move you out of my Null reads if possible.

--

@KMD
– Very interested to hear your response to Eddie’s reasoning on why he thinks you are scum.

Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Old Man »

In post 151, Axelrod wrote:@Old Man: You've twice said this:
Old Man wrote:Again, I wish to express my opinion that the wagon on Eddie Cane is not necessarily entirely scum (obviously, it can't possibly be, though the fact that I believe it's scum-driven remains)
Old Man wrote:If you may excuse me here, there is nothing "random" about this RVS wagon. My position is that this in a devious concoction of plain bullying as well as scum bandwagoners hopping in for an easy mislynch.
This was the wagon.
6) Eddie Cane - MagnaofIllusion, insanity018, hitogoroshi, Kmd4390, petroleumjelly, chamber
To this point I think you've said you think Chamber is scummy. I think you've also said that Magna and Hito seem town to you. Is that accurate, and what's your feeling about the other people here?
Yes, that is accurate. Insanity, Kmd, and petroleumjelly haven't posted anything memorable enough for me to get a reasonably solid read on them yet. However, if there is scum on the wagon, it's a good bet that they can be found hiding there.
In post 156, Eddie Cane wrote:
{Hito, KMD, Chamber, PJ, Axel} - not town pile.
Chamber, KMD, and PJ are who I'm mostly interested in lynching today. I'm not gonna act like my KMD read makes him 100% scum never lookin back but it wasn't RVS. Ya'll made a big deal of it, not me.
Why? Please explain.
In post 162, Kison wrote:
In post 94, Old Man wrote:
In post 23, Kison wrote:VOTE: Old Man

Look at that avatar and try to tell me it's not scum.
I strongly agree with this reasoning, this avatar is indeed scum. Kison is town for this.

On a more serious note, I genuinely am liking this post; there are a few reasons why I picked this avatar, one of which was to garner reactions and as a sort of social experiment to hypothesize if it would result in a policy lynch, or, at the least, a couple of RVS votes. And, those votes would more likely than not come from town, under the theory that scum would not blatantly vote for another player with such obviously flimsy reasoning, in order to keep up some facade of self-preservation.
I see, I see.

UNVOTE: Axelrod

How do you like this one?
We're past the point for jokes like that. Move forward, not backward.
In post 164, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 145, Old Man wrote:And? Do we have a word-limit in this game, or are you perhaps a draconian English teacher who is here to supervise the content of my posting? I comment on what I want to comment on. Who are you to tell me what is needed and what is not needed to be posted?
So needless hyporbole and grandstanding. Tells me all I need to know about the amount of response I feel is necessary. Kison has already shown agreement that your “Kison is Town” is suspect. And now that Eddie has given his thoughts on KMD your “lol 4th on the wagon is scum” is shown to be the very shallow excuse for reasoning like most of the rest of your points there. But I do want to address this …
And? What's scummy about "hyperbole and grandstanding"? Please explain.

Why are you putting words into Kison's mouth? He could still be RVS-ing, or attempting to reaction test. There is no evidence to support that he has "shown agreement" with you. Please, I think you are too full of yourself.
In post 145, Old Man wrote:I've explained why I decided to use the choice of the word "newbie" to describe Eddie Cane. I'm not sure if you have simply failed to read my explanation of that point, or if you are actually cherry-picking extremely trivial points to enhance your argument against me, which, if is the case, I'd point the finger at you for being scummy.
The conclusion that I am "stage-setting", bluntly put, you are accusing me of regardless if Eddie "turns out to be Town" or scum, is not a good look for you as well.
Bold emphasis added – this is absolutely vital. My point on the issue of you stage setting was pretty clear I think – you’ve been white knighting Eddie since your arrival and I think you were setting the stage to attack pretty much everyone on the wagon upon his flip because you, as scum, know he isn’t your partner. But here you attempting to spin it as staging an attack regardless of alignment? Scummy

With more information from Eddie that seems reasonable (barring input from KMD) I think I’m ready to move my vote –

VOTE: OldMan
Yes, I believe I have been making it clear that
you
are spinning me as staging an attack regardless of alignment. What if Eddie Cane flips scum? How does it change your read on me? Judging from the trajectory of your posts, I have strong reason to believe that you are ready to still call me scum, though, you are given the liberty to provide evidence or testimony to rebut this argument. I don't believe that my statements have left room for misinterpretation here. You have contributed absolutely nothing in that paragraph of yours, only clarified my stance.

Why is it scummy? Please explain. You are no longer in the newbie queue here.
In post 145, Old Man wrote:Again, I may be wrong, especially considering you apparently are holding a Don Corleone Scummie, though, I may have heard that Scummies these days are distributed rather generously.
The butthurt is real.
Is this your first Scummie? Well, then congratulations! You deserve it after eight long years of participation and contribution to the site!
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by chamber »

Replace me please.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by Pine »

Hey Old Man.

Be less smug and condescending. If you're so out of touch you don't have any idea who Magna is, you
definitely
need to fuck off of your high horse.

Chamber, don't be a wuss. Stick around. Most of us like playing with you, even when it gets a little adversarial.

Oh, while I'm on the topic, someone (I forget who) challenged me earlier to reconcile my anti-toxicity stance with my sniping at Chamber. The above should suffice as credentials. You can spar with an adversary without it getting personal and petty. I've shot some barbs at Chamber this game, and have been aggressive in defending my positions, but I've got nothing against the guy. If things are getting too real, I'm going to back off and be a bit more amiable. It doesn't change my scumread on him, but it does extend a personal olive branch. Sportsmanship is the opposite of toxicity.

So yeah. Chamber, don't be a wuss. Stick around.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
In post 110, Old Man wrote:Relative to the age of the players in this game, Eddie Cane would be considered a newbie player, with a join date of only 2017. Chamber had made the comment that players joining at even 2010 or 2011 wouldn't be considered "old", which, to me is pompous, if not frankly ludicrous. What would that make Eddie Cane? An infant?

How does this pedantic line of questioning help you or the rest of the town figure out the alignment of myself, or perhaps Eddie Cane? I find it a filler and trivial nitpick. I have written hundreds of words of content; is the definition of this one word the only thing that you have to comment on?

Again, I wish to express my opinion that the wagon on Eddie Cane is not necessarily entirely scum (obviously, it can't possibly be, though the fact that I believe it's scum-driven remains), but it is most certainly frowned upon, if not disgusting. What this appears to me is the prejudiced bullying of a newbie player outside the old-generation clique, that is not only elitist but also exclusionist behavior. The trivial reasoning given as a vote for RVS is sufficient, but the fact that this insignificant discussion about confirmations continues at this point and is marketed as a "serious" push is simply a thinly-veiled policy lynch. I don't know Eddie Cane's alignment but this seems no better than a random lynch, which, going by base probabilities, would net us a scum only 25% of the time.
While Eddie Cane has a "recent" join date, that doesn't make him a 'newbie player.' A cursory search of his posts shows that he actually played on another site (Smogon) before playing here. A "newbie" is generally somebody who has played less than five games of mafia.

The fact that you have "hundreds of words of content" does not mean I want to engage in it all. Your defense of Eddie Cane seemed to be based on the fact that there was a 'fast' wagon on a 'newbie' player; you then implied the wagon on him is 'scum-motivated.'

Your last paragraph here is especially bad. So the Eddie Cane wagon is not only "frowned upon," but "disgusting," "prejudiced bullying," "elitist but also exclusionist," and a "thinly-veiled policy lynch"? I'm not buying what you're selling.

2.)
In post 156, Eddie Cane wrote:This is a good segway to why KMD is scum (1). Look at TM18. At the beginning of my game people but particularly LLD, Bulba, and T-Bone were all talking down to me - they "could not believe" a player could respect my reads. At the end of TM, the host said I played singularly the out of the tournament. The relevant part is here: https://gyazo.com/15919b28a5faa5e91f27695039bd9830 where KMD changed the tide of the game and people stopped being guzzlers. Its the same thing here, where people don't know me and don't respect me as a player, and town!KMD should have at least pointed out I'm not some newbie or shit. It was obvious to me from pregame that I was gonna get wagoned and/or mislynched at some point this game due to circlejerk, and it wasn't really surprising people managed to find a reason to wagon me before I posted. I would think town!KMD would defend me as a player rather than hopping on the wagon on the newbie, so yes, that's >rand chance of being scum, but its RVS. I was waiting to see if he'd defend people as people kept talking down to me, and he didn't. I would have rathered wait longer to give it more of a chance before saying it but V/LA.
Based on the link you provided, in Team Mafia somebody explicitly asked Kmd4390 thought about you as a player, and he gave a response about how he thinks well of you. In other words, Kmd4390 did not go out of his way to defend your play in that game. If that is correct (and it may not be), why would you think he would defend you on pages one/two in this game for reasons not even related to your issues in Team Mafia?

Your defeatist language is noted. You can also cut back on your constant insults.

3.)
Firebringer, why is MagnaofIllusion your preferred vote?

4.)
roflcopter, convince me out of the Eddie Cane wagon.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by roflcopter »

reasons to move your vote off of eddie: just look how scummy old man is being!

unvote
vote: old man

(also mainly that eddie wagon just feels wrong on a gut level)
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:47 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 160, chamber wrote:
In post 158, Eddie Cane wrote:Could you show me the games you looked at?
I'd rather see your example first.
If you stay in the game lemme know, ThinkBig's game is similar snark wise and half my town games I get demotivated at some point its usually certain players annoying me. Do you remember or have logs of our old site chat convos?
In post 161, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Oh I get it ... Eddie is just like Mathdino and RC. Well now at least I can calibrate my analysis of his posts through that particular filter. More later ...
While I'm friendsish with 1 of them, that's insulting as heck :lol: I showed you being the dick first and this is what you came back with? I've thick skin, but I would've liked an apology or acknowledgment or something. This is OOG mostly so don't waste a post replying to it tack it on to your next one.
Why? Please explain.
I talked about PJ, KMD, and Chamber I believe? Hito I don't have a read on but I'm not interested in lynching there today, and Axel has enough town pings it isn't my first choice.
I appreciate this and am considering it a bit, but it feels pretty genuine for me. Also, <redacted> but see the bottom of this post.
Based on the link you provided, in Team Mafia somebody explicitly asked Kmd4390 thought about you as a player, and he gave a response about how he thinks well of you. In other words, Kmd4390 did not go out of his way to defend your play in that game. If that is correct (and it may not be), why would you think he would defend you on pages one/two in this game for reasons not even related to your issues in Team Mafia?
viewtopic.php?t=74686&f=127&st=0&sk=t&s ... er_sort=Go ctrl F KMD for reference - KMD was not actually in that game, so no, they didn't defend me unprompted. However, he does try to engage with me from his first proxy post, and to read deeper I'm Skirt as well as Eddie. And actually, my iso might work for you too Chamber? viewtopic.php?t=74684&f=127&st=0&sk=t&s ... er_sort=Go for more stuff, mostly just to show that even when he scumread me for something my predecessor did (aka undefendable by me) he still engaged with me a ton.

I don't get the Old Man srs, its clearly a gimmick alt look at his fuckin name lmao. I guarantee someone in this game knows who it is and told him to sign up, because the signups were quick asf and what are the odds someone who hasn't been here in so long doesn't remember his PW and checks the site right for the geriatric signups and moreover picks the name "Old Man". His angleshooting with the avi feels genuine though I think its bunk. His catchup and pushes align well and they feel genuine too. Someone finally acknowledges whats happening in 110, and I don't think scum does that.
Old Man voters, any reply to this? Unvoting me (MoI) or tring me (Rofl) and voting my strong TR is a bit of a slap in the face.

Pine, anything to say to my fire stuff? I know you addressed MoI on the last page while I was writing my post.

I'm more comfortable with Insanity town now. It felt like he was the person voting me who was most trying to sort me. Thanks ffery for your meta stuff. Mostly just waiting til monday now.
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:28 am

Post by Old Man »

In post 169, petroleumjelly wrote:
1.)

While Eddie Cane has a "recent" join date, that doesn't make him a 'newbie player.' A cursory search of his posts shows that he actually played on another site (Smogon) before playing here. A "newbie" is generally somebody who has played less than five games of mafia.

The fact that you have "hundreds of words of content" does not mean I want to engage in it all. Your defense of Eddie Cane seemed to be based on the fact that there was a 'fast' wagon on a 'newbie' player; you then implied the wagon on him is 'scum-motivated.'

Your last paragraph here is especially bad. So the Eddie Cane wagon is not only "frowned upon," but "disgusting," "prejudiced bullying," "elitist but also exclusionist," and a "thinly-veiled policy lynch"? I'm not buying what you're selling.
Compared to everyone else, he is a newbie. I'm not referring to "newbie" as in the neophytes who have no idea how to play Mafia in the newbie queue. I have made this very apparent. I mean that Eddie Cane is young to Mafiascum, and it
looks to me that the fast wagon on a player outside of the 'old-player' caste is NOT a mere coincidence
. I do not like it! Have I made myself clear?

I'm here to play mafia, not to find a job in Marketing. You are free to "not buy" what I'm "selling". I have an opinion on the Eddie Cane wagon and I'm making it clear as day.

If you think that this behavior is more likely to come from scum than town, then make your case. If you simply disagree with it, then okay, you are entitled to your own opinion, as am I, but don't pretend that's a valid reason to scumread me when the two are as relevant as apples and oranges.
In post 170, roflcopter wrote:reasons to move your vote off of eddie: just look how scummy old man is being!

unvote
vote: old man

(also mainly that eddie wagon just feels wrong on a gut level)
Why? Please explain.

Yes, the Eddie wagon feels wrong on a gut level.
In post 171, Eddie Cane wrote:
Why? Please explain.
I talked about PJ, KMD, and Chamber I believe? Hito I don't have a read on but I'm not interested in lynching there today, and Axel has enough town pings it isn't my first choice.
I believe you have made brief mentions with regard to PJ, KMD, and Chamber, and I have come to similar conclusions, although probably not through the same way. Could I trouble you for a brief moment to summarize your reads on those three, linking together the evidence to give us a more broad picture of your overall read on them? I've skimmed your Spoiler but they are fragmented and it is difficult to follow your train of thought. It would help me a lot, thank you.
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:34 am

Post by Old Man »

In post 168, Pine wrote:Hey Old Man.

Be less smug and condescending. If you're so out of touch you don't have any idea who Magna is, you
definitely
need to fuck off of your high horse.
I wrote a reply to you, but it got lost. Probably for the better. Briefly, I want to say is: We're all equals here, and should treat each other with respect. Magna started it with his condescending tone, his "butthurt" comment, and I didn't like his tone towards Eddie comparing him to some other players as well. It sounded derogatory and malicious to me.

I get that you may have a great deal of respect for Magna, but it seems to me that you are looking down on me as well, hinted from how I'm supposed to "know who Magna is", while I'm supposed to "fuck off of my high horse". Please cease doing so. I believe it would be a mistake.

Thank you for making efforts to create a sportsmanlike and non-toxic game environment.

--

As well,

Dear Mod, I will be V/LA until May 2nd. Thank you.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:20 am

Post by Pine »

Fair enough, Old Man.

@Eddie: Pass

Act 3, Scene 1 of