Dance of the Title Fairy: Accepting Applications

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5525 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also, was the cool cucumbers the only hydra account on that list there? That's probably why it still has the banner, they took it off our mains. :)
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5526 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:28 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

You may take from us our banner, but you will never take from us our freedom!
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5527 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:29 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5525, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, was the cool cucumbers the only hydra account on that list there? That's probably why it still has the banner, they took it off our mains. :)
nope, there was also Plottin Kittehs, which has it's banner properly removed. However, the banner was NOT removed from its heads! Specifically, malakittens (since the other head, plotinus, has a normal title).

The other hydra that won a scummie had the opposite problem as you.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5528 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 5524, vonflare wrote:should I crosspost this into some sort of scummies thread as well?

pedit: lol
Yes. This certainly deserves a topic elsewhere as well. I'm not sure where would be best though. *shrug* It's a high visibility sort of change. Technically, the decision would be entirely the purview of the Title Fairy, but input from those who *don't* check out this thread would surely be worthwhile.

pedit: Lol, so silly. :) Your list should probably specify the hydra heads though, since it's not a proper list of who this change would have an effect on otherwise. :)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5529 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:33 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5528, Cerberus v666 wrote: Your list should probably specify the hydra heads though
it does actually! for the hydras I could find the heads for, anyway (ploteh kittens). Cucumber didn't have its heads in its sig.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5530 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 5529, vonflare wrote:
In post 5528, Cerberus v666 wrote: Your list should probably specify the hydra heads though
it does actually! for the hydras I could find the heads for, anyway (ploteh kittens). Cucumber didn't have its heads in its sig.
Ohh. :( Sorry. I always sign every post I make in my hydrae, so I never bothered with listing membership in my hydra sigs. :)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5531 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:39 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 5528, Cerberus v666 wrote: Yes. This certainly deserves a topic elsewhere as well. I'm not sure where would be best though. *shrug* It's a high visibility sort of change. Technically, the decision would be entirely the purview of the Title Fairy, but input from those who *don't* check out this thread would surely be worthwhile.
)
I could crosspost it into the scummies judging subforum but no one would see it but us scummies judges so it's not a good place for discussion.

are there any other options? I feel like the title subforum would be the best place for this discussion though

pedit: well, it's convenient you read my post and could identify it for me though. I edited the heads into the original post
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5532 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yeah. :-/ I don't know, I'm not a big "member of the community" generally speaking, so I don't know where people talk. :)

The list might take a bit more work, because I know wgeurts at least has like 2 more scummies. One for the kodak moment, and one for best mechanic or game or something one year, iirc. For Evolution mafia i believe? I might be misremembering.

Still a pretty short list of people who aren't already titled and have multiple scummies. :)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5533 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:43 am

Post by vonflare »

for people with multiple scummies I only included the earliest one they received, since I figure that "Kodak Moment 2012" is more prestigious than "Kodak Moment 2015" for example.

And on the length of the list, you're right that it's a pretty short list considering how long the scummies have been going on. Makes sense, though, that a lot of the people notable enough to receive a scummie is also popular enough to receive a title.
Last edited by vonflare on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5534 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 5533, vonflare wrote:for people with multiple scummies I only included the earliest one they received, since I figure that "Kodak Moment 2012" is more prestigious than "Kodak Moment 2015" for example.

And on the length of the list, you're right that it's a pretty short list considering how long the scummies have been going on.
Ohhh.

My bad. You did specifically say that. :) Dunno if I like that or not. It's a solution, but kinda only if they won the same scummy in multiple years. If it's multiple different scummies, something else seems like it would make more sense, but I don't have an elegant solution in mind. :(
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5535 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:49 am

Post by vonflare »

I couldn't think of one either, so I just went for the first award. I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it, though. Psyche will probably want to weigh in too, so I'm waiting for that.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #5536 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Psyche »

could make a thread in site ideas but fine keep it in here if you want
You can't step in the same river twice.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5537 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:04 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

vonflare asked me to chime in, and I wanted to propose an idea: doing this for only untitled users seems a little unfair to people who already have titles -- what if an extra info field was added to user profiles with a list of their scummies? That way, nobody would be left out, and users with multiple awards would have them all represented.

As for the original proposal, I think it's a nice idea even if it might be kind of weird seeing as nobody really knows me for modding games anymore. I guess it's just a neat nod to people's pasts.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5538 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Mathdino »

Anti-nom any titles involving scummies more than I'd say 2 or 3 years old.

It just doesn't make sense. Something like "Rising Star" is really only applicable to the year in which it was given. A lot of the Kodak Moments aren't really interesting anymore. And Don Corleone probably shouldn't follow your account around for a decade.

I'd definitely accept putting titles for just last year (without the banner), but more than that feels like overload.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5539 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:25 am

Post by vonflare »

I just feel like it's something that should've been done since the first scummies.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5540 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

(I think we should keep track of the scummy history of the people in opposition and support of this, because I think the people supporting it theoretically benefit from the idea.)

O.o
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5541 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by vonflare »

I don't benefit at all and I'm the one doing all the work!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5542 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 5541, vonflare wrote:I don't benefit at all and I'm the one doing all the work!
Oh, and the people opposing already have titles. So they would *never* benefit from this.

Another thing to note. :)
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5543 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Okay, not all of them. Anyways. You get my point. It would be an interesting thing to look at. :) I'm going to leave this thread alone now because I've said more than my fair share already.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #5544 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Doing past scummies as titles would invalidate Vi's title.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5545 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Can we stack titles? Like add a line for each award win?

That would be cool would it not?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5546 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

And if someone already has a title it can be stacked underneath!

Like,

The joke
Your head

It had lines. Just do that :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5547 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 5537, GreenLiquid wrote:vonflare asked me to chime in, and I wanted to propose an idea: doing this for only untitled users seems a little unfair to people who already have titles -- what if an extra info field was added to user profiles with a list of their scummies? That way, nobody would be left out, and users with multiple awards would have them all represented.
As someone who's stumbled into winning awards but feels their title is more representative of who they are as a human piece of filth, I wholeheartedly think this is the best solution.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5548 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like, honestly, I like the format of my

Name
Title

so damn much that I felt like it was just polishing the turd of my corpulent existence when it was all

Name
[FLASHY BANNER ACCOLADE]
Title
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5549 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:58 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 5537, GreenLiquid wrote:vonflare asked me to chime in, and I wanted to propose an idea: doing this for only untitled users seems a little unfair to people who already have titles -- what if an extra info field was added to user profiles with a list of their scummies? That way, nobody would be left out, and users with multiple awards would have them all represented.

As for the original proposal, I think it's a nice idea even if it might be kind of weird seeing as nobody really knows me for modding games anymore. I guess it's just a neat nod to people's pasts.
i agree with this
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget

Return to “Player Titles”