Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5375 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Unvote; Vote: Gamma
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5376 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:48 am

Post by BuJaber »

Ran - gamma claimed he visited brass night 1. Jodax backed him up saying he saw him visit brass.

Everyone was under the impression that elbirn soft claimed he visited gamma. Elbirn died night 1 as a weak role so gamma became a top scum suspect. Shaziro defended him by claiming he shot dunk with his vig, meaning scum probably killed elbirn. Because if elbirn died with his weak role where is the 4th kill?

So basically if gamma is scum he can't be scum if joda and shaz are town.

Mark - might be a playstyle thing since he insists on being town without feeling the need to defend himself which is typically townie but his reads seem off and detached at times. There's a lot of what I consider fluff in his posts but not a lot of committing to reads. He is unvoting now because of ran's rambling which shouldn't convince anyone imo. Plus the religion spreader thing.
But like I told him I think there are several better lynches before I get around to actually voting him.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5377 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I'm saying, Orange scum did not kill N1.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5378 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:52 am

Post by pidgey »

You are remembering it a little wromg thought. Gamma claimed he visited brass after joda mentioned in thread that he had info and that if someone visites an innocent child, would that have guaranteed attention. I dont think you can conclude that gamma has to be town if joda and shaz are town.
-----------------
Sup
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5379 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:53 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 5377, Ranmaru wrote:I'm saying, Orange scum did not kill N1.
......:.

So let me get this straight.

You’re saying that a scum team with Titus no kills? Or are you arguing I am red now?

What
exactly
is your argument? Or are you just spouting shit to keep your scumread?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5380 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Creature

Elbirn Died via role
Dunk SHAZIRO KILL
Varsoon RED KILL

Action Dan

Kokichi SHAZIRO KILL
Nero Cain Orange KILL

LaserGuy

Almost50 Orange KILL
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5381 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:55 am

Post by brassherald »

Why did Orange not kill N1, then?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5382 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 5381, brassherald wrote:Why did Orange not kill N1, then?
Most likely because they weren't able to
yet
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5383 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Otherwise, how else does the mod balance a Vig, and two scum teams?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5384 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:58 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 5378, pidgey wrote:You are remembering it a little wromg thought. Gamma claimed he visited brass after joda mentioned in thread that he had info and that if someone visites an innocent child, would that have guaranteed attention. I dont think you can conclude that gamma has to be town if joda and shaz are town.
Doesn't matter jodax still claimed he saw gamma instead of anyone else.

Unless I guess gamma is scum but told the truth about visiting brass? But what scum role would that be? That makes even less sense
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5385 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:59 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 5379, OnTheMark wrote:What
exactly
is your argument? Or are you just spouting shit to keep your scumread?
I'm saying you might be town here, so I'm just going for Gamma. I've read the tie breaker game, and I know that you have problems with town cohesion. Titus acted weird with Gamma, but maybe I'm wrong and she was just that convinced. So, if you are town, consider Titus's read of Gamma.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5386 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:59 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 5383, Ranmaru wrote:Otherwise, how else does the mod balance a Vig, and two scum teams?
When the vig is an SK that makes it really easy.

Also even if you disagree with that there’s always factional abilities we don’t know about.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5387 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:00 am

Post by BuJaber »

15 v 3 v 3 with one of town being vig seems balanced to me also
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5388 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:02 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 5387, BuJaber wrote:15 v 3 v 3 with one of town being vig seems balanced to me also
Not to me with world congress and an IC and in essence multiple town cops/investigations and red only having a roleblocked to deal with all that so far seems hella weak.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5389 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 692, Varsoon wrote:I think the setup is either: 14-3-3-1 (bulletproof SK, lots of town power, protectives in scum/town), 15-3-3, or 15-2-2-2 or something similar to that.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5390 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:04 am

Post by pidgey »

In post 5384, BuJaber wrote:
In post 5378, pidgey wrote:You are remembering it a little wromg thought. Gamma claimed he visited brass after joda mentioned in thread that he had info and that if someone visites an innocent child, would that have guaranteed attention. I dont think you can conclude that gamma has to be town if joda and shaz are town.
Doesn't matter jodax still claimed he saw gamma instead of anyone else.

Unless I guess gamma is scum but told the truth about visiting brass? But what scum role would that be? That makes even less sense

If gamma was scum, he couldnt lie at that spot of the game, he would have to say the truth. Now, i dont know if he really is scum but i just dont think that chain of events makes him town if the others are town
-----------------
Sup
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5391 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Mark, talk to me on Gamma.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5392 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:06 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 5391, Ranmaru wrote:Mark, talk to me on Gamma.
I think Gamma is town wholeheartedly.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5393 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 5061, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5059, BuJaber wrote:You two don't have any issue with mark pushing for an SK lynch (who is likely town) instead of scum lynch?
I kinda let that slip from my mind, that is pretty ech but I don't really know if math is so blind to his play that he'd make that sort of blunder
In post 5100, Gamma Emerald wrote:That's not a crumb at all? It's just turn of phrase.
In post 5103, Gamma Emerald wrote:Is a bad argument necessarily scummy though?
In post 5113, Gamma Emerald wrote:It's this incessant desire you have to push Mark at every turn that makes you suspicious currently for me
Try to see things from other angles. It could just be that Mark is tinfoiling extremely hard.
In post 5124, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5118, Ranmaru wrote:Gamma, talk to me about Mark. What do you think of Mark not updating his thoughts on other players besides Shaziro? What is your read on him, and his recent push?
I think I've been pretty open about this. I've felt like his incessant pushing is pretty bad. Why do you feel like prodding me about it now and why don't you recall any of my previous statements about Mark?
In post 5160, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5150, brassherald wrote:Screw it, I'm not waiting. Joey told me in the Neighborhood last night that he had commuted Night 2. Therefore, he had not commute on Night 3.

OTM's theory is full of shit.
Say what?! So Joey is nonconsecutive commuter? What does this mean for OTM's role's viability? I feel like it lend's credibility to OTM's claim.
In post 5169, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was the only person he left a clear crumb on, and I don't see him going off the rails.
In post 5181, Gamma Emerald wrote:I keep letting that bit about my watch confirming Elbirn not visiting brass slip my mind for some reason. How could I forget something so important? I am such a fool!
In post 5209, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like I'm starting to trust you abit more here Mark. However I still don't believe Shaz is the best lynch. Even if he is SK I think as stated by others he's backed himself into a corner here. Either he tries to play the long con or hopes the kills don't line up in a way to incriminate him.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5394 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 73, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 49, Titus wrote:The German tanks are not subtle in their implications. The scholars wish to remind them that subtlety is the better form of valor at times. The rashness and impulsivity are not favored traits. If I picked up the implications then I doubt I am the only one that asks why you change your mind so erratically. I will see if I can work with you further without making the implications obvious.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Can we please avoid using words spuriously? Reading walls with no reads or point is very annoying.
I'm trying not to artificially inflate the thread when it's early-game.
In post 52, ActionDan wrote:There is no town motivation for a quote wall on page 2.

Pedit. Same reasoning as titus.
nope. I believe the start of a game is critically important to the rest of it so I'm trying to start it with less posts rather than more
In post 62, Titus wrote:Chara why do you seem so interested in defending Gamma?

I seek to place an embassy in Action Dan's country.
True, why are you defending me so soon Chara? I haven't really posted anything that game-relevant yet.
In post 63, Chara wrote:Titus: i don't care about Gamma. i think Dan's reasoning was bad and brass following him on it worse.
i have noted your spin on the situation.
Okay so I'm essentially the background for this argument, nice, I always wanted to be a background
In post 68, Titus wrote:
In post 63, Chara wrote:Titus: i don't care about Gamma. i think Dan's reasoning was bad and brass following him on it worse.
i have noted your spin on the situation.
Dan's vote ninjaed my post for the same reason. All Gamma did was a filler wall. Does that make him lock scum 4ever? No. But I agree with Dan's approach and you seem paricularly close to Gamma by chainsawing all who don't like gamma. Don't know if it's AI but... :/
I don't think they're chainsawing they seem to just think the idea is bad. If it was someone else they'd very likely take the same stance.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5395 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Gamma's been hard defending you at every turn, and also his actions had slipped his mind, which might be him just defending you on a town flip, making it seem like you two are buddies. His scumplay has improved, and I was the one that helped him improve it. This is why his play has read as cautious to me. In White Flag, he was obvious town, and he dropped very good logic, and also voted with ISO's. He hasn't done that here. He wasn't able to comment on my case on you, Mark. I do believe Gamma has visited Brass, as Pidgey has explained. He would need to have an alibi for what he is doing. Yet remember, we asked: Why would he visit Brass when we knew Brass would be protected? If there was no town benefit, then there is only scum benefit.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5396 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:26 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 5384, BuJaber wrote:Unless I guess gamma is scum but told the truth about visiting brass? But what scum role would that be? That makes even less sense
There is only one thing confirmed: That he visited Brass, nothing else. Doesn't JOAT seem to conflict with Joda's role?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5397 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Pidgey, I think Varsoon may have confirmed the setup to be 15-2-2-2. I'm going to take a break. Marshy, would love your thoughts on this.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5398 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't seem to have been replace yet so I will state Ran's doubling back on the read on me feels a bit sketchy
And I haven't been hard defending mark at every turn, that's a flat out lie
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5399 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Welcome back Gamma. I want you to catch up from your latest post, and then give a full reads list.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”