AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4025 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by AP »

Oh. OK. SO the rules explicitly state there are no names on the cards. So what was that ability Ausuka had? What does it mean?
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by AP »

And are you telling me you don't like AP?

YEAH BABY YEAH!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 4021, AP wrote:Like, PHUCK EVERYONE who says this is single ball. Ausuka's role says "Every night, you can target a player and
learn their alignment.
"

Now why would scum, need to learn of the alignment(s) in a bloody single ball with no SK??

Ausuka's first ability is "you can target someone to learn their rolecard,
including their name
". What name? My role card simply tells me I'm a villager, but I have no name.

This actually got me interested so I went back to read srceen's role, and he seems to both motivate AND roleblock the same person on the same night? This -to me- means someone has a strongman modifier to overcome the RB. Otherwise it's meaningless.

Maria's lie-detector was borderline on it's own. It could apply to single ball as a check on roles, but then it could be used in multi ball to find the other team as well.

So don't you dare assert it must be single ball here. Not unless the game was copied from another site and the rephrasing of the roles was poor and let some traces of the original game slip past proper modification.
In post 2741, Mulch wrote:
--You are a
wolf
[redacted]
-Once per game, you can send me a link to a post someone made. I will tell you if it is a truth, a lie, or inconclusive.
-Once per game, you can show me a post where someone is claiming or CLEARLY hinting their role. To the best of my ability, if this is valid, or the part they are claiming is mostly/partly valid, they will die. This kill cannot be stopped in any way and will be marked as an anti claim kill. You cannot use this on a vanilla townie equivalent.
-Once per game, you can show me a post where someone is claiming or CLEARLY hinting their role. To the best of my ability, if this is valid, or the part they are claiming is mostly/partly valid, they will be vanillized. This vanillization cannot be stopped in any way, but they will be notified if they are vanillized. You cannot use this on a vanilla townie equivalent.
In post 3630, Mulch wrote:
-You are a
wolf
[redacted]
-Every day, you can target a player. They will be motivated for the night (they can use one of their actions that night twice with the exception of a factional kill) and notified of this at the end of the day. However, they will be roleblocked for that night and the following day. For example, if you motivated someone day1, they would be motivated for night 1, and be roleblocked on night 1 and day2.
In post 3632, Mulch wrote:
-You are a
wolf
[redacted]
- Every night, you can target someone to learn their rolecard, including their name.
- Every night, you can target a player and learn their alignment. The night results will be sent to a random player in the game at the start of the next day, in the form of "You have received a night result of mafia" or "You have received night result of 'not mafia'."
I don't 100% think this game has to be singleball. But I'm treating it that way because I don't see any reason why it can't. So until something happens that conclusively points toward this game being Multiball, I will consider any and all Multiball discussion as distracting and unproductive. It gives off an air that you're trying to seem uninformed, and I find it very scummy.

These are the aforementioned Scum Role PM's.

Maria claimed to be a Lie Detector, which is her actual role. This could both be a confirmable role and have protown utility. However, it also has proscum utility in that it allows the scumteam to vanillarize or outright kill someone who claims their role.

Srceenplay's role is a motivater. I'm assuming this is confirmable and seems to have protown utility on the surface. However, it's mostly proscum utility in that it also roleblocks its target.

Ausuka's role seems to be a combination Rolecop (usually proscum but could be confirmable) as well as Amnesiac Cop (also could be confirmable). Except the scumteam gets to choose the target, but not who receives the result. The name thing is weird, but could just be an indication of a named role, of any alignment, and not necessarily an indicator of another faction, and could quite possibly just be a red herring.

None of these indicate there has to be the existence of another faction and mostly just indicates that we shouldn't take a claim at face value.
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by AP »

@Brian: I'm OK with this assessment. This much friendlier than your earlier call to lynch anyone who promotes the possibility to begin with. I think we can now agree that it's am existing possibility that you do not wish to pursue unless here's further evidence o it being the case. Yes?
YEAH BABY YEAH!
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by beeboy »

Sorry I'll check this game tomorrow.
I am going to bed now.

I don't think lynching me is optimal for ~reasons~ I'd rather say later.

Tbh Mulch not being on site killed my motivation to play this game. I joined this game because I like Mulch as a mod not for the playerlist, like I respect his decision but I am kinda sad he is gone.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 4028, AP wrote:@Brian: I'm OK with this assessment. This much friendlier than your earlier call to lynch anyone who promotes the possibility to begin with. I think we can now agree that it's am existing possibility that you do not wish to pursue unless here's further evidence o it being the case. Yes?
Yes.

Although I wasn't saying I would lynch anyone who promoted the possibility of multiball, just that I'd be willing to consider it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 1:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3965, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 3930, Thor665 wrote:I'm not even campaigning for her lynch right now and I can tell you it's 'lurk and lack of impact in the face of actual town reads'.
I'm not understanding this.
When people have a lot of townreads, people who aren't overtly scummy but are generally useless become stronger lynch candidates than they might otherwise be.
In post 3965, Brian Skies wrote:I'm disappointed that I don't have anything strong enough to strongarm the lynch I want, but that is to be expected.
If you don't - then maybe it's not a lynch worth strongarming.
In post 4029, beeboy wrote:Sorry I'll check this game tomorrow.
I am going to bed now.

I don't think lynching me is optimal for ~reasons~ I'd rather say later.

Tbh Mulch not being on site killed my motivation to play this game. I joined this game because I like Mulch as a mod not for the playerlist, like I respect his decision but I am kinda sad he is gone.
:neutral:

Are Panop and Grey are having a competition to see who can sideline their vote most effectively today?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 1:38 am

Post by Gorkington »

i think im leaning towards all of beeboy/cheeky/ap being bad wagon options right now.

brian should put together a hopkirk case and hit people in the face with it if hes really that confident that hopkirk is flipping scum.

kind of feel like greyice and panopticon need to get revisited.

spiff. if you havent thrown any kind of effort at this game by this weekend im going to assume youre lurking on purpose.
trash
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 1:48 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Don’t tell me what to do
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 1:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4033, Gorkington wrote:kind of feel like greyice and panopticon need to get revisited.
Grey gets a pass from me this phase for being the Srceenplay counter wagon.
I agree with you on Panop, and if Grey doesn't change I'll probably agree with you again on him sooner or later. But I'd much rather flip Bee, Hop, and probably Cheeky before a Grey flip unless new info comes to light.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 2:17 am

Post by Gorkington »

spiff why did you think you should be considered town because of what happened at the end of d1?
i get why you thought so for bins, but its kind of weird to lump yourself in with her when you didnt really hardpush for srceen in the same kind of way?
trash
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 2:36 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Because I chose to lynch Srceen instead of GI when it could have easily swung the other way
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 2:41 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 4037, Spiffeh wrote:Because I chose to lynch Srceen instead of GI when it could have easily swung the other way
Weak.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Gorkington »

do you feel like you should be at the same level as bins though when she was actively casing and pushing and poking people to vote for him?
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 2:43 am

Post by Gorkington »

like, the closest thing you have to that is telling tchill to hammer and by then no lynch/srceen was a foregone conclusion
trash
Centipede Syndrome
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 2:44 am

Post by Centipede Syndrome »

I'm gonna lurk a few more days.

I'm going to observe a moment of silence for Mulch.
Pray, which leg moves after which?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4041, Centipede Syndrome wrote:
I'm gonna lurk a few more days.

I'm going to observe a moment of silence for Mulch.
Mulch would want you to spam post in his honor though.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 4:12 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 4039, Gorkington wrote:do you feel like you should be at the same level as bins though when she was actively casing and pushing and poking people to vote for him?
Uh I guess not? I don't think it's a contest though
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 4:19 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3765, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 3706, CheekyTeeky wrote:Thor can be town for his amazing Srceenplay read. Still don't like that I can't sort Bins and Spiffeh so will look deeper into that.
I think Bins and I should be really easy to sort after what transpired at the end of the Day

But that's just me
To elaborate, this was mainly directed at Cheeky because she had garbage-ly been parked on me for almost the remainder of Day 1 after Maria flipped because it seemed like a "set up" or something?

She never really tried to engage with me while voting for me or explain why she was ever keeping her vote there uselessly in the first place.

So I find it a little odd that she still can't sort me, which makes me think that she wasn't putting much effort into reading me in the first place despite keeping her vote on me for so long. Especially after I was what I think was one of the swing votes that resulted in lynching scum the previous day.

And sure you could say that GI isn't flipped so it doesn't mean much or that I was doing it just so I could claim it for town credit but I definitely have enough content in Day 1 to make you feel some type of way about me if you were supposedly paying attention to me as your vote-park would indicate.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 4:23 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Also, while I'm not V/LA, the next three weeks I'll be pretty focused on finals/graduation, so you shouldn't expect the same amount of engagement from me as on Day 1, but I'll try my best.

Luckily I been SO helpful and obvtown in the previous Day that my absence shouldn't be a problem ;)
Brigand Vvulf
Brigand Vvulf
Goon
Brigand Vvulf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Brigand Vvulf »

More beeboy votes please.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 6:26 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 4035, Thor665 wrote:
In post 4033, Gorkington wrote:kind of feel like greyice and panopticon need to get revisited.
I agree with you on Panop, and if Grey doesn't change I'll probably agree with you again on him sooner or later. But I'd much rather flip Bee, Hop, and probably Cheeky before a Grey flip unless new info comes to light.
Why is AP town?

Hint: He's not, but feel free to review things before answering.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4048 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 6:27 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 4046, Brigand Vvulf wrote:More beeboy votes please.
Eh, sure, why the fuck not.

Vote: beeboy

Vig, please shoot this Anal Prolapse guy as fast as possible.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4049 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4047, GreyICE wrote:
In post 4035, Thor665 wrote:
Why is AP town?

Hint: He's not, but feel free to review things before answering.
I squinted really hard and didn't see me claiming he was in that post.
So I don't really see the value of town casing him to you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”