Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2072, hyung wrote:
In post 2068, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:when you almost lynched aa9 and fucking sunk this game into the depths of apathy.
l m a o

VOTE: lld

player plays catch up while apparently sticking to read only the first 20 pages.

player comes back in now to say they'll continue with the catch up later.

player accidentally betrays in fit of fake rage that they
actually know and have been caught up on what's been currently going on this whole time.

hey guys. guess what. it's a scum claim
To be fair, I'm pretty sure the 'AA9 nearly getting hammered' occurred right around LLD replaced in.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't feel like the alternative wagon choices are very good.

Convince me otherwise?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Like, so far, the options seem to be <Vax, Hyung, AA9>.

I currently have Vax and Hyung as townreads. AA9 is probably not scum?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Pine »

Hyung.

Whether you find them scummy, trollish, or just policy, it's a good compromise for this shit show of a D1.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Pine »

How about you defend your Hyung TR. I just searched your ISO, and it came out of nowhere with scant explanation.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2074, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I HAVE BEEN HERE LESS THAN A WEEK YOU FUCKING SCUMBAG.

AND THE GAME WAS 64 PAGES LONG WHEN I REPLACED IN.

THAT MEANS I GOT A THIRD OF THE GAME FUCKING DONE WHILE YOU SAT ON YOUR HANDS AND DID NOTHING WHILE THE GAME WAS IN APATHY.

THAT'S SO FUCKNIG DAMNING
This is also not a very good rebuttal since, at AA9's current rate of catching up, she'll have caught up before you will.

I get that this game is a hot mess and it's pretty long. I don't think you've done anything worthy of a read and probably won't be until you've caught up and have real-time opinions.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2128, Pine wrote:Hyung.

Whether you find them scummy, trollish, or just policy, it's a good compromise for this shit show of a D1.
In post 2129, Pine wrote:How about you defend your Hyung TR. I just searched your ISO, and it came out of nowhere with scant explanation.
I feel like you're cherrypicking. What makes Vax, Hyung, or AA9 perfectly viable candidates and not say Hiplop or Mutant?

Hyung I feel like is actually trying to figure out this game. You may not like his posting, or his opinions, but he has them and I have no issue with them. I also felt him leaving the game temporarily to be in a fit of town frustration (open to disagreement), and his reasons for scumreading/voting Cheeky are the only ones I actually like from that wagon. His opinions regarding AA9/Hiplop are also valid. Where is the scum motivation from this slot?

Vax I already explained is probably town and others have also stated their reasons for this. I'm not going to commit a read here because there are some admittedly weird posts from him, but I still feel like his general read progression on me earlier was townish and I don't feel like anything he's done is scum-indicative. Why do you think he's scummy or a good lynch (this one is probably your best bet of the three on getting me to follow you)?

AA9 is AA9 and I won't oppose her lynch, but her catch-up posts kinda sorta seem town. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Penguin is another questionable slot and he's almost due for a prod.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

TL;DR version: Personally I'd like to lynch LLD>hiplop>Cheeky at the moment, but I don't think there will be enough people who agree on Tbone/LLD being scum to get her lynched.
VOTE: Hiplop

i reread through a bunch of isos and here are my general thoughts on the game.

I've got a slight town read on a lot of people that I consider good at playing the game <Brian, Alisae, Reck, Firebringer>, of which I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong about 1 of them but also I don't think they've done anything actually scum-motivated yet, and all of them except maybe Firebringer are probably going to be needed to get literally any lynch to happen today.

Relating to that - any and all arguments about speed of wagon and X didn't get lynched despite the wagon/never got a wagon are all awful, because at least 3 people of 17 have been literally as far away from helping to lynch anyone as humanly possible, and getting 9 of 14 people to agree to do anything is REALLY fucking hard in mafia game, and it's usually been even worse than that b/c a scattered few people like mutant/hyung/penguin/etc have been away for a few days at a time pretty much continously through the game.

I don't think we're getting anyone lynched today without a pretty solid consensus on that player being either useless or scummy or both given that. In order of people who I would lynch right now if I were the sole vote in the game, I think I'd lynch LLD (pretty much solely b/c of T-bone's play, I don't think anything except maybe what I think is her wrong argument that she would have let arcangel get lynched if she were scum is alignment-indicative), hiplop, and Cheeky.

I do think that arc's fabled catchup does actually look a little bit town. If it's between her and a no lynch or her and an actual town read I'd lynch her anyway but at this point I'm fine letting her live another day, despite the fact that I think that assuming she is town she's probably one of the worst players in the game to have anywhere close to endgame.

LLD as I mentioned I'd like to lynch, but I'll be a bit surprised if there's actually enough consensus to do it.

hiplop is 'being replaced', but we're still looking for a gamma emerald replacement first, and out of the lurkers as I think I mentioned before his 'play' is the closest I think to what I'd expect from scum. If none of arc/mutant/gamma being utterly useless the entire game/being replaced while we're trying to lynch were issues then I might be fine shrugging at him and letting him live another day too to see what the eventual replacement says, but right now I think he's the best shot we have at getting someone I think is relatively scummy lynched.

Cheeky I still think her early/mid d1 play looked very bad, but is more of a read of 'I don't think many other people look scummy' considering that her recent play has been better.
I don't think scum, regardless of who they are, have had to worry about whether or not anyone's going to get lynched for more than a week now, so any decent scum haven't been feeling pressured to make pushes they don't believe in or think they need to avoid bussing and I think that makes most of what's happened in the last week or so really unlikely to show scum making mistakes.

side note for brian: did also think penguin looked pretty town early game for what it's worth.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Titus replaces hiplop
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2121, Brian Skies wrote:Reck is not in my desired lynchpool but I would be okay with his flip and I don't really think confirmability = town.

Also, his 'I would policy lynch hyung and AA9' but 'Hiplop's behavior isn't alignment indicative and I'm not interested there' feels kind of skeevy.

There has also been a constant stream of depthless analysis from him that I don't think anyone (outside of maybe Gooey) that should have a townlean here. And his constant whining that people have an issue with his play and aren't townreading him is very disappointing to me.

Hyung did mention Reck asked specifically for Hip's replacement, so sure, we can pretend there is some sort of association between these two slots.
why is that skeevy.
we're getting a replacement for hiplop. no need to policy lynch that slot unless some assclown replaces into it?
aa9/hyung aren't replacing out, so yes, i would be fine with them being policy

who are you referencing has a constant stream of depthless analysis?
In post 2122, Pine wrote:Reck, AA9 is not on the table today. She would have happened by now.

You've said you wanted to see Hyung policy'd. Put your money where your mouth is.
sure.
VOTE: hyung

@gamma: why hiplop? he's getting replaced. i mean youre right, gamma emerald is too. but is our job to do UT's job for him and kill replaced slots so he doesn't have to find a replacement?

p.edit: wait how did hiplop get replaced before emerald?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@UT: Status on Gamma Emerald replacement?
green shirt thursdays
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2133, Gammagooey wrote:side note for brian: did also think penguin looked pretty town early game for what it's worth.
Yeah, but anyone who isn't willing to suffer through and help me sort this nonsense could be lynched for all I care.

And I need slots that haven't been doing things to start doing things that are alignment indicative for me to get a clearer picture of this game.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

oh jesus christ

titus please please try to keep your thoughts as concise as possible as you catch up

we're still getting another replacement after you eventually and we're already at 80+ pages
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2135, xRECKONERx wrote:why is that skeevy.
we're getting a replacement for hiplop. no need to policy lynch that slot unless some assclown replaces into it?
aa9/hyung aren't replacing out, so yes, i would be fine with them being policy

who are you referencing has a constant stream of depthless analysis?
Your AA9 policy lynch is no longer applicable. And your reasoning for policy lynching Hyung happened on like page 20.

I'll ask you the same question I just asked Pine. What makes these two slots perfectly viable as lynched or policy lynched and not some like Hiplop (to which you did answer) or Mutant?

I was referencing you, obviously. Who do you even scumread at this point?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I don't mind being lynched if that means avoiding a nolynch after this god forsaken day if we can get people to consolidate on me that would be good. I feel like scum and lurkers have derailed any chances of a scum lynch today anyway and I wouldn't be a big loss nor would this game be a big loss to me.

So yeah let's talk about getting our votes together asap.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2134, Untrod Tripod wrote:Titus replaces hiplop
This is a firebringer approved replacement
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

ugh

VOTE: LLD

if you are not Pine, AND do not want LLD lynched, please let me know so I can try to vote someone who can actually get lynched today

if you've got a strong preference on who let me know that too

@fire- hi, remind me who you're voting/who you want lynched if you don't mind
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Hi Titus. Glgl.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

VOTE: LLD
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

No LLD can be useful. LLD if you could finish catching up and post a summary of your reads that would help a lot with deadline looming.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2145, CheekyTeeky wrote:No LLD can be useful. LLD if you could finish catching up and post a summary of your reads that would help a lot with deadline looming.
Yeah, I'll just give the cliffs notes of the rest of the game and my feelings instead of quoting everything, I guess.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Awesome ty!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Titus »

Will take a look after doctor.

Varsoona has a game that needs a sub.

ty for well wishes.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

Oh hi Titus
(I just woke up and am kinda sleepy for usual greeting apologizes)
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”