Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@LLD- because taking the high road sets you up way, way better for the future and I think 80+% of all good scum players that don't think they're fucked from who they replaced would take that for townpoints over taking a quick lynch, that if town, will make them look horrific and likely get them lynched in the next couple days

like what are you suggesting you do exactly instead as scum, just not bother catching up at all for a week straight? Hammer Arc after I got you to read her iso? Like town-you is pretty unlikely to do either of those things I think and both reck and I have played with you before and would think it's weird for you to do it I think.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2198, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2184, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I do my very vest to contain my anger and through this game I've not insulted or taken personal shots at anyone. I have put things in all caps because I get frustrated and angry, but I have been making a concerted effort not to do the other.
You called gammagoey an asshole.

Unless you think asshole is a term of endearment you have insulted people.
I called him an ahole because he was a jerk, and then had the gall to say "Sorry friend" to me, which is the most patronizing bullshit and it fucking hurt, so yeah I kinda sucked at holding it back there.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 2:58 pm

In post 2200, Gammagooey wrote:@LLD- because taking the high road sets you up way, way better for the future and I think 80+% of all good scum players that don't think they're fucked from who they replaced would take that for townpoints over taking a quick lynch, that if town, will make them look horrific and likely get them lynched in the next couple days

like what are you suggesting you do exactly instead as scum, just not bother catching up at all for a week straight? Hammer Arc after I got you to read her iso? Like town-you is pretty unlikely to do either of those things I think and both reck and I have played with you before and would think it's weird for you to do it I think.
Gamma, you don't understand.

Arc was hammered when I replaced in.

UT retroactively counted my unvote to put Arc at 8. I didn't NEED to vote Arc... she was already dead, he just did me a favour more or less.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 2188, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2183, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2169, Firebringer wrote:Screw it:
VOTE: Vaxkiller

I can get on board with this read of urs LLD.
Do you even know why Pine and LLD are voting me? They just laugh when I ask. All I've seen from Pine for days is "Lets lynch Vaxkiller" for fucking days. You say something enough and people will believe it.
I have made post after post in my catch up pointing to posts you have made to illustrate why I think you are scummy.

Also I'm not even
voting for you currently

This attempt at discrediting my points by putting both Pine and I in the same sentence and then just saying "all I've seen from Pine" and ignoring my statements is noted and heard.
I'll give you that. You have provided your thoughts.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2192, xRECKONERx wrote:i am paranoid of LLD because she almost pulled the wool over my eyes in team mafia and of anyone she knows how to butter me up

but i dont want to chase that paranoid tangent right now because it's not yet time for elmo gifs
Look at this scum post by reckoner
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

You think so?

Games played.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:00 pm

I'm suggesting what I told you I would have done as scum here Gamma.

I'd have cherry picked some interesting interactions that look awful, come down hard on Cheeky, really played up wanting to lynch some of the most optically bad players as opposed to the oens I found actually scummy, and gotten an easy town lynch.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Yes, it’s literally reckoner buttering up LLD by telling her she is good at foooling him.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:03 pm

gonna get some food but before I sleep tonight I'm going to write two posts. one on hyung and one on vax

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

I'm assuming reck knows LLD tho, and would know LLD would be more suspicious of someone making that comment.

Games played.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2202, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2200, Gammagooey wrote:@LLD- because taking the high road sets you up way, way better for the future and I think 80+% of all good scum players that don't think they're fucked from who they replaced would take that for townpoints over taking a quick lynch, that if town, will make them look horrific and likely get them lynched in the next couple days

UT retroactively counted my unvote to put Arc at 8. I didn't NEED to vote Arc... she was already dead, he just did me a favour more or less.
so then what's your argument for you-town behaving differently than you-scum there

you unvoted after you knew there was a hammer as town because you predicted that UT would ignore a hammer b/c of it and let the game continue? You didn't realize that there was a hammer and unvoted as town but you wouldn't have as scum?

like the way I see it you unvote or at least try to unvote there regardless of your alignment so you can catch up on the game and frankly expecting anyone to think you're town for that seems kind of mad to me.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:09 pm

In post 2210, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 2202, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

so then what's your argument for you-town behaving differently than you-scum there

you unvoted after you knew there was a hammer as town because you predicted that UT would ignore a hammer b/c of it and let the game continue? You didn't realize that there was a hammer and unvoted as town but you wouldn't have as scum?

like the way I see it you unvote or at least try to unvote there regardless of your alignment so you can catch up on the game and frankly expecting anyone to think you're town for that seems kind of mad to me.
My argument is that scum me would have skimmed the game to get situational awareness before making a move. Why would I have to pop in and post ANYTHING there, why not delay my coming into the game until AA is dead and then enter day 2?

Further, what town me does that scum me doesn't is focus on the macro state of the game. Scum-me would be worried about optics, about how I'm being perceived and how I individually am performing.

Town-me cares more about the town getting off the rutted path they are on and fixing that.

My behaviour should suggest the later to you, and not the former. If you think that it's more the former, explain and give examples?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:10 pm

but no seriously, FOOD NOW.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 2212, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:but no seriously, FOOD NOW.
dota first

Games played.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:17 pm

In post 2213, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2212, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:but no seriously, FOOD NOW.
dota first
you wanna play dota? lmao

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

I am playing dota!

Games played.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

my strongest townreads have similar thoughts that i do with regards to the hyung wagon.

that tells me that my reads are perhaps based on things that leave me easily opened to being pocketed, or that the hyung wagon is more likely than not scum motivated.

i don't really like the idea of voting there.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@LLD
I'm not going to make an argument for you-scum based on what you say that you-scum would/wouldn't do. Especially when I've already said that my read on your slot is based off of Tbone's play and not yours so far with the exception of your newfound hyung bloodlust.

If you want we can talk about my perspective on you+hyung at the moment though since you already told me to fuck myself about it
Cause if you go back and actually look at when hyung and you were posting before today you basically entirely missed each other before today

You did all your catchup thursday night and saturday afternoon

hyung pops in to say that he's busy but iso'd reck friday and posts a little saturday morning

and it's completely incomprehensible to you that he as town missed almost all of your catchup posting, sees your post about saying you'd catch up after your RPG thing sunday and then not showing up again until today, and assumed you had joined the pack of people promising but never actually catching up on the game.
Despite the fact that he immediately corrects himself after a quick iso of you, and says the only thing scummy is how confident you suddenly are of him being scum, which I'll agree with because regardless of your alignment I think you way overreacted to him missing your catchup posts and then went full 'fuck everyone and everything that isn't doing what I want' afterwards.

I might be a little biased towards reading hyung as town b/c he shares my thoughts on 'why the fuck didn't this day end 40 pages ago instead of being filled with unreadable garbage', but it does feel like he's legitimately trying to hunt scum to me and he certainly hasn't been concerned with how his optics have looked this game and making people less likely to lynch him.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2204, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2192, xRECKONERx wrote:i am paranoid of LLD because she almost pulled the wool over my eyes in team mafia and of anyone she knows how to butter me up

but i dont want to chase that paranoid tangent right now because it's not yet time for elmo gifs
Look at this scum post by Firebringer

see how easy it is to give empty reads without any context
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2186, xRECKONERx wrote:@lld can you tell me why you think hyung is scum bc it'd make me way more comfortable leaving my vote there instead of doing the thing where i go chase other wagons
@lld please
green shirt thursdays
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2218, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2204, Firebringer wrote:

Look at this scum post by Firebringer

see how easy it is to give empty reads without any context
Lol ur such scum butt
Show

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

nice content
green shirt thursdays
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 5:16 pm

In post 2219, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2186, xRECKONERx wrote:@lld can you tell me why you think hyung is scum bc it'd make me way more comfortable leaving my vote there instead of doing the thing where i go chase other wagons
@lld please
it's coming before I sleep tonight, I promise. I mentioned it earlier, but right now I need a break

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i have to sleep now but if you do it ill read it
green shirt thursdays
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 11:08 pm

In post 375, hyung wrote:
In post 325, CheekyTeeky wrote:@Tbone I'm a reaction tester/intent reader. I find it hard to get good reads when I'm disconnected. Also each time I let the thread breathe it slows down to an unproductive level. I don't see the harm in trying to generate real game content. I also don't get why you find the need to take a teaching stance with me. As you can tell I'm far from insecure and I feel I'm a pretty effective town player, it just feels like you're trying to shut me up and discredit me each time we interact and I don't see the town intent in going about it the way you are. If you want me to stfu then just tell me to stfu or generate discussion elsewhere.
this really comes across as scum throwing up walls preemptively. i didn't see anything from tbone that could cause such an over the top reaction. it's way more flustered than believable.

vote: cheeky
In post 437, hyung wrote:i would vote cheeky in this post if i wasn't already voting them
Hyung is scum for a few reasons

First, their Cheeky stance. They were one of the people who stayed on Cheeky basically the whole time, up until basically the most recent events. Their original opening post on Cheeky showed some measure of attempting to sort the slot, but when examining that attempt it doesn't parse as actually attempting to find scum, but rather feels more like Hyung is looking for an easy mislynch and Cheeky fit the bill.

This is backed up by evidence of how hyung treats the Cheeky wagon and the game for the rest of the time. Random status quo maintaining posts meant to avoid prods and check in and keep Cheeky alive as the defacto mislynch, without any attempts to sort other players. The only real counter example is when Hyung calls {Mutant, Pine, Hiplop} all scum, but says he "has no proof to back it up". It's the kind of line that if the player was performing with more investment might be somethign with actual weight behind it that someone could hold them to, but given that Hyung was mostly a non-presence I don't think it mitigates the issues at all, rather I think it just is an example of throwing somehting at a wall and seeing what sticks. Testing the waters, if you will.

Then, we have Hyung's use of the votecount mechanic. It is easy to dismiss this as simply anti-town and misguided in an attempt to end the day early out of apathy, but the fact you need to consider is this player was
actively contributing to this apathy by not posting and not interacting
and yet they decide to do this? It doesn't feel "Trolly" and I reject assertions that it is "dumb, not scum". I think it is the kind of move scum makes in hyungs position and hopes that everyone is too demoralized and no one thinks scum would do something so ballsy. It actively hurt us and it IS scummy.

Finally, we have Hyung's interactions with me. His initial post was exactly the kind of post we talked about in part one. It accomplishes 3 goals:

1) it dodges the prod timer, so the player doesn't look excessively inactive like the other inactives in the game
2) it keeps the game in apathy because it tacitly approves people calling the game "Shit" and just giving up
3) it looks like it provides some manner of opinion or content when really it does nothing of the sort.

So I call this player on it, and vote them. The reasons for my vote are the above, but also, the manner in which Hyung attempted to defend themselves against my vote, pressure and accusations were very much resembling scrambling scum. What's more, when pushed into the corner and without any way to dodge or lurk, since I just shined a giant fucking spotlight in his face, Hyung did what I would expect scum to do there. Vote me back, make a scene and hope people write it off as two players having a bad interactions, and either ignore us both or damn us both.

Then he'd just go back to lurking while everyone else around him tries to find a compromise lynch.

The fact of the matter is that I think Hyungs reads are bad and scummy, his behaviour is bad and scummy and his reactions and tone are bad and scummy.

I'm very confident this person flips scum. This is my case on them, Reck.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”