Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Jingle »

Oh, reasoning for the hydra.

Who feels like who from our last All is Who game, not the one before it. Admittedly weak, because different scenarios, but it's in how he approaches the game. In the last game he was lurky and flaky, but when he was there he actually tried to push reads and gamesolve. In the previous game (again, admittedly a Greatest Idea where we had a superweird setup) it felt more like he relied on me to keep us alive while playing up the trolly aspect of the hydra. He has 20 more people to hide behind here, and yet he's doing things other than trolling, which points to townWho. Frankly, I don't think scumWho tries to reach out to me because I don't think he cares enough to do so.

TN should be fairly self evident as to why I am townreading him, but I guess I can try to pick out what in those posts pings me if you need me to. I expect you see the same things though. And yeah, I pulled a bunch of quotes you've already read, because they're the ones I see as game relevant and alignment indicative, as opposed to a lot of the ISO.

Add into that the Creature business, and I'm comfortable calling them town until I hear back about that.
This is a Parachute.
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:28 am

Post by eddie »

In post 771, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 767, eddie wrote:
In post 764, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 759, eddie wrote:if you want to stop being a <redacted> and play mafia, explain why I'm scum? For someone so fixated on that you haven't actually done that.
i dont know if you're scum or not. but i think your play stinks. it makes more sense to me that scum would make such bad posts.
Would you like to highlight which posts are such bad, friend? :)
the ones where you try to pass off "one in pun etl is scum" as an "explanation" of your vote and stubbornly trying to stick to that as some cheeky point as though it's anywhere close to enough for anyone.
Clearly you don't know me at /all/, which is fine. The obvious read between the lines answer is my hydra partner wanted pressure on you. I'm really fuckin good at applying pressure. I showed Schadd scumleaning you and me agreeing, I showed me saying Pun and you contains a scum which is obviously because of your interactions, and I showed us saying Pun is townish (hesitantly). That's plenty of reason to vote you. Is that better? I'm sarcastic as fuck, but I don't want to ruin your game experience, especially because I was super happy to join a game with cheet/etl/jingle/superhydra-mulch-posting-antics/goodmod.
eddie cane & schadd
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Jingle »

Cause you were close to quitting the thread, and that's counterproductive to the town wincondition regardless of your role PM?

Like I said, pissing you off enough to be readable and keeping you engaged is a fine line. :P

No comment on the mastina thing. I don't out alts that haven't already been outed, snork.
This is a Parachute.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:31 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Ok. I agree with you on TN. And being that she's the only one I've actually noticed signing the posts, those are the only posts I really care about. Also why I backed off trying to rally their lynch. Plus they're less annoying now, and hopefully they remain that way. I don't know which posts are Who posts, and tbh I don't remember what Who is like.

Fine. Who's scum?

p-edit :giggle: snork is a good one
Art is cool.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 757, Ginngie wrote:
In post 756, eddie wrote:I wasn't asked to explain why you were scum. I was asked why I voted you.
I'm pretty sure it's a known thing to explain a scum read when it comes to why someone votes.

Like 'why did you vote me' is synonymous with 'why are you scumreading me'

mainly because you don't vote your town reads
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:31 am

In post 777, eddie wrote:Clearly you don't know me at /all/, which is fine. The obvious read between the lines answer is my hydra partner wanted pressure on you. I'm really fuckin good at applying pressure. I showed Schadd scumleaning you and me agreeing, I showed me saying Pun and you contains a scum which is obviously because of your interactions, and I showed us saying Pun is townish (hesitantly). That's plenty of reason to vote you. Is that better? I'm sarcastic as fuck, but I don't want to ruin your game experience, especially because I was super happy to join a game with cheet/etl/jingle/superhydra-mulch-posting-antics/goodmod.
Yes that's better. You're wrong, but that's better. Thanks.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:34 am

can i have a link to the funny bert neighbor game you were talking about?
Art is cool.
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 am

Post by eddie »

keely who's scum
eddie cane & schadd
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:40 am

Post by eddie »

In post 765, eddie wrote:I'm obliging and mostly ignoring ETL btw Jingle. But, I'll talk to you about her! From my meta I gather she's a top tier scum and high tier town, would you agree that's true? What are the major things I should look for for town!ETL or scum!ETL?

What do you make of ETL voting Mastina or other anonymous pun?

Why is Porkens town?
eddie cane & schadd
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:40 am

Post by eddie »

In post 780, Ginngie wrote:
In post 757, Ginngie wrote:
In post 756, eddie wrote:I wasn't asked to explain why you were scum. I was asked why I voted you.
I'm pretty sure it's a known thing to explain a scum read when it comes to why someone votes.

Like 'why did you vote me' is synonymous with 'why are you scumreading me'

mainly because you don't vote your town reads
eddie cane & schadd
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 765, eddie wrote:I'm obliging and mostly ignoring ETL btw Jingle. But, I'll talk to you about her! From my meta I gather she's a top tier scum and high tier town, would you agree that's true? What are the major things I should look for for town!ETL or scum!ETL?
Backwards, actually.

She's better as town than scum, although that's heavily predicated on the environment we both played in. Not sure how she's gonna handle new ms towns, tbh, because the game we played had roughly half fogies and her masonbuddy was a boonbaby.

I have near perfect accuracy reading her over a period of years though (hence both the fake inno and the saltiness over it blowing up in my face).

As scum, she ATE's really well, pockets people, and almost never gets lynched because she's generally likeable.

As town, she's pretty easy to piss off to the point where she's ineffectual unless she has people who can keep her in the thread and invested, but if you can keep her head in the game she will find scum. Think LLD levels of ragequit.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:45 am

Post by Jingle »

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=59618 - It was a Lying Cat, but I think sthar8 made one post.
This is a Parachute.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Gorkington »

@eddie
, i have a bunch of okay townleans and a big pile of mehreads.
and im not really running with enough time/energy to seriously try to parse people in this game via metadives/isodives.

im down to just wagon the shit out of people and hopefully get a better grasp on the gamestate by doing so!

vote: nosferatu

porkens and a50 are also okay alternatives on this front!
[titus and punreader are also in the mehpile but i dont think wagoning them will make them easier to read]
trash
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Porkens »

I'm still where I was. all the recent posting is noise to me. im not saying its bad noise, but thats where im at.
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:52 am

Post by eddie »

In post 786, Jingle wrote:
Backwards, actually.

She's better as town than scum, although that's heavily predicated on the environment we both played in. Not sure how she's gonna handle new ms towns, tbh, because the game we played had roughly half fogies and her masonbuddy was a boonbaby.

I have near perfect accuracy reading her over a period of years though (hence both the fake inno and the saltiness over it blowing up in my face).

As scum, she ATE's really well, pockets people, and almost never gets lynched because she's generally likeable.

As town, she's pretty easy to piss off to the point where she's ineffectual unless she has people who can keep her in the thread and invested, but if you can keep her head in the game she will find scum. Think LLD levels of ragequit.
skirt skirt: Eddie Cane/skirt skirt is by far the undeniably best scumhunter in this group. He is competent and he is one of the only players on mafiascum who is still capable of making good solid reasons when he is providing his reads. As a result, he is a huge threat. However, he is rather prone to insulting players. We're not going to get him ejected from the game and even could we that would be a deplorable strategy to try and employ, but what we CAN do is get him emotional because when he is emotional he is compromised. His charisma can go downhill fast, especially when he is stuck with people who won't listen. Still, the best solution for him is to nightkill him.
Sounds like a more extreme version of me lmao

(that's the mastina quote from team mafia)
eddie cane & schadd
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:53 am

Post by eddie »

In post 788, Gorkington wrote:
@eddie
and im not really running with enough time/energy to seriously try to parse people in this game via metadives/isodives.

im down to just wagon the shit out of people and hopefully get a better grasp on the gamestate by doing so!

[titus and punreader are also in the mehpile but i dont think wagoning them will make them easier to read]
lets see the leans

VOTE: Nosferatu
eddie cane & schadd
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Gorkington »

as an added bonus for nos being maybe scum, i have no idea what he was trying to do with poking me about draynth.
him defending the questions when i got annoyed was to just say that he was that [he was townreading me so why would scumhim do that?] which is a really weird response and makes the questions seem like pointless busywork
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Gorkington »

actually im being dumb instead of cleaning like i should be
and nos has like literally 0 scumhunting in his ISO and has sticky-ass-reads

lets fucking kill this guy
trash
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 779, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Fine. Who's scum?
I actually don't know.

I'm betting scum is split between the people agreeing with my plan and the people fighting it to keep the nonscumhunting discussion going, but I don't know who in the agreement camp is likely as a suspect and everyone in the not agreeing with me plan is a likely suspect.

I could see Titus, given that she knows both of us are perfectly willing to work with people and she hasn't made an attempt to do so. One of pun/Eddie pocketing me makes too much sense to discount, although pun warning me about letting Eddie pocket me means they're probably not both scum trying to pocket me.

The lurkers are troubling me, as are the reads on lurkers.

Gork seems active, but is a nonpresence in the thread. Given that most of my interaction with him is sitechat/modding/him telling me that he's a bad player, I'm willing to trust your gut there for now.

Nos keeps trying to creep into my town pile without having actually done anything worth putting her there over, which is giving me flashbacks to Awoo and making me think that might be a blindspot.

But as of right now? I want the people who haven't explicitly said they will at least humor my plan for night one to do so so that we can table all setup spec until tomorrow at the earliest.
This is a Parachute.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 8:04 am

In post 787, Jingle wrote:viewtopic.php?f=54&t=59618 - It was a Lying Cat, but I think sthar8 made one post.
:lol: :lol: omg that was such a good game.

dude. I just iso'd GG and LC and legit thought me/AP were town :lol: and you were scum :lol: and the flips at the end :lol:

so bad :lol:

BUT THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD DOESN'T IT? what the hell happened to me lol....

Subject: Mini 1619 - Antihero: REDEMPTION [GAME OVER]
Guilty Gunsmith wrote:LC is scum and I have proof.

Bert neighborized us and we got the PT last night. LC claims to be a Gunsmith and checked us N1 with a no gun result. yet on D2 he pretends not to know anything new
in the neighborhood.
after confirming his targets/results to Bert, both Bert and I ask him about this. he says he didn't crumb anything in the thread because he could do it in the hood except he didn't. in fact he acted like he was paranoid and even less sure of us on d2 than on d1.

then there is the Anatole wagon. and the Thor wagon. and the flubber wagon he hammered. and the wifom about the nk.

oh yeah and did I mention he claims to have targeted Thor n2 and said he was going to target Bert last night despite being neighbors with him since n1.

oh yeah and his biggest scum reads on d1 were ns and jiffy/Thor. but he checked us instead. not his biggest scum reads. not his new unknown neighbor.

and did I mention he claimed
a fucking gunsmith?

VOTE: Lying Cat
Art is cool.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 790, eddie wrote:
In post 786, Jingle wrote:
Backwards, actually.

skirt skirt: Eddie Cane/skirt skirt is by far the undeniably best scumhunter in this group. He is competent and he is one of the only players on mafiascum who is still capable of making good solid reasons when he is providing his reads. As a result, he is a huge threat. However, he is rather prone to insulting players. We're not going to get him ejected from the game and even could we that would be a deplorable strategy to try and employ, but what we CAN do is get him emotional because when he is emotional he is compromised. His charisma can go downhill fast, especially when he is stuck with people who won't listen. Still, the best solution for him is to nightkill him.
Sounds like a more extreme version of me lmao

(that's the mastina quote from team mafia)
Yeah, that's a pretty fair assessment. Although I'd argue the best strategy with ETL is to nightkill the people keeping her grounded and let her interest wane. Ironically, this describes me perfectly and I may have just signed my own death warrant, but tbh I think we all knew I was getting shot at some point.

PEdit: Fuck you, that game made me so salty. :P
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Jingle »

Oh, the one I referenced in the mini normal that you couldn't remember where you townread my in the post wasn't actually you. You were my scumbuddy. It was the Antihero with AP's epic gunsmith claim and the post game by Grimgroove where he said "Well played ETL. I'm pretty sure I never would have lynched you. At least I was right about Lying Cat being town though." BEST SCUMTEAM EVER.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 8:13 am

Post by Jingle »

BTW, for the record I was almost sure Bert was scum and you were town. I wanted you to leave the claim alone so that Bert would kill me and you could lynch him. And I planned on redacting the claim (that I only made during a nightphase as NK bait) as my first post of the day but you assholes had already lynched me. :P
This is a Parachute.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 8:14 am

In post 788, Gorkington wrote:
@eddie

I strongly feel porkens to be town. convince me why i'm wrong...

I could definitely be down for a nos lynch.
In post 789, Porkens wrote:I'm still where I was. all the recent posting is noise to me. im not saying its bad noise, but thats where im at.
can you talk to me about your current vote though please?
In post 794, Jingle wrote:
In post 779, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Fine. Who's scum?
I actually don't know.

I'm betting scum is split between the people agreeing with my plan and the people fighting it to keep the nonscumhunting discussion going, but I don't know who in the agreement camp is likely as a suspect and everyone in the not agreeing with me plan is a likely suspect.
my first instinct would be to suspect those being nonconforming with the obviously smart plan, but also the fact that openly doing so is not really helpful for scum leans me towards looking at those who have said they're on board without discussing the plan at all, or those who have not acknowledged the plan at all.
I could see Titus, given that she knows both of us are perfectly willing to work with people and she hasn't made an attempt to do so.

She used to be pretty proud of her scum game and her town game was full of stubborn "i'm right, you're wrong" passion. but then she changed. the last couple games i've played with her were so... vanilla.. i dont even remember if she was town or not. when is the last time you've played with her?
One of pun/Eddie pocketing me makes too much sense to discount, although pun warning me about letting Eddie pocket me means they're probably not both scum trying to pocket me.
noted. which feels more likely scum to you?
The lurkers are troubling me, as are the reads on lurkers.
which ones?
Gork seems active, but is a nonpresence in the thread. Given that most of my interaction with him is sitechat/modding/him telling me that he's a bad player, I'm willing to trust your gut there for now.
read his iso. he's one of the more engaged players here.
Nos keeps trying to creep into my town pile without having actually done anything worth putting her there over, which is giving me flashbacks to Awoo and making me think that might be a blindspot.
I think nos is probably scum. pretty much for the same reasons gork stated.
But as of right now? I want the people who haven't explicitly said they will at least humor my plan for night one to do so so that we can table all setup spec until tomorrow at the earliest.
that would be nice, but even if they all do, it's more than likely at least half the people are gonna do whatever the fuck they want to do anyway because they think they know better.
Art is cool.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”