Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 623, Almost50 wrote:This is because they do not want to accidentally shoot one of their own.
Wat? Surely they know their own. If there's 2+ scum factions, surely they'd be ok with shooting the other faction too, at least now that the idiocy regarding "we're all townies" is over.
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by light_ganski »

Catch Up Part Two: Pages 11-25

In post 250, Taly wrote: See.

This shit right here is another reason why random shooting is bad.

Now we CAN'T figure out why
Varsoon
believed
Iconeum
was a better shot and more likely scum.
Taly gets more town the more I read. If you're not in the bloc and really have to shoot to satisfy some inner urge, let's try and hear why at least.
In post 252, Gammagooey wrote:heya

taly you're not going to be particularly happy with this game if you take it as seriously as you are
Hmm, why not play to win as town? Scumread this
In post 253, Iconeum wrote:we can make a kill-list and begin to shoot it top down in order to control all killings. This works if there are enough of us so we can ninja the kill each time.

fp'd by crazy Taly and others
Or, we could discuss our reads and vote as a group for who we want to kill next like we would in any other game. Mad idea I know, but

In post 263, Sando wrote:One thing I've been considering, at some point the mod's activity levels is gonna play a part of this game since kills need to get resolved before moving onto the next one. I'm assuming any scum have daychat so have the advantage in terms of coordination. Probably a decent idea for us to have a good handle on the xyzzy's activity habits before scum start exploiting it against us. Admittedly I dunno how they do that without painting a massive target on themselves...but still, worth considering.
Good point but how would we do this?
In post 266, Sando wrote:On the subject of mod activity, I think we implement a town-rule. Anyone submitting a kill within say 1 hour (at this player level this seems safe) of the mod resolving a kill should be the target of any towns kill.

ie, if you're on and you see someone shoot within an hour of a previous kill being resolved by mod, shoot the person that sent that kill and break any scum cycle that's happening.
I get this on the basis of not being able to extract information in these situations, but kills should still eb agreed on by the group if possible
In post 273, Gammagooey wrote:i was hoping to do this before 10 pages of junk but just to let ya know

my plan is to absorb catharsis from this game like a sponge in an ever increasing pool of blood
Kill: Harambey180
Scummy why would you shoot people who haven't spoken at this stage.
In post 288, Iconeum wrote: I don't like the overexplanation you provide
Sidenote, why do people scum read overexplanation? I feel like I'm missing an obvious point on that but I've never really got it

There are entire pages of this game that are zero analysis I hate it (page 13 I'm looking at you)
In post 326, Creature wrote:Recommended shots:
Chickadee, Momrangal, Not_Mafia, Davsto, Austerity, randomidget, Kokichi Oma, SnarkySnowman, Vaxkiller, light_ganski, Theta Alpine, katokashi, Archwing, wingedcatgirl, Gammagooey, ooba

Updates: Removed Bins (and the already dead)
In post 327, Creature wrote:Though, it's more likely just half of the players there are scum.
Already said how much I dislike just listing the inactive players to shoot. SCUMHUNT PLS.
In post 336, Ausuka wrote:I kinda wanna dayvig Lovebird. Should I dayvig Lovebird?
No but his early stuff doesn't fill me with confidence (I'll come back to that)
In post 377, Lovebird wrote:Someone said I used my shot randomly, not true. I scumread ank.
Not good enough, why did you scumread him. Analysis before kills please
In post 397, Davsto wrote:I could also show some meta to display how this is fairly NAI for me especially earlygame, or that setup spec and similar are arguably a way of scumhunting, but regardless of those your read is bad simply through the fact that the entire type of "scum have to fake scumhunting" reads are basically not relevant in multiball+traitor games.
Anyone saying "this is NAI for me" rubs me up the wrong way: if it is anyone could find that out from meta so why can't someone else point that out? JUst a minor concern though
In post 411, Srceenplay wrote: In my opinion it’s not a normal game of mafia. More like a party game to kill the time.
FOS Srceenplay
stop being anti-town, actually partake or don't bother

The worst being bulletproof might indicate traitor if it's multiball considering that the traitor that already flipped had a bulletproof but I'll confess that's only a suspicion
In post 434, Austerity wrote:Probably time to share what I was thinking. Scum have a LOT more to lose by getting shot than town do. So I think the PRICKS are likely to contain at least a few scum, probably more especially if there are multiple teams.

Gonna go back and look at the circumstances surrounding people joining. I may be willing to take a shot in there even knowing that it will get me shot-- although I'll definitely discuss and not just yoloherotime it. (Because that has worked out so well thus far.)
Part one definitely, but that still doesn't merit a shot that hasn't been voted on. Thank you for being pro-town and saying you'd discuss it though (townpoints for you)
In post 449, Austerity wrote:Well, it shows that you prioritized humor over avoiding getting seen as scum.

That's something worth noting.
Is this townie though? Considering the number of people not wanting to take this game seriously I actually don't think so... by not putting up, she's not risking anything if she's scum
In post 451, Austerity wrote: I think it's a lot closer to removing a target on your head, the target being the threat of a random kill. Discussion-based kills are a lot closer to lynches which is something you can actually fight; if you get randomkilled, there's nothing you can do.

And just because town lolshooting isn't working out... doesn't mean they're going to stop doing it.
I actually quite like your point here, discussion kills are better but at least you actually care about finding scum.
In post 474, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 468, the worst wrote:Are you town srceen?
Everyone is town
:facepalm:
In post 499, SnarkySnowman wrote:Really didn't expect to live... I guess someone saved me???? :/

tempted to vengeance shoot Vax but I don't know if that's actually a helpful thing to do.
Obvious scum bluff would vote if he wasn't already dead
In post 532, Taly wrote: In the same breath, I'm pretty aggravated with the game state. :igmeou: I feel like there's only a margin of people going with the voting idea, and I'm getting tired of being written off as
"too helpful"
or anything along the lines of being suspected because I'm putting in
EFFORT
Can we please have more of you? <3
In post 533, Not_Mafia wrote:22 pages fuck me
Comes in, says nothing does nothing. Please contribute

Agreed with Ausuka's assertion (post 547) that it's a multiball, which increases the possibility that the other bulletproof was another traitor? (the worst right?) Then again 3+ bulletproofs isn't unrealistic.
In post 547, Ausuka wrote: But right now, if I want anyone dead, it'd be Srceenplay. The gimmick where he insists we're all town just feels like a fake scum thing to me. It's overdone and he has far more conviction in it than what I think any townie should realistically have to the point where it's totally unnatural. Like, is a real thought? It's basically Srceenplay engaging with the game normally except he adds "OH YEAH BTW WE'RE ALL TOWNIES LOL" at the end. Like, why write this as town who legitimately believes that we're all echo bay citizens? It'd be interesting to see what he does when he realises that he was wrong about us all being townies, in any case.
Townpoints for you
In post 548, StefanB wrote:I completly agree with the shot of Srccenplay, please someone do it!!!!
Why not do it yourself, after all you aren't in PRICKS... could be him just wanting someone else to take the fall if it goes wrong
IGMEOY

In post 570, Taly wrote:
In post 560, Srceenplay wrote:
shoot:mom

YOLO
1)
You've made no assertion at all about any of the BP claims.
2)
Thanks for ignoring me, and
Vax/TW
for being sensible, and
StefanB/Ausuka
for directing a post about you.
3)
You've already used your shot, so this is a borderline shitpost.

VOTE: Screenplay

If anyone wants a shot on
Screenplay
, I encourage votes here. I'm still pushing for the Vote Count idea even though
Sando
and
StefanB
are the only people that's recognized its existence.
Happy to join people on this, have made my point about his anti-town play already
In post 570, Taly wrote:
Not_Mafia
also posted in other places before even daring to look at this thread. His debut post was unbelievably underwhelming.
1)
Do you have a strategy for the town to go about this gamestate, or do you agree/disagree with the ones stated? Why?
2)
Thoughts on shooters that are alive?
Remember playing with him before I left this site for a while, might not be AI for him but I'd really like to see more as well
In post 573, Davsto wrote:
In post 570, Taly wrote:Also, I don't think it's known whether or not being BP is AI? I highly doubt it is, so I'm iffy here.
Maybe it's just sorta the fact that my theory for Mom!scum involved them being BP and they turned out BP that's making me see it as a bit of a confirmation so maybe it has the potential to be a little biased. I still think they're scummy regardless. It's just a final little bit that settles it for me yk?
Definitely confbias but I see your point, gonna ISO him once I'm done with this post
In post 584, Sando wrote:
In post 580, the worst wrote:But being anti or sceptical of PRICKS
for good ressons
is probs towny
I'm not seeing a lot of this though, mostly just "zomg scum could join".
Townpoints for you too
In post 598, the worst wrote:
In post 589, Sando wrote:
In post 585, the worst wrote:NOPE
What then? If we leave it up to whoevers online then the scum in the block are gonna just flake out on using their kills, admittedly a tell but not one I'm really confident on reading. We could vote on the shooter I guess, but admin, urgh. I mean it matters not D1, but I think we should have a process in place for D2 onwards.
Literally anti town and anti WANKERS for me to explain in more detail rn :oops: sorry.
How do you suggest PRICKS decide on who kills? (I do get why this is though)
In post 611, Lovebird wrote:
In post 572, light_ganski wrote:I don't think so...?
This gal's giving me bad vibes on the basis that he's scum-reading people trying to implement ordered, townie strategies.
You misread. Ank said it was fluff. That was me disagreeing.
Ah thanks for clearing that up
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Momrangal »

IM A MOM FOR CRYING OUT LOUD I CANT BE A HE
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Don't tell people what they can't be
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 622, Almost50 wrote:Everyone else is NUL, except for Ooba & srceen
In post 623, Almost50 wrote:Btw, the majority of scum
probably haven't shot anyone yet
. This is because they do not want to accidentally shoot one of their own. (Taly's helped a lot, because I never actually read the sign-up thread post. I was invited and gladly accepted).
Everyone is null except for screen.
Scum haven’t shot
Wow I’m damned if I do damned if I don’t. All the while you can have it both ways.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 625, Sando wrote:
In post 623, Almost50 wrote:This is because they do not want to accidentally shoot one of their own.
Wat? Surely they know their own. If there's 2+ scum factions, surely they'd be ok with shooting the other faction too, at least now that the idiocy regarding "we're all townies" is over.
The way I read it is that neither the traitor knows the member(s) of their faction, nor do they know of the traitor's identity. There's also a chance that there are more than one traitor belonging to the same faction, so there's always a chance someone's gonna get shot by mistake.

If I was scum (whether it be main scum of traitor) I'd be waiting to see if my fellow scumsters are trying to signal anything out before I go shooting anyone. It also helps that the main faction members will get a nightkill too, so they will try to identify their own traitor to shoot them at night. In other words, scum wouldn't want to shoot someone they think is scum by day, because that might be one of their own. Instead they'd shoot them at night. If it's their traitor they get fully recruited. If it's not they have shot the competition.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 624, Almost50 wrote:Oh, and PLEASE read to comprehend before you ask (for example, I anticipate someone saying "but srceen has already shot someone so how come you SR him?")
Lol
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Not only did Srcreen shot someone but he pretended to shoot someone else so why is he scum 50?
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Momrangal »

~~
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

I should say I already have two people in mind to shoot tomorrow and the majority of you probably won’t like it.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 627, Momrangal wrote:IM A MOM FOR CRYING OUT LOUD I CANT BE A HE
If Arnold can do it, so can any other man! :P

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 626, light_ganski wrote:I get this on the basis of not being able to extract information in these situations, but kills should still eb agreed on by the group if possible
I'll answer both your questions here:

Firstly, I don't think we do anything about the mod activity, merely get a record out there on when they're active vs inactive.

As to the second point about shooting back at opportunistic kills post-resolve, my fear is that in later days scum are going to draw up a kill-list and just run through it to win the game. They can co-ordinate within themselves and know the mod activity, and they can artificially create their own end-game. 5 scum and 7 town left, scum just shoot 5 times in a row and we're left with 5 scum and 2 town, nothing townies can do at that point in time.

To stop this, the only option is to break the cycle, town need to be on top of it and kill the over-eager submitter, without waiting for everyone to get on board with it, since that'll take too long and scumplan comes to fruition.

Not something to be concerned about D1 I don't think, but something town need to keep in mind in later days.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 632, Momrangal wrote:Not only did Srcreen shot someone but he pretended to shoot someone else so why is he scum 50?
Because he is. he is playing o his scum meta. he has been outright lying to town and misleading us all (claiming we are all town is either an outright lie or a troll that does match his scum meta), he pretended to shoot you (which is again misleading the town, and a
possible attempt to protect you from being shot again
, so this makes him a scumster looking for his faction's traitor, and thinking you might be it.

P.S. If you're town, you're dead tonight, and it's srceen (or his buddy) that are likely to shoot you. The other faction(s) if any won't bother because you're either dead anyway or will be recruited and then they can shoot you tomorrow for town cred.

Thank you

Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 637, Almost50 wrote:P.S. If you're town, you're dead tonight, and it's srceen (or his buddy) that are likely to shoot you. The other faction(s) if any won't bother because you're either dead anyway or will be recruited and then they can shoot you tomorrow for town cred.
Causing winfom. Who’s antitown now?

Show me my scum meta. I sure would like to see it.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I did. I asked you specifically about it too, and you admitted to be playing the same way. ;)

hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by hebichan »

Are you planning to shoot me screen? Cause right now that's the worst person to shoot for me. Anyhow.

Should I shoot screen y/n?
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Yes.

More blood
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by hebichan »

Kill:screenplay

IT is done.
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by light_ganski »

'Twas for the best.
In post 636, Sando wrote:
In post 626, light_ganski wrote:I get this on the basis of not being able to extract information in these situations, but kills should still eb agreed on by the group if possible
As to the second point about shooting back at opportunistic kills post-resolve, my fear is that in later days scum are going to draw up a kill-list and just run through it to win the game. They can co-ordinate within themselves and know the mod activity, and they can artificially create their own end-game. 5 scum and 7 town left, scum just shoot 5 times in a row and we're left with 5 scum and 2 town, nothing townies can do at that point in time.

To stop this, the only option is to break the cycle, town need to be on top of it and kill the over-eager submitter, without waiting for everyone to get on board with it, since that'll take too long and scumplan comes to fruition.

Not something to be concerned about D1 I don't think, but something town need to keep in mind in later days.
Thanks for the explanation, and I now agree, but only on later days. Today/probably tomorrow we'll ensure the maximum of discussion.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 640, hebichan wrote:Are you planning to shoot me screen? Cause right now that's the worst person to shoot for me. Anyhow.

Should I shoot screen y/n?
Nope. Not shooting you.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 639, Almost50 wrote:I did. I asked you specifically about it too, and you admitted to be playing the same way. ;)
Bah
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 642, hebichan wrote:
Kill:screenplay

IT is done.
Nope
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 641, Momrangal wrote:Yes.

More blood
Didn’t you just question a scum read on me?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 643, light_ganski wrote:Twas for the best.
Good bye.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Scum go quiet waiting for my flip?