Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Taly »

In post 727, Chickadee wrote:
In post 724, Taly wrote:1) Chickadee, are you going to do anything beyond going off other people's reads and shading responses without establishing yourself a strong presence in this game?
I shot A50 for my own reasons, thanks.

It just happened to be that other people also wanted to see him dead.
Cool. I didn't see those reasons from you independently. Mind telling me them?
In post 728, Austerity wrote:Taly, I'm pretty sure your issue with Srceenplay is primarily playstyle.

I don't actually think he's more likely to play this way as scum; in fact, his commitment to the joke claim that we're all town is something I'm not sure if scum would do.
Yeah, and I completely disagree with this assessment, and
ONCE AGAIN; WHY DO PEOPLE GIVE READS WITHOUT EXPLANATIONS
?

It's no secret that half of the playerlist either scumreads or nullreads
Screen
, so if you think any reason he's being scumread is invalid,
SAY SOMETHING

Screenplay
has worked the angle of riling up people in the game and pushing them to make rash decisions and generally working to manipulate others. He's made no attempt to gamesolve unless it is literally pushed to him, and he's displayed little conscience in regards to his shot, and all this is barely counting the bullet points I've stated already.

He also never claimed the BP to my understanding, and in accordance to the rest of his gameplay, I don't understand his motivation other than him baiting people, which given our dead players list, is not an optimal mindset for town.

So if you're going to sit here and tell me my issue with him is based on his playstyle
AFTER
I've blown my shot on him,
then SPEAK UP

By the way, if you want to talk about my scumreads;
WHAT ARE YOURS?

In post 744, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 724, Taly wrote:MURDER: SCREENPLAY

1) Actively misleads the town with faking that he was truthfully shot. 560 648
2) Does not even help anyone who's trying to acquire anything resembling a read on him. 679
3) Nobody is elaborating on their townread over him. {BBmolla}
4) Doing nothing but anti-town behaviors unapologetically, and not engaging with the people questioning him. {Ausuka, StefanB}
5) Fakes that he has no clue how the game works even with information presented. 474 677
6) His reasons for wanting someone to be shot are understated.
7) Has asked almost no questions at all to help other people understand the game, or expand on his read progression 659
8) First half of his presence in game, he has ignored scumhunting or even townhunting. 301
You really are trying to force a scum read on me.
You can’t say you are scum hunting if you are calling me scum.
My antics are far from some scum trying to stay hidden and having to be hunted.
I’m more of Lynch bait. The thing is I don’t like getting lynched so maybe I’m just scum bait.
Scum trying to look for an easy opportunity to jump on some one. That’s because they aren’t scum hunting. They are lynch hunting. So keep it up. You doing a fine job.
Am I really? I've made my thoughts clear about you and I've seen very little reason to consider your mentality in this game to come from town. You can discredit my push without addressing my statements or giving me explanations for your thoughts/reads in this game, but I've seen nothing to indicate your behavior is town.
In post 748, Ausuka wrote:I guess we need another Srceenplay shot. I really do think he's BP scum and I don't get TRs in him. Bins was a bad shot.

Also, I know I have some questions I haven't unanswered, I'm just not in the right mental state for mafia today. I'll respond tomorrow.
With the past few pages, do you have anymore insights about new townreads or scumreads?
In post 755, Momrangal wrote:Also, sorry Taly this game is to big I'll probably try tomorrow when there's more presented info
I'll be waiting.
In post 771, TheBrie wrote:
Taly wrote:
the worst
- Engages... :facepalm: ****ing do not shoot this to see if Town have BP....
Brie
I won't. I'm not stupid enough to shoot likely town to prove a point. Rather shoot myself than the worst.

To gain anymore information about BPs in general, I'd go shoot srceenplay or Mom. But neither of them are going to fall afoul of PRANKERS due to their shots already being gone.
I like this response, you're thinking before you act and this is a rare quality in this game.

What are your thoughts in depth about
Screen
and
Mom
, and do you have an opinion for or against shooting either?
In post 785, Austerity wrote:There's also me, random, and Archwing.

I'm almost ready to shoot. Just waiting on one more thing.
And that is?
In post 831, the worst wrote:I need someone to rage kill

Taly/Sando who am I rageshooting
About to post an entire list of my pools; I recommend a shot in the "scumreads", if you have any disagreements with my town or scumreads, then talk to me.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 2:57 am

Post by Taly »

Recap of the last 5 Pages:

>
I shoot
Screen
>
Screen
is revealed to be a BP.
>
Theta, Brie, Vax
display very towny approaches, and they gear themselves directly to lists and analysis of the game.
>Mom
and
Dav
have a back-and-forth if I'm reading correctly.
>
Hebichan
lolshoots
Creature
; the person most of the townies have townblocc'ed... and of course, he flips town. :facepalm:
>
Theta
autoshoots
Creature
>
Hebichan
... flips town?

...I have no words. :/ I'm actively working to not get upset because that's obviously not working here... just like my other approaches in this game.

~~~

Here are my lists, I think at this point, everyone should be working to make lists and discussing their reads while the ones who HAVEN'T shot will explain THEIR reads as well.

Town needs to be in sync ASAP; we're becoming dangerously close to a bloodbath in D2 literally making this a town loss. :(

Shooting Here Warrants An Auto-Shot - My Personal Townbloc + More Confident Reads

Sando
- Worked to townbloc; literally gives reads and explains why they're pushing for their stances.
Theta
- Does not buy into the "mob mentality" this playerlist loves when it comes to discussing reads and pushing them; also gives fair analysis and provides thoughts in depth while cultivating a strategy for town.
TheBrie
- I was originally skeptical; but I know am seeing that she is thinking deeply about their reads and is working to solve the game with as minimal chaos as possible.
Vaxkiller
- Probably the most genuine player in this game, and is working with other townmembers to solve it.
the worst
- Engages, and cooperates with townreads; thinks about their reads before acting upon them.
light_ganski
- Deep analysis of the game, and is not becoming very attentive to those responding to them and the current gamestate.
StefanB
- Working to solve the game through talking to the other townies about their stances and provides some less common opinions that I appreciate.
Ausuka
- I can empathize with their frustration and I they've made attempts to understand the game. I don't understand the suspicion placed on them.

Do Not Want Shot Today/Need More Time To Sort - Less Confident Reads

Davsto
- Want to sort him and Mom out in a different post, I'm not sure about the scumreads they have for each other either way.
Archwing
- Needs to post more and give updates on thoughts, I haven't anything worrisome or noteworthy.
wingedcatgirl
- Very similar sentiment with the above; I think there are more people that deserve focus.
Nero Cain
- Replaced in relatively late in this dayphase, I am withdrawing judgment until they post, and I want to give them time for their read formation.

Waffling/Uncertain Reads - Less Confident Reads

Austerity
- Seems relatively ineffective and waits around for things to happen to comment on them.
BBmolla
- Who? Oh wait, why?
Chickadee
- I had an original townread, but that's disintegrating with their lack of insights into the game.
randomidget
- I don't understand the scumreads here, and I'm going to reevaluate this.
Lovebird
- Their presence in this game has mostly been attributed to undermining someone else's read; I don't understand their viewpoint.
Momrangal
- I feel like they're a bit complacent with general chaos, but with the towns current gameplay.... I honestly don't think that's a scumtell. I also think town is more likely to claim BP but I'm unsure.
GammaG
- Literally take the reasons for my
Austerity
and
BBmolla
read, and mash them together.

Recommended Shots + More Confident Reads

Screenplay
- Read my last several posts.
Iconeum
- I've never heard "overexplanation" used as a scumtell come from town. I also wanted to see
Varsoon's
scumread on them but that was never fucking possible.
Not_Mafia
- Horrible random shot, displays no care for the gamestate and I feel like if ANY lurker is scum, he would be my first guess.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 3:00 am

Post by Taly »

In post 848, Chickadee wrote:
In post 847, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 846, Chickadee wrote:Well I guess that means I will die soon.

@thebrie not mafia is a known troll and plays to troll. He will shoot on a whim regardless of reasons. This kind of game was probably just calling his name for the lols
you are actually the closest to policy in that list
since you were in prankers but did not follow the rules

i think sando would be the person who decides what happens in that case though
Well Nero wants to kill me in every game we’re in together. So you’ll probably see my flip here soon.

And I announced I was going to shoot a50. It should not have come as a surprise, and no one tried to stop me.
:facepalm: .... Was the to discredit
Nero
, or for you to just resign from giving reads by saying you'll die soon?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 3:06 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 570, Taly wrote:
1)
Can you explain
TheBrie
scumread? I'm having a hard time reading multiple people in this game and I'm working to fix that.
1) there's very, very likely scum joining the PRICKS bloc and she seems to be a likely candidate.
2) Her saying random shots are scummy is :igmeou: :igmeou: :igmeou:
3) She assumes Srceen isn't scum in for really weird reasons.
In post 570, Taly wrote:
2)
What makes you think
Bins and BBmolla
are likely town? I haven't seen a lot of content from
Bins
and I forgot
BBmolla
was playing this game...
I kinda understand where Bins is coming from + toneread. That's already flipped town though so w/e. My molla read is reversed now because the PGO claim is very likely to be scum IMO. I'd still like Srceen dead though, so I'm not going to push that read or the Brie one.
In post 570, Taly wrote:
3)
What do you think about the lurkers in general in this type of game? I agree with the idea that lurkers in this setup are more likely anti-town because it's survivalistic not to throw yourself into a fray where you could get killed.
I would tend to agree with that idea. It's hard to sort between town and scum lurkers, though.

As an aside; can we please not have any shots like Creature ever again? Literally everyone towny was townreading him for good reasons and the shot from hebi was totally ???. I'd prefer it if other townies avoided doing things like that.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Ausuka »

Also... where is suspicion being placed on me? I thought I was a relatively universal townread, and I haven't really been fustrated, apart from the bad shots on Bins and Creature.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 3:13 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 834, Sando wrote: I'll try again with PRICKS tomorrow, atm town have decided that shooting themselves and being edgelords is the best course of action, not much I can do unfortunately.
Yeah, because actually using the mechanics of this game and strying to kill scum is "being (an) edgelord." What have you done to advance the town wincon, anyway? All you've done is protect players who either wouldn't have been shot without severe repurcussions anyway, or are very possible scum. Get off your high horse.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 850, Taly wrote:Cool. I didn't see those reasons from you independently. Mind telling me them?
The way he was talking about scum not knowing each other, gave me the vibe he was trying to signal to scum that he was a traitor, or signaling to other potential traitors.

In post 852, Taly wrote:
In post 848, Chickadee wrote:
In post 847, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 846, Chickadee wrote:Well I guess that means I will die soon.

@thebrie not mafia is a known troll and plays to troll. He will shoot on a whim regardless of reasons. This kind of game was probably just calling his name for the lols
you are actually the closest to policy in that list
since you were in prankers but did not follow the rules

i think sando would be the person who decides what happens in that case though
Well Nero wants to kill me in every game we’re in together. So you’ll probably see my flip here soon.

And I announced I was going to shoot a50. It should not have come as a surprise, and no one tried to stop me.
:facepalm: .... Was the to discredit
Nero
, or for you to just resign from giving reads by saying you'll die soon?
If I don't die, I'll be here. I'm not trying to disengage from the game. It's just a fact at this point, Nero scum reads me every game and usually wants me dead. I'm also not trying to discredit him. It's just what I expect from him at this point.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 3:44 am

Post by Gammagooey »

heading to a wedding in a few minutes and really haven't been able to keep up with the game, i think im 5-10 pages behind except for a few things I've skimmed (bbmolla looks town for calling someone out for saying he should be shot but not actually doing it) but that's pretty much all I've been able to parse recently, most of what everyone's doing that I have read I don't think is more alignment-related than personality related

I'll have time to read monday
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 6:38 am

Post by light_ganski »

Okay I'm halfway through my readslist, going out for a couple hours then I'll finish up and post it
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Ausuka »

theory: every BP is a scum 1-shot bulletproof, and that's why we have so little scumflips; we have only ~3 scum in 2 factions, and many of the scum that were shot obviously survived the incident. the BPs so far are srceen, tw and mom, right? I could see all of those players being scum.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:40 am

Post by StefanB »

We don't have only 4 scum in 40 players that would be insane.
I still have a townread on The Worst but I could see bulletproof as somethink scum has and trow in one or two town that have it, too.
What I found intersting is that we don't have seen a strongman the other powerrole until now.
(BBMollas PGO is rubish of course)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Ausuka »

no, the idea is we have 6-8, all town being Vanilla. I think that works. Can you explain to me why duckling/the worst is town?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Chickadee »

In a game designed around everyone shooting everyone every day, scum being the only BPs is an awful idea. I highly doubt that’s the case.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:53 am

Post by StefanB »

I have a townread here for a long time, but looking again trough his iso, the why is a good question.
6-8 would be low, but posible (exspecially 8). The rule of 25 percent sugests 10 so 4 was a bit unbelievable.
On problem if all bulletproof are scum, wouldn't that be too breakable?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Ausuka »

Regardless of whether all BPs are scum or not, Srceenplay needs to die really badly. Taly and I have both explained this, and as God Empress Ausuka the Scumkiller, that's the kill I really want right now.

Refresher; The gimmick where he insists we're all town just feels like a fake scum thing to me. It's overdone and he has far more conviction in it than what I think any townie should realistically have to the point where it's totally unnatural. Like, is a real thought? It's basically Srceenplay engaging with the game normally except he adds "OH YEAH BTW WE'RE ALL TOWNIES LOL" at the end. Like, why write this as town who legitimately believes that we're all echo bay citizens? Also, the way he tries to discredit me (or whatever he was actually trying to do there) in seems borderline nonsensical; I can't just say "can we kill my scumread instead of consesus town" when I'm not prepared to actually play the game? The way he shot Cheeky while actually saying she would flip town is pretty scummy, too. See also: Taly's thoughts on the subject. And by consesus, both of us are town, so~
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 863, StefanB wrote:I have a townread here for a long time, but looking again trough his iso, the why is a good question.
6-8 would be low, but posible (exspecially 8). The rule of 25 percent sugests 10 so 4 was a bit unbelievable.
On problem if all bulletproof are scum, wouldn't that be too breakable?
At the start of the game, it's positive utility; and although it seems weird at first, it can literally never be negative utility. Even if getting shot confirms you as scum, so does dying; the BP allows you to a) waste a town dayvig shot and b) get a chance to get your own kill in on an obvious townie. IMO, it's fairly plausible.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I didn't join this game right off b/c its kinda a troll game. I had wanted to replace in and just shoot someone that I don't really like but all those slots are already dead. Is anyone besides Taly going to be super against a Sando shot?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Ausuka »

I would request that you don't do that. I'm not going to call Sando locktown because he isn't at this point but I think there are many, many better shots in this game.
Can you give thoughts on {Srceenplay, momrangal, BBmolla, the worst} please? Or if nothing else just Srceen.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Screen is supposedly conf scum or so said Tally up there. I'll ISO the others in a sec.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Ausuka »

From what you've already said about Sando I don't believe you value Taly's reads that highly and I legitimately do want to hear what you have to say about him. He is not literally confirmed scum, if that's what you think.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 869, Ausuka wrote:From what you've already said about Sando I don't believe you value Taly's reads that highly and I legitimately do want to hear what you have to say about Srceen. He is not literally confirmed scum, if that's what you think.
^this is probably needed to make the post not a pronoun mess.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't but doesn't mean I think Taly is a moron.

he said

">Screen is revealed to be a BP."

So I assumed there was a mechanical guilty.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Ausuka »

No, that means he's revealed to be (presumably 1-shot) Bulletproof. I think it's fairly likely BP -> scum anyway but that's pretty much irrelevant for now.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 9:10 am

Post by StefanB »

We know that two powerroles exist, BP and strongman.
One BP has flipped, it was a scumtraitor.
Screen, the Worst and Mom have been shoot and not died (mom claimed it beforehead)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

danke

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”