Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 9:33 am

Post by davesaz »

EBWOP I'll argue against dangerous misuse -- harmless misuse should get a pass to discourage discussion.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 9:49 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 598, davesaz wrote:If you're paying attention then it's clear from context.
Further details are better left for much later.
Do you mean Almost50's behaviour that lead him to replace out or him claiming he chose neighbouriser? Because if it's neither of those then it might not be as clear you think.
I mostly just lurk now.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 10:03 am

Post by the worst »

Sup Davesaz. You town?
The Janitor
The Janitor
Townie
The Janitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 10:33 am

Post by The Janitor »

Hi dave, and
bon courage
Beefster, hope all turns out well. My catch up until this point, but I'm going to sleep soonish, so chances are I have another 5 pages to read tomorrow...

Spoiler: Final part of catching up... before going to sleep
More high quality post walls coming up
In post 452, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:For the PURPOSE of the RECORD, Janitor, my INITIAL INTELLECTUAL INTUITION is that your IDENTITY is Something_Smart ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ "
Sorry to disappoint, but no ب_ب
In post 469, Mathdino wrote:i can't work with the way ircher is gathering his reads

and if he wasted about a page responding to each of my posts trashing it, i don't have enough respect for that kind of play to really work together with it
idk but isn't this more a case of "suck it up"? Why would town just plainly want to ignore someone who *can be* town? Sure he's scummy but nothing's confirmed yet I'd think.
In post 490, Almost50 wrote:Let's ruin this game because I'm playing with a bunch of nutters.
Uhhhh.... Good excuse?
In post 528, Taly wrote:3) 429 and 520 is an extremely expansive analysis, almost post-by-post, of someone's reads. Unless Ircher is doing his very best to dictate the perception in this thread - which I extremely doubt he's doing, given there's almost no defense for his wagon - tells me that his effort is coming from a sympathetic and individualistic standpoint.
I'm really unsure how to interpret this (Ircher's lists, not your comment). On one hand it's very well possible scum!Irch is fighting an uphill battle wanting to look townie but on the other hand it might just as well be town!Ircher trying to prove himself. Others, what do you think of this? Can you associate it to either alignment and/or tell me why it doesn't fit one of the alignments?
In post 530, Mathdino wrote:ALL scumhunting is luck.
Hard disagree, weak defense I guess. Well I guess there's always a luck factor but setupspec-scumhunting is way different in that aspect from scumhunting by actions in the game, I feel.
In post 538, Mathdino wrote:"WELL SCUM COULD'VE DONE IT!"
Well then is this really a weak argument
when it's actually possible

In post 547, Mathdino wrote:Scum motivation: Looking like town without having to take responsibility for actions this game because no one's going to read word he writes and he isn't attempting to influence the gamestate.
Wouldn't scum!Irch be hoping and/or thinking that town would actually listen to his reads when he posts them this elaborately? Thereby gaining responsibility? Besides if his motivation is to look town I feel that would require people to appreciate and read his posts/walls. I feel this doesn't quite fly.
In post 547, Mathdino wrote:You don't fucking spoiler your reads list if you want it to affect the game.
How is this relevant at all to someone's intentions or alignment
I spoiler these posts because otherwise it takes everyone else in this thread a full hour to scroll past them
In post 550, Taly wrote:Please, stop degrading and mocking my insights.
If only everyone on this site would read this message, yes thanks and let's continue. Seriously.
In post 555, Mathdino wrote:Janwagon: Icon null-town, Beefster probtown, Ircher likely scum onwagon.
What about the people that were on my wagon at its peak? Don't recall who they were exactly but eh
In post 558, Mathdino wrote:ITT: people give me shit by claiming that my reads are entirely based around setup spec/the draft and ignore anything outside of math

while A50 proposes a scumteam literally solely based on the draft
Yeah I'm no fan of that

But I don't see any reason for any alignment to pull shit like that. Like it's gonna land you suspicion anyway and who wants that at this point? :shifty:

seems to me as a good townie post with both information and reads/analysis.
In post 584, mutantdevle wrote:Vig is exactly 50/50 out of 8 games. But I do think scum would rather have a vig than vengeful.
See this is why I don't do setup spec :lol: :lol:
In post 587, Lovebird wrote:Ausuka making the one big post where she goes from scumreading ircher to townreading him is weird. If you read through and change your mind before post is finished, why do you include first parts in the first place.
This actually shows organic progression I'd think, no? I'd reckon that's beneficial for town rather than not. It's opening up.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 10:38 am

Post by the worst »

Gimme some strong reads where youre at Janny?
The Janitor
The Janitor
Townie
The Janitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 10:49 am

Post by The Janitor »

I was gonna do a fancy list but my internet just stopped working. The elevator pitch version of it all is Taly and Aukuka seem town. A50 scumlean. Math somewhat of a scumlean. Duckie seems town too. Yessiree scumlean. SIMYK townlean. All in no particular order, just the order in which the names came up in me
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:06 am

Post by the worst »

Yessiree? Rly
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:13 am

Post by yessiree »

Myloninja13 replaces Beefster.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:14 am

Post by yessiree »

VC 1.10

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

The Janitor (3) -
Iconeum, Myloninja13, Ircher
Ircher (3) -
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis, Mathdino, mutantdevle,
Lalendra (3) -
Ausuka, the worst, Taly
Ausuka (2) -
Lovebird, brassherald
Iconeum (1) -
davesaz

Not voting
- Lalendra, The Janitor

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-05-15 20:00:00)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:14 am

Post by the worst »

Howdy Mylo o7 are you town?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:21 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 602, the worst wrote:Sup Davesaz. You town?
Yes, I'm town.
Is asking people their alignment the worst way to get reads?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 am

Post by the worst »

In post 610, davesaz wrote:
In post 602, the worst wrote:Sup Davesaz. You town?
Yes, I'm town.
Is asking people their alignment the worst way to get reads?
I'd say the worst way to get reads is a coinflip.
Asking people their alignment is right 60%+ of the time.

What kind of question is that? :lol:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:23 am

Post by the worst »

...omg I just got the joke.
sorry dude. sure is. xD welcome
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Ircher »

:
The Janitor (5) - Mathdino, Almost50, Iconeum, Beefster, mutantdevle

No real counterwagons; there is I guess Almost50 with 2 votes (SYMIK andd Brass) that was at three votes at the votecount.

:
The Janitor (4) - Almost50, Iconeum, Beefster, Ircher
Ircher (3) - SYMIK, Mathdino, mutantdevle

Also want to note that The Worst and Ausuka were on my wagon at some point between and .

Janitor's wagon has been around for quite some time, and never really dissolved.

:
The Janitor (3) - Iconeum, Beefster, Ircher
Ircher (3) - SYMIK, Mathdino, mutantdevle,
Lalendra (3) - Ausuka, the worst, Taly
Ausuka (2) - Lovebird, brassherald
Iconeum (1) - Almost50/davesaz

Not voting - Lalendra, The Janitor

So basically, there are no clear scumreads at this point and the game is basically at a standstill.

We have The Janitor wagon which has basically been here the entire game, and I don't think anyone has even once tried to derail the wagon directly. That kinda makes me uncomfortable about the wagon. I'm fine with Iconeum on the wagon but not so sure about Beefster.

Next, we have my wagon. I'm pretty sure Mathdino and mutant are not going to be moving off it anytime soon and while they do scumread me, I'm not sure how much is based off a general scum vibe from me and how much is because they did not like my entrance (not my first post but the subsequent ones) and do not like my personality/playstyle.

Then, we have the Lalendra wagon. At least two players that I more or less townread are on it... But I'm not sure if it will get anywhere. Like, I agree that Lalendra hasn't done much, but what is this wagon accomplishing?

Okay, now I find the Ausuka wagon a bit weird. Like, both Lovebird and brassherald haven't been in the game thread that much, and they seem quite comfortable on a wagon that hasn't and probably isn't going to go anywhere. Lovebird has been on it since , when a lot of people were on The Janitor's wagon. Brassherald joined by (which is admittedly a wide gap, but I do think that is around the time Brass started posting). They haven't moved off it since, and I don't think they have done a huge job of articulating exactly why they are on it to begin with.

It is also puzzling why Almost50 switched from voting themselves earlier to voteparking (perhaps the wrong word to use--too strong--but I'm using anyway) on Iconeum. I'm pretty sure around 60%-70% of the thread has expressed a strong disapproval of lynching Iconeum in general on D1, so I'm quite confident that I can say that this wagon is going nowhere. I'll have to go back, find, and reread the post where A50 switches vote though to see why they joined.

Finally, we have Lalendra and The Janitor not voting. Did lalendra ever express any kind of weekend V/LA (I mean, I would ask the same of brassherald, but they are at least voting) because there lack of presence is quite noticable. I feel they ought to have some kind of opinion by this point in the game. I know The Janitor has reads, and they have been working at catch up... But again, why are you not voting at the present time? I feel like I ought to give The Janitor the benefit of the doubt though--maybe they have been spending so much time catching up that they have not been able to spend some time to really consolidate their reads.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:37 am

Post by the worst »

In post 613, Ircher wrote:Then, we have the Lalendra wagon. At least two players that I more or less townread are on it... But I'm not sure if it will get anywhere. Like, I agree that Lalendra hasn't done much, but what is this wagon accomplishing?
Come find out with us? :)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:39 am

Post by the worst »

Who expressed discomfort with lynching Iconeum D1 in partucular? o.0

I think he's more towny this time but thst is a weird thing to say and doesn't sound familiar...
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Ircher »

I am almost certain Mathdino expressed discomfort (primarily for setup-related reasons, but that's beyond the point), and I'm pretty sure that someone else did as well, but maybe I am wrong in that respect.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Ircher »

Activity Overview as of 6:36 PM EDT on May 6:

the worst May 03, 08:27pm May 06, 06:23pm 0 days 0 hours 110
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis May 03, 10:10pm May 05, 11:28pm 0 days 19 hours 95
Mathdino May 03, 08:28pm May 06, 06:56am 0 days 11 hours 92
Almost50 May 03, 08:40pm May 06, 01:36pm 0 days 4 hours 73
mutantdevle May 04, 12:51pm May 06, 04:49pm 0 days 1 hour 61
Ircher May 04, 07:15am May 06, 06:35pm 0 days 0 hours 42
The Janitor May 04, 01:29am May 06, 05:49pm 0 days 0 hours 28
Lovebird May 03, 08:26pm May 06, 02:53pm 0 days 3 hours 24
Iconeum May 04, 01:54am May 04, 01:37pm 2 days 4 hours 20
yessiree Apr 30, 10:26am May 06, 06:14pm 0 days 0 hours 20
brassherald May 03, 08:42pm May 05, 09:11am 1 day 9 hours 13
Ausuka May 04, 02:34am May 06, 02:53pm 0 days 3 hours 12
Taly May 04, 08:35am May 06, 10:15am 0 days 8 hours 9
davesaz May 06, 03:13pm May 06, 06:21pm 0 days 0 hours 6
Lalendra May 04, 12:09pm May 04, 04:58pm 2 days 1 hour 6
Beefster May 03, 08:37pm May 06, 03:24pm 0 days 3 hours 3

Well, this is certainly interesting. First off, (and this really isn't that relevant to the game), my post count is a bit lower than I expected (in comparison to the people with the most posts). Perhaps even more surprising is the fact that The Janitor has the next most posts after me. Yeah, I'm really starting to think that lynching the Janitor is something scum wants to happen--no real counterwagons, not a whole lot of opposition, and honestly, not too hard to make a decent case against the Janitor.

So what other stuff does this overview tell us? Well, Beefster, despite having the least number of posts in the thread, seems to have quite a prominent profile. It is really strange, but I think that has to do with his opening post--it was quite notable.

Next, with the second least number of posts are Lalendra and davesaz (who just replaced in, so again, not very surprising). I definitely want more from Lalendra.

Taly has only 9 posts, but most of those posts were longer, so I see no real issue there.
Ausuka has 12 posts, and it would probably help if they had a few more, but they have expressed some notable views, so their activity is fine.

Moving on, we have brassherald with 13 posts. That makes sense--they made a lot of posts in sequence I think at one point and then kinda vanished. Like Lalendra, I really want more from them, and not just more posts--more content as well.

Iconeum has 20 posts, and I think they were V/LA so that's fine. They were fairly active in the early game.

Lovebird has 24 posts, and almost none of them really help me in determining their alignment. That is however primarily a playstyle issue; they do not seem to like to give many explanations for their reads, and it is acceptable I guess (as long as others can read them) even if it is not something I prefer.

Everyone else is pretty much fine as far as activity and content goes.

Yeah, I think I'm really starting to prefer the Lalendra wagon over The Janitor right now...
VOTE: Lalendra
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by yessiree »

Lalendra is prodded.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by brassherald »

Hey, sorry I was missing this weekend, and it's not going to get better right now. Had a busy weekend and have to prep a bit for court in the morning. Figure that's a better was to use the last 3 hours of my day than this, unfortunately.

I am going to UNVOTE: Ausuka because she's made townie posts, though.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Ircher »

Any other thoughts right now, brassherald? Specifically, some reads?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Mathdino »

:good: A VOICE BOOMS FROM ABOVE. :good:

IT SAYS:

"THOU SHALT NOT LYNCH
THAT WHICH CAN BE REPLACED"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by the worst »

can we spook the replacement tho
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 621, Mathdino wrote:
:good: A VOICE BOOMS FROM ABOVE. :good:

IT SAYS:

"THOU SHALT NOT LYNCH
THAT WHICH CAN BE REPLACED"
Just because something can be replaced doesn't mean one should do nothing before then. And Lalendra is no where close to being lynched atm.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 609, the worst wrote:Howdy Mylo o7 are you town?
Yep!

I'll look at this game when I actually have time lol, I was sad I just missed out on getting in. At least I made the replacement queue!

Return to “Completed Open Games”