Fallout Mafia - Commonwealth Edition (Day 8)

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 70, wilky wrote:I mean I brought up the flavour thing and even pointed to which part of the PM it is contained within. As scum I wouldn't know that information if everyone wants me to claim first then that's fine by me.

I was also working off the assumption that there would only be 1 miller tbh and was aiming to catch dave out already but going by what's been said 2 millers is something the mod would definitely do so i'm now beginning to believe both me and dave are millers here.
In post 87, wilky wrote:So we're just assuming that safe claims are given now?
These pinged me as scummy stuff with tmi trying to withhold info. And even without the miller claims I don't really like his tone about the whole miller situation in the first place. Why are you voting Ank? For pressure or because you sr them? I don't think just voting will hurry them up with whatever they're doing.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 109, Ouroboros wrote:WRT Maria, not a fan of her voting with me while simultaneously saying something about how she doesn't like my reasons for voting him
Me saying I don't like your reasoning wasn't me sring you I just think you're voting them for the wrong seasons but your end goal is correct.
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 124, Alchemist21 wrote:VOTE: Ankamius

I know the "do little until later" is kind of your thing, but I would think by now you'd have at least commented on something worthwhile. So got any thoughts to share?
Yes, I don't think the miller claim conversation is going to get anywhere.

But really, I'm waiting on something specific before I start analyzing things. I want to test something.
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

I cut my Alchemist meta dive short when I decided that the specific vibes that I'm getting point more to him being town than scum.
I'm going to go back to it at some point today but I'm comfortable calling him town for now.
Hydra of AnonymousGhost & RadiantCowbells

i can neither live with you nor without you
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

In post 102, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not getting the Wilky hate. Like at all. Why in the world would scum fakeclaim miller to 1v1 a useless powerrole. Everyone on that wagon gets -10 town cred.

What does seem possible to me is that Dave fakeclaims miller and then CC'd.

vote:Dave
This is a terrible viewpoint on the matter
You're acting like the fakeclaim was to 1v1: if Wilky had claimed and I had bloodlust time to murder this fuck who fakeclaimed miller vibes I would have agreed with you.
I got the vibes with Wilky's claim that he was voting Davesaz because he was obligated to and looking for a way to defuse the tension and end with oh we both agree we're both town.

Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

In post 128, Ouroboros wrote:I cut my Alchemist meta dive short when I decided that the specific vibes that I'm getting point more to him being town than scum.
I'm going to go back to it at some point today but I'm comfortable calling him town for now.
I expect this post to be scumread
I did an incomplete dive involving 3 games, the white flag, the scum that was a perfect win immediately before that, and the town that was before that

I definitely vibe his play here more town than scum but I want a more complete picture of his meta before I lock that in and I plan to go back because if the trend continues Alchemist will likely end up being a safe slot to locktown on D1

Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

I'm ngl tho I wanna knee jerk deathtunnel him because his approach to the wilky slot is so scummy but I feel like that's the wrong part of me talking :P

This has all been RC, me and anony haven't actually talked much about this game I'll get her on board with this later.

Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

Also let's be totally clear on what my viewpoint is
My viewpoint is that Wilky IS IN FACT A MILLER BY ROLE. HIS ROLE PM SAYS MILLER.
But he is scum nonetheless.

That is why he claimed miller, having the role, and that is why he immediately gave Davesaz an out to make the situation not a counterclaim.

I get zero vibes from his response that he actually thinks Davesaz is lock scum and the vote felt more of an obligation and that Wilky just wanted to get the situation dealt with.

This is also a completely GIF thing to do, he has put two town millers in multiple previous games and I think it's about time that he screws with that meta by making one scum.

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 125, MariaR wrote:
In post 70, wilky wrote:I mean I brought up the flavour thing and even pointed to which part of the PM it is contained within. As scum I wouldn't know that information if everyone wants me to claim first then that's fine by me.

I was also working off the assumption that there would only be 1 miller tbh and was aiming to catch dave out already but going by what's been said 2 millers is something the mod would definitely do so i'm now beginning to believe both me and dave are millers here.
In post 87, wilky wrote:So we're just assuming that safe claims are given now?
These pinged me as scummy stuff with tmi trying to withhold info. And even without the miller claims I don't really like his tone about the whole miller situation in the first place. Why are you voting Ank? For pressure or because you sr them? I don't think just voting will hurry them up with whatever they're doing.
I can kinda see it with the bolded part there if you see it as having a degree of hesitation to commit to a hard scumread from the counterclaim if he knew he was pushing Town. The more I think about it the more I'm certain that Wilky's play indicates he is indeed a Miller. I suppose the most indicative thing about Wilky here is what motivated him to push Dave for a flavor claim. As a Town Miller, he has every reason to counterclaim Dave and push the flavor claim and try to catch Dave in a lie while assuming there's only 1 Miller while allowing for the possibility of a 2nd Miller. As a scum Miller, he could either just have never claimed Miller or counterclaimed Dave and pushed for the verification to confirm himself as Miller. Regarding the scum possibility, on one hand it does seem to not make sense that he gave Dave the chance to prove he was a 2nd Miller if he didn't even think it was possible before the mod meta was brought up, but on the other hand actually claiming Miller instead of just keeping quiet even if he actually is a scum Miller is opening himself up to the possibility of getting policy lynched or vigged - 2 possibilities that I have to believe his scumbuddies would have warned him about as a scum Miller.

So to me it seems Wilky had reason to not claim Miller if he's scum and every reason to claim if he's Town. While scum can and do fakeclaim Miller (and would by extension see it reasonable for a scum Miller to claim Miller), the odds just point to it being more likely that Town claims over scum. I suppose getting his claim verified could potentially keep the PL/vig away from him if that's something he considered before the claim. Even then it seems like there would need to be a great deal of forethought and calculated risks if he's scum claiming this.

The possiblities keep wavering back and forth in my mind but they keep favoring the Town Wilky scenario more than the scum Wilky one.

The Ank vote's about a 80/20 split between pressure and a scumread.

In post 127, Ankamius wrote:

I know the "do little until later" is kind of your thing, but I would think by now you'd have at least commented on something worthwhile. So got any thoughts to share?

But really, I'm waiting on something specific before I start analyzing things. I want to test something.
Was the Wilky vote part of what you're testing?
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

You're over thinking it.

Someone rolls scum Miller they CC here in exactly that manner because it's the obvious thing to do + not cc'ing at all opens to role cop.

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 132, Ouroboros wrote:Also let's be totally clear on what my viewpoint is
My viewpoint is that Wilky IS IN FACT A MILLER BY ROLE. HIS ROLE PM SAYS MILLER.

That is why he claimed miller, having the role, and that is why he immediately gave Davesaz an out to make the situation not a counterclaim.

I get zero vibes from his response that he actually thinks Davesaz is lock scum and the vote felt more of an obligation and that Wilky just wanted to get the situation dealt with.

This is also a completely GIF thing to do,
he has put two town millers in multiple previous games and I think it's about time that he screws with that meta by making one scum.
Ok so I guess you and Maria are seeing the same thing. But regarding the bolded part, what makes you think GiF would screw with the meta at all? If 2 Town Millers has been the case in multiple previous games, what makes this game more likely to be the exception than the rule?
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE »

VOTE: Ouroborous

I wanna see RC go batshit crazy after getting only like 1 vote lololololol

P-edit holy wallpost batman
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:37 pm

miller talk is dumbass shit lol

are you guys ready to lynch scum or not
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:38 pm

MariaR is probably scum like, totally scum scum

GOAT READS courtesy of ME
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

Given the mod meta which I firmly firmly disbelieve that he was not aware of given his giving him a chance (he obviously didn't see them as lockscum so either he's scum or didn't lock the guy in because he had some reason not to see it as a true CC) claiming Miller makes sense analytically, is the obvious play for him just playing the game out, and is liable to get reactions like yours. He was not ever afraid of getting policy lynched or vigged unless town saw it as a true CC and given that he immediately tried to make it not a true CC by giving himself a reason to townread Davesaz, well, yeah.

Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

In post 135, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 132, Ouroboros wrote:Also let's be totally clear on what my viewpoint is

This is also a completely GIF thing to do,
he has put two town millers in multiple previous games and I think it's about time that he screws with that meta by making one scum.
Ok so I guess you and Maria are seeing the same thing. But regarding the bolded part, what makes you think GiF would screw with the meta at all? If 2 Town Millers has been the case in multiple previous games, what makes this game more likely to be the exception than the rule?
He's not going to do it forever and Willy is just super independently scummy.

Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

I was really hoping only jungle was nancy.

Do you want to have this fight?

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by MariaR »

RC not voting me is weirding me out tbh
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

After our last few games i restarted, meta dove your entire game history again, and switched to reading you off a different tac. There's a reason I locktowned you three posts into the turbo when I was literally the only person townreading you.

If you're scum I'll figure it out if not you get to not have to defend yourself

It'll be great

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

RC's slowly persuading me to the scum Wilky side of things. But as it is I am overthinking a bit and it's past midnight for me and I know I'm not even fully thinking straight right now so I'll revisit this issue again tomorrow with a clearer mind and maybe more insight from other posts.

I also need to do more to try and get stuff from others like I'm doing with Ank because I don't want to end this Day with reads on only 2 or 3 slots so that's on my to do list too.
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by Ouroboros »

I'm NGL I hope you're scum

I'll enjoy it a lot more

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 126, MariaR wrote:
In post 109, Ouroboros wrote:WRT Maria, not a fan of her voting with me while simultaneously saying something about how she doesn't like my reasons for voting him
Me saying I don't like your reasoning wasn't me sring you I just think you're voting them for the wrong seasons but your end goal is correct.
Before I forget, I think this post is a bit problematic. Disagreeing with someone's reasons but disregarding those differences because it's the "correct" target seems like a redflag for someone with a more tunnely mindset. You need to understand and analyze the reasons with people you're voting alongside.

Maybe I'm assuming too much about your style and tendencies but potential Town-tunneling is something I want to address sooner rather than later.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 146, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 126, MariaR wrote:
Before I forget, I think this post is a bit problematic. Disagreeing with someone's reasons but disregarding those differences because it's the "correct" target seems like a redflag for someone with a more tunnely mindset. You need to understand and analyze the reasons with people you're voting alongside.

Maybe I'm assuming too much about your style and tendencies but potential Town-tunneling is something I want to address sooner rather than later.
I don't expect RC to respect my opinion much tbh. I think he got to the answer. I just disagree with how he got there hopefully he doesn't tunnel because well...I don't want to deal with that he knows why. I believe him when he says he tried a new way to read me I'm interested in the result he comes up with I'm most likely not lynching him d1 for at least my curiosity. I do want to get this miller talk done with so we can move on to more productive matters because people are just saying "oh yes I agree" or stating what they think about it. This isn't helping it's not doing anything it's leaving the game state in a stale manner. This doesn't help my new style at all.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 133, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 127, Ankamius wrote:

Was the Wilky vote part of what you're testing?
Nope, it's unrelated to my votes.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 121, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 117, Alchemist21 wrote:
@RC
What did you think was actually scummy about Wilky's reactions?

Claims aside I don't see where he's actually been scummy and I don't know why people are wagoning him beyond the claim.

@Tchill
So you're saying you don't die if you hide behind scum?
correct. So its useless as far as helping town goes from what i can tell.
You can confirm scum if you hide correctly.

Anyhow, moving on.

VOTE: alchemist

I don't like you fishing for tests.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”