Micro 800-A: Double Day Unlimited [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 1:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

Day One, Lynch One

Votecount 1.6

Cogito Ergo Sum (2):
Not_Mafia, Katyusha
Katyusha (3):
RedFlavor, Not_Mafia, Pine
singersinger (1):
Cogito Ergo Sum
Pine (3):
RedFlavor, Not_Mafia, Katyusha
Ausuka (1):
Not_Mafia
RedFlavor (2):
Not_Mafia, Pine
Not_Mafia (2):
Pine, Ausuka

Not Voting (3):
Dunnstral, singersinger, Plotinus

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-05-20 01:00:59)

Mod Notes:
:D
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 4:15 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 173, singersigner wrote:@Dunn...can you elaborate on why didn't you vote in RVS/at all? Scumreads?
No
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 5:25 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 167, singersigner wrote:
In post 123, singersigner wrote:
In post 112, Pine wrote:Cooking rn.

Your tone and behavior around my wagon suggests you know this is an error, which you don't want to be associated with, but are happy to passively encourage.

I'll be done with dinner in an hour or so. Dunn,
kindly withhold hammer for a bit.
In post 120, Pine wrote:Dude, I'm about to be lynched and flipped.

Scum!me self-hammers
and says fuck off, or at least doesn't piss off the one person who's shown any kind of resistance to lynching me.

I've made my peace here, and I'm scumhunting. Sitting down to dinner now, I'll go through every player after dinner.
@Asuka...thoughts on this?
I don't think I got a response to this other than "I think Pine is town now" (which might not have actually been a response to me). I bolded what in particular I'd like your opinion on, Ausuka.
Sorry, I missed this :oops:
I realise Pine himself would be okay with a quickhammer. However, I wouldn't be, and I believe I have made it clear why I think that. I don't really think RF is scum anymore, if the point you want to make is "multiple people wouldn't mind a hammer, it's not just RF" then yes, I've noticed that.
In post 170, Pine wrote:
@Mod: Immediate emergency V/LA. Lady Pine and I about to leave for the hospital to welcome baby Pinecone! Yayyyy! I may or may not check in over the next couple of days, depending on how often I can/need to take a break from being a new dad. Posting should stabilize over the next week or so.

Break out the cigars!
congrats!!!
In post 151, Katyusha wrote:
In post 147, Ausuka wrote:I'm unsure if Pine!scum just accuses of you of cogdis without a basis?
Scum!him thinks he has a basis, I was shaky around his wagon to him (even though I think my stance was pretty clear and not waffly until I changed my read). It's just that the basis doesn't line up with what happened.
but like why does scum!Pine think he has a basis while town!Pine can't be wrong about having a basis? they both require seeing some sort of cogdis, right?
In post 161, Pine wrote:If you think I'm scum, vote me. I gave my reads list, and made my peace. You still didn't vote because you didn't have conviction. Now you're only doing it because your bluff has been called and there's cover to not quickhammer someone who's going to flip as Town and get their reads vindicated.
Why is katy scum for not wanting a quickhammer? I don't want a quickhammer. even if you scumread the player who's getting quickhammered, that doesn't mean you have to want them dead so early.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Pine »

Update: Home from the hospital, baby not quite ready yet. V/LA not rescinded, we could be headed back at practically any time, likely within the next 36 hours.

Full updates in the Speakeasy.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Katyusha »

Before I respond to posts and update my own thoughts in-thread, I'm going to dump Lycan's summary of his thoughts here really fast since we just talked last night and I think it's important to see where I'm coming from emotionally/trajectory-wise rn

Really felt his description of the game as "everyone else is roleplaying as scum" was apt lmfao

In terms of reads, Lycan actually feels that CES is town. He vibed with most of what he was doing and he'd vote in the same places at the same time as him.

He also disagrees with me strongly about singer!town. I'll touch upon this below since I'm going chronologically and he didn't really elaborate until I told him my POV at the time.

We're basically in sync with Ausuka and Dunn. is a townie reach out with me (as is ausuka's attempts at working with me in general), her thought process is just generally honest and Lycan feels she's right about CES/Singer and thus is positively pushing me in the right direction. Lycan felt it was especially important to note it was obvious Ausuka's intentions were to work with me genuinely before she even stated she was trying to work with me. , while the misrep of Singer was iffy, was clearly trying to get me to townread CES in a way that it felt like she cared and was talking with me rather than to me, so to speak. Dunn's he felt was a good way to jog Ausuka's thought process while I was only mostly townreading her for draft reasons, and he pointed this out as an instance where Dunn is trying to work with me (I had noted in our discord that I was shocked Dunn has barely interacted with me). He also thought was the best question to ask singer while he felt she was being self-conscious. I don't really know if I agree with describing singer as self-conscious but I see where he's coming from (though my way of reading dunn tends to be more... soulread-based, where i'd cite and as obvtown dunn posts).

he wrote a whole essay on his pine scumread which i'll bullet real fast
  • he felt was evident of a scum thought process, Pine basically forgot entirely about his n_m scumread just to start a strongarm on me

• Dislikes how his only interactions with Ausuka, like in , are to boost lynch morale on me since Ausuka is still clearly trying to work with me.

• He pointed out that Pine's scumread of me didn't come into place until I thinned out my poe to suspect him in

• There's a dissonance in and in term of how fatalistic Pine is. Lycan says specifically that he might even townread 144 if it wasn't for 142.

• Lycan pointed out that Mastina's read in is incongruous with what she had said about me in her Team Mafia PT. Link here, screenshot courtesy of Edward Cannis. Where has Pine bothered to interact with me to get to Mastina's scumread of me? The only purpose of the posts Lycan and I agree could be considered "interacting with" were posts - were to take wind out of my push. Clearly not motivated by putting any effort to sort me, but to take wind out of my push. I had 10 interactions with Pine, Pine only has 6 with me at the time this was written and they're mostly just answering me. It's passive, not active.

• While Lycan independently scumreads Singer, he felt that comes from bussed scum, where threatening to self-hammer is a middle finger to town. Lycan didn't like that singer unvoted in instead of earlier.

• Disagreed with the "too early to gather sophisticated reads" bit and the Singer's opaqueness read.
As for singer, he noted as "if pine is tonedeaf, singer is blind" which is
:100:
and honestly what started changing my own read. Felt was an attempt to get CES to townread her and thus indicative of them not being aligned. Doesn't like how she goes for what he called "pine's meatball" (apparently this is an expression people use? tbf lycan is like a vampire and probably over 100 years old so maybe back in 1718 they did but this is 2018) in which he felt was like a mindlessly easy post to criticize. Felt was too self-conscious of a response to Dunn, as well. With we argued for probably longer than we should have on whether or not it was townie or scummy. He felt the triple negative was apologetic, I felt it was sassy. Is sassiness town indicative? Is singer a good enough scum player to react like that or is my threshold too low? Sometimes I really hate the way the conversations about these games sound when you actually write them out LMFAO

On another note, congrats Pine! <3

Hope everything goes well for you and your wife and your new baby! Sorry if my callousness has rubbed you the wrong way yesterday btw, I was kind of in a mindset where I felt isolated and didn't really have anyone to fall back on and it just kind of festered into... that. I know that's not a real excuse to be a binch (is anything...?) but yeah.

I liked CES's latest and I'll go into why as I go through all of the posts, so

UNVOTE:

I mostly want to keep my vote on Pine rather than both Pine and singer and maybe even rf, while the morale for a Pine lynch is going down I want my perspective to be seen. I'm not letting this go and if I get roped town is making the promise that Pine goes next.

Deuces.
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 162, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 141, Plotinus wrote:Cogito, how serious was your dunnstral vote in 27?
I was taking the "Hey" as a very lazy scum tell.
In post 143, Katyusha wrote:his last post felt pretty illuminating that he was going nowhere with his pine question
I think you pretty much could've gotten that from the original post.
In post 159, Katyusha wrote:What do you think of the situation CES?
I think mainly that I really appreciate getting to talk to chamber to keep myself sane.

Pine's cogdis point feels pretty off to me (but I wouldn't expect anything else from mastina's team); if I were to give a reason for why you might be scum, it'd be pretty much the opposite - you seem to be commenting a lot about how you stand in relation to other people and how your reads change from a slight remove (e.g. in ). Maybe that's just what you're like but the whole cogdis line of questioning sure feels uninteresting.
Both responses to me are town.

I like the admission he was going nowhere with his question, when scum are asking questions they're generally doing it to emulate scumhunting and thus usually have some sort of planned trajectory in mind. This just feels earnest and town to me.

His assessment of the situation is also probably the most valid take I've seen so far besides my team's. I think scumreading me for that specific reason is reasonable, even Lycan noted he felt some of the reads I made were questionable (obviously singer, and n_m). Unlike Pine, who is going out of his way to paint my trajectory in a way it just... isn't, this is an entirely fair way of seeing things and it's not even his ideal push if his votes are anything to go by.

I agree that the cogdis point on my end is getting kind of trite, but I feel it's the best way to show how Pine isn't actually making any real effort to re-evaluate or scumhunt, he's thinking with an agenda in mind and it's to just mindlessly tunnel me.

Not sure how I want to follow up on this but this post gave me a lot of clarity.
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 165, singersigner wrote:
In post 159, Katyusha wrote:Missed that. He still said that when he was at l-1 though so the point still exists

VOTE: Pine

What do you think of the situation CES?
The point doesn't really stand because at the time you responded, you could've voted if you really wanted to, and even if you had responded before when he
was
at l-1, you never declared intent or preference to vote him.
Again, this is just being blind.

When I first asked Pine if he wanted to be quickhammered, Dunn had already given intent. What the hell is the point of giving a
second
intent when it's already going to happen? And like, I factually did respond with that question originally when he was at L-1. Nothing makes sense about Pine's criticism about not voting for him, and now he's just milking that I missed singer's unvote.
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 168, singersigner wrote:Yeah...probably.
also bop'ing singer here shamelessly
eddie cane
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Pine »

There's no hard feelings, Kat. It's a game.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 169, Not_Mafia wrote:UNVOTE: Singer
UNVOTE: Ploti
UNVOTE: Dunnstral
and for what it's worth this is a town n_m post I think

preferred lynch order rn is like

pine > singer > rf > one of n_m/ces that i'd decide on later or expect town to reevaluate if i'm lynched at some point

for what it's worth im not 100% on ploti being town, if i squint really hard i can see a universe where ali doesn't take a scum pm in a game i'm in since e used to complain about how I constantly tunneled them when I rolled town. I'm assuming that while Ploti doesn't like scum, them winning a Don Corleone is at least indicative of them being capable of taking it if their team tactically needs it. That does require Ali to actually give a shit about what I think or em to not have an ego and think that they can outsmart me or even get me to townread them, so it's more like Ploti is 90% town, but I'd just feel shitty if town lost to a scum!Plot before they really posted anything alignment indicative just because of draft shenanigans. I don't have a real reason to townread Plot's content but I don't scumread it either.

Pine is also more likely to be scum on draft shenanigans which didn't really dawn on me until now

pedit: cool cool~
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 173, singersigner wrote:@Kat...why are you townreading Ausuka?
Started with draft reasons (Ausuka is obvscum and she also doesn't like playing it, Unah is more comfortable as scum), turned into because of how she's probably the only person who's genuinely tried to work with me and get somewhere.
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Katyusha »

Dunn, talk to me. Seeing as you're the person in the table most familiar with me I kind of need a rock here besides Lycan and I want to pry into your head :(

fwiw i want to see more from rf too
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 177, Ausuka wrote:but like why does scum!Pine think he has a basis while town!Pine can't be wrong about having a basis? they both require seeing some sort of cogdis, right?
I think "Katy isn't voting for me while she scumreads me she has no conviction xd" is a very easy and simplistic way of pushing a "cogdis", so Pine definitely thinks he has a basis here regardless of his alignment. It's scummy because a basis like that requires a deliberately surface-level mindset to actually take it seriously.

Do you think Pine's argument makes sense here?
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:36 am

Post by Katyusha »

also lol i forgot the most AI part of ces's post

the part about appreciating having chamber was just Relatabletm, gonna feel like shit if I scumread that rn when Pine is just flat out scumposting lmao
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Katyusha »

also also wanted to point out the staggering irony of mastina supporting a push on me for "flagrantly pushing both sides" when that was literally what reck scumread me for in team mafia, and where I flip flopped on which side of rc/mastina vs reck/chesskid to be on like 3 times
eddie cane
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 186, Katyusha wrote:Dunn, talk to me. Seeing as you're the person in the table most familiar with me I kind of need a rock here besides Lycan and I want to pry into your head :(

fwiw i want to see more from rf too
Ausuka hasn't wowed me this game after having just played with them, I'm not seeing them as town right now - Not Mafia vote is lazy

Not_mafia can go either way but I'm leaning town, though

CES leaning town and has said good stuff this game

I don't have a read on Plotinus, I'm not sure why people think he is near confirmed town?

Redflavor I thought I didn't have enough to read him at first but looking again he's kind of coasting by with the Pine wagon (He's probably not scum if Pine is though)

Pine idk, I thought they looked good around the hammer, I'm not sure what their town meta on me is or if that was just said to dissuade me from hammering

singersigner is leaning town, I liked their unvote actually (I also liked Plotinus' unvote)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:53 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 176, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 173, singersigner wrote:@Dunn...can you elaborate on why didn't you vote in RVS/at all? Scumreads?
No
I didn't vote in RVS just because I wasn't comfortable with anything
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 190, Dunnstral wrote:Ausuka hasn't wowed me this game after having just played with them, I'm not seeing them as town right now - Not Mafia vote is lazy
Really? What are some differences you're seeing right now?

w rf I can agree with that, like I can kind of see him voting for Me/Pine at the time he did as having a real trajectory but besides that I need more from him.

Rest I can empathize with tbh and dont really have any comments. I think I need more from singer to really feel like I'm going somewhere with that read since rn it's just a "most likely partner/'you're better than this'" read but like while I was townreading her I see where you're coming from
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Katyusha »

also i just realized i unvoted both ces and pine LMFAO

VOTE: pine
eddie cane
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 8:04 am

Post by singersigner »

vote: Katyusha

L-1
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Katyusha »

cool
eddie cane
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 192, Katyusha wrote:Really? What are some differences you're seeing right now?
Well my only experience is from this game where I felt they had a completely different style than they're showing here
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 194, singersigner wrote:

L-1
Are you going to vote Pine tomorrow if Katyusha is town?
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Katyusha »

let it be known that if plot actually hammers me here that all of you are scumclaiming if you dont :nerd:

im going through the game you sent rn
eddie cane
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 8:12 am

Post by singersigner »

Dunnstral wrote:
In post 194, singersigner wrote:

L-1
Are you going to vote Pine tomorrow if Katyusha is town?
Depends. I might reconsider voting for him today anyway. :]

Seems unlikely, but not discounting the possibility!
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”