Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Guardian »

SL wrote:I'm not at all convinced that Guardian is right about very much in this game.....
you sir, have much learnings to achieve ;).
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

sorry guys, i knew i said I would post content yesterday, but my day off became "help girlfriend move" day. I will post after work tonight, about 5 hours?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Vote: SlySly

I actually thought the same thing as Stoofer did when I read SlySly's post. It did scream out scum to me. The only troubling thing is that SlySly was attacking Guardian (scum suspect) and Mr Stoofer (slight scum suspect) saw it as a scummy post. My general feeling is that SlySly made a lot of noise about scummy guardian is, but there really wasn't much there.

Guardian's still not clear in my book. I could also see that as a bussing post, since there wasn't too much to make any kind of case stick to Guardian.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Guardian »

lord-hur, what do you think of the expansion I did for you right there?
Do not lynch me.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Guardian wrote:My nose is pretty sweet.
lord_hur wrote:
Guardian wrote:O SNAP!

:x
Oh yes, Guardian, could you develop this please ?
OOOOOOO SNAAAAAAAAAAP!

:x :x :x

?
Guardian wrote:lord-hur, what do you think of the expansion I did for you right there?
It is very interesting.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:11 am

Post by SlySly »

HackerHuck,

Do you think it is scummy when a player avoids answering questions?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Usually. Are you implying that I've been avoiding your questions?
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

okay here's my page by page:
page one: some speculation about various roles, hasfasfdsasfgas says something about to giving scum too much info, lord_hur speculates about a poisoner and a resurrector. Lord_hur seems the scummiest player on this page.
page two:VoD thinks that speculation is bad for day one, Librarian says scum might not know about food, but it is in game's first post. This is the beginning of stoofer vs VoD on the overburdening subject. I don't think what stoofer did was wrong,VoD seems suspicious here
Thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:I deemed the suspicion that was already on lord_hur to be sufficent for his action
I also viewed your overburdening of him with more suspicion suspicious
Why should he not voice his concern? Also VoD answers a yes or no question with a yes AND a no, so doesn't really answer it. VoD seems the scummiest on this page.
page three:Lord_hur makes him self clear while VoD is hard to understand. Musher and librarian seem eager to move on, but to what? Librarian mentions that hur's speculations caused more controversy than mine. I think that is because I only speculated lightly on a mechanic and he went as far a s suggesting a couple roles.
musher33 wrote:One minute you are telling people to stop saying things where scum could benifit from it then you have a go at me for trying to do the same.
He was fos'ing people for speculation, he was fos'ing you for saying we should drop the current topic of discussion.

I'll fininsh this later
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by SlySly »

HackerHuck wrote:Usually. Are you implying that I've been avoiding your questions?
Not at all.

Read my posts and see who I have asked questions of and who has avoided answering those question and I think you will see things in a better light.

It is not only my answers that one of the people in question has avoided answering.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by undo »

HackerHuck wrote:
Vote: SlySly
Invalid vote. You were already voting Guardian.

Not voting:
hasdgfas, lord_hur, Musher333, PyroDwarf, Shin Hatsubai

With 11 alive, it's
6 to lynch

Giving 24 hours for Shin Hatsubai to respond his prod. After that, I will look for a replacement.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:24 am

Post by hasdgfas »

SlySly wrote:HackerHuck,

Do you think it is scummy when a player avoids answering questions?
Sly: I'm curious. Why are you asking Huck in particular this question?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Guardian »

slysly, who hasn't been answering questions?
Do not lynch me.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:01 am

Post by SlySly »

hasdgfas wrote: Sly: I'm curious. Why are you asking Huck in particular this question?
Because he pointed out that I was attacking and voting for the people that he saw in a scum light and then turned around and invalidly voted for me. I took that as him inferring my voting and suspicions were without merit. So, I wanted to know if he felt that question avoidance was scummy.
Guardian wrote: slysly, who hasn't been answering questions?
Mr. Stoofer for one and you for two. Do you really think "Oh Snap!" was a contributing answer post in response to my question to you?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Guardian »

SlySly wrote:Mr. Stoofer for one and you for two. Do you really think "Oh Snap!" was a contributing answer post in response to my question to you?
I think it was the most concise post I could have made to accurately express my reaction to your post, so yes.

You say that not answering questions is suspicious -- if the questions are so important that they be answered, why not say "{Stoofer or Guardian} I had this question in {post #} that you didn't answer (to my satisfaction). Could you please do so (and focus on explaining X in your answer)?"

Why is it suspicious for us to not answer questions?
Do not lynch me.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:18 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

okay, forget that page by page for now. As I was reading I noticed that Mr. Stoofer uses outside studies to support his arguments. I don't like that. Also, he says that players with more info are likely to be scum, then goes on and says he has information that he will reveal if guardian insists???
I don't know about guardian's style, what with the intuition and all. I don't like his case on hadgfas, really.
hasdgfas wrote: I feel that if you have the time to post in the game, you should have the time to find something to comment on.
I had time to post that, not go thru and read all the new stuff. Also, this all i can do now, maybe more after work. @anyone:If you want me to continue my page by page recap, I'll try to finnish it. Its kind of helpful for me, but IDK. Do you guys think that kind of post is useful?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:23 am

Post by Guardian »

pyro, I agree that going through your page by page thing is useful
for you

But in terms of what you share with us, the page by page stuff becomes tl;dr, at least for me.

Do all the page by page stuff, or however you want to take notes in reading the thread, and then tell us who you find most suspicious and why.

"Guardian made a really funny joke in post 123" and such aren't useful things to share. Nor is "lor_hur looks so suspicious early. but then later not so much. but then later, he does. oh but he makes up for that on page 6 when he explains himself."

I want conclusions, and your explaining how you got there. I'm not so much interested in an outpouring of thoughts as you read :P.
Do not lynch me.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by lord_hur »

PyroDwarf wrote:Also, he says that players with more info are likely to be scum, then goes on and says he has information that he will reveal if guardian insists???
Yes, this had me wondering too. But I didn't know back then if I should push the matter, because there is that consensus that more info is bad for town.

Strange playing on Mr Stoofer's part though.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Guardian wrote:
SlySly wrote:Mr. Stoofer for one and you for two. Do you really think "Oh Snap!" was a contributing answer post in response to my question to you?
I think it was the most concise post I could have made to accurately express my reaction to your post, so yes.
This still isn't an answer. What made you surprised/shocked/angry/whatever ?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:54 am

Post by hasdgfas »

PyroDwarf wrote:Also, he says that players with more info are likely to be scum, then goes on and says he has information that he will reveal if guardian insists???
Hmm, what I gathered from what Stoofer said there was that he had a reason for his thoughts, not exactly info, and would reveal it if Guardian insisted, as opposed to him having more information than others.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:33 am

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Sorry I seem to have fallen behind in this game a little so on what has followed since my last content post here are my thoughts.

Guardian is looking like lynch bait with comments like:
Guardian wrote:I'm playing by sense of smell at this point. I feel like this is going to come back and bite me in the but later, and people are gonna be like "well if you were really town why weren't you trying so hard to be really townie and good and stuff?" and I don't have a good answer for that.

I agree with slyslys post 235.

236 WTF?

239 Mr Stoofer is now defending Gaurdian and trying to incriminate SlySly. The line of well all we got day one is hunches is BS to me. You can work hard to try and get good reads and find information to come to a reasoned opinion abut who might be scum. But both Gaurdian and Mr Stoofer seem to be very flippant about who they lynch and for what reason. I can only see this as irresponsible and not very pro town at all.

241 Musher333 is defending SlySly and incriminating Mr Stoofer

246 WTF yet again

So we have only really slysly attacking gaurdian and all of a sudden we get people suspicious of slysly for doing this even though they agree that guardian had a weak case against hasfadgs.

I am not liking Guardian at the moment and still not liking Mr Stoofer.
My prefered lynched would be Mr Stoofer but I would not shed a tear over Gaurdian.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Musher333 »

Sorry i have not posted for a bit, i am not feeling to well at the moment (bad cold and headache) which has caused me to get little sleep the last few days and i may not post till Tuesday (it depends on if i feel ok tomorrow, if i do i will post then. I have posted this in both my games just to let you know why i havn't responded.
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Stoofer's "outside" information was just to help you understand his playstyle. I'm not sure I like how he was trying to be so helpful there, but I don't see it as a contridiction of his earlier comments that scum know more than townies.

slysly - For someone who doesn't like it when another player isn't answering their questions, I don't like how you are pussyfooting around my question. There's no need to play games. If someone isn't answering your questions, put it out in the open because I really don't want to have to reread your posts to see exactly where you did it. Just tell me who you think is avoiding you. :x

Herr Kürten - what do you mean by Guardian being lynch bait? Is he scummy and should be lynched or is he just doing things that make him an easy target for scum to try and get him lynched?
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:26 pm

You should be asking Herr Guardian that not me.
How would I know what strange planis going on inside that head, but both your comments are good observations.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Also I belive I asked Mr Stoofer how my one vote on lord_hur was a bandwagon, while I was being bandwagoned at the time, Mr Stoofer ignored this question and slysly asked this again.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

OK, I'm back.

First up, saying things like like "X, you haven't answered my question" is unhelpful because (in my case at least) I always try to answer questions, so if there is one I haven't answered I have obviously missed it so you need to repeat it.

Now, to answer tvod's question: a bandwagon consists of more than just votes. When I said that you were joining lor_hur's bandwagon (or whatever I said), I meant that you were joining in with those who were attacking him.

I also think that comments such as this are silly and reveal a lack of understanding about how this game works:
thevampireofdussledorf wrote:The line of well all we got day one is hunches is BS to me. You can work hard to try and get good reads and find information to come to a reasoned opinion abut who might be scum. But both Gaurdian and Mr Stoofer seem to be very flippant about who they lynch and for what reason. I can only see this as irresponsible and not very pro town at all.
It is very difficult to lynch Scum on Day 1. The best you can do is to do the best you can. But in the vast majority of games the Town ends up lynching Town on Day 1. That's just the way it is. I don't want to spend forever on Day 1 hoping that something concrete will turn up -- because it just won't. [And that sort of game is sooooo boring.] You have to try to read between the lines of the other player's posts and get a feeling for who might be genuine and honest (Town) and who is not being honest (Scum).

On that note, I still think that tvod is is insincere scum, but since that is going nowhere, I'm going to move to my no. 2 target.
unvote: thevampireofdussledorf, vote: SlySly

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”