Micro 800-A: Double Day Unlimited [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Day One, Lynch One

Votecount 1.8

Cogito Ergo Sum (1):
Not_Mafia
Katyusha (4):
RedFlavor, Not_Mafia, Pine, singersinger
singersinger (1):
Cogito Ergo Sum
Pine (2):
Not_Mafia, Katyusha
Ausuka (1):
Not_Mafia
RedFlavor (2):
Not_Mafia, Pine
Not_Mafia (2):
Pine, Ausuka

Not Voting (2):
Dunnstral, Plotinus

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-05-20 01:00:59)

Mod Notes:
:D
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by Katyusha »

the more i look at that votecount the more i want to vote for singer but i really want pine to be lynched today
eddie cane
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm not excited for a Katyusha lynch
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 222, RedFlavor wrote:I do

I'm glad that both of us got town pms
You're voting Katyusha at l-1 right now
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Katyusha »

dunn can we be mason buddies this game
eddie cane
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

"both of us" = RedFlavour & CheekyTeeky in that quote, Dunn.
In post 212, Katyusha wrote:The post was made on the 19th and choosing games was finalized the 21st so I’m pretty sure it was meant in a general conext. I’ll admit I haven’t read the pt besides that screenshot being discussed in our team’s pt some time in post game, but that was the basis of Lycan’s argument there. It makes sense to me as a general thing anyway.
You really don't need any context besides what's in the screenshot - it literally talks about threats, PRs, nightkills and buddying. Yours on its own could make sense as a general thing, but if you read all of them, it's clear it's not a general thing.
In post 226, Katyusha wrote:the more i look at that votecount the more i want to vote for singer but i really want pine to be lynched today
Do it! We've got 2 lynches.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Post by Katyusha »

I guess? I feel like it’s Lycan’s point to defend anyway what I told you is basically what he said. If he follows up I’ll let you know

VOTE: Singer

Probably won’t go anywhere since I’m getting lynched but what the hell lmao
eddie cane
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 1:10 am

Post by singersigner »

@CES...why do you think I'm scum?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 1:13 am

Post by singersigner »

@teams whose teammates didn't ego post...why not?

vote: Red Flavor
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 3:54 am

Post by Plotinus »

Okay, I'm here and rereading some.
Okay, I spent a few hours catching up on this game and typed too many words because I didn't have the sense to post it as I was going along. I'm going to try to organise it legibly somehow.

Spoiler: A tale of two accidents, regarding Ausuka nearly hammering Pine by mistake and singer putting Pine at L-1 unannounced
I was thinking about Ausuka's that when she says she almost hammered Pine by mistake, I think as scum she probably could've just actually done that? I don't think she would've got very much pressure for it.

Singer has hardly been pressured for not announcing putting Pine at L-1 because I think most of us feel like we could've made the same mistake? She apologises for it in and says that if she were scum she would've been more aware that it was L-1, but how would that awareness have changed her behaviour?

As scum, she makes the exact post she made knowing she can get away with it.
As town, she makes the exact post she made but it's an accident.

So I don't like singer's tongue in cheek aside there. Saying that this null behaviour makes her more likely to be town feels like a grab for towncred that isn't warranted.

Spoiler: A linguistic take on Katyusha's 101
I don't like Katyusha's . I don't know if I'm understanding it right or not so let me say why I'm getting out of it and someone can point out where I misunderstood if I did.

Katyusha says she thinks it isn't scummy for Pine to be kind of mediocre because his reputation is that he's amazing as scum and mediocre as town. Te thrust of the post here is defending him/talking about leaning town on him.

But then she says "Wouldn't shed a tear if this is town" which doesn't belong in a post about townleaning him; it belongs in a post like "well he's kind of scummy so the wagon is okay but i wouldn't mind to much if he's town after all" not in a post about "I think he's town but I wouldn't mind if he's town" ???

And then she says "but this wagon just seems dumb to me."

So the whole post is "I think he's more likely to be town but I wouldn't mind if he's town but I think his wagon is bad."

All the transitions in the post negate what came before it linguistically. It doesn't feel like an organic string of sentences that was produced from a town mindset. In she clarifies that it's a null read but it didn't sound like one at all.

Spoiler: More about Katyusha and Pine
@Pine regarding - <3 I think I'm okay sheeping you guys on Kat? I tried reading her ISO on Monday but ran out of steam because I wasn't feeling well but now that I'm feeling able to read a bit closer I think I can see what you're saying?

@Katyusha regarding - Alisae says that none of those things are actually scummy. E agrees with that scumPine wouldn't piss off the one person who was on his side. E thinks your push on Pine is unnatural and that you're tunnelling in an agend-y wolfy way. Your looks like a rhetorical question to me, or at least not the kind of question that sounds like you're expecting an honest dialogue in response, you're just scolding him. As for , I see that you later realised you missed that people had unvoted him. Does this still bother you?

I haven't played with Pine before myself but some people engage with people they're scumreading and others don't. I think it's best to engage for a while and then disengage once it stops being productive. I hear you that it's frustrating to be on the receiving end of as either alignment.

I think is a scumtell.

Spoiler: Odds and ends/One liners/Short questions to people
I realise my meta is very old but I feel decent about posts like from Not Mafia. I talked to Alisae about it and convinced em.

A belated response to - I don't have a strong alignment preference but I'm rusty after a long break so it's nice to be town.

Alisae liked Cogito's .

@Pine re : Congrats on immenent baby pinecone! That is such an adorable name!

@Dunn regarding , so, how's it feel up there on that fence?

@RedFlavor regarding , who do you want to lynch instead?

@singer regarding : Alisae feel like you aren't trying to find Ausuka's motivations or trying to be right. E thinks you're trying to present sound logic and reasoning to make yourself look good.

@singer regarding - I didn't ego in the other game because it's my habit to bookmark games I'm spectating and because I'm worried about accidentally posting in the other game if it's in my egosearch.

Spoiler: Reads lists
Alisae's reads:
{Ausuka, NM, CES, Pine}
{Singer}
{Dunn, Redflavor, Katy}

Mine:
{Ausuka, Pine}
{Not_Mafia, Cogito Ergo Sum}
{Dunnstral, singersigner}
{RedFlavor}
{Katyusha}

intent to hammer Katyusha

I'll be around for a few hours if anyone wants to talk to me, and I'm hoping to be more active from here on out.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:23 am

Post by Katyusha »

I’ll help you out Plot
In post 101, Katyusha wrote:I’ve always thought he was just great scum and average town idk

Makes me feel like him feeling mediocre is like. Not scummy.

Wouldn’t shed a tear if this is town but the wagon just feels dumb to me.
If Pine feels mediocre then it seems possible to me that he’s town if his scumgame is better than his town game. That’s not a real reason to townread someone, especially someone you have never played with.

The wagon was legitimately stupid and if he flipped scum at that time it’d feel cheap. The most reason anyone gave to wagon him was “he didn’t feel like this in GD” which I think is self-explanatory on why it’s dumb. I think it’s entirely possible Town pushes dumb reasons like that on page two, but that doesn’t make Pine town. I had no reason to think Pine was more or less likely scum at that time so to me if he got flipped I’d just feel the same way about it. Like there was no reason for me to care about his wagon
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:24 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 141, Plotinus wrote:Part of it is how early Pine was wagonned, because Alisae thinks that as a wolf, Pine wouldn't get wagoned so early and that are probably wolves wolfreading him.
^ Reminder that Pine’s wagon composition is identical to mine
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Katyusha »

It’s far more reasonable for scum to bus in an RVS wagon that’s not going to go through than it is on a wagon like this when I literally have the stronger case here

Every slot that’s even remotely posted anything town (Ausuka, Dunn, CES) have all shown they’re not going to go support this. Please remember that when I flip that both scum are voting me and are not hiding it. Pine is obvious scum and I really hope it’s crystal clear why after this shit lynch.
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Katyusha »

Dunn is an IC as soon as I flip. This is his town meta to a T and you’re scum if you push him.

CES and Ausuka are like 90% town, no real reason to scumread them but I don’t have the same solid foundation as I do for Dunn

Plot I’ll act like I townread but like note Ali throwing away eir reason to townread Pine when it should also apply to me is notable and should be scrutinized after I’m hammered

N_M and RF are just bad town I think. They’re LHF, not scum. Like they’ve at least shown an attempt to look like they have real thought processes and are gamesolving. More confident n_m is town than rf but it’s not promising.

Pine is the next lynch. Singer tomorrow.
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Katyusha »

Subject: Mini Normal 1850 | The Penguin Mafia | Endgame
kraska77 wrote: Giga can be really hesitant at times and is very transparent about her read changes
Scum always try to exploit this and write her off as an easy scum read....it's almost a scumtell at this point
Deuces.
eddie cane
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:35 am

Post by Plotinus »

Oh, ok.

The "doesn't feel this awkward in gd" thing felt like a reference I wasn't getting especially once other people started repeating it.

That's an interesting point about the wagons. If you do flip town, I'll take your reads into consideration.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Katyusha »

Just take it into consideration now?

Like the wagon on me is horrible and there’s zero opposition to it since Ausuka/Dunn/Ces are all playing passively and they’re also all town
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Katyusha »

Anyway regardless of what anyone flips I still stand by my play and don’t think I deserve this

I don’t really have an ego but I know a shit lynch when I see one
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Katyusha »

Just reread my iso and I have no clue where people even got the impression I townread Pine
eddie cane
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Ausuka »

i think katyusha is town??? unabombah thinks it's katy/plot but like I'm not really seeing that personally. idk. I know the people scumreading katy are better players than me but she looks town rn.

i don't really like singer's progression on katy? specifically ; I don't get why singer thinks that what Katy did can't come from town, and has to come from scum. like, sure, she asked Katy a few questions and pushed her, does that mean Katy's going out of her way to scumread her and is manufacturing Lycan's reads to do so? to me it feels more like she wants to jump on the katy wagon and get it to l-1. I also don't get her concept in that scum!Katy is going to react to scumreads by blowing them out of proportion and OMGUS'ing and saying what she did wasn't scummy, whereas town!Katy would presumably be logical and robotic and say "well I understand the people saying I'm scum" (which I rarely see anyway.) Like, I don't really get singer's push on Katy here, and it feels like she's trying to get a mislynch. I still need to talk to unabombah about this though.

UNVOTE: Not_Mafia

I'm going to trust the people who say NM and Dunn are town via meta.

My reads at this point would be:
{Dunnstal, Not_Mafia, CES}
{Plotinus, Katyusha}
{Pine, Redflavor}
{singer}

I'm not trying to be passive? I'm more busy irl than I usually am but like I think I've done fine so far?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Katyusha »

All mentions of Pine before I scumread him:
In post 45, Katyusha wrote:
In post 42, RedFlavor wrote:Pine is L-1 btw but he is most likely scum so good
Don’t really see what warrants that read yet, help me out?
Sure it’s clear I don’t scumread him here but I also don’t see why RF is confident in his read here
In post 50, Katyusha wrote:RedFlavor’s at L-1 too btw

Slightly prefer redflavor over pine
“Slightly” should key people in that I didn’t have a strong read one way or the other
In post 67, Katyusha wrote:i dont go on gd so i cant relate

nor does he give the impression he's awkward?
“I don’t agree with your toneread” is not “I townread the person you’re pushing”
In post 82, Katyusha wrote:I'd like to vote for scum as annoying as that is, Pine. Do you have any reads besides that?
Not a question specifically asked to townreads? Like Pine’s vote was entirely policy and I wanted to see if he had scumreads
In post 88, Katyusha wrote:
In post 84, Pine wrote:RedFlavor looks scummy to me. Not a huge fan of Singer's opacity.

Honestly it's way too early for sophisticated reads.
Is opaqueness scummy in your experience? It’s not really my style but I usually can see why people are like that early on
Hanging question that never got followed up on btw, singer scumread disappearing is a nice meme and more evidence Pine doesn’t have a real trajectory if you needed it
In post 89, Katyusha wrote:I guess rn I’d pick n_m as the most likely scum on pine if pine is town, I don’t think singer’s vote was particularly opportunistic like you say

Like I’m townreading her ces vote more and can plausibly see scum!singer making her pine vote, but her pine vote is null to me

n_m > rf > ploti > singer
I don’t think “who is the most likely scum on Pine if he’s town” is a particularly wild thing to think about when he’s at L-1
In post 97, Katyusha wrote:
In post 91, Katyusha wrote:mean in 47 seem like pretty typical posts of someone getting wagonned and if any
Er 48 lol
Not_Mafia wrote:I’m not even whelmed by Pine’s posting
Are you expecting to be?
Totally reasonable question regardless of my read on Pine
In post 101, Katyusha wrote:I’ve always thought he was just great scum and average town idk

Makes me feel like him feeling mediocre is like. Not scummy.

Wouldn’t shed a tear if this is town but the wagon just feels dumb to me.
Again I still stand by saying this, and the explanation for it is above if this still perplexed people how you can be OK with a wagon on a nullread
eddie cane
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Katyusha »

Ausuka you’re fine you just haven’t been active that’s what I was saying

Let’s get singer
eddie cane
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What's LHF?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

UNVOTE: Katyusha
VOTE: singer
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Katyusha »

In post 247, Not_Mafia wrote:What's LHF?
Low hanging fruit
eddie cane

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”