Micro 800-B: "Normal" Stock Photos Mafia [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:04 am

Post by Mathdino »

Vote Count 1-1
A photo of me designing this game!

mastina (3)
~ Ranmaru, mastina, chamber
Ranmaru (1)
~ CheekyTeeky

Not Voting (4)
~ Errantparabola, UnaBombaH, MariaR

Deadline: (expired on 2018-05-18 19:00:00)

Mod Notes
:
~ None!
Last edited by Mathdino on Thu May 10, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:32 am

Post by MariaR »

I'll retype this cause it was more rude then needed but. Mastina you really expect me to remember 1 word you said in games that happened that long ago? No I'm not gonna remember that at all and just because you read a certain way you would've still seen my post cause the pedit thing happens by itself unless you duck your eyes to not see it
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:42 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Mobile. Chamber, will respond when I get home so I may paraphrase.
Una, why are you fine with
either
MariaR or Mastina?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:44 am

Post by MariaR »

because I am clearly a scummy person in this game Duhhhh
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Ranmaru »

oh right duh
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Mobile Reads List

Town: Ranmaru , MariaR , Cheeky , Errant
Null: Una
Scum: [Mastina > Chamber]
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 173, Ranmaru wrote:Now Errant, talk to me about Chamber.
I don't have a grounded read on chamber right now but I think multiple factors weakly point to town (the role, how he used the role, arguing with you)
In post 177, chamber wrote:If mastina is scum do you think she lynched alisae intentionally?
What are you hoping to accomplish with this question? If mastina is scum and legitimately made a mistake that's not a talking point (I mean, maybe it is in some Bayesian sense)
In post 192, mastina wrote:If you're leaving me alive, you ARE betting the game on me being town.
That's what I'm saying, rock and a hard place.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 9:40 am

Post by mastina »

So AS I WAS TYPING before so RUDELY being interrupted by the site downtime...
In post 186, chamber wrote:why do you have to make a post that bad after I try and give you some benefit of the doubt?
Because I've no interest in looking good?
I've no interest in escaping the noose?

I'm interested in contributing content.
I'm interested in lynching myself.
I'm interested in keeping my word.
I'm interested in winning.

And trying to make a post which looks good runs counter to literally all of those.

Continuing to read now.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 9:44 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 193, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'd imagine that scum mastina wants to make sure we believe she's not reading the game and therefore cannot be held accountable for her opinions or lack thereof.
Just going to point out that mastina answered chamber but ignored my posts immeadiarely above his. Crapological order.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 9:49 am

Post by mastina »

In post 193, CheekyTeeky wrote:Is chronologically reading the thread even a valid argument for mastina derp-hammering? She argued that she created the picks analysis post prior to entering the game and that she was on page 1 when she posted it. So if the post was pre-made and posted before reading the thread, then what does the order of her catch up method have to do with anything?
It means that the hammer came accidentally--what this means is that you can give an extreme :igmeou: to those who keep insisting otherwise, that it was strategic, when no it fucking wasn't.

You're quite correct it's not a valid argument for me being town; I can be scum who accidentally hammered just as easily as I can be town who accidentally hammered. But the point I'm making is, the people saying it was a scum move are full of shit and in Maria's case they fucking know better than to make that accusation.

I can be scum, but if I am scum it's from other factors.
In post 194, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'd like to add that I find it uncharacteristic for a player of mastina's calibre to just post a vote without first skimming the whopping 3 pages.
Try searching my game history and see how your perspective holds up to reality.

(It won't.)
In post 195, mastina wrote:
In post 180, Ranmaru wrote:I never said you were buddying me. Yet it was weird how you weren't voting me in thread while openly stating you scumread me in the neighborhood. Asking someone if they are an investigative role is blatant rolefishing. (I gave a wifom answer) You can argue why you think what you were doing wasn't rolefishing though.
Also pretty sure both Ranmaru and chamber are town from their exchange, which is comforting because that's what Alisae's reads were and I kinda trust said reads, so.
(I mean even if I didn't trust said reads I would trust them since I owe Alisae that much, butstill. I DO trust them.)

Scum outside those two.
Maria, Errant, Una, Cheeky.

Errant's a townread.

So tomorrow's a 2/3 chance at minimum if you trust me (and Alisae) that chamber and Ranmaru are both town.

I still say it's Maria and Una for what it's worth.
By the way, to further reiterate. chamber is locktown.
Absolutely do not lynch chamber

If I have one fucking merit going for me.
It is that I know my fucking Normal setups.

If Mathdino actually made this be a Normal game, then chamber cannot be a scum neighborizer--that role is stupidly powerful in the hands of scum AND, furthermore. If he's a scum neighborizer, where's the town power? (You can argue unclaimed all you'd like but that's not a good argument even remotely least of all when come tomorrow you can't trust any claims anyway.)

I can't quite word the read there properly, but he is, absolutely, town here.

Ranmaru is, once more, far more likely to be town than not. This read was originally trusting Alisae because yes I tend to scumread Ranmaru on my own and I owed it to Alisae to sheep eir read. But off of the exchange and from his singer thoughts I can see the town thought process from him the entire time. Very very WRONG town but town all the same.

Vote either of them and you're fucking gamethrowing if you're town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 9:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 198, UnaBombaH wrote:Hell, I'm willing to vote either Maria OR Mastina here, although Mastina feels more like policy than anything..
She has managed to get herself in a situation where she has done something "so scummy" that it feels like "scum!Mastina would never do it" etc etc
Except that I think she would do it, she's absolutely sharp and bold enough.
Except I have no trouble believing it was an accident. :facepalm:
I'll also openly admit that I always weight in the factor of "I don't want to lose to a play like this", even if one shouldn't.. :lol:
I think our neighbors are both town though, they are just jealous of each others cars..
This is also disproportionately a scum post.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 9:52 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 210, mastina wrote:This is also disproportionately a scum post.
What does daddypine think?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 9:56 am

Post by mastina »

In post 201, MariaR wrote:Mastina you really expect me to remember 1 word you said in games that happened that long ago?
As a matter of fact...yes.

Well, not the specific word--but the sentiment behind it, sure as fuck yes.

Me reading chronologically wasn't an unimportant minor thing.

It was a MAJOR FUCKING GAME POINT in WWF. My chronological reading was a GAME FUCKING TOPIC. It was a thing MANY PLAYERS INCLUDING YOU DISCUSSED HEAVILY. It was a MAJOR part of your interactions with me.

It was also a SIGNIFICANT portion of the Anything UPick game; my chronological reading contributed greatly.

My chronological reading was also a MAJOR thing in Team Mafia.

It has been in all of our games together. I searched for games where I used that specific word, but I can also find plenty more where even without using the exact word the sentiment behind "I read chronologically" was expressed.

So yes.

I expect you to remember a fundamental aspect of my playstyle which is a FUCKING TALKING POINT IN MANY OF OUR PAST GAMES. Because said playstyle aspect did not go unnoticed, did not go without comment, did not go without discussion. People talked about it, and you were involved in those discussions. So if you say you don't remember that, I say bullshit.
In post 201, MariaR wrote:you would've still seen my post cause the pedit thing happens by itself unless you duck your eyes to not see it
Explicitly so, yes. I ignore pedits. I am on record as doing so. It is easily proven by looking at my game history. I ignore pedits because I ignore anything breaking chronology. Reading chronologically is a deliberate choice on my part. It is something I actively enforce, in EVERY aspect.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 9:57 am

Post by mastina »

In post 202, Ranmaru wrote:Una, why are you fine with
either
MariaR or Mastina?
Because he's scum distancing with his scumbuddy and who knows today is a free mislynch. Una could outright vote MariaR and she'd be in no danger of being lynched, frankly--basically, he can call his scumbuddy scum all he likes, and yet it won't make a difference because we're lynching me today and thus all those words are empty and meaningless.

Which is part of what made it scum in the first place.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 10:00 am

Post by chamber »

Do you have any publicly reachable spots where you talk about why scum neighbourizer is strong in your opinion? I will admit I've balanced fewer games than you, but it would have been my opinion that town neighbourizer is a weak role, and scum neighbourizer is perhaps of negative utility for scum if used.
Taking a break from the site.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 10:01 am

Post by MariaR »

in a neighborhood scum gets to pocket said neighbor you're appealing to 1 person instead of a crowd
I find scum neighbourizer a great role
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 10:06 am

Post by chamber »

Thaaat's a pretty scummy post.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 10:07 am

Post by MariaR »

how tf is that a scummy post
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 10:08 am

Post by mastina »

In post 208, CheekyTeeky wrote:Just going to point out that mastina answered chamber but ignored my posts immeadiarely above his. Crapological order.
Oh that reminds me.

Almost forgot to respond to this.
In post 196, chamber wrote:
In post 192, mastina wrote:stuff
Why did you choose to respond to these in the order that you did?
I read chronologically. But when I'm not posting a "one quote" post (that is, quoting one post and nothing else), I restructure my post.

That is.

When I have multiple quotes in a post from a single page.

I reorder them.

I put "least game relevant" at top. I move to "mostly about me but not others" next. I usually place mechanics either above or below that. And then I move onto townread content, and then I move onto scumread content. Loosely. If the content doesn't have a clear category, then I just retain its original position. The idea for this is to give the best internal narrative for the post. To have it transition from least important to most important (people read the bottom more than they read the top). It is to give the best flow, to make things smoothly go from one spot to another.

But it is still reading chronologically. I read chronologically. And when I am posting one-quote posts, you can tell. The one-quote I include in one post will come after the one-quote in the post before, always. (Well, unless a later post makes me remember, "Whoops, I skipped something I meant to respond to".)

And said walls?

They MAX out at being "content from one page". You can tell that was typed entirely from one page, because it is one page worth of content. I read things from downward, but while I
read
things from 150 downward, as I was going, I reordered things to give the optimal narrative. But that's still chronological. You can often see it in my posts.

A more succinct way of putting it.
Chronological reading translates to chronological POSTING...but
not
chronological WALLS. That's the best way of saying it.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 10:13 am

Post by chamber »

In post 217, MariaR wrote:how tf is that a scummy post
1: I don't care whether its true or not, only whether mastina can show they believe it (I still don't, but having that argument in this game isn't meaningful). This means your post didn't actually accomplish anything.
2: You responded very quickly, which suggests you are keeping up with the game, but the thing you chose to respond to is something that has no direct impact on the game at all. You could have answered the same as either alignment. Its very easy content to throw in as scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 10:14 am

Post by mastina »

In post 214, chamber wrote:Do you have any publicly reachable spots where you talk about why scum neighbourizer is strong in your opinion? I will admit I've balanced fewer games than you, but it would have been my opinion that town neighbourizer is a weak role, and scum neighbourizer is perhaps of negative utility for scum if used.
Easily, it's all over the place. mhsmith's stat thread is a fairly reachable one. Town neighborizers are net-null balance-wise. They add very little to the town, except to be an extra PR in the setup. This makes them a fine "fill in the blank" power role--a role you need when you need to give the town
something
, but you don't want to give the town anything REAL. Its power is directly akin to that of a fruit vendor for balance.

Scum neighborizers have been time and time again proven by stats to be disproportionately scumsided. Every scum neighborizer setup in a Normal game has ended in a scum win. Most scum neighbor games for that matter barring multiball have also been scum wins. The ability to manipulate town behind closed doors is so vastly underestimated that they just have a hard time losing with that role.

My stance being such can be found in multiple Normal games beit game thread, dead thread, or review thread, but you can also think that mhsmith is one of the reviewers I am closer to having the same perspective on and just look at HIS thoughts on the matter; what he says is basically what I would say.
In post 211, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 210, mastina wrote:This is also disproportionately a scum post.
What does daddypine think?
Haven't had a chance to check since the last time I gave you his thoughts. (To be honest I forgot to even read what 152 was.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 10:15 am

Post by mastina »

Just checked; Pine's not given updates since 152.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 10:17 am

Post by chamber »

In post 168, chamber wrote:
In post 166, MariaR wrote:your posting hasn't impressed me compared to others
I didn't ask why you'd look at me. I asked what looking at me would entail?
I got distracted by ranmaru being bad, but this is also something I want answered still.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 220, mastina wrote:Haven't had a chance to check since the last time I gave you his thoughts. (To be honest I forgot to even read what 152 was.)
I'm trying to break down your perspective here.

So you presumably know youre town.
You're willing to straight up self-destruct, send us to LYLO, and bet the whole game on us managing to get two out of two correct lynches today and tomorrow.
You're pushing one of those lynches as una, who your partner has previously said to you is locktown.
This is something that literally determines the game and you didn't care about it enough to follow up?

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Mastina is at L-1 right now, right?

--implosion
provided

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”