What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Ircher »

The Wiki Page that Mathdino wrote and Mutantdevle linked to wrote:While this practice is commonly seen as scum-indicative, no data has been compiled on the actual effectiveness of self-voting as a towntell or a scumtell. The lack of strong evidence one way or the other has led some players to believe that voting for self-voters is actually just a Policy Lynch for anti-town behavior.
The Wiki Page that Mathdino wrote and Mutantdevle linked to wrote:While this practice is commonly seen as scum-indicative, no data has been compiled on the actual effectiveness of self-voting as a towntell or a scumtell.
The lack of strong evidence one way or the other has led some players to believe that voting for self-voters is actually just a Policy Lynch for anti-town behavior.
The Wiki Page that Mathdino wrote and Mutantdevle linked to wrote:While this practice is commonly seen as scum-indicative, no data has been compiled on the actual effectiveness of self-voting as a towntell or a scumtell.
The lack of strong evidence one way or the other has led some players to believe that voting for self-voters is actually just a Policy Lynch for anti-town behavior.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 1088, Ircher wrote:15. In 1081:
Lalendra wrote:Ausuka's 568 is super waffly in terms of a read on Ircher. I've never seen someone flip-flop that much on one person in one post.
I disagree significantly. Out of context, yes. Did you factor in Ausuka's meta experience before making this statement?
@Lalendra
: Did you factor this into your Ausuka read?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Taly »

Finally got to doing the first ISO group. :D

EVERYTHING in this post in meant to be read by EVERYONE.

I'm spoiling each individual ISO/response/question for organization, clarity, and easy-to-digest purposes.

Spoiler: Iconeum ISO + Q's
In post 164, Iconeum wrote:I took 1 because I:

1) wanted to deny scum a free first pick
2) would not be unhappy being VT
3) if i got the pick, i put scum in a bad situation because I either end up as lynchbait or am completely wrong in my reads so they want to leave me alive to endgame. having the first pick at least makes them considering killing me early just because of the (potentially strong) power.

Math is arguing he wanted VT, but the downside is that he actually makes it easier for scum to get powers.
I don't know how to feel about stating this because this gives information to scum, however, I do like the counterargument here.

There is a benefit to town getting PRs in hopes to weaken the scumteam. In retrospect,
Iconeum
pointing this out tells me that he's actively thinking about different angles of a situation and is not being a 'yesman' in-game. :)
In post 168, Iconeum wrote:Saske is my strongest townread for now.
I also agree with Math that I was scumreading A50 until that big post.

Beefs opening was also town for him.
I like this; quickly assessing reads based off the few pages he's gathered information off of.
In post 172, Iconeum wrote:VOTE: janitor

So now ur fencing on both Math and Saske
Didn't agree with this assessment on
Janitor
, or his reasons in .

Iconeum
, how do you feel about
Janitor
right now?
In post 194, Iconeum wrote:@janitor, all your effort went into reacting to NAI-posts (according to yourself). Why did you feel the need to interact with them?
Did
Janitor's
response to this help you formulate your read on him and the wagon?
In post 650, Iconeum wrote:A50: i don't townread the slot because his frustrations look and feel similar like a previous game where he flipped scum. But I don't like to play meta, and it's still early.
Lalendra: except for low content I don't see this slot as scum here.

Why is Janitor not being talked about more?

@the worst, I don't even know the word syntax. Do I look like I care about grammar?
Voicing unpopular opinions and genuinely pushing a question to the playerlist is something I sympathize with, and think comes from town often.
In post 661, Iconeum wrote:Ok, let's pretend we are not lynching Janitor and Lalendra.
Who's next?

I'd like to sort A50/Dave because one was scum and the other isn't :p
This looks iffy; why pretend to look at another lynch if you feel strongly about the current one?
In post 670, Iconeum wrote:Ausuka ISO:

calling ircher scum, stating intent to dig into it
voting ircher based on meta
is literally next post, unvotes for no reason. It's not like the meta changed in these few hours, right?

Over the next few posts ircher turns into a townread because of effort...

weak sheep
naked vote on Lovebird because?
This seems to come a little out of nowhere, but I kind of want to see where
Iconeum
leads with this, and if his read still remains the same on
Ausuka
as it did here.
In post 1012, Iconeum wrote:
In post 937, Lovebird wrote:VOTE: Iconeum
In post 990, Lovebird wrote:
In post 988, mutantdevle wrote:@Lovebird can you please explain what on earth is going through your head when you decide to randomly naked vote the #1 in the draft list without any real discussion surrounding the potential of them being scum?
I said my reasons for iconeum being scum. Nobody else is voting ausuka, so I decided to switch things up.
The reasons for me being scummy as in:
In post 270, Lovebird wrote:
In post 129, Iconeum wrote:VOTE: A50 for being salty I got the nr1 spot with nr1.
Scummy
My opening RVS vote?
In post 275, Lovebird wrote:
In post 195, Iconeum wrote:It really makes me feel like you wanna appear active while not having to take a stance, and I scumread you for it.
My vote isn't RVS.
Awkward
Or this?
In post 823, Lovebird wrote:Why would we vig me?
'Cause ur scum :) Also, ur playing like you did in the 9p alternating. I correctly read you as scum that game but failed to get you lynched. I'm getting the same scummy vibes right now (with the recent posts).

VOTE: Lovebird
Is this vote/read based mostly on meta? What about in-game-specific reasons? And if there is a meta point to your read, what about it reflects
Lovebird's
gameplay now?
In post 1153, Iconeum wrote:
In post 798, the worst wrote:tr lovebird and brass slot so.....bye ausuka
explain lovebird tr please
Strikes me as towny; there NEEDS to be more explanation and communication with differing opinions in this game, and I like that
Iconeum
is both engaging, working to solve the game, and get on the same page with another player.
In post 1157, Iconeum wrote:@Taly, I don't see a problem in calling the low content posting from Lalendra as potential scummy? It's a weak impression, and I don't really like the harder scumreads on Lalendra.
I began pushing Lovebird when the vibes started vibing. It's a much better scumread then Lalendra.
Fair point; how do you feel about
the worst
and his push on
Lalendra
?

Spoiler: Lalendra ISO + Q's
does not seem really interesting much at all, I like the question for why we should lynch vengeful; but I'm pretty sure vengeful would be better served as a scum utility than a town who could use a vig.
In post 1076, Lalendra wrote:
In post 415, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 409, Ircher wrote:That’s super irrelevant; when did you think I thought MathDino was MathBlade?
VOTE: Ircher

You've been tingling my scum sensors ever since your second post but I decided not to vote you because I wanted to see where the janitor wagon would go.

This post bothers me because it reacts to brass' comment as though it was supposed to be game solving. Furthermore, the question here is phrased in a way that tries to appear like its game solving itself. Honestly, this just feels like scum trying to look busy.

Add that to how Ircher seems intent on shutting down any form of setup spec and seems to focus too much on other people's reads (in my opinion) and judge them based on that. That makes me comfortable with this vote.
I am inclined to agree with everything Mutant says here but holding off on voting til I finish catching up.
Since you agree with
Mutant
((this question can also go to him))
on
Ircher's
earliest posts pinged you, what about it bothered you?

Also, what's odd about placing emphasis on other people's reads?
In post 1079, Lalendra wrote:
In post 419, Ausuka wrote:I can read Ircher well and I think this is his scumgame. The way I read Ircher is simple; he has an unique personality as town, which he doesn't really emulate as scum; additionally, as town he is generally a good player who makes sense and has good reads but can do odd things; as scum, he is often quite nickpicky and flat. I think this game shows the latter. (Although now that I've said this I probably can't use it in future games with him... oh well)

VOTE: Ircher
This is really helpful and definitely reinforces my Ircher scumlean.

Holy shit <post>429</post> sucks to read.

...You literally posted an entire wall (much of which was "fair enough, null") and then two posts later everyone is either null or neutral (not sure I understand the need to separate those) except you (shocking) and one person whose "posts continue to not really be good". That's it?
I like the independent assessment here and I'm getting a better idea of
Lalendra's
viewpoint, she's asserting some of her own thinking beyond her agreeing with
Mutant
and
Math
In post 1081, Lalendra wrote:
In post 550, Taly wrote:I'm sorry, can you mindread people and why they'd pick numbers they did for the draft?
There is a comically large difference between "the numbers are randomized" and "the numbers were carefully chosen by individual players in accordance with logic I'm just not privy to."
I just don't think it makes a lot of sense; anybody regardless of alignment could actively work toward getting a PR because it benefits their alignment.

I get that repeated numbers are probably not going to come from scum, but I don't see the draft being a strong way to discern someone's alignment without solid flip information.
In post 552, Mathdino wrote:to my great disappointment, i just came up for air from the metadive and i think taly might have to be town
FWIW, when I played with Taly before and they posted walls that irritated me on-sight, they were town.
Elabroate on that? rhsfjeakjnsjfeasersjfkawnd
In post 555, Mathdino wrote:Not Voting: The only one not voting that I'm actually townreading is Taly. Lalendra's ISO goes so far beyond "lynchbaity Lalendra" into the realm of "I am actively not doing anything this game".
This is a busy month for me, plus I had rehearsals Friday night and all day Saturday. I'm gonna try to make up for it now though \o/

Ausuka's <post>568</post> is super waffly in terms of a read on Ircher. I've never seen someone flip-flop that much on one person in one post.
Do you feel there's an associative between
Ircher
and
Ausuka
?
In post 1206, Lalendra wrote:And yeah, the self-meta in my sig is something that would help me as scum. But since I never roll scum (which sucks because I love it) it's mostly just there to say "anything you're thinking about me based on my tone, interactions, reads, or anything else is less likely because I'm scum and more likely because you don't like my playstyle."
I sympathize with this, but that's not the full reason behind my push on you.

A lot of your posting and responses don't feel very strong in one direction or another; you agree with other people's stances in regards to Ircher, and while you do state your reasons for your read there, and your reads, a lot of your posts seem like fluff.

are examples, above the other posts I've already linked about in this ISO dig.
In post 1269, Lalendra wrote:
In post 1254, Ircher wrote:And yes, there is a good reason to separate them: a null read indicates generally no read or a very conflicted read; a neutral read is a mixed read, but it is not a conflicted read; there is generally a clear leaning toward town or scum in a neutral read, just not a very confident one.
Ok, that seems to be the issue here then. You say "neutral" when I would say "town/scum lean." This makes more sense now.
OK yeah, this cleared up some things for me as well when reading
Ircher's
explanation here.

Does that change your thinking on him?
Lalendra wrote:Current readslist, since multiple people have asked:

Town:
Mathdino - His play is a little different than what I am used to here, but I think it's largely due to him not being super confident on who's scum. Usually he picks someone and runs them over like a truck, and while he's not doing that here, it still strikes me as town!Math.
Mutantdevle - Feeling pretty confident in town!Mutant here, largely because I agree with his reasoning and like the way he is presenting his thoughts. Seems like he's actively trying to gamesolve.
Simyk - I don't have any meta experience with Simyk, but they seem invested in gamesolving, are trying to advance the gamestate, and their tone is very towny.

Townlean:
davesaz - I wasn't sure how I felt about A50 but davesaz has moved this slot from null to townlean for me. Not as confident as I am with the townbloc above, but good vibes.
Eddie Cane - Again, not confident enough to say town for certain, but good vibes.
Myloninja13 - There really hasn't been enough from this slot to say for certain, but I'm feeling town.
Iconeum - I like what I've seen from them but need to see more active participation.
Taly - This seems like town!Taly from my meta experience.

Null:
the worst - Honestly not sure about this slot, I want to say town but feel like I can't make an unbiased opinion. Their tunneling of me could be town-motivated but I'm not crazy about the reasoning behind it; then again, I could just be mad they're tunneling me. I can't be impartial enough to figure it out yet.
The Janitor - I don't hate their posting but I'm having trouble determining whether it's a playstyle thing or actual scumminess.
Lovebird - I can't make sense of this slot either way.

Scumlean:
Ausuka - Nothing I've seen from Ausuka has struck me as particularly towny, especially the waffling/soft defense of Ircher and the defensiveness in their tone.

Scum:
Ircher - For the reasons I outlined in my last few posts.
Ehhh... just like a lot of people, there's not a lot of scumreads at the moment.

It is good that you made the readslist, it's helping progress the gamestate as I feel like it's slowing down a bit.

Spoiler: Lovebird ISO + Q's
In post 21, Lovebird wrote:I think everyone so far is town
Has your townreads really changed from this point?
In post 270, Lovebird wrote:
In post 129, Iconeum wrote:VOTE: A50 for being salty I got the nr1 spot with nr1.
Scummy
...Stating an opening post as scummy with no reason...
In post 272, Lovebird wrote:
In post 132, Iconeum wrote:
In post 21, Lovebird wrote:I think everyone so far is town
I hope ur town so I don't have to try and get you lynched again (and fail miserably) :mrgreen:
I'm town :)
Stating that you're town does not help anything in discerning your alignment.
In post 273, Lovebird wrote:
In post 157, Ausuka wrote:hi, i'm town
VOTE: Beefster
In post 162, Ausuka wrote:
In post 158, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:
In post 157, Ausuka wrote:hi, i'm town
VOTE: Beefster
AUSUKA-CHAN!!!!!!! ヾ(。・ω・)シ

It has been a while since I last espied thou!

HOWEVER with that vote you arent realy convincing me of that (⊙△⊙✿)
hi!

the vote on beefster is because he's openly giving up his role for basically no reason while accusing math of rolefishing. doesn't seem like a real thought to me. "Hey, this person voted me based on draft analysis. They must be scum rolefishing me! Also, I'll claim, because that makes a lot of sense as a thing to do in this scenario."

On an unrelated note, I ?think? I know who janitor is.
In post 170, Ausuka wrote:
In post 166, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:
In post 162, Ausuka wrote:the vote on beefster is because he's openly giving up his role for basically no reason while accusing math of rolefishing. doesn't seem like a real thought to me. "Hey, this person voted me based on draft analysis. They must be scum rolefishing me! Also, I'll claim, because that makes a lot of sense as a thing to do in this scenario."
I mean I DO agree that the thought process DOESN'T make sense BUT scum would also be aware of this and probably NOT think like this Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑)

Like it relay... doesn't make sense to claim because a townie is ROLEFIHSING you...
Yeah, it doesn't make sense it makes even less sense to claim, on page 1, because a scumread is rolefishing you.

I think generally if someone does something that doesn't make sense if they're town, they're scum. I do often see scum taking refuge in audacity, doing things that make no sense so people are like "why do that as scum?"
Ausuka is scum

VOTE: Ausuka
This is what I'm talking about when you're creating dichotomies and not really engaging with your thoughts.

You keep throwing blanket statements on people over your reads without actually pushing them, and conversely, I think
Ausuka
makes a valid statement here to clarify her viewpoint.
In post 275, Lovebird wrote:
In post 195, Iconeum wrote:It really makes me feel like you wanna appear active while not having to take a stance, and I scumread you for it.
My vote isn't RVS.
Awkward
So... you call an opening vote scummy, and then say the reason behind it is awkward when it was pledged to be a serious vote...

This looks to me like you're trying to place WIFOM or suspicion on
Iconeum
without really creating or backing up a certain stance. If you explained half of your assessments that would make it much easier to read you.
In post 277, Lovebird wrote:
In post 218, Taly wrote:Lovebird, you stated that the people on page 1 are town, can you provide some reasoning, and has that changed for you?
They were towny. Idk, will go back and look.
I've yet to see you go back and look, unless there's a post I completely overlooked.
In post 279, Lovebird wrote:Ok, ausuka is scum. Maybe ico too. Think janitor is town
Why is
Janitor
town to you? I agree with this opinion but you're not responding to the wagon onto him. Furthermore, you keep stating other people who are working to gamesolve as scum without justifying your view and working to understand others.
In post 506, Lovebird wrote:
In post 302, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:
In post 170, Ausuka wrote: I think generally if someone does something that doesn't make sense if they're town, they're scum. I do often see scum taking refuge in audacity, doing things that make no sense so people are like "why do that as scum?"
LOVEBIRD can you TALK TO ME about WHY this sort of reasoning is MORE likely to come from scum? Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑)

When I first read it I liked the NUANCE of the angle but after some sleep it doesnt ping me as town BUT I don't really scumread it? 「(°ヘ°)

Also where do YOU think Math-sensei's townread of you is coming from? (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧
Just, scummy way of talking. Nervousness, skittish.

Idk, I tricked math as scum before. Fine with him townreading me, though :)
Yeah, I don't see how you came to that conclusion when you saw
Ausuka
explaining herself... What does "scummy way of talking" mean? If you're referring to syntax then there's no way that is AI.

And why are you bringing up a game with
Math
here, and then just saying you're fine with the townread? Why not question his reasoning if you haven't really engaged with him?
In post 587, Lovebird wrote:Ausuka making the one big post where she goes from scumreading ircher to townreading him is weird. If you read through and change your mind before post is finished, why do you include first parts in the first place.
I can see someone providing their thought process to make others understand their stance more. Where's the scum-motivation in waffling there?
In post 588, Lovebird wrote:
In post 579, The Janitor wrote:Okay I have 30 spare minutes let's gooooo
In post 336, Mathdino wrote:VOTE: Ircher
why do you find it unnecessary to not address any of his concerns and naked vote inistead?
In post 350, the worst wrote:how do you read me (besides adorable)?
Is there really any other way to, honestly?
In post 412, mutantdevle wrote:Vengeful has been in 7 PYP X/Y games. Of those, 57% (4) have been town.
Ya, I figured picking Vengeful is not really typical for either faction but would you agree about scum profiting more from it from the vig option and/or a vig being more likely town?
In post 419, Ausuka wrote:@janitor; If you believe Simyk has been posting lots of non-fluffy content, why doesn't that make her town to you?
I'm townleaning there after catching up.

to 428 seems mostly fluff to me when there's enough to discussion I reckon
In post 447, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:In the future shall we see what you had PLEDGED to PROVIDE (O_O ;;) ?
What exactly?

Okay and I'm out again! Sorry for being shit at planning.
I think this is towny
Hi, I think he's town too.

But he's being suspected by a good portion of the playerlist.

Why not elaborate on your thoughts there?
In post 819, Lovebird wrote:
In post 594, davesaz wrote:Good, it wasn't a gambit.
Town
Sigh...
In post 822, Lovebird wrote:
In post 674, Ausuka wrote:because she's scum who was manipulating the meta from mafia month and is apparently scumreading me for not editing my posts.
Lol. Manipulating meta? Explain?
Isn't your scumread on
Ausuka
based around meta?

Because otherwise, I don't know how else you've come to the conclusion that they're scum.
In post 832, Lovebird wrote:
Mathdino

mutantdevle
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis

Ausuka
the worst
Almost50

brassherald
Lalendra
Beefster

The Janitor

Lovebird

Iconeum
Taly
Ircher

I had reason for janitor town, can't remember rn.
:facepalm:... Are you purposely trying not to engage with the playerlist here? There's plenty of content to look through and discuss.
In post 890, Lovebird wrote:
In post 885, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 881, Lovebird wrote:
In post 752, Eddie Cane wrote:This isn't how you played before.

Why is Ausuka scum? And Ico? And you townread a scummy slot. Hng. Fos Lovebird.
Played before when?
Boon game.
Oh yeah. Idk what difference you see. My games are too much reading now, though.
Are you saying you can't keep up here? If you are, then you could ask questions and start from there...
In post 891, Lovebird wrote:
In post 889, Taly wrote:Scum
Lovebird - Slight Scumread - Literally posts "this is town" and "this is scum" without giving reasons and then disappears. Unhelpful, and I question how genuine their reads are.
Lol.
:roll: Pretty tired of being written off when I speak out in this game.
In post 906, Lovebird wrote:
In post 903, Taly wrote:Your posts serve to generate a dichotomy or a discredit because you've also kept your vote on Ausuka since 273 without going into depth on why she's scum to you. I'd like you to elaborate on your thoughts in full.
What?
...It's a straight forward question, what are the explanations behind your reads, and specifically what do you find to be scum-motivated in
Ausuka
?
In post 937, Lovebird wrote:VOTE: Iconeum
Yay! Another vote that does not serve to congeal with town, OR push for content or perception within the game while trying to understand.
In post 974, Lovebird wrote:Not explainging things isn't my scum style. Everyone just always townreads big walls and explanations anyways.
Disagree here, but saying you don't explain things as scum doesn't make you town automatically... That just sounds like an excuse for you to NOT explain your thoughts.
In post 990, Lovebird wrote:
In post 988, mutantdevle wrote:@Lovebird can you please explain what on earth is going through your head when you decide to randomly naked vote the #1 in the draft list without any real discussion surrounding the potential of them being scum?
I said my reasons for iconeum being scum. Nobody else is voting ausuka, so I decided to switch things up.
It's been about 900 posts, and your reads haven't really changed, and you haven't explained any of them.

You're also switching your votes based on what catches traction, but not what you genuinely want to push out of your own opinions.
In post 994, Lovebird wrote:Idk.

VOTE: Taly
"Don't know, gonna throw the vote on the person who's given reasons for scumreading me"

~~~

Conclusions

Iconeum:
I feel like my biggest thing with
Iconeum
is that we're not in sync and we haven't shared many of the same opinions in this game. I don't think that's AI, and I also like some points and questions he's asked up to this point. I don't feel very strongly placing him as town, but I definitely don't understand the desire to push or lynch him. He's taking angles at situations different from others and that's always something I feel comes from town based on how genuine it is on a grander scope.

Lalendra:
A lot of their posting doesn't really serve to sway people in any particular direction, but they have made their opinions known. I think a continued wagon/push here would be unproductive and unhelpful seeing as how there's not a lot of feedback for or against this wagon. My scumread here is much more fragile in nature and in confidence now.

Lovebird:
Actively working to NOT get in sync with other people's reads. The fact that they don't defend their townreads or push their scumreads feels disingenuous. Their response to the overall gamestate is apathetic and I don't see how their mentality is coming from a town POV. They only really contribute when other people are being discussed as a major topic, and it doesn't make sense how there's been very little engagement directed to her.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Lovebird

1)
I generally have some form of townlean/townread on the people that have been on their wagon to my knowledge.
{Ausuka, Iconeum, Eddie, SIMYK}

2)
Lovebird
has become my most confident scumread so far, and I see valid reasons to push them as opposed to the other major wagons of the day.
{Ircher, Janitor, Lalendra}

3)
We're getting very close to the deadline, and a lot of people are in some form of agreement with this wagon and/or potential lynch.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Taly »

This is only a vague list of my more solid townreads and scumreads.

Everything
NOT
in here is either some form of conflicted, null, or read I'm working to sort.

Town - Top To Bottom In Confidence

Mathdino
SIMYK
Ausuka
Ircher
Eddie
Janitor
TW (Still Relatively Confident Even At Bottom)

Scum - Bottom To Top In Confidence

Lalendra (Most Fragile)
Lovebird
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1293, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1292, Eddie Cane wrote:Still need answers from: Lovebird, Mathdino, Ausuka, Myloninja, Janitor, Iconeum, Taly, from memory
Never mind, have Saske and Ircher.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 10:11 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1300, Ircher wrote:
The Wiki Page that Mathdino wrote and Mutantdevle linked to wrote:While this practice is commonly seen as scum-indicative, no data has been compiled on the actual effectiveness of self-voting as a towntell or a scumtell. The lack of strong evidence one way or the other has led some players to believe that voting for self-voters is actually just a Policy Lynch for anti-town behavior.
That's the fucking point smartass....

You get policy lynched for self-voting. So don't self-vote.
I mostly just lurk now.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 1299, Eddie Cane wrote:lalendra, do you think theres any major differences in your alignments?
Whose alignments?
Show
"Lalendra is her usual mislynch self." - FlavorLeaf
"Lal was interesting. I wavered from okay that could be a confused townie to WTF." - StefanB
"nothing in lalendra's ISO suggests town
but then again nothing in lalendra's entire career suggests town" - Mathdino
~ V/LA on weekends ~
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 1301, Ircher wrote:
Lalendra wrote:Ausuka's 568 is super waffly in terms of a read on Ircher. I've never seen someone flip-flop that much on one person in one post.
I disagree significantly. Out of context, yes. Did you factor in Ausuka's meta experience before making this statement?
@Lalendra
I think I already mentioned that I don't have any meta with Ausuka. Regardless, I still find it strange. I'm not really sure how someone can write a post and change their mind multiple times within that post with regard to a single slot. It seemed wishy-washy and as though she was leaving room to read you either way post-flip. So the short answer is no, I didn't factor in meta because I don't have any to speak of, and maybe it is a playstyle thing, but it seems very off to me and not towny.
Show
"Lal was interesting. I wavered from okay that could be a confused townie to WTF." - StefanB
~ V/LA on weekends ~
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Lalendra »

LOL@Mutant.

Taly, I will respond to your questions later when I'm not phone-posting.
Show
~ V/LA on weekends ~
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1306, Lalendra wrote:
In post 1299, Eddie Cane wrote:lalendra, do you think theres any major differences in your alignments?
Whose alignments?
your town and scum game
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
The Janitor
The Janitor
Townie
The Janitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 10:55 am

Post by The Janitor »

@Ed

My reads are duck, Taly, SIMYK, mutant town and lalendra and lovebird I find scummy. Have concerns with Dino that I voiced. Ircher is also wacky but lovebird and LAL are less active atm. Ausuka light suspicion
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1304, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1293, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1292, Eddie Cane wrote:Still need answers from: Lovebird, Mathdino, Ausuka, Myloninja, Janitor, Iconeum, Taly, from memory
Never mind, have Saske and Ircher.
still need mathdino, ausuka, mylo, ico

I'll post later regardless but it won't work properly if everyone doesnt participate

also, this is getting apathetic we need a lunch soon.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm kinda holding out a little to see where youre going Eddie. Agreed tho no point doing much of interest especially with those 4 players being the ones were waiting on
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Hi.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Lovebird »

How am I supposed to respond to 1302? Getting talked to death.

None of things you describe are scummy.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by the worst »

vote someone who is more likely to be scum?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

eddie mfin cane i didn't realise you were polling everyone

reads look something like

high town: Taly, SIMYK, TW

likely town: Eddie Cane, davesaz, mutant (sheeping)

nulltown: Myloninja, Lovebird, Ircher

everyone else: Ausuka, Iconeum, Lalendra, Janitor

if i'm wrong about a townread it's either
- the worst, who is good at scum
or
- A50/davesaz, who will claim scum by play down the line anyway
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1305, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1300, Ircher wrote:
That's the fucking point *******....

You get policy lynched for self-voting. So don't self-vote.
You said it was scummy; I'm showing it is not necessarily scummy; anti-town != scum-motivated.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1315, the worst wrote:vote someone who is more likely to be scum?
I guess. Voting lalendra doesn't feel good. People sure she's not just lynchbaity?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1307, Lalendra wrote:
In post 1301, Ircher wrote:
@Lalendra
I think I already mentioned that I don't have any meta with Ausuka. Regardless, I still find it strange. I'm not really sure how someone can write a post and change their mind multiple times within that post with regard to a single slot. It seemed wishy-washy and as though she was leaving room to read you either way post-flip. So the short answer is no, I didn't factor in meta because I don't have any to speak of, and maybe it is a playstyle thing, but it seems very off to me and not towny.
I meant Ausuka's meta experience with me.
As to changing their mind during a post--perhaps it is because their post covers a large portion of posts? So, you might think one thing at first, but as you read further, you might think something else later. (Now, I can't remember specificly if that is the exact case here, but I think it is.)

I mean, it is not necessarily that your read is wrong; I just want to make sure that your read factors in everything that needs to be factored in.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1302, Taly wrote:Yeah, I don't see how you came to that conclusion when you saw Ausuka explaining herself... What does "scummy way of talking" mean? If you're referring to syntax then there's no way that is AI.
Totally wrong

Some people are just awkward as scum. Can't deal with being informed. Idk how you could even disagree with that.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Mathdino »

she's definitely just lynchbaity

ircher your defence is terrible because policy lynches are good and intimidate scum into not doing openly anti-town things
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Ircher »

Okay, but self-voting when at like L-3 or L-4 or L-5 may be blatantly anti-town, but has very low risk.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by Mathdino »

why should i give a shit how risky it was

what matters is that it's blatantly anti-town lol
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Ircher »

What do scum accomplish from a self-voting? A weak AtE argument. How many times do I have to explain this anyway? I've already done it like twice.

Return to “Completed Open Games”