Fallout Mafia - Commonwealth Edition (Day 8)

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 5:03 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 922, Ramcius wrote:
In post 921, Ankamius wrote:Do I need to show you examples of when I abused an early scumflip to my advantage as scum?

Trust me, that's not even close to a weird statement for me to make.
So, you think this town is easy to abuse for scum?
I misread the question, but it still applies. One very loud voice and a lot of quiet or moderate voices is a very weak town, yes.
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 925, Ankamius wrote:One very loud voice and a lot of quiet or moderate voices is a very weak town, yes.
I think what you mean to say here is actually, "One loud voice stomping all over everyone else and not letting anyone else contribute anything of value."

But yeah.
Jangle and ESL!

The ETL half of this hydra is V/LA on weekends.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 923, Ankamius wrote:I think day 1 scumlynches are a net negative for town unless they're way ahead of where they're supposed to be relative to the amount of information they have.

This is not that type of situation at all because this Vent-push has drowned out 80% of the game. Even if Vent does flip scum, where does that get us, exactly? Limited information based on associations towards that slot and very little else directly, and less indirect information because this push was brute forced through.
What you suggesting then? Flip someone else? Who have enough associations and is scummy enough for it?

I see you complaining how bad Vent scumflip would be, but i don't see you doing something substantial to change it, do you really need RC permission to push someone else?

Also, little known fact, but you there are other methods to find scums than just rely on postflip associations
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 5:16 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 927, Ramcius wrote:
In post 923, Ankamius wrote:I think day 1 scumlynches are a net negative for town unless they're way ahead of where they're supposed to be relative to the amount of information they have.

This is not that type of situation at all because this Vent-push has drowned out 80% of the game. Even if Vent does flip scum, where does that get us, exactly? Limited information based on associations towards that slot and very little else directly, and less indirect information because this push was brute forced through.
What you suggesting then? Flip someone else? Who have enough associations and is scummy enough for it?

I see you complaining how bad Vent scumflip would be, but i don't see you doing something substantial to change it, do you really need RC permission to push someone else?

Also, little known fact, but there are other methods to find scums than just rely on postflip associations
EBWOP :?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 927, Ramcius wrote:

Also, little known fact, but you there are other methods to find scums than just rely on postflip associations
Oh, really.
In post 834, Ankamius wrote:
In post 833, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:I dunno, still gut feel is that there's something weird in your read trajectories...
If i could with certainty say that means you're scum I'd have voted you by now.
Oh while you're here and I'm reminded;

If you are who I think you are, it's strange you haven't interacted with me at all (unless the anonymity is the reason why). Are you willing to discuss reads at all?
In post 835, Ankamius wrote:
In post 652, Ankamius wrote:Hey Ghost, while you're here:

I'm hard-townreading your slot due to RC, but why do the posts in
your
half of the hydra feel so weird to me? Is there something about your combined play that I'm missing or am I sensing playstyle clashes?
Huh. I reached this point in the game again and I don't have that feeling anymore.

That's probably an indication that my overall read has shifted and I need to flesh out where that places everyone again.
In post 837, Ankamius wrote:
In post 658, REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE wrote:MANread of the day:

ankamius is town
Serious question: Do you have prior experience playing with me?
In post 838, Ankamius wrote:
In post 688, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 512, Impossibear wrote:Ok, maybe. I could see this line of reasoning. I personally didn't get that when I read his ISO. I'll re-review I guess. I'm trying to figure out why people are so gung ho about this wagon. Like, is it something you'd need to look really deeply to find? Because.. nothing stood out to me the way it apparently is for you and Ouro.
For me, I've seen scum trying to directly engage with the person scumreading them and try to discredit the validity of the read or try to reason their way out of it. My memory might be a bit hazy example that came to my mind reading Vent's posts was SerraPaladin's posts in the 2016 Team Trap Mafia where he said the player who was scumreading them was doing it for reasons other than the content of their posts. I know Vent's not making that same exact argument but the nature of their defense feels like it comes from that same kind of mindset.

Wrt to my Ank vote, I've seen more content from them as both alignments tbh. It's been a while since I've played with them iirc, but how they're approaching this game doesn't sit right with me and the lack of any explanations makes it harder to actually solidify the read. I'll admit it's a read subject to change but if I have to strongarm some content from them I will.
Serious question: Why me specifically?
In post 841, Ankamius wrote:
In post 418, Ankamius wrote:Kaede Akamatsu

MariaR
Ouroboros

Wraith
Nero Cain
hebichan
Impossibear (EspeciallyTheLies + Jingle)

Dunnstral
davesaz

REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Ventriloquist

verylazy
Wilky

Alchemist21
Tchill12
Ramcius

ManWithNoName
Kaede Akamatsu

MariaR

Nero Cain
Impossibear (EspeciallyTheLies + Jingle)
Ouroboros

hebichan
Ramcius
Wilky

REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
verylazy

Wraith
Dunnstral
davesaz
Alchemist21

ManWithNoName
Ventriloquist

Tchill12

I think this is roughly where I'm at now; I'd kind of like to hammer more of these into place since this game has gotten really hard to read over the past ten or so pages.
Yes, I've done nothing substantial to change it
because I don't have strong enough reads
, which I've been
trying
to change. That's been the entire point of my play up to this point and I'm getting really annoyed that I'm having to sift through 2-3 pages of just the same Vent stuff every time I want to catch up and try to reach my own conclusions. Most of it is useless to me and despite the fact that I independently think Ventriloquist is scum, his flip either way is not going to shift anything or give me a better idea of what we're working with.

I've already hit the point where I almost just want to vote Ventriloquist now just so we can get to a day phase where this push isn't a distraction anymore.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Ramcius »

so, you have no strong reads, you not pushing anyone, but you want someone else to be wagoned? How about yo ustep us and say "We must vote X, because he did X, Y, Z and most likely is scum". Then repeat till you get trough thick sculls and people starts vote your suggestion
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Ankamius »

I don't think you actually understand what I'm trying to get at here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:04 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

>have caught scum
>let's not lynch scum
>???
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 931, Ankamius wrote:I don't think you actually understand what I'm trying to get at here.
let me guess "I don't like main wagon, but i don't know what we should wagon instead and i don't want to push anyone, cause my reads aren't strong" sounds about right then?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:10 am

Post by MariaR »

tldr I got from this
Vent had posts saved in notepad or some shit
and they have to be scum because of it orrrr
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Ouroboros »

Pls just give me my Vent lynch. if you all want to pretend the game is solved when I'm gone then just sheep me on {RMOJ, MWNN, BEAR} containing at least one scum but most likely exactly 2.
Hydra of AnonymousGhost & RadiantCowbells

i can neither live with you nor without you
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Ouroboros »

In post 934, MariaR wrote:tldr I got from this
Vent had posts saved in notepad or some shit
and they have to be scum because of it orrrr
If you write your posts in notepad, why do you designate them as separate posts and why does he have all the proper MS formatting and stuff

but like that's the weakest in my long list of reasons to think that the venquilotristmeister is the scums.

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:16 am

Post by MariaR »

*shrug* fair point as someone who uses notepad to write down my thoughts sometime I normally do *looks at post hits quote button writes down thought moves on* Instead of the whole 1 post at a time shit.
I don't really think it's NAI but if it helps get vent lynched s u r e
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:17 am

Post by Ouroboros »

yeah but you have a level of experience with MS functionality that I'm not expecting to see from him and also have like w/e omg can we just kill the scums

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:18 am

Post by MariaR »

I'ma go play league and when I come back and see vent lynched I'ma go like "I 100% was really confident in my vent sr" to get tr haha
Pedit: Fair
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 932, RadiantCowbells wrote:>have caught scum
>let's not lynch scum
>???
Ok

Yeah I'm prod dodging the rest of the day

Have fun
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Ouroboros »

why don't you just vote so we can get this over with then lol

I've seen too many games where scum was caught and town got disinterested and decided to go do something else for no reason

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:24 am

Post by MariaR »

Guys help I can't decide if I wanna play ranked or normals reee
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Ramcius »

don't play MOBAS, they're bad :lol:
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:27 am

Post by wilky »

So lynching scum is bad for town? Ank has absolutely collapsed under a slight bit of pressure here.

VOTE: vent

L-1
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Ouroboros »

Is that necessarily a scum response tho

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:30 am

Post by MariaR »

It's not he's just trying to shade lol
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:31 am

Post by wilky »

I mean, despite the fact i've been scumreading ram most of the day I also agree with what he has said on the situation. That being that ank is trying to dispel a wagon on vent whilst also trying to cover tracks when his buddy flips scum.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 947, wilky wrote:I mean, despite the fact i've been scumreading ram most of the day I also agree with what he has said on the situation. That being that ank is trying to dispel a wagon on vent whilst also trying to cover tracks when his buddy flips scum.
That really worked out pretty well, didn't it.

UNVOTE: ManWithNoName
VOTE: Ventriloquist
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

See you all day two, looking forward to being proven right.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”