Newbie 1868 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Tarkus »

Town sometimes want longer RVS too. Scum are often more uncomfortable than town during that phase. But let's get into the meat a bit-- anything pinging you post-RVS?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Nexus »

Tarkus is definitely town, just saying.
Trans rights are human rights.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.07
Morg (2) -
Not_Mafia, Tarkus
Nexus (2) -
ManateeDude, Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall (2) -
Inferno390, Nexus
Crimson97 (1) -
bacy
Not_Mafia (1) -
Morg

Not Voting (1) -
Crimson97

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2018-05-20 11:30:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:47 am

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 175, Tarkus wrote:Town sometimes want longer RVS too. Scum are often more uncomfortable than town during that phase. But let's get into the meat a bit-- anything pinging you post-RVS?
Looking back, it isn't as scummy in ISO'S. I completely misread them. :facepalm:
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Tarkus »

Mmmmk

Can you 1) Walk me through that misread and 2) Answer my question?
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 172, Nexus wrote:
In post 168, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 166, Nexus wrote:
In post 138, Nexus wrote:My vote and his subsequent responses to my vote and my push do not convince me that he is town.
That's vague. Why, EXACTLY? What is scummy in his answers? Being defensive? Town can be defensive too, you know. And I'm pretty sure you know it. So what bothers you so much?
It's bothering me less than you're bothering me, to be fair.

It's the fact that a townie person would probably just let it go and move on to something else, whereas Morg is insistent on proving that they look town.

unvote vote Marshmallow Marshall

See how this goes I guess.
Then, why am I bothering you so much? I won't run away because you put a vote on me. A townie would probably ASK about why he got scumread. I don't care if I look like I'm defending a scummate. You're scumreading someone for not wanting to let you push him freely without explaining. And you say I bother you when I ask further reasoning? Scums are afraid of giving their detailed thoughts. Not towns.
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 12:14 pm

In post 176, Nexus wrote:Tarkus is definitely town, just saying.
Yeah, I believe him to be town too. He is scumhunting, and it seems genuine. E.g. that post below:
In post 178, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 175, Tarkus wrote:Town sometimes want longer RVS too. Scum are often more uncomfortable than town during that phase. But let's get into the meat a bit-- anything pinging you post-RVS?
Looking back, it isn't as scummy in ISO'S. I completely misread them. :facepalm:
Soooooo? What are your reads?
In post 179, Tarkus wrote:Mmmmk

Can you 1) Walk me through that misread and 2) Answer my question?
Actually, mind to answer your own question? What pings you post-RVS?
Norweegian:
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Tarkus »

Morg is still my top scumread. I've mentioned before that I think his thought progression about his wagon is scummy, and this continues to be the case. It feels like he's reaching to scumread people on his wagon but is afraid to actually commit. Seems like he's only concerned with his own wagon, and when the survivalism:scumhunting ratio is this high it sets off alarms. His ISO screams scum to me all over the place on a gut level but I'm having a hard time articulating that right now.

Crimson is a scum lean. Hasn't used his vote at all, and when I pointed this out his answer was to unvote? Seems hesitant to take a position until the Morg/Nexus wagons shake out more. He's been like, passively active which I think is scummy. Posting enough to not be a lurker but not getting into the weeds either.

Manatee is pinging me with his recent posts but I need more interaction and answers to develop a read.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I really need to reread the thread, will do so as soon as I get the chance.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Crimson97
Crimson97
Goon
Crimson97
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Crimson97 »

In post 182, Tarkus wrote:Morg is still my top scumread. I've mentioned before that I think his thought progression about his wagon is scummy, and this continues to be the case. It feels like he's reaching to scumread people on his wagon but is afraid to actually commit. Seems like he's only concerned with his own wagon, and when the survivalism:scumhunting ratio is this high it sets off alarms. His ISO screams scum to me all over the place on a gut level but I'm having a hard time articulating that right now.

Crimson is a scum lean. Hasn't used his vote at all, and when I pointed this out his answer was to unvote? Seems hesitant to take a position until the Morg/Nexus wagons shake out more. He's been like, passively active which I think is scummy. Posting enough to not be a lurker but not getting into the weeds either.

Manatee is pinging me with his recent posts but I need more interaction and answers to develop a read.
I rarely if ever use my vote on D1, i find that people know that a vote is not the end of the world for them. New players sometimes panic but soon realize it's not a big deal. My method of applying pressure D1 is through questioning people. I haven't been doing that too much this game but it was because i was busy irl and had 2 games in another site that were about to end so i kinda wanted to focus on that before getting into this game fully. Both of those games ended yesterday and the weekend is now approaching so i should have more time now.
Crimson97
Crimson97
Goon
Crimson97
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Crimson97 »

In post 64, Morg wrote:
In post 63, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 51, Nexus wrote:Were you wanting to carry on the wagon
fam
?
Tempted to policy lynch this

but VOTE: Morg

Super srs vote
Your first reasoning for voting me was 'foretold" and now you are giving me another 'super srs vote" lol

I guess the point of an RVS is throwing shit to the wall and seeing what sticks. I would have let it go if you hadn't written "foretold". I would assume you chose me because I joined late to the game thread but as I said I was having a problem with the bug but clearly you seem to have other reasons. Anyways, that's my justification for this "super srs vote".

Actually now that I think about it, he hasn't really given me any reasoning why he chose me and everything is just my assumption. What's more interesting is Nexus complaining about this wagon and voting for me even tho I addressed his points.
What did you think foretold mean? Some kind of special ability N_M had? Also how did you think this could be used again later if you didn't address it?
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 am

In post 184, Crimson97 wrote:
In post 182, Tarkus wrote:Morg is still my top scumread. I've mentioned before that I think his thought progression about his wagon is scummy, and this continues to be the case. It feels like he's reaching to scumread people on his wagon but is afraid to actually commit. Seems like he's only concerned with his own wagon, and when the survivalism:scumhunting ratio is this high it sets off alarms. His ISO screams scum to me all over the place on a gut level but I'm having a hard time articulating that right now.

I rarely if ever use my vote on D1, i find that people know that a vote is not the end of the world for them. New players sometimes panic but soon realize it's not a big deal. My method of applying pressure D1 is through questioning people. I haven't been doing that too much this game but it was because i was busy irl and had 2 games in another site that were about to end so i kinda wanted to focus on that before getting into this game fully. Both of those games ended yesterday and the weekend is now approaching so i should have more time now.
Questioning people doesn't make the vote useless. Your vote is a great pressure weapon. USE IT. I get bad vibes from that post, sounds like a scum covering up... but I got no proofs of it x.x just guts
Norweegian:
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Micc »

Prodding Not_Mafia.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:18 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I still want to lynch Morg
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 188, Not_Mafia wrote:I still want to lynch Morg
Join me.
Trans rights are human rights.
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Tarkus »

Yeah idk why you wouldn't want to use your vote, all the reasons I can think of are scummy. At the very least it gives stuff for the rest of us to work with. But ok Crimson, if you're not gonna be voting then how about some reads or input on the wagons?
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:21 am

In post 189, Nexus wrote:
Join me.
Welp... I guess that at this point, Morg's lynch gives us information more than any other lynch. He's kinda THE subject of today. So Morg, you're being rather inactive atm. Convince me not to lynch you for information. Be active. Give your reads. You still have a chance to redeem in my eyes... use it. Else you'll be the lynch.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:22 am

In post 190, Tarkus wrote:Yeah idk why you wouldn't want to use your vote, all the reasons I can think of are scummy. At the very least it gives stuff for the rest of us to work with. But ok Crimson, if you're not gonna be voting then how about some reads or input on the wagons?
Basically: don't be afraid of putting votes and questionning people. We can't win if we don't get participation from everyone.
In post 191, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 189, Nexus wrote:
Join me.
Welp... I guess that at this point, Morg's lynch gives us information more than any other lynch. He's kinda THE subject of today. So Morg, you're being rather inactive atm. Convince me not to lynch you for information. Be active. Give your reads. You still have a chance to redeem in my eyes... use it. Else you'll be the lynch.
Maybe that can help. VOTE: Morg
Norweegian:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Marsh
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Crimson97
Crimson97
Goon
Crimson97
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Crimson97 »

I am gonna be voting just don't expect me to use it as a weapon on D1.
Crimson97
Crimson97
Goon
Crimson97
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Crimson97 »

I am gonna be voting just don't expect me to use it as a weapon on D1. It's probably a bad habit of mine but voting people is not the first thing that comes to mind when i pressure someone as you can tell by the fact i had forgotten i hadn't unvoted my RVS vote. I'm probably gonna be voting Morg today but he's already at L-2 so i think i'm gonna wait for that.

I have already given my reads on Morg and Marsh.
N_M needs more content on his posts, most of his posts are just one liners athat don't add anything to the game, same with Manatee.
Tarkus seems townie and feels like he's genuinely trying to get reads and solve the game.
I don't really have any strong opinions on inferno, bacy and Nexus, i'll go and re read the thread to get a read out of them.
Micc is def mafia
Crimson97
Crimson97
Goon
Crimson97
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Crimson97 »

Eh i thought that first post hadn't been sent.

N_M here you say you wanna PL Morg
In post 63, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 51, Nexus wrote:Were you wanting to carry on the wagon
fam
?
Tempted to policy lynch this

but VOTE: Morg

Super srs vote
But here you say he's scum
In post 124, Not_Mafia wrote:There's no grudge he's just scum (as are you)

and 95%+ of my mafia experience is here, I think you asked earlier
What changed your mind? I feel like you're just getting a free ride. You're one of the main people pushing Morg and in a way he's getting pushed because of you yet you haven't given your thoughts on him. Could you expand your read on him a bit?
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Tarkus »

He was joking about policy lynching Nexus for saying "fam" lollll

I'm the only one still voting Morg btw. Marsh wagon is the new hotness
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 197, Tarkus wrote:He was joking about policy lynching Nexus for saying "fam" lollll
This is correct
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Tarkus »

Oh wait Marsh is on Morg jeeze

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”