Newbie 1868 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Nexus »

I think it's an easy out if Morg's town.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Nexus »

"sry guys we needed info" etc etc
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.09
Morg (3) -
Tarkus, Marshmallow Marshall, Nexus
Marshmallow Marshall (2) -
Inferno390, Not_Mafia
Nexus (2) -
ManateeDude, Morg
Crimson97 (1) -
bacy

Not Voting (1) -
Crimson97

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2018-05-20 11:30:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 93, ManateeDude wrote:I'm sorry guys, I haven't been as active as I like to be. For now my vote is going here:

VOTE: Nexus
Just noticed this parking of the vote and then doing fuck all. Hi buddy how we doing?
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Tarkus »

Ya I'm thinking the same wrt Marsh. Gives me a bad feeling.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 225, Nexus wrote:I think it's an easy out if Morg's town.
In post 226, Nexus wrote:"sry guys we needed info" etc etc
Not "sry guys we needed info". More like you will keep a focus on morg if he doesnt die. It'll drag attention away from the general game. And as I said he's my 4th suspect, so not THAT MUCH a town read. I would just not have him lynched if I was playing alone. (ik thats not logic)

His lynch, because it's strongly wanted by some players, and not wanted by some others, reveals allegiancies. We are in a 7v2, this is not a merciless setup. We can afford a mislynch if it gives us tons of info. But you're trying to scumpaint me atm, right...
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 9:02 am

In post 228, Nexus wrote:
In post 93, ManateeDude wrote:I'm sorry guys, I haven't been as active as I like to be. For now my vote is going here:

VOTE: Nexus
Just noticed this parking of the vote and then doing fuck all. Hi buddy how we doing?
ManateeDude? I literally had forgot you were into the game. Give us your reads please, and tell us why your vote is on Nexus. Post 93 was still in RVS I think lol.
In post 229, Tarkus wrote:Ya I'm thinking the same wrt Marsh. Gives me a bad feeling.
Okay
Norweegian:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Morg

EL MINUS JUAN
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tarkus
Tarkus
Goon
Tarkus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Tarkus »

Hey now get in line yall I'm still waiting on an answer to :p
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 230, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Not "sry guys we needed info". More like you will keep a focus on morg if he doesnt die. It'll drag attention away from the general game. And as I said he's my 4th suspect, so not THAT MUCH a town read. I would just not have him lynched if I was playing alone. (ik thats not logic)
Mate I had my vote on you. I was happy to let Morg lie. Then he was scummy again.

Now I'm calling out Manatee and then of course you come in to echo the same thing. Some original thought might be nice.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Nexus »

Anyone up for a threat to hammer to get the claim out?
Crimson97
Crimson97
Goon
Crimson97
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Crimson97 »

In post 210, bacy wrote:Crimson's only getting scummier, i feel like he's overly cautious, afraid to commit to anything, i don't get the town pov from most of his posts, plus the whole voting thing... everything has already been said and explained basically. Yet i'm still the only one voting for him.. hop on guys. honestly think it could be something here
Voting isn't the only way to commit to things. I have already said who i think is scummy and who isn't and stated my opinions. It'd be really easy for me to jump on a wagon but i choose not to.
In post 218, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 213, Tarkus wrote:Bacy I agree, but I'm not gonna vote there now. Sorry but Morg needs rope.
I will vote him... but it's really for information. I don't believe he's scum, but if we don't lynch him he'll always be the guy some people scumread, making the game stall.
Are you talking about Morg or me? What info do you think you can get from the lynch?
In post 209, Morg wrote:
In post 185, Crimson97 wrote: What did you think foretold mean? Some kind of special ability N_M had? Also how did you think this could be used again later if you didn't address it?
About this, I was not referring to any ability. I was referring to the fact that he's so absolutely sure of the fact that I am indeed scum. To put that level of confidence in your very first post of the day and that too accusing someone without interrogating them or getting reads is something that I couldn't ignore. So I had to address it. But I didn't know he would be such a troll.
N_M would have probably been voted into oblivion if he was serious about your lynch. Scum wouldn't do a play like that and nobody has a solid reason to lynch you that early in the game unless you seriously fucked up. If you really are town you should keep that in mind.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Micc »

Prodding ManateeDude.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 1:30 pm

In post 236, Crimson97 wrote:
In post 210, bacy wrote:Crimson's only getting scummier, i feel like he's overly cautious, afraid to commit to anything, i don't get the town pov from most of his posts, plus the whole voting thing... everything has already been said and explained basically. Yet i'm still the only one voting for him.. hop on guys. honestly think it could be something here
Voting isn't the only way to commit to things. I have already said who i think is scummy and who isn't and stated my opinions. It'd be really easy for me to jump on a wagon but i choose not to.
In post 218, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 213, Tarkus wrote:Bacy I agree, but I'm not gonna vote there now. Sorry but Morg needs rope.
I will vote him... but it's really for information. I don't believe he's scum, but if we don't lynch him he'll always be the guy some people scumread, making the game stall.
Are you talking about Morg or me? What info do you think you can get from the lynch?
In post 209, Morg wrote:
In post 185, Crimson97 wrote: What did you think foretold mean? Some kind of special ability N_M had? Also how did you think this could be used again later if you didn't address it?
About this, I was not referring to any ability. I was referring to the fact that he's so absolutely sure of the fact that I am indeed scum. To put that level of confidence in your very first post of the day and that too accusing someone without interrogating them or getting reads is something that I couldn't ignore. So I had to address it. But I didn't know he would be such a troll.
N_M would have probably been voted into oblivion if he was serious about your lynch. Scum wouldn't do a play like that and nobody has a solid reason to lynch you that early in the game unless you seriously fucked up. If you really are town you should keep that in mind.
About Morg. I'll look deeper into your case on D2. The information we get is that depending on the flip, we can see how people reacted to the lynch train and how they voted.
Norweegian:
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by bacy »

In post 236, Crimson97 wrote:
Never said it was the only one, but it is the most effective one. It does feel like you don't want to put yourself out there by not voting, which is scummy. As for your reads, they lack originality. Which is scummy as well. You basically just repeated stuff that have already been said by someone else before. It feels like you haven't really developed any of your own reads. It's obviously hard for scum to portray theyre 'scumhunting', which is exactly the case with you. It doesnt seem like you're genuinely scumhunting.
Morg
Morg
Townie
Morg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Morg »

That's all I had to say. I'm done. Do what you guys might and be prepared for a rude awakening.

Morg
Morg
Townie
Morg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Morg »

In post 216, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Tarkus is acting very scummy? LOL. He tried to get reads out of people. He tried to see your reaction, which was bigger than normal people's. So, does that mean, alone, that you're scum? No. It gave me the feeling you were getting scapegoated. But what I see now is scummy. You were not in imminent danger of being lynched. You were at L-2, I think. At L-2 on the first IRL days of D1. Really, soooo dangerous... You earned a pressure vote, which you apparently hated.

How is he helping town to scumhunt? Idk, maybe by asking people what pinged them post-RVS (refocusing the discussion on productive stuff)? Or asking for more reflexion? If I were to ISO him I'm sure I'd find more interesting stuff. For all that, +scumpoints.

Tarkus did not really investigate further Nexus, that's true. But the interesting part is that you're STILL being super defensive. I think a scum would have immediatly stopped and try to bury it. So +townpoints.

Mhmm. I don't like Nexus either. And I'm starting to see why I got linked with you: we don't like Nexus. I dislike this. I trust Tarkus, but not Nexus.

Lol. No. Voting D1 is literally the only thing you can do to start the game. Then you start reading people, and your vote is there to put pressure. Nexus said something similar as an IC. So, nope.

Nexus #1 Not_Mafia #2 Crimson97 #3 for me. And you come #4th.[/spoiler]
Most of his posts were about me along with throwing shade on Crimson. And what is this RVS you are talking about? He just poked Crimson about it and no one else. How is that considered an "active" scum hunt.

I can't ignore the buddying going on since that struck me when he put his vote for me along with a reason of getting defensive even tho I have mentioned why exactly.

So that leads me to believe Tarkus is the second scum after Nexus.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Nexus »

In post 240, Morg wrote:That's all I had to say. I'm done. Do what you guys might and be prepared for a rude awakening.

If you are town you definitely should claim. It’s not a pro town thing to keep quiet.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by Nexus »

Assuming someone expresses an intent to hammer.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 7:07 am

In post 240, Morg wrote:That's all I had to say. I'm done. Do what you guys might and be prepared for a rude awakening.

Really??? Much helpful to Town. That's a bad, even stupid reaction. Claim a role.
Norweegian:
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Micc »

Prodding Inferno390.
Searching for a replacement for ManateeDude.
Morg
Morg
Townie
Morg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Post by Morg »

In post 211, Nexus wrote:
So anyone who thinks I'm town is scum?

This is not a good post. I think you are scared about the IC suspecting you and you are trying to get anyone to think you are scum. I think if I wasn't the IC, you wouldn't be so worried about my vote on you earlier - if I were an SE you wouldn't be as defensive.

So I'm probably going to shift my vote to you, like this:

unvote

vote: Morg

We'll see what happens.
Hah! This is by far THE most you have written so far. So you are finally talking. It's amazing how I confirm my suspicions on you and change my vote and you directly talk to me by quoting my post.
Don't worry I'm not claiming anytime soon. I have a very strict stance on not claiming my role.
Morg
Morg
Townie
Morg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by Morg »

In post 244, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Really??? Much helpful to Town. That's a bad, even stupid reaction. Claim a role.
How will my claim help you all? You have to other reasons to believe me other than your reads on my posts. If you want to get misdirected by Nexus then I'll advice to use your own head and go through me and him and then reach a decision.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Post by Nexus »

In post 246, Morg wrote:
In post 211, Nexus wrote:
So anyone who thinks I'm town is scum?

This is not a good post. I think you are scared about the IC suspecting you and you are trying to get anyone to think you are scum. I think if I wasn't the IC, you wouldn't be so worried about my vote on you earlier - if I were an SE you wouldn't be as defensive.

So I'm probably going to shift my vote to you, like this:

unvote

vote: Morg

We'll see what happens.
Hah! This is by far THE most you have written so far. So you are finally talking. It's amazing how I confirm my suspicions on you and change my vote and you directly talk to me by quoting my post.
Don't worry I'm not claiming anytime soon. I have a very strict stance on not claiming my role.
Finally some fight. Its good not to claim if there's no intent to hammer.

Ill
unvote
so as there is no lol hammer from a replacement.

Lets say both you and i are town, where would you go next?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 3:42 am

Post by Micc »