Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Like, so, so wrong. Progression on ank made absolute sense. Had reasons to scumread, talked about them, then ank made lolshot, thought he was giving up.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1300, Taly wrote:3) 948 to 952 are nothing but say that Chick is scum for little to no reason.
Oh nooo, didn't write 5 paragraph essay, must be scum
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1300, Taly wrote:958 seems like survivalistic posting, given they aren't making any attempt to push their reads or ideas. They mostly just shade others while ignoring any attempt to townbloc.
You're ignoring context I said that in.

Where do I "shade others"? Is shade just word you use to make having scumread be scummy?

How does that last part make me scum? Scum want to be in townblock above all.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1304, Taly wrote:Their "Mother's Day" post was sympathetic and I believe it's outside-game genuine; but in-game, it reads as a prodg
Ya I'm prodging don't think there's much to do with no votes or no shots.
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Austerity »

In post 1324, Taly wrote:I do see the likelihood that
Iconeum
is scum, I just haven't found a lot of reasoning that explicitly points to that. I've stated multiple reasons behind my recommended shots and nobody's given a major opinion about them. I'd rather see people actually state their thoughts behind someone-scum versus
"yeah, I want him to die"
I don't actually think he's incredibly likely to flip scum-- as in, I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped town.

But the argument for shooting him is just that it's very unlikely that, if he is town, he will ever be able to get to the point where people are confident he is town.

In a nightless game, you deal with the question marks sooner rather than later because that's the only way to weed out scum hiding in the townreads.
Show
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1329, Austerity wrote:
Iconeum
is scum, I just haven't found a lot of reasoning that explicitly points to that. I've stated multiple reasons behind my recommended shots and nobody's given a major opinion about them. I'd rather see people actually state their thoughts behind someone-scum versus
I don't actually think he's incredibly likely to flip scum-- as in, I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped town.

But the argument for shooting him is just that it's very unlikely that, if he is town, he will ever be able to get to the point where people are confident he is town.

In a nightless game, you deal with the question marks sooner rather than later because that's the only way to weed out scum hiding in the townreads.
Definitely right
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1323, Lovebird wrote:
In post 1300, Taly wrote:
Lovebird

1)
Shot obvtown in without much thought.
Lol. Unbelievably wrong.
I'm sorry, but in what world does it occur to you to just shoot the one person defending a reasoned townread in a game that can easily become chaotic? They've made their reads and thought process clear and you shot them because... they didn't agree with you? I still don't know why?

But it's great to know that you're only concerned with posting
WHEN
someone suspects you. :D
Lovebird wrote:Like, so, so wrong. Progression on ank made absolute sense. Had reasons to scumread, talked about them, then ank made lolshot, thought he was giving up.
Remind me again?
In post 94, Lovebird wrote:
In post 89, Bins wrote:
In post 77, Lovebird wrote:I wonder if the random shots are more towny than scummy
if I was scum i'd shoot just because id get away with it
Doesn't seem like people getting away with it so far.
In post 90, Ankamius wrote:nah

Taly already close to obvtowned. Shooting him is a scumclaim.
Why?

And, why so confident? Don't get it.
In post 101, Lovebird wrote:Idk. I think scum who don't want to get shot know that they have to be obvious town really quick. Or, that's what they expect they need to do, at least.
In post 106, Lovebird wrote:
In post 102, Gorkington wrote:how do i make myself look obviously town
Tell people to stop random shooting and do strategy posts

Like taly
In post 107, Lovebird wrote:
In post 105, Ankamius wrote:In this type of game,

early attention = B A D
But, you already proved this wrong by hard defending taly.

Idk. This mentality loses to scum just thinking one level deeper, I feel.
Your reasons from what I'm seeing:

1)
Defending a townread...
2)
Being overconfident???
3)
States that an approach doesn't work, but doesn't state how it's inherently scum.
Lovebird wrote:
In post 1300, Taly wrote:3) 948 to 952 are nothing but say that Chick is scum for little to no reason.
Oh nooo, didn't write 5 paragraph essay, must be scum
You keep trying to degrade and write off my reasons for suspecting you without actually engaging with the points I made.

Either you're avoiding the conversation or you're not invested in solving the game, or aligning with your reads.

Neither of which are changing my reads on you right now.
Lovebird wrote:
In post 1300, Taly wrote:958 seems like survivalistic posting, given they aren't making any attempt to push their reads or ideas. They mostly just shade others while ignoring any attempt to townbloc.
You're ignoring context I said that in.

Where do I "shade others"? Is shade just word you use to make having scumread be scummy?

How does that last part make me scum? Scum want to be in townblock above all.
Shade = Cast suspicion.

You could've easily engaged with me, directly talked to
Chick
, or any specific scumread you've had in this game.

But instead, you haven't posted to push those reads other than talk about them, and a lot of your engagement is responding to other people without making a lot of assessments.
Lovebird wrote:
In post 1304, Taly wrote:Their "Mother's Day" post was sympathetic and I believe it's outside-game genuine; but in-game, it reads as a prodg
Ya I'm prodging don't think there's much to do with no votes or no shots.
WGC
has a shot.
Austerity wrote:
Iconeum

If you're not surprised that he flips town, then why don't you say what makes you hesitate?

I'm assuming with 14 other people you've got a stronger scumread where you're more confident? Why not push for something you have a strong belief in while asking questions for what you don't know, versus killing off what you know and then saving what you do know later?

The first path is better logistically and for informative reasons.

Since we're obviously doing a shit job with accuracy in this game, we SHOULD put forth more effort into eliminating what we definitively believe to be scum WHILE we ask questions upon gaining information that'll serve us a lot of use.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Taly »

I'm about to go to bed, so I probably won't be able to respond to anything else tonight.

But I'm going to think a bit on my
Lovebird
read in depth with their newer responses and reply tomorrow.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Taly »

Taly wrote:Why not push for something you have a strong belief in while asking questions for what you don't know, versus killing off what you
don't
know and then saving what you do know later?
Bolded is a word I forgot to add. Very tired at the moment, going to bed now. :P
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1331, Taly wrote:I'm sorry, but in what world does it occur to you to just shoot the one person defending a reasoned townread in a game that can easily become chaotic? They've made their reads and thought process clear and you shot them because... they didn't agree with you? I still don't know why?
Reasoning has nothing to do with alignment. If you think that you'll lynch town nonstop and get tricked by reasonable scum nonstop.

Just go reread it. It's literally not just disagreement.
But it's great to know that you're only concerned with posting WHEN someone suspects you.
Lol.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

jesus fucking christ this day is still going

winged wtf

Do you have literally ANY TOWNREADS? then consider their opinion on who to shoot

do you have ANY SCUMREADS? then maybe shoot them and say why you think they're scum

you whining about potentially wasting your shot and dragging on the day feels like utter bullshit when you're still fucking doing it instead of actually trying to play the godamn game
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Posts you ignored:
In post 111, Ankamius wrote:I came into this game expecting to be dead early on day one anyways so I might as well do something useful while I'm here.
In post 112, Lovebird wrote:
Towny
In post 111, Ankamius wrote:I came into this game expecting to be dead early on day one anyways so I might as well do something useful while I'm here.
Why did you vote sando
In post 113, Ankamius wrote:Pure fluff posting
In post 115, Lovebird wrote:
In post 22, Sando wrote:@Taly, let's make a townbloc mmmk.

You state you'll shoot anyone that shoots me, I've stated I'm shooting your shooter. As people join townbloc we create a circle of protection via mutually assured destruction. People without a shot left can't join, since they can't "protect" anyone else.

Keen?
In post 33, Sando wrote:
In post 30, Taly wrote:Let me make sure of how this plays out-

We protect each other by shooting who shoots us.
People who don't join the townbloc and wavelength with the protection won't be apart of this.

My biggest worry is, how would we have a strong idea someone is town who assures protection/a shot against a shooter? It's a bit early to form reads.
Townbloc is sort of a misnomer, more a non-shooty-bloc.

Step 1: Person A says they'll shoot anyone who shoots person B. Person B says they'll shoot whoever shoots person A. Thus anyone wanting to shoot A or B gets shot themselves.
Step 2: Person C wants to join. A shoots anyone shooting B, B shoots anyone shooting C, C shoots anyone shooting A. Thus you have circular protection.
Step 3: Keep extending this out as people join.

If we decide that someone in the bloc needs to die, we just nominate someone to shoot them, I'll take that as first responsibility if required.

That said, I think this would work if we just all said "we'll shoot anyone that shoots into the bloc" without the whole circle thing, but I'm just spitballing at this point.
Fluff?
In post 117, Ankamius wrote:Yes that's fluff lol
In post 118, Ankamius wrote:
Shoot: Gorkington

I'm going to be dead by the time I'm home from work tomorrow so I want somebody fun to talk to in the dead thread.

Have a good night everyone!
In post 120, Lovebird wrote:Waiting for flip to shoot ank.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1331, Taly wrote:You keep trying to degrade and write off my reasons for suspecting you without actually engaging with the points I made.
How is saying that your reasons for scumreading don't actually catch scum not engaging with points
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1324, Taly wrote:I do see the likelihood that Iconeum is scum
ROFL

Just kill Ico then this if ico flips scum

From my memory there was some weirdness with ico that tied him to peeps, so it looked like a good shot. Really not sure about ico, just liked that he told us the most from flipping him. Wish I had more motivation too look it up right now....

Taly saying this jsut ties 1 more person to them
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1331, Taly wrote:You could've easily engaged with me, directly talked to Chick, or any specific scumread you've had in this game.
Why does talking to the person I scumread matter?

Why do you expect people to play same way you do and scumread them if they don't?
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Like, kind of bring getting scumread because I'm different than you.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Also Taly said something about wanting a Dav case so I'll just quote this b/c it has one and also conveniently has all of my unchanged reads because all of today except pushing on who to shoot has been meaningless posturing garbage

PS I don't even fucking have a read on icon b/c he hasn't been playing the game but I sure do agree with vax that Taly is a way better shot
In post 1182, Gammagooey wrote:I've been following along but my opinions haven't really changed since I posted this (and I haven't done any rereading since then):
In post 1053, Gammagooey wrote:people I think are town: bbmolla, vax, light, ausuka, random (if I haven't mentioned them before now the reason I'm townreading them is very obvious)

people who are not scum with not_mafia: theta

people who I think are not town: Taly, Davsto

people I think are not town but also probably not scum with not mafia so maybe this read is kind of dumb but deal with it: TheBrie
Still think Taly's the best shot in the game atm

Dav I know posted a readslist but it just doesn't feel like he pushed to get anyone killed the whole game except Mom and focused his play really heavily on her to the exclusion of most of the rest of the game - part of it is prob the weirdness of it being a bloodbath of the game where voting/convincing people doesn't matter nearly as much as usual, but I have no idea who he would prefer to be dead most out of anyone alive atm, and focusing on Mom and not attacking anyone else heavily feels like a way to look town while not making any enemies that might shoot him, which I think is exactly what scum want to do in this game.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Jesus. more posts tonight than the previous 5 days.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Somethings going on.

Games played.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by Lovebird »

So

1) My shot on ank made perfect sense
2) Your other reasons all boil down to me playing different than you
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1342, Vaxkiller wrote:Jesus. more posts tonight than the previous 5 days.
In post 1343, Vaxkiller wrote:Somethings going on.
Because I'm here :)

And annoyed that people scumread me for NAI things
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1341, Gammagooey wrote:PS I don't even fucking have a read on icon b/c he hasn't been playing the game but I sure do agree with vax that Taly is a way better shot
I didnt say he was the better shot

Games played.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

actually i dont even know if that's what vax is saying

but winged can you actually play the game and read what people have said and then come to your own independent conclusion on who you think is scum and shoot them instead of trying to rely on everyone else to play the game for you

because you said you'd shoot by tonight and it sure looks like you're not going to do it

@vax - hi
i'm slightly inebriated and legit irritated what's up
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1345, Lovebird wrote:
In post 1342, Vaxkiller wrote:Jesus. more posts tonight than the previous 5 days.
In post 1343, Vaxkiller wrote:Somethings going on.
Because I'm here :)

And annoyed that people scumread me for NAI things
I have no read on you.

Is someoen pushing you?

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1347, Gammagooey wrote:i'm slightly inebriated and legit irritated what's up
lol ok i got 20 min before i pass out, 6 beers in. Townr eading you up intil this point, but i like ur post.

Ughhh lemme lok up ico stuff

Games played.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”