Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 319, pinturicchio wrote:I can talk to you. What do you think about the worst's case on Espeonage
Weak, and the interaction is why I'm not TRing duckling.

I also did not like Espe's posts, but for different reasons than duckling has posted. It also doesn't strike me as TvT, but then nothing this game has so...
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 324, pinturicchio wrote:You flaking aussies come here and talk to me! If you leave me alone you'll regret... You better run, you better take cover
Your dedication to this is a source of inspiration to me :lol: :lol:
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 325, Sando wrote:
In post 319, pinturicchio wrote:I can talk to you. What do you think about the worst's case on Espeonage
Weak, and the interaction is why I'm not TRing duckling.

I also did not like Espe's posts, but for different reasons than duckling has posted. It also doesn't strike me as TvT, but then nothing this game has so...
But in a world where you had to chose a side and in one side is duckling and in the other is Espeonage, who would you chose? This is for academic purposes, since I don't think duckling vs Esp is not TvT, I'm still trying to sort that out
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 327, pinturicchio wrote:But in a world where you had to chose a side and in one side is duckling and in the other is Espeonage, who would you chose? This is for academic purposes, since I don't think duckling vs Esp is not TvT, I'm still trying to sort that out
If I had to shoot between those two I'd shoot duckling based on him not playing to the town-meta I have of him.

Plus duck is tasty.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 328, Sando wrote:
In post 327, pinturicchio wrote:But in a world where you had to chose a side and in one side is duckling and in the other is Espeonage, who would you chose? This is for academic purposes, since I don't think duckling vs Esp is not TvT, I'm still trying to sort that out
If I had to shoot between those two I'd shoot duckling based on him not playing to the town-meta I have of him.

Plus duck is tasty.
Yeah I'm not good at reading duckling so I'll be asking this a lot.

I need your word about Draynth too. I'm biased because my last finished game is with scum!Draynth on it and I don't know how town!Draynth plays. From someone who hasn't played with Draynth, what are your thoughts on him?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 329, pinturicchio wrote:I need your word about Draynth too. I'm biased because my last finished game is with scum!Draynth on it and I don't know how town!Draynth plays. From someone who hasn't played with Draynth, what are your thoughts on him?
Never played with him, but he strikes me as a scummy lurker. His post about me and UD being scum was ill-considered and he hasn't responded to criticism of that. The lack of content gives me a lack of insight obviously, but twas him bringing up this whole thing about me and UD not reading the role PMs and opening post, so for him to subsequently stay quiet strikes me as scum setting something up for townies to kill themselves over.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by the worst »

YO

still around? I thought Draynth's thinking felt better than it did last time. He's still busy irl but the lurkiness has me a bit like. -_- tr is reducing there.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by the worst »

My case on Espe was 'why I think that post is bad' more than 'why I think he is clearly scum'. I don't see any reason to townread him or like the post. I also don't have much of a read on him.

More than anything I was surprised HOW different skitter's pov on it was.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 332, the worst wrote:My case on Espe was 'why I think that post is bad' more than 'why I think he is clearly scum'. I don't see any reason to townread him or like the post. I also don't have much of a read on him.

More than anything I was surprised HOW different skitter's pov on it was.
I like this post a lot, helps me understand your reasoning.

Could you talk about Draynth's reasoning being different here? The Sando and UD thingy was a weird thing to approach.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 330, Sando wrote:
In post 329, pinturicchio wrote:I need your word about Draynth too. I'm biased because my last finished game is with scum!Draynth on it and I don't know how town!Draynth plays. From someone who hasn't played with Draynth, what are your thoughts on him?
Never played with him, but he strikes me as a scummy lurker. His post about me and UD being scum was ill-considered and he hasn't responded to criticism of that. The lack of content gives me a lack of insight obviously, but twas him bringing up this whole thing about me and UD not reading the role PMs and opening post, so for him to subsequently stay quiet strikes me as scum setting something up for townies to kill themselves over.
Yes yes this is exactly what I see coming from him. I'll give him a pass since this time it really could be IRL business but FoS on him definetely
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 160, Draynth wrote:Yeah I'm not hopping on the skitter wagon unfortunately, I'm happy for UD to hold his reasoning as someone (Sando) explained it can pretty much negate said reasoning but i'm also not gonna join a wagon based on that withheld info.

I'd also like to see TYR's response to because , ironically, feels ingenuine. Seems like he's being opportunistic.
This post feels more nuanced than his scumposting going by first impressions. Yikes at him scumreading UD/Sando going by his later post tho
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by the worst »

Ye I'm on board. All of the fingers @ draynth
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by the worst »

didn't skitter state a TR on him?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 334, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 330, Sando wrote:
Yes yes this is exactly what I see coming from him. I'll give him a pass since this time it really could be IRL business but FoS on him definetely
I honestly thought his initial observation (it was him that prompted me to look into the opening post more closely and find the explicit statement about NKs) was a joke, and I responded accordingly I thought. He then found me and UD scummy, which as I said, makes not so much of the senses.

It's caused a bit of a shitstorm, and as town in said shitstorm it says to me it's not a very scummy shitstorm (I'd say no more than a single scum in here), and the original creator of the shitstorm has nothing further to say on it...
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Wait duh I know how to solve this:

UglyDuck, whenever you come back and read this, please tell me what you think about Draynth

UD is town this game and he was scum with Draynth last game; knowing another player's alignment from the start helps to sort that player from the begining in another games.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=10185966#p10185966]
I honestly thought his initial observation (it was him that prompted me to look into the opening post more closely and find the explicit statement about NKs) was a joke, and I responded accordingly I thought. He then found me and UD scummy, which as I said, makes not so much of the senses.

It's caused a bit of a shitstorm, and as town in said shitstorm it says to me it's not a very scummy shitstorm (I'd say no more than a single scum in here), and the original creator of the shitstorm has nothing further to say on it...[/quote]
Hmmm I disagree with two things you're saying here: 1. Yeah, if you thought it was a joke and then he said you and UD both were scummy because of this, it makes no sense; but if it wasn't a joke, it's a consistent read on both of you. But being consistent is NAI at this point of the game, and not making sense is NAI too at this state; 2. Saying that HE caused the shitstorm is a little convenient coming from you, since you and UD talking about the scum could easily be scum faking a townslip (I personally don't think this is the case, but it could be). What I mean is: if you go and try to kiss a guy's girlfriend and that guy hits you in the face, who caused the shitstorm? I mean yeah it could be a misunderstanding and in reality you weren't trying to kiss the girl, you were reaching to her cheek 'cause she had this awful and weird stain and you were trying to clean her so she wouldn't be embarassed, but his boyfriend thought wrong and punched you; from the guy's perspective, you created the shitstorm. You get what I'm saying? I'm just too tired and should be sleeping I know
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 338, Sando wrote: I honestly thought his initial observation (it was him that prompted me to look into the opening post more closely and find the explicit statement about NKs) was a joke, and I responded accordingly I thought. He then found me and UD scummy, which as I said, makes not so much of the senses.

It's caused a bit of a shitstorm, and as town in said shitstorm it says to me it's not a very scummy shitstorm (I'd say no more than a single scum in here), and the original creator of the shitstorm has nothing further to say on it...
EBWOP this is what I was quoting, nice job Pin
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 339, pinturicchio wrote:Wait duh I know how to solve this:

UglyDuck, whenever you come back and read this, please tell me what you think about Draynth

UD is town this game and he was scum with Draynth last game; knowing another player's alignment from the start helps to sort that player from the begining in another games.
Honestly - i am behind sorry.
Work should be wrapped up in 30 and then i will re read and get to this sorry
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 340, pinturicchio wrote:Hmmm I disagree with two things you're saying here: 1. Yeah, if you thought it was a joke and then he said you and UD both were scummy because of this, it makes no sense; but if it wasn't a joke, it's a consistent read on both of you. But being consistent is NAI at this point of the game, and not making sense is NAI too at this state; 2. Saying that HE caused the shitstorm is a little convenient coming from you, since you and UD talking about the scum could easily be scum faking a townslip (I personally don't think this is the case, but it could be).
Don't think you're disagreeing with me on (1), it was merely an observation from me, I don't draw and scumclusions about the joke part.

I'm not trying to take the focus away from me/MWNN/Skitter and my role in it, I'd like more attention on it tbh, but his post was the impetus for what happened. Sure if I go kiss his GF he's got a right to be angry, but it's a bit weird if he says "oi that's not cool mate" and then wanders off while he lets others deal with me.

Not saying I'm not kissing his GF, but it's weird that he's made a feeble "oi mate, not cool" and then left others to fight his battles.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 343, Sando wrote:Not saying I'm not kissing his GF, but it's weird that he's made a feeble "oi mate, not cool" and then left others to fight his battles.
I also think our metaphor is getting thin at this point :lol: :lol:
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 343, Sando wrote:
In post 340, pinturicchio wrote:Hmmm I disagree with two things you're saying here: 1. Yeah, if you thought it was a joke and then he said you and UD both were scummy because of this, it makes no sense; but if it wasn't a joke, it's a consistent read on both of you. But being consistent is NAI at this point of the game, and not making sense is NAI too at this state; 2. Saying that HE caused the shitstorm is a little convenient coming from you, since you and UD talking about the scum could easily be scum faking a townslip (I personally don't think this is the case, but it could be).
Don't think you're disagreeing with me on (1), it was merely an observation from me, I don't draw and scumclusions about the joke part.

I'm not trying to take the focus away from me/MWNN/Skitter and my role in it, I'd like more attention on it tbh, but his post was the impetus for what happened. Sure if I go kiss his GF he's got a right to be angry, but it's a bit weird if he says "oi that's not cool mate" and then wanders off while he lets others deal with me.

Not saying I'm not kissing his GF, but it's weird that he's made a feeble "oi mate, not cool" and then left others to fight his battles.
Oh I get your point now, good job following the example. Yeah that's odd, it's like he doesn't even care about his girlfriend.

Ok thanks Sando you can go back to your tvt with skitter if you want
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 344, Sando wrote:
In post 343, Sando wrote:Not saying I'm not kissing his GF, but it's weird that he's made a feeble "oi mate, not cool" and then left others to fight his battles.
I also think our metaphor is getting thin at this point :lol: :lol:
Well the metaphor wasn't good but you got my point and I got yours so if it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 346, pinturicchio wrote:if it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid
QFT
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 347, the worst wrote:
In post 346, pinturicchio wrote:if it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid
QFT
I had to look what QFT meant in urban dictionary and the first example says
"cosco is a great place to buy bulk tinfoil for making hats"

Coincidence? I think not
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

OK, I'm going to start doing the spoiler thing before people get pissed at me

Spoiler:
In post 315, Sando wrote:Why on earth would I protest it? CJ took what I posted and drew a different conclusion than me, so what? I'm clearly not very sure on my own conclusion, I said 60/40, which also just happens to be pretty much the ratio of town to scum (this was an accident, 60/40 was picked to show I'm really not sure).
My point is that you're more townreading him than not, so you being fine with someone sheeping a not-scumcase by you to vote there is weird.

Like if I had written up a post explaining why someone's reasoning is bad but didn't vote there cuz I was tending to town on them, and it had been misinterpreted by someone else as a sheepable scumcase, I would have said something like 'hey, that post doesn't mean I'm scumreading them; why do you think the stuff in that post makes him scummy enough to vote?'
In post 315, Sando wrote:I'm STILL not committing. What about "60/40" is committing? It's the ratio we started with, it's specifically NOT committing. He also just recently didn't make my townlist (which is very short), why on earth are you trying to paint me out to be TRing him? I was putting it out there to draw attention to it for others to compare with their experiences, things like "yeah I've played with him before, he's normally a really logical guy with committed questioning" or "nah man, that's just how he is".
a) Yes, I agree with you in that post that you didn't commit. My whole problem is that it looks like you're scum-casing him but didn't commit to that, which is disingenuous.

b) I'm not painting you as currently having a townread on him. I've very clearly said that you said you have a 'more likely than not' townread on him (60>40, right?). Nowhere did I imply that you said you have a confident/strong townread there.
In post 315, Sando wrote:Why aren't you protesting CJs vote? What do you think of it given you think he's sheeping scum?
Basically I'm saying that if he misinterpreted your post that badly I'm surprised that you didn't like correct his line of thinking at any point, and that it's an indicator that you're fine with it being read as a scumcase.

I think ceejay is slightly scummy in general (the one post of NM's that I liked was him voting ceejay after a post that pinged me). I however think that him sheeping you is more on you since your post looks like it was a scumcase when it apparently wasn't meant to be read that way, and you never clarified that.

Return to “Completed Open Games”