Mini 563 - Fish Monkey God (ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES)

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:40 am

Post by armlx »

Quantam also voted.

You are a higher suspect in my book as well serous for lots of lurking. Still have to see where this goes, but if he's town, you are my best guess for cult leader.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number nine, and the final one!!Capricious: (armlx, andersonw, Capricious, DizzyIzzyB13, mikeburnfire, QuantumFruit, Ration)
Ration: (roffman, windkirby)

Someone: (Someone else)
Someone else: (Someone)
Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

The 12 of you come to a decision - apparently, some other group has infiltrated the Empire, working against you just as much as those involved in the plot during the Light of Night festival. There is only one logical conclusion - you need to gain information about this group, and you need it now. After all, if you're caught lacking any clues about who is working against you, you'll lose to enemies you can't see.

So because of this plan, after many hours of arguing and throwing around possibilities, one of your own realises he may be of use in determining the nature of these people. While you consider his potential use doing what he claims, you realise that he could very well be lying, and his death will provide a route to much more useful information even if he is lying.

You take him to the top of the hill, say your goodbyes, promise to find his family once this ordeal is over, and look up to the sky and say, "We have decided."

A harsh red light suddenly replaces the dark blue that was inhabiting the sky, and bright beams of light begin to peer down, and all around the man what look like glowing spears appear, as the ground begins to rumble. Smoke begins to appear in the sky above him, and then... it is all over. The lights disappear, and the sky returns to its normal color, and the night quickly approaches. You look around and discover unusual huts that were not previously there, placed all around the fire.

Capricious was a cop for the alternate scum group.

send choices

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by xyzzy »

As you wake up, you notice an odd smell in the air. As you walk toward the meeting place, you realize that it's smoke.
I thought we put the fire out?
, you think to yourself, puzzled. You look around, and notice another person, who you recognise from yesterday. As the events of the previous day come in to your mind, you begin to realize the source of the fire - one of the huts is on fire, and the smoke you smelled came from it. But it seems to far away for you to have smelled it as early as you did, which suggests that...
No, that's impossible,
you think to yourself. But as you look around, you realize that two huts are on fire, one closer to your own. You walk over to where the fire had been the previous night and sit down on a smooth, round stone, while a few others who arrived before you talk. Someone murmurs, "I saw... I saw a body, over beyond that hill," while pointing toward a tall hill far away. "I was afraid to see who it was, because they were bleeding and whatever killed them might have still been there. Maybe an animal...?"

Another person laughs. "Don't be naive! Did you see any signs of life other than our own around here? No, this wasn't something... but some
one
. And whoever did it will be severely outnumbered if they're still here. Let's see," he continues, as two more walk over, "looks like we have nine. So right now we're only missing one person. If they're there, then we're this much closer to saving our own lives. Come on, let's go check it out."

You consider this proposition, and decide it's probably best to oblige - while there is, of course, a danger here, it's nothing too dangerous that it's not worth the risk. You and the other eight begin a journey toward the top of the hill, discussing who is likely behind the death. About halfway through the journey you look behind yourself and notice that the huts seem to have vanished. You point this out to the others, who realise this means one thing: either one of the ten alive is beyond this hill, or they disappeared with the hut, perhaps to come back tonight... or... you ignore this other possibility, trying to ignore the nagging question of how it would feel to stop existing. You gulp, thinking of the unusual manner of the previous evening's death.

But as you approach the top of the hill, you discover that there are two bodies, one on each of two hills. One has wounds on two sides, suggesting a sword or perhaps a spear, while the other appears to be from a much smaller weapon. You gulp, wondering what will come of this day...

Mikeburnfire is dead. He was a cop for the Oligarchy.

QuantumFruit is dead. He was a vote thief.

Day two and 3 power roles knocked off already! Oh my!

It is day two. With nine alive, it is five to lynch!
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

So, uhh.... 2 weeks later, we resume! Yay!

Except, it's so long ago since the end of day one, I can't reaklly remember much that happened. Looks like it's thread review time... :(
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Serous
Serous
Townie
Serous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:39 am

Post by Serous »

I was wondering how long night would take...
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by windkirby »

Right now I'm very suspicious of roffman, obviously because of what Cap turned out to be. (I will refrain from I-told-you-so-ing.)

I'm very interested in who armlx will go after this time. After so much singled-out aggression on Cap, I'm a bit suspicious of him, but I suppose a lot of it will hinge on how he acts today. (Is it stupid to say that out loud?)
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

In all seriousness, since night has been so long, perhaps it would be a good idea to give people a prod to let them know the game has started again? I mean, only three people have posted in the first day, and it can't hurt to make sure peop[le who haven't noticed are aware we've restarted, right?
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:11 am

Post by xyzzy »

Mass-prodding anyone who hasn't posted yet today, on suggestion of previous post.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by armlx »

It mildly is kirby (stupid), but only everything past the last comma.

My last other suspect was Serous, but as per sig I don't really have time for a full case here.

Not too suspicious of roffman. Only mildly as his role suggests he has a lot more info then he really does.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

So, upon review:

a) Capricious subtlely lied within his claim - he said he could only find members of the alternate scum group, when in fact he was a member of said alternate scum group.

b) The assumption has been that the alternate scum group is a cult. Is this compatible with Capricious being an alternate scum group aligned cop?

c) Mikeburnfire posted so little that it's hard to get a read on why he'd be NKed. Most of his posts are one liners in which he votes without giving much of a reason or says something with no substance at all. QuantumFruit posted more content, but not particularly often so it's hard to get a read as to why she was NKed either. If we could work out *why* they were NKed, then perhaps we could begin to work out which group NKed them and get a better read of the situation.

d) Mod question: Do we get to know who Quantum was aligned with? We were told for Capricious and mikeburnfire, so this is mostly asking if there's a deliberate reason we don't know who she was aligned with or it was an oversight.
Show
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Post by roffman »

i'm here, just doing a reread, will post something worth reading in a day or two
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:36 am

Post by armlx »

Dizzy: A) is untrue. I was confused as well and asked the mod. He said cap was a town cop who found alternate scum members.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by xyzzy »

All players dead so far have been protown. If a player is scum, then it will be noted in their death, and all alignments of the dead are on the front page.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

armlx wrote:Dizzy: A) is untrue. I was confused as well and asked the mod. He said cap was a town cop who found alternate scum members.
Ah. I misinterpreted xyxxy's phrasing of his role. I suppose that means mikeburnfire could only discover members of the Oligarchy, then?
Show
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:32 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

So... this is the 12th post in the 87 and a half or so hours since the start of day two, and my 5th. The mod has made two posts. Five players have posted out of the 9 who are alive. Should we be a tad concerned? I mean, we're what... 6 hours short of 48 hours isnce Xyxxy posted that he was mass prodding people? I hope they've checked in with Xyxxy at least, because given the way the game seems to be sluggish in starting, replacing several people in at this point is going to screw it up even more. :(
Show
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:19 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Make that 86 and a half at the time of the last post. Apparently, my board times were wrong.
Show
Ration
Ration
Goon
Ration
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Ration »

What's the "Oligarchy"?
HAPPY 420!
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by andersonw »

I don't know, but the definition of oligarchy means a government run by a small group of people.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

The Oligarchy is the normal scum group, as opposed to the alternate scum group.
Show
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:51 am

Post by armlx »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:The Oligarchy is the normal scum group, as opposed to the alternate scum group.
The authority with which you say this makes me wary.

Vote Dizzy
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:20 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

The scum group are described in my role PM as the "Oligarchal revolution". That's how I know. Are they not in yours?
Show
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:22 am

Post by armlx »

No, they aren't.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:27 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Ah, well then.. perhaps your PM uses something more specific... I mean, I assume the scum's role PMs would use the correct title of their scum group, no?
Show
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:32 am

Post by armlx »

That's what I'd assume about you at this point, given mine is non-specific to a group and we have public knowledge there is more than one scum group, I can't see how a townie's win condition could just be kill the Oligarchy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”