zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

is it possible to just ignore him? it's a silly gimmick but i sincerely doubt he's doing it with any ill intent (if anything, it's slightly mocking the stereotypes you're talking about)

anyway, i'll be catching up on the pages i missed while asleep between things at work
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1250, zMuffinMan wrote:is it possible to just ignore him? it's a silly gimmick but i sincerely doubt he's doing it with any ill intent (if anything, it's slightly mocking the stereotypes you're talking about)

anyway, i'll be catching up on the pages i missed while asleep between things at work
Endorse this.

Sorry dram. I wish he’d tone it down, but it’s in the ‘mildly offensive gimmick’ neighborhood rather than something I actually take umbrage to.

That said, I’m not going to denigrate any offense you’ve taken, so *shrug*
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1248, dramonic wrote:
@Implosion: You wouldn't allow sexism or homophobia in a game and this is just a different flavor of the same type of bullshit. Do something about RMOJ
It's a stupid schtick. I find your thin skinned "offense" very hypocritical given you have no problem telling Wisdom and BuJaber to both fuck off. I find that language bullying and demeaning. Surely implosion wouldn't allow that in this game. Something something about stones and glass houses.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by havingfitz »

And what zMuff said.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

fuck off fitz
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by SirCakez »

This argument is stupid
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Where I'm at right now approximately:

Town

BuJaber
Wisdom
Dramonic

[GAP]

Northsidegal
Koki
Muffin

[GAP]

SirCakez
Eddie Cane

[GAP]

Riku
REALMEN
Pine

[GAP]

Havingfitz

Scum
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by DeasVail »

If Muffin were to swap himself and Fitz, I'd be willing to lynch Group 3.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Wow DV's reads are nearly identical to mine
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

So what's happening? Eddie are you moving someone to group 3? Muffin are you switching?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Who said I can move anyone? As far as we know I'm just a VT.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I thought someone said you claimed you can move someone? Whatever, Muffin can you hurry up and decide what you're going to do.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by SirCakez »

No people thought Eddie was softing being able to move people and then it just sort of turned into everyone taking it as a claim, despite no actually hard claim lol
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 1252, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1248, dramonic wrote:
@Implosion: You wouldn't allow sexism or homophobia in a game and this is just a different flavor of the same type of bullshit. Do something about RMOJ
It's a stupid schtick. I find your thin skinned "offense" very hypocritical given you have no problem telling Wisdom and BuJaber to both fuck off. I find that language bullying and demeaning. Surely implosion wouldn't allow that in this game. Something something about stones and glass houses.
Telling someone to fuck off is not an attack on who they are as a person.
So...
Fuck off.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 1257, DeasVail wrote:If Muffin were to swap himself and Fitz, I'd be willing to lynch Group 3.
brb getting a new keyboard to smash in half
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Pine »

Okay friends, let’s simmer down.

RMOJ, please tone it down. There are other ways to express the sentiment you’re driving at.

Dram et al, relax. Give everyone a chance to back down.

So, how about that 2-3 scumlynch?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 1265, Pine wrote:So, how about that 2-3 scumlynch?
I'm not gonna dignify that with an answer besides "I'm not gonna dignify that with an answer"
I'm a hoot
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Pine »

Which, of course, is an answer.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by BuJaber »

We could just speed lynch group 3 before muffin swaps.

I'm surprised nobody agreed about the swap order reasoning. Muffin is scum for refusing.
Saddens me that wisdom jumped the gun.

VOTE: group 3
Speed lynch come on. Muffin on the chopping block
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

don't kid yourself, your idea was just bad and you'd have been better off trying to do that while i was asleep
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by BuJaber »

You can disagree with who the swapped players are but the order I was absolutely 100% spot on with.

You don't give the stronger power role more power. We have now put all our balls in your clutch. I've seen towns trusting IC's less than these players are trusting you right now.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I had you as conftown until everyone suggested that these swapping powers could be scum.

These same 'cautious' people are now letting you do whatever you want.

If for some reason dramon and RMOJ play like this as town and wisdom got the 50-50 wrong with riku.. we're screwed. You'll just swap in a townie.

You going first means town has some control and they can protect themselves.

Not going first is pure selfishness on your part and recklessness on town's part for letting you.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

why would i use my swap first when i was
specifically advocating not swapping at all
? the sole exception i was willing to compromise on (specifically because i can't stop someone using their role if they want to anyway) was wisdom swapping someone out then lynching group 2 anyway, but even this is less than optimal (it's better than the alternatives though)

besides, your plan ignored the wishes of literally every other player; the people who wanted the swapping to occur either wanted to swap out someone who wasn't wisdom (DV wanted you, eddie wanted kokichi) and then lynch your group OR they wanted to swap in someone who they thought was town and lynch another group (g3). the players who didn't want the swapping to occur didn't want it to occur so that's that

not to mention i wouldn't trust wisdom to follow the plan you laid out anyway

PS: no one is 'trusting' me to do anything here
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Well not swapping is a different thing alltogether and it's a waste of a PR.

But when a sizeable number of people agree to the swaps if wisdom doesn't follow through he looks incredibly bad. You trust him based on mutual destruction.

My suggestions were up for debate. The use and order of the swaps shouldn't need to be debated imo. There's only 1 right answer.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1273, BuJaber wrote:when a sizeable number of people agree to the swaps
no one agreed with your idea, though

so what's your point?

btw

wisdom's whole complaint was, "i don't want to lynch a group with 3 people i think are town in it even though it has confirmed scum"

i was saying, "i don't want any swaps to occur - lynch the group that has confirmed scum in it" (because this absolutely, 100% guarantees a scum flip unless kokichi is just the single worst VI in the history of mafia)

the sole compromise that would have at least been a good middle ground was wisdom swapping out one of his town reads for one of his scum reads and lynching group 2 after that

this would have eradicated wisdom's concerns with lynching 3 players he thinks are town (it gets reduced to 2, which is FAR FROM BEING THE BAD THING HE WAS MAKING IT OUT TO BE) and while it's suboptimal from the perspective that he could potentially swap out the sole scum in the group, it at least means we'd know with 100% certainty that the person he swapped out was scum tomorrow if everyone else flipped town so we still have guaranteed information going forward

this was the most i was ever willing to compromise since it alleviates all of my concerns that involve wisdom potentially being scum (and possibly with kokichi), which your plan did not

which reminds me, even if he didn't agree with the correct play, his unwillingness to see the obvious solution (the optimal compromise THAT OTHER PEOPLE WHO HE ASKED FOR OPINIONS ADVOCATED) was part of why i was never going to trust him

instead we have what wisdom actually did and there's no guarantee of information like there would have been in the other scenarios. for example, tell me what anyone can say with 100% certainty if we lynch group 3 today (with or without my swap) and everyone flips town. go on, i'll be waiting here while you stumble for an answer that doesn't exist

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”