Fallout Mafia - Commonwealth Edition (Day 8)

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1619, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1608, Ankamius wrote:@alc:
In post 840, Ankamius wrote:
In post 695, Alchemist21 wrote:See this is the kind of post I've been wanting. It also looks like you only refused my demands for content because you're scumreading me since you're willing to give them to Impossibear in your Town reads. Anyway, more like these please.

VOTE: Ventriloquist
I've been very cold towards your demands because of not only my initial read on you, but parts of your engagement on me reads manipulative.

This post in particular is very difficult to quantify in any sense, regardless of context from your other posts or not. It factors into my other question from you, but why did you completely drop this after spending so much of your time and effort trying to brute force info out of me?
In post 838, Ankamius wrote:
In post 688, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 512, Impossibear wrote:Ok, maybe. I could see this line of reasoning. I personally didn't get that when I read his ISO. I'll re-review I guess. I'm trying to figure out why people are so gung ho about this wagon. Like, is it something you'd need to look really deeply to find? Because.. nothing stood out to me the way it apparently is for you and Ouro.
For me, I've seen scum trying to directly engage with the person scumreading them and try to discredit the validity of the read or try to reason their way out of it. My memory might be a bit hazy example that came to my mind reading Vent's posts was SerraPaladin's posts in the 2016 Team Trap Mafia where he said the player who was scumreading them was doing it for reasons other than the content of their posts. I know Vent's not making that same exact argument but the nature of their defense feels like it comes from that same kind of mindset.

Wrt to my Ank vote, I've seen more content from them as both alignments tbh. It's been a while since I've played with them iirc, but how they're approaching this game doesn't sit right with me and the lack of any explanations makes it harder to actually solidify the read. I'll admit it's a read subject to change but if I have to strongarm some content from them I will.
Serious question: Why me specifically?
I dropped it because when you responded to Impossibear and not me, in line with your Town and scumreads on our respective slots, it sent a strong sign to me that you're Town and didn't need more content from you because I had the read.

As to why you specifically, it's because I thought I could pressure the content from you. Others' lack of content might have been due to laziness or inactivity, but yours was the only one that struck me as deliberately holding back, plus a part of me figured you would be a good player to work with if Town.
Ok, what do you think of this?

My issues are mostly pedantic, I'm not sure if there's anything more to them or not yet.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Ankamius »

BTW just for clarification, 'deliberately holding back' is a reasonable assessment since... well, I was.
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:15 am

Post by REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE »

too many nested quotes makes it very hard to read and follow

also, FUCK because #688 looks POSSIBLE to come from town

this means that the MOST LIKELY to be SCUM is now HEBICHAN instead of the alchemist
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:17 am

maybe i just HATE his NEW AVATAR and he should have kept it as MANRITO instead
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

Well... if it helps, that's a quoted answer for two questions I had, both of which had a quote I was referring to. The impossibear one doesn't matter I don't think.
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:20 am

In post 1954, Ankamius wrote:Well... if it helps, that's a quoted answer for two questions I had, both of which had a quote I was referring to. The impossibear one doesn't matter I don't think.
well, i told you what i thought, so there.

also, i didn't realize you were a 'she'. i always thought you were a MAN. what the FUCK?
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:21 am

what other issues require my MANLY ATTENTION?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm assuming that's an admission that you knew me when I had my pronoun set as male?
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:24 am

In post 512, Impossibear wrote:
In post 448, ManWithNoName wrote:I think Realmen's posting has been to the point where he is just avoiding posting anything that can be AI.
Yes. Agreed. But like I said, if we have a vig, this should be there shot. What do we gain from lynching a slot that has offered no real information, with no associations, and no real reads to follow? Nothing. It's one of those slots that just needs to be erased because it's useless.

@ETL
i noticed this... you were softing VIG ON REALMAN here?

i am curious.. why did you SHOOT NAMELESS MAN instead of me n1?
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 5:25 am

In post 1957, Ankamius wrote:I'm assuming that's an admission that you knew me when I had my pronoun set as male?
oh, so i wasnt going senile

its actually a thing

okay
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1944, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1877, Ankamius wrote:I was going to say that projectmatt redeemed the slot a bit, but then I realized that projectmatt replaced Nero Cain and is therefore town anyways.

Kokichi isn't giving me the same vibes as he did in Necromancer so he's probably town.
In post 1883, Ankamius wrote:Like, just a quick look at his ISO and I'd normally be scumreading it.

But I was told that's playstyle and to stop scumreading playstyles so.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Convince me?

I'm only voting him right now because of his threat, not because of any scumread.
I like you for town
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I like making threats
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 235, Ventriloquist wrote:Is it not possible Tchill has a jester role of some sort? Not suggesting an insta win but I don't see how his claim could be helpful to town otherwise.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wilky has done research and is relying on the miller claim because he realises the host has done this before, especially since he chose to highlight that it wasn't far fetched for there to be 2 millers again. As Alchemist said though, this is relying on some pretty niche assumptions so I'm not buying it just yet.
If Tchill's claim was meant to get people off hom during the Night Phase I could see Vent's posts towards him as an added attempt to keep people off him during the Day Phase.
In post 741, Ventriloquist wrote:
In post 431, Wraith wrote:
In post 427, Wraith wrote:Yeah I could get on board with a Vent wagon too
In post 235, Ventriloquist wrote:Is it not possible Tchill has a jester role of some sort? Not suggesting an insta win but I don't see how his claim could be helpful to town otherwise.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wilky has done research and is relying on the miller claim because he realises the host has done this before, especially since he chose to highlight that it wasn't far fetched for there to be 2 millers again. As Alchemist said though, this is relying on some pretty niche assumptions so I'm not buying it just yet.
Very suspicious post
Almost forgot, might as well elaborate on why I find this post very suspicious, because why not

He uses some rather
absurd
leaps in logic in two separate cases to paint a narrative picture about these two players, deliberately ignoring Occam's Razor in favor of stirring up WIFOM.

What is more likely? That TChill is running a Jester gambit? Or that TChill is fakeclaiming? TChill's was by far the least believable claim so far, and the most awkward (considering Kaede is mod-confirmed). By bringing up some a longshot possiblity, Vent is indirectly mounting a soft defense of TChill.

Simultaneously, he attempts to cast suspicion on Wilky with a similarly absurd leap. What's more likely? That Wilky is claiming Miller truthfully in a game run by a mod who apparently has a habit of these kinds of setup quirks? Or that Wilky is deliberately playing off mod meta to mount a roundabout fakeclaim gambit, with a claim that is by its nature instantly considered suspect by default?

I don't like that whatsoever. And after we get the VC I might consider switching my vote right now.
Maybe fakeclaiming is more likely, but that doesn't mean I wasn't trying to help. Either way, I acknowledged that his claim was not believable WHICH IS WHY I suggested joker in the first place, why else make yourself so lynchable? But if you were game for a Tchill lynch and the jester possibility really is so absurd, then why aren't you voting for them instead?

I never made a strong claim against Wilky, but it was odd how he said it wouldn't be far-fetched to have another game with 2 millers when this moderator has done it before. It's like he'd done his research, found the link then knew it was credible because it isn't the first time. I wasn't saying this was the case but it wasn't inaccurate to discuss.
This is one of the posts that came during that really quick string of posts. It looks similar to the kind of defense he was giving to RC, so it's likely to me that Wraith is Town, and pretty much lockTown if Tchill also flips scum given that Wraith has constsntly voted that slot.
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 1958, REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE wrote:
In post 512, Impossibear wrote:
In post 448, ManWithNoName wrote:I think Realmen's posting has been to the point where he is just avoiding posting anything that can be AI.
Yes. Agreed. But like I said, if we have a vig, this should be there shot. What do we gain from lynching a slot that has offered no real information, with no associations, and no real reads to follow? Nothing. It's one of those slots that just needs to be erased because it's useless.

@ETL
i noticed this... you were softing VIG ON REALMAN here?

i am curious.. why did you SHOOT NAMELESS MAN instead of me n1?
yes. we softed it a couple few times.
In post 1254, Impossibear wrote:
In post 1237, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1236, Impossibear wrote:One more thing, before I check out of the thread for the day.

I don't think we were shot last night, which means that there is probably a full protective in the thread. Whoever that is should not claim today. They should target between Jungle, Kaede and RC tonight.

This is because we are a bulletproof gated vig. Talking about the specific gating of our vig is not useful for town, but we shot MWNN yesterday. Additionally, our role PM STRONGLY implies the existence of a scum protective/kill evasion role. Hence, Tchill is probably scum.

Sorry for claiming without permission, ETL, but I really don't think we were the nightkill last night. In any case where we weren't this is crazy high positive utility for town.
why shot MWNN?
Because vent scum flip. At that point didn't know what to do so followed Ouroboros advice.

ETL
Jangle and ESL!

The ETL half of this hydra is V/LA on weekends.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

You know I can't find Maria's reason for actually scumreading Vent or if she even ever was.

@Maria
Walk me through all your D1 thoughts regarding both Ventriloquist and Ouroboros.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 9:27 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1964, Alchemist21 wrote:@Maria Walk me through all your D1 thoughts regarding both Ventriloquist and Ouroboros.
I didn't scumread vent at all. Had them at null. RC said he was confident in the read so I wanted to see the flip for my own interests
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Your own interests being? I just don't know why you kept sheeping a slot you weren't sure about.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 10:13 am

Post by MariaR »

The flip would help me figure out RC's alignment and the other lynches I wanted at the time weren't happening.
If someone acts super confident in a read and I know them to have decent reads I don't mind sheeping it it's not like we were at lylo. Vents flip of info was gonna help me regardless I didn't really care if they flipped town or scum the fact they flipped scum is a bonus
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Dunnstral »

RC is town; he wouldn't bus if people are just going to suspect him after the fact anyway
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 10:23 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1968, Dunnstral wrote:RC is town; he wouldn't bus if people are just going to suspect him after the fact anyway
incorrect.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Ouroboros »

What if RC was a human being as opposed to whatever you characterize him sd?
Hydra of AnonymousGhost & RadiantCowbells

i can neither live with you nor without you
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Ouroboros »

What if Tyler the person just wanted to be able to have excellent reads without people holding his scum game against him?

Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Goon
Ouroboros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Ouroboros »

What if rather than the perceived dominance over town I just wanted to win as much of the time as possible to show that this is something in capable of being!

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 11:51 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1968, Dunnstral wrote:RC is town; he wouldn't bus if people are just going to suspect him after the fact anyway
What? I mean busing or not. That's a bad reason to townread him. RC if he were scum would know regardless hes going to be scumread so he'd do whichever would help him long game, not just for day 1. So I think that makes it NAI
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1967, MariaR wrote:The flip would help me figure out RC's alignment and the other lynches I wanted at the time weren't happening.
If someone acts super confident in a read and I know them to have decent reads I don't mind sheeping it it's not like we were at lylo. Vents flip of info was gonna help me regardless I didn't really care if they flipped town or scum the fact they flipped scum is a bonus
Can you tell me why Kaito is town? Cause that post was awful.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”