Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I didn't say 18 is scummy... 18 calls his own post bad and evidences close inspection of votes (the OMGUS point).
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Shoshin »

If I didn't find Rampage scummy, I'd vote Jar for that shallow attempt to throw a vote my way.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

This is your issue w/ Rampage shosh?
In post 25, Shoshin wrote:
In post 18, Garuga wrote:Sho: Why do you think Rampage is scummier? The only suspicious thing I've noticed up until now is TBB's OMGUS vote.
Rampage's entrance has that trying-too-hard-scum-vibe.
thats whats keeping u from voting for me?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

also
In post 51, Shoshin wrote:shallow attempt to throw a vote my way.
I think I have some pretty deep reasoning for a page 2 vote.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Jar, your "reasoning" is based on a misreading/misunderstanding of what I said.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by Shoshin »

The problem with Jar is that he's making his case on me before trying to understand my thinking. That's how scum play, not town.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Rampage's follow-up has confirmed my initial read.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

So explain a little more.

Is 18 a bad or scummy post independently? Like if he hadn't made post 21, would you be defending/townreading him?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 57, JarJarDrinks wrote:Is 18 a bad or scummy post independently? Like if he hadn't made post 21, would you be defending/townreading him?
18 isn't independently scummy. And 21 supports that finding. Yes, 18 "looks" bad because Garuga didn't vote the OMGUS, but there's nothing actually scummy about that. Garuga had a reason for voting as he did (would scum?), and while you might disagree with the way he should have used his vote, there's nothing actually scummy about his approach to RVS. If anything, it indicates inexperience, not alignment.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Followup: 3 people voted him for post 18. Do U think there's scum in there?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Still working out the meaning of their votes.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 48, Garuga wrote:It could be buddying. I don't think TheRampage's opening post was scummy.
This feels town.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by Shoshin »

If I had to guess, I'd say the three votes on Garuga's 18 were town. But those are very weak reads.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 23, Invisibility wrote:21 and 22 also seem very scummy
VOTE: Garuga
What's scummy about them?
In post 25, Shoshin wrote: Rampage's entrance has that trying-too-hard-scum-vibe.
In what way? I don't understand the try-hard part.
In post 47, Shoshin wrote:Garuga's town because he called his own posts bad, which demonstrates a lack of concern about appearances, and because the OMGUS point shows that he's looking for the underlying meaning to every post, including naked votes during RVS.
Why couldn't scum do this? If he makes a bad post as scum, instead of trying to defend it and dig himself into a hole (thus making himself the first real suspect of the game) why doesn't he just admit it was a bad post and try to move on from it?
In post 48, Garuga wrote: VOTE: Invisibility

He didn't provide clear arguments for his reads on me.
Neither did Fitz - why did you choose Invisibility out of the two?
In post 54, Shoshin wrote:Jar, your "reasoning" is based on a misreading/misunderstanding of what I said.
In post 55, Shoshin wrote:The problem with Jar is that he's making his case on me before trying to understand my thinking. That's how scum play, not town.
These two posts appear to contradict each other - scum don't 'misread or misunderstand' a post, they misrep it. In 54, you seem to imply Jar is town and 'misreading' what you wrote and in the second post you're clearly calling him scum for it.

Which one is it?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 10:26 pm

UNVOTE:

I don't have a single town read yet...if you're town can you start doing towny things please?

Thanks.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 63, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Neither did Fitz - why did you choose Invisibility out of the two?
The wagon on Invisibility seems more viable at the moment.
Shoshin wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say the three votes on Garuga's 18 were town. But those are very weak reads.
I disagree. I think there was some malicious intent in the wagon against me.

My current pet theory on this game is that havingfitz was scum, my vote on him made Scumsibility worried and he wants to discredit me, and Sho is scum playing a different angle. These are very premature reads though.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 11:41 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 63, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 23, Invisibility wrote:21 and 22 also seem very scummy
VOTE: Garuga
What's scummy about them?
they seem like an awkward attempt for scum to seem like town for agreeing with criticisms. i might just be being suspicious of him but i feel like those posts do not come from town.
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 11:53 pm

Post by Invisibility »

Garuga, is your vote in 18 an rvs vote? And if so, why did you change it?
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 1:42 am

Post by bacy »

In post 49, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 46, Shoshin wrote:
In post 41, JarJarDrinks wrote:why are you defending a post from Garuga that he himself admitted was bad?
That's precisely why.
So ur saying 18 itself could be considered scummy but the post he made defending it 3 posts later is what makes it good?

That doesnt seem like what ur arguing at all in these posts:
Spoiler:
In post 29, Shoshin wrote:
In post 28, Invisibility wrote:dumb vote and that question was really bad
I disagree. What's "dumb" about the vote? And why is the question "really bad"?
In post 33, Shoshin wrote:
In post 30, Gustavo wrote:My issue with 18 is he said he found the omgus suspicious but didn’t vote it.
Why's that scummy?
In post 35, Shoshin wrote:
In post 34, Gustavo wrote:Cause you don’t rvs vote over something suspicious
Why would scum do this?

VOTE: Shoshin
i dont like this vote tbh nor the reason, seems like you're twisting words
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 1:45 am

Post by bacy »

In post 65, Garuga wrote:
In post 63, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Neither did Fitz - why did you choose Invisibility out of the two?
Shoshin wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say the three votes on Garuga's 18 were town. But those are very weak reads.

My current pet theory on this game is that havingfitz was scum, my vote on him made Scumsibility worried and he wants to discredit me, and Sho is scum playing a different angle. These are very premature reads though.
i feel like
this
kinda stuff are very hard to fake as scum
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 1:48 am

Post by bacy »

In post 67, Invisibility wrote:Garuga, is your vote in 18 an rvs vote? And if so, why did you change it?
are you asking why would someone change an rvs vote?
this is a weird ques, and i think garuga answered something along those lines already anyways
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 2:02 am

In post 66, Invisibility wrote: they seem like an awkward attempt for scum to seem like town for agreeing with criticisms.
What about it comes across as
awkward
to you?

On another note, I have my first town read!

VOTE: JJD
TheRampage
TheRampage
Goon
TheRampage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 4:08 am

Post by TheRampage »

In post 45, JarJarDrinks wrote:Padme made him supreme chancellor in the first place. And anakin was as annoying of a character.

What do u think of Shoshins Garuga read (and her vote on you) ?
While this is true, the whole reason for having Padme go on the run and not be in the Senate was so that Jar Jar could be manipulated into recommending emergency powers for Palpatine. Jar Jar was placed for that exact reason. But yeah, Jar Jar was annoying, but he played an important role in the saga.

Anyways, I think Shoshins is fishing with their reads. We have 3 pages right now and in my eyes, there really hasn't been any slips. I think Shoshin is trying to force a slip and is setting a trap. Still, I am not really thinking anything of Shoshin's read or vote on me. Their reasoning is very poor and based off of my first post, and apparently to them, everything I write is scummy. Possibly even this post.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 4:13 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 63, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why couldn't scum do this? If he makes a bad post as scum, instead of trying to defend it and dig himself into a hole (thus making himself the first real suspect of the game) why doesn't he just admit it was a bad post and try to move on from it?
Scum "could" do anything... and especially in hindsight... this isn't a helpful way to sort alignments.
In post 63, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 54, Shoshin wrote:Jar, your "reasoning" is based on a misreading/misunderstanding of what I said.
In post 55, Shoshin wrote:The problem with Jar is that he's making his case on me before trying to understand my thinking. That's how scum play, not town.
These two posts appear to contradict each other - scum don't 'misread or misunderstand' a post, they misrep it. In 54, you seem to imply Jar is town and 'misreading' what you wrote and in the second post you're clearly calling him scum for it.
Two things. (1) Different audience: 54 addresses Jar, whereas 55 analyzes him. If I thought Jar had "misrepresented" me, I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt when addressing him directly.

(2) Scum "misread" all the time. The difference is this: When town misread, it's due to confirmation bias (and you can trace the trajectory of that bias based on how they developed the read throughout the game). But when scum misread, the bias comes from a malicious intent to paint a player in the worst light (unlike with confirmation bias, there's no trajectory or grounding for the misread).

Jar interpreted my meaning in the worst light without any grounding for doing so. Or as I put it in 55, he made no attempt to understand my thinking before deciding I was scum, which resulted in biased analysis (i.e. misreading/misunderstanding).
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 4:14 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 24, Shoshin wrote:Garuga's town.
I was going to ask why but you answer that later. I don't care for your reasoning...because scum wouldn't call out their own poor posting?
In post 25, Shoshin wrote:
In post 18, Garuga wrote:Sho: Why do you think Rampage is scummier? The only suspicious thing I've noticed up until now is TBB's OMGUS vote.
Rampage's entrance has that trying-too-hard-scum-vibe.
I don't see anything try hard in Rampage's first post. Did you find his explanation suspect?
In post 27, Shoshin wrote:Why is 18 bad?
You don't agree with the points Garuga himself makes on post 18?
I didn't care for it because 1) there was nothing wrong with my rvs vote and it felt like he was trying to start a non-rvs push on me for no reason. And the fact he actually gave a reason for suspecting someone else but stayed off them.

You don't give any really good reason for suspecting invisibility...and you detail a theory on me for why I might be scum...but then you avoid voting me because you think the invisibility wagon has better potential? This is twice you express reasons for suspecting someone and vote elsewhere. I'm still good voting you.
In post 69, bacy wrote:
i feel like
this
kinda stuff are very hard to fake as scum
What in
"this"
is hard for scum to fake?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”