thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

@Guardian what light is this that has made you believe I am scum, please explain this to me?

I believe slysly has a decent point about Mr Stoofers reluctance to answer questions, and about both Guardian and Mr Stoofers seemingly flimsy cases especialy on slysly when he was not here.

I find both Guardian and Mr Stoofer my top two suspects at the moment.

Singing Librarian is getiing on my nerves too with lack of contribution.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by SlySly »

HackerHuck wrote: This is what I consider pussyfooting around the topic.
SlySly wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:Usually. Are you implying that I've been avoiding your questions?
Not at all.

Read my posts and see who I have asked questions of and who has avoided answering those question and I think you will see things in a better light.

It is not only my answers that one of the people in question has avoided answering.
Use as many pronouns as possible and not be clear at all about what the questions are and whether they are relevant.
You know, I just re-read your response here and I had to re-respond. You didn't ask what the questions were or who was avoiding them. You just asked if I was suggesting that you were the one doing it. I answered your question very clearly and completely with "Not at all."

I didn't have to, but I offered up some extra content and you tried to turn it on me. That is a wee bit suspicious in my book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guardian wrote: can we all settle down, take a deep breath, and lynch tvod?
Does your scumminess ever stop?

My vote won't change today unless you reach L-1 and it is obvious that Mr. Stoofer is going to slip through.

Quit trying to lead the vote just because you see a bandwagon forming. All us townies whose eyes are open can clearly see your are reaching for a quick mislynch.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Guardian »

>:-( this game is going so poorly. (no fault of undo's)

probably partially my fault. hmph.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:34 pm

Another lynch bait comment above
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by lord_hur »

SlySly wrote:In your opinion, shouldn't Stoofer, knowing that I had just rejoined the game, have kindly either a) answered my newly formed question, or b) pointed out that he had already answered a differently formed question of similar content in 111?
Well, you sorta answered your own question. Mr Stoofer would have done that if he was playing "kindly". Judging by his play in this game, this is not the case.
SlySly wrote:Do you think he should be given a free pass for all of the other questions he has avoided answering, or do you think it is less scummy of him to just ignore everyone's questions?
No, and no. He actually answered a load of questions though (even if he did leave some out), so I don't personally take it as a strong scumtell.

To clarify my position, here's my stance about those questions :

Answers I'd like answered by Mr Stoofer : 275

Uninteresting/rethorical questions : 114, 279, 241

Questions that have been answered (in my eyes), and as such, I don't care about an answer to them : 153, 197, 232, 160

That leaves the matter of the presumed extra info Mr Stoofer has (110, 165, 172, 184). As I said earlier, I am unsure if I should press the subject, because more info can be bad for town, and anyway Mr Stoofer said he would talk about it only if Guardian told him to (which the latter did not).
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by lord_hur »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:Another lynch bait comment above
Could you develop this idea please ? That's the second time you say it. Do you think that he is playing badly, or something else ?
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:31 pm

Basicly saying I am playing badly giving no reasons for this and making cases with no real reason behind them or joining bandwagons with no reasons, no real attempt to seem like he is town.
Guardian is aware he is playing badly and instead of waitig for criticizem he seems to be his self critic.
Kinda giving me the impression he is not too worried about attracking suspicion, and in some ways trying to attracted it.

So for the possibility he could be some sort of "Christ" Jester I am happier on my vote of Mr Stoofer.
Shin whatever needs to post or be replaced and Singing Librarian needs to post something that show he is actualy a part of this game. (A post of decent content).
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

That must have taken a lot of hard work, SlySly, but is in fact a load of crap. First, I made clear that I couldn't/wouldn't answer questions from tvod because I was finding him incomprehensible. Taking the questions out of context as you have done is wrong. In context they formed part of incomprehensible drivel. Second, many of your questions were not questions at all but rhetorical flourishes (e.g. 241 and your own 160). The fact that you claim that I ignored these questions just shows what a scumbag you are. Thirdly, on the Guardian questions (e.g. 172, 184), I have made my position absolutely clear.

I am not the only one who thinks this:
lord_hur wrote:Answers I'd like answered by Mr Stoofer : 275

Questions that have been answered (in my eyes), and as such, I don't care about an answer to them : 153, 197, 232, 160

That leaves the matter of the presumed extra info Mr Stoofer has (110, 165, 172, 184). As I said earlier, I am unsure if I should press the subject, because more info can be bad for town, and anyway Mr Stoofer said he would talk about it only if Guardian told him to (which the latter did not).
I am sure you will agree that lord_hur has hardly been pro-Stoofer in this game, so I think it fair to let him be the judge of your list.

The one question he thinks you have a point about is this:
thevampireofdusseldorf [275] wrote:Also where did hasfgad stand on your list when you voted for him and where does he stand now?
In fact both you and and he missed my answer:
Mr Stoofer [276] wrote:I hate the fact that he was posting in other games and did not post in this game; and he is on my radar. But I don't think he is in the same league as, in particular, you, tvod.
"He" in this post referred to hasdgfas -- sorry if that was not clear from the context.
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:07 am

Post by Singing Librarian »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote: Shin whatever needs to post or be replaced and Singing Librarian needs to post something that show he is actualy a part of this game. (A post of decent content).
Do you know, I don't post very frequently, because I don't like posting when there's nothing for me to say (and quite rightly get criticised for it if I do), but my last 2 posts must surely count as contentful, explaining what I don't like about musher333's play at that stage in the game?

However, in light of the recent posts, I'm going to
unvote
. This doesn't mean that tvod is off the hook, indeed I still believe there's a good possibility that he's scum. I'm partly responding to Guardian:
Guardian wrote: can we all settle down, take a deep breath, and lynch tvod?
It made me want to do the exact opposite, which is odd, as I'm not normally a fickle person. I settled down, took a deep breath and decided I need to look elsewhere and let time decide whether I really think the vampire is scum or whether I just find vampiric posts irritating.

SlySly's list of unanswered questions is fascinating, but it is true that Stoofer made it quite clear that he wouldn't answer questions from tvod because he didn't understand the latter's posts (which is fair enough - I have trouble with them quite often as well). If there are any questions there which anyone feels need answering, perhaps they could ask them afresh?

Leaving tvod aside for the time bring brings me back to musher333. 23 posts is a heck of a lot more than (for instance) me, but the amount of content in them is extremely low and unhelpful.

After the initial flurry of game speculation, musher333 does quite rightly call tvod on hypcritical voting (his post 6). His posts 7 and 8 are a misunderstanding about one of Hackerhuck's posts, a misunderstanding which could potentially have made lord_hur seem extra-scummy. He then chases tvod to respond to Stoofer's questions (ooh, so the non-responding goes two ways...) and then drops his vote in response to a short post from tvod which does nothing in the way of clearing any of the suspicions. After this, a couple more misunderstandings, then the part I had a problem with.

This doesn't give off strong scum vibes to me, just a 'seems to misunderstand or miss things a lot' vibe.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:10 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:That must have taken a lot of hard work, SlySly, but is in fact a load of crap. First, I made clear that I couldn't/wouldn't answer questions from tvod because I was finding him incomprehensible. Taking the questions out of context as you have done is wrong. In context they formed part of incomprehensible drivel. Second, many of your questions were not questions at all but rhetorical flourishes (e.g. 241 and your own 160). The fact that you claim that I ignored these questions just shows what a scumbag you are. Thirdly, on the Guardian questions (e.g. 172, 184), I have made my position absolutely clear.

I am not the only one who thinks this:
lord_hur wrote:Answers I'd like answered by Mr Stoofer : 275

I am sure you will agree that lord_hur has hardly been pro-Stoofer in this game, so I think it fair to let him be the judge of your list.
1. Mr Stoofer is trying to twist my words in this post : nowhere did I say or imply anything about SlySly's scumminess in this post, I was just answering his questions as well as I can. I personally think the fact that he thought Mr Stoofer was ignoring questions could just as well be explained by an honest mistake, or the fact that he requires more precise answers than I do.

2. I do NOT want to be the judge of anything, because I do NOT want anyone to hide behind what I say. This was my opinion, and nothing more.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:42 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

lord_hur wrote:Mr Stoofer is trying to twist my words in this post : nowhere did I say or imply anything about SlySly's scumminess in this post,
I can see how the second paragraph can be interpreted as meaning that lord_hur agreed with everything in the first paragraph. That is not what I meant -- sorry.

What I was trying to say was that lord_hur agreed with my "First" "Second" and "Third" points:
Mr Stoofer wrote:First, I made clear that I couldn't/wouldn't answer questions from tvod because I was finding him incomprehensible.
Mr Stoofer wrote:Second, many of your questions were not questions at all but rhetorical flourishes (e.g. 241 and your own 160).
Mr Stoofer wrote:Thirdly, on the Guardian questions (e.g. 172, 184), I have made my position absolutely clear.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:34 am

To ignore a question when it is written in a completely comprehensible manner is scummy. Doing it under the guise of "ignoring me" is no less scummy. If you had any sense you would put this "stand" of yours against me behind you and actualy see I am not as incomprehensible as you might think.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:47 am

Post by hasdgfas »

I think Guardian could be a good lynch today:

First off, he seems to be pushing a case on me based on both smell and that "case" he posted early in the game.

He also seems to be jumping on people and not properly expounding upon his reasons for doing so. It, to me, seems like it's one of those "I'm gonna jump on and hope nobody notices because lots of people think that this is a good lynch"
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Guardian »

I feel like that's a fair categorization of my play.
Do not lynch me.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:52 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Guardian wrote:I feel like that's a fair categorization of my play.
Do you feel that it's good play?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Guardian »

hasdgfas wrote:
Guardian wrote:I feel like that's a fair categorization of my play.
Do you feel that it's good play?
Naw, of my most recent dozen games, this is definitely the "bad game", and for some reason I can't get out of the shtick.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Guardian »

In addition, I think Stoofer thinks I'm something I'm not, because I'm silly.

I think even if I'm not about to be lynched, it might make sense for me to claim today. And it might well seem to be pro-town to lynch me today.
Do not lynch me.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Guardian wrote:In addition, I think Stoofer thinks I'm something I'm not, because I'm silly.
WTF?!?!?

You had better tell me what you are not, because if this means what I think it means, then you are dead meat.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Guardian »

>_>
Do not lynch me.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Musher333 »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
Guardian wrote:In addition, I think Stoofer thinks I'm something I'm not, because I'm silly.
WTF?!?!?

You had better tell me what you are not, because if this means what I think it means, then you are dead meat.
By this do you mean that you don't want him to admit to being scum?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Guardian »

Stoofer, are you scum who tried to buddy with me and now you're pissed that I'm not? ^_^

I think that's it.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Guardian »

Either that or you're annoyed that you defended me for no reason, and tvod is scum. those are my thoughts.
Do not lynch me.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I am annoyed that you virtually claimed Cop at the start of this game and you are now backing off from that.

Guardian usually starts off the game messing about a bit, posting in haikus. Instead he started straight in with this:
Guardian [5] wrote:
vote: SlySly
Then Guardian's next post is this:
Guardian [52] wrote:I find it interesting that no one has mentioned me or SlySly, and also that SlySly hasn't posted at all in the game.

mod:
prod?
When lord_hur pointed out in [54] that the game had only just started, Guardian responded by saying [55] "It seems longer".

In his next post, Guardian set out his infamous case against hasdgfas. But he also wrote the following:
Guardian [92] wrote:SlySly is also probably scum.
SlySly had not even posted at this point
. What possible explanation could Guardian have for saying this -- other than him being a cop with a guilty on SlySly?

HackerHuck obviously noticed that something was up because he asked Guardian how why he thought SlySLy was probably the other scum in [100] and [102]. His response:
Guardian [103] wrote:and yeah, slysly is a hunch. or something.
This struck me as very odd when I read it the first time. What was the "or something". And anyway, how could he have a hunch about a player who had not even posted, even at that stage? So I went back did a "View All Posts by Guardian". It was fascinating. It struck me that the only explanation for the "or something", and for his post [92], must be that Guardian was a cop with a guilty result on SlySly. What other explanation could there be?

That is why I made my infamous post:
Mr Stoofer [105] wrote:Also, I want to put the following point on the record:

If we do not lynch thevampireofdussledorf today, we should lynch SlySly.
I was trying to do two things with that post: First, I wanted to try to take the heat off Guardian because I thought he was being so blatant that the Scum would be able to spot that he was a Cop. Second, I wanted to signal to Guardian that I had picked up on the deliberate tells he was dropping. That also explains why I refused to explain post 105 unless Guardian insisted: I didn't want to out him unless he wanted to be outed.

However, in light of Guardian's recent posts, I have to say:
Guardian, what the hell are you playing at?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Also, Guardian's next post included this:
Guardian [121] wrote:SlySly, did you or someone in a group you are a part of kill kabemnon last night? Why or why not?
A bizarre question to ask, of only oner player -- unless he was a Cop with a guilty result on SlySly. I want that explained too.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Guardian »

I wanted to see what would happen if I alluded obviously to being cop, most optimally hoping for odd reactions for SlySly that pointed to my random choice being correct, us lynching SlySly, and me being nightkilled.

Sadly, I am not a cop, SlySly's reactions to my suspicion of him in and of itself are not terribly incriminating, and frankly I've played piss poor this game. I think I'm best leaving Adel's playstyle to Adel, and not trying to emulate it.

I'm not annoyed that I might be lynched; I'm annoyed that I've played badly to an extent that when I am lynched, the people who push for it are gonna be like "well, he was so scummy, why the hell would he do that cop stuff, no one can be blamed, etc.". I'm trying to get my act together in this game but it just isn't working.

Maybe it is because I subconsciously feel like scum, but I'm not, because best I can tell,
I am a miller
. My role PM says I am a townie, but it is not an exact copy of the townie role PM. I am a secretly practicing Jew who managed to become the head of some group, and my role PM is like 'gosh, you're so screwed'. Egyptians hate you, Jews hate you, you gotta help stop the insurgency because if the Egyptians find you are among those nasty Jew you'll be hung, etc.

I breadcrumbed this somewhere, but a miller breadcrumb shouldn't really convince anyone of anything. So um. Yeah.

Whatever happens, if you don't lynch me, don't investigate me tonight. Unless you want to confirm your sanity night one, which would be dumb.
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”