Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 245, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 141, JarJarDrinks wrote:And he STILL hasn't said anything of significance about why rampage is his top scumread.
I would actually like to see a response to this from Shoshin.
At the time JJD posted this, Rampage was my top scumread because his initial post felt fearful (the "checking in" language doesn't fit with RVS), self-conscious (changing his vote because someone else took it), and overly-try-hard (putting way too much thought on who to vote in RVS), and his follow-up confirmed how much thought he had put into that first post (more than I'd expect from town Rampage). That, and all the things others have said - he's made no attempt to find scum, he threw an attack my way but nowhere else (consistent with inexperienced scum who respond to attacks by voting their attacker, especially when others are also voting the attacker).

The reason I had posted so much about JJD but little about Rampage is because I received lots of questions about JJD and little about Rampage, and also because there was no need to say anything about Rampage because others were realizing he was scummy on their own. In general, I'd rather say less than more when it comes to explaining my reads/votes, because I try to influence how others think about the game as little as possible until we reach end of day. But I'm realizing that the meta on this site is a bit backwards, or undeveloped, so people keep getting on my case for saying too little - so fuck it, I'll start posting more walls and explaining exactly what I'm thinking, because as much as I think it's less effective in a better meta, the meta on this site clearly requires an adaptation to my style. Oh well.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Shoshin »

There's another issue I had with Rampage earlier that I forgot about but just remembered upon rereading - the whole "trap" thing assumes that I'm town, which means Rampage thinks I'm town but refuses to actually take that position, and to the contrary, actually sets himself up to eventually vote me down-the-road (not to mention that he was actively trying to discredit what I was saying, despite Rampage's claims that he wasn't defending himself). More recently, this post bothers me:
In post 198, TheRampage wrote:
In post 175, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 132, TheRampage wrote:I have to agree with Jar Jar right there. I mean, you have seriously pushed for me for the majority of the game; and while I would appreciate being one less vote, I think it is fishy that with very little proof or reason, you would go after Jar Jar before me.
This kind of post is why I scum read Rampage. This post is awkward, defensive, and out of tune with the game.
How is what I am saying defensive? I am questioning some one's read. I do nothing at all to defend myself from Shoshin's vote on me. I have not even voted because to me right now, there is no one that really stands out. I have this feeling like you have a little bit of tunnel vision. I think the saying, I could cure cancer and you would find fault in it, applies to you. I personally think your reason for voting me or find me scummy is weak, which is why I haven't addressed it, but now I will. As I said before, I think Shoshin tried to trap scum by giving a bad reason for voting me to see how I would react and to see how others would react. You however have some how developed an even worse reason to vote for me and are actually sticking to it. I feel like because you are a few votes down, you feel like you can try to direct and lead people towards my lynch, and you will then fall off into obscurity when I flip town. I have had a gut feeling about you since you appeared in the game, and now I feel more so.

VOTE: Jodaxq
It shows what I suspected, which is that Rampage self-consciously thinks he was doing nothing to defend himself (even though he was clearly trying to discredit my vote and setting up for voting me down-the-road), Rampage thinks that was town of him to do (it shows a very cautious mindset), and he continues to suggest that I'm town (the "trap" analysis) while making other posts that suggest I'm scum.
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 251, Shoshin wrote: At the time JJD posted this, Rampage was my top scumread because his initial post felt fearful (the "checking in" language doesn't fit with RVS), self-conscious (changing his vote because someone else took it), and overly-try-hard (putting way too much thought on who to vote in RVS), and his follow-up confirmed how much thought he had put into that first post (more than I'd expect from town Rampage). That, and all the things others have said - he's made no attempt to find scum, he threw an attack my way but nowhere else (consistent with inexperienced scum who respond to attacks by voting their attacker, especially when others are also voting the attacker).

The reason I had posted so much about JJD but little about Rampage is because I received lots of questions about JJD and little about Rampage, and also because there was no need to say anything about Rampage because others were realizing he was scummy on their own. In general, I'd rather say less than more when it comes to explaining my reads/votes, because I try to influence how others think about the game as little as possible until we reach end of day. But I'm realizing that the meta on this site is a bit backwards, or undeveloped, so people keep getting on my case for saying too little - so fuck it, I'll start posting more walls and explaining exactly what I'm thinking, because as much as I think it's less effective in a better meta, the meta on this site clearly requires an adaptation to my style. Oh well.
I disagree with your "no attempt to find scum" quip on TheRampage: look like scumhunting to me (regardless of the actual quality of the posts). He also attacked Jodaxq by voting her, which invalidates your claim.

As for the meta: I seem to be doing okay with less frequent, shorter posts. Maybe that's just because people aren't asking me many questions since they're too busy bickering about if a post I made in page 1 is bad or not.

As for TheRampage's wishy-washy reads: I'm reading him as a
Town Village Idiot
for things I mentioned back in and .
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 253, Garuga wrote:I disagree with your "no attempt to find scum" quip on TheRampage: 80 132 198 look like scumhunting to me (regardless of the actual quality of the posts). He also attacked Jodaxq by voting her, which invalidates your claim.

As for the meta: I seem to be doing okay with less frequent, shorter posts. Maybe that's just because people aren't asking me many questions since they're too busy bickering about if a post I made in page 1 is bad or not.
Re: Rampage - I strongly disagree. How do 80, 132, and 198 evidence any scumhunting? How is voting Jodax anything but defensive under the circumstances?

Re: meta - you're one of the people who gave me shit about not explaining reads enough...
Garuga
Garuga
Goon
Garuga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Garuga »

In post 254, Shoshin wrote:
In post 253, Garuga wrote:I disagree with your "no attempt to find scum" quip on TheRampage: 80 132 198 look like scumhunting to me (regardless of the actual quality of the posts). He also attacked Jodaxq by voting her, which invalidates your claim.

Re: Rampage - I strongly disagree. How do 80, 132, and 198 evidence any scumhunting? How is voting Jodax anything but defensive under the circumstances?

Re: meta - you're one of the people who gave me shit about not explaining reads enough...
TheRampage directly read a post as scum. That's direct scumhunting. I didn't say voting Joda wasn't defensive, I said it invalidated your claim of him only attacking you.

Meta: I don't recall ever doing that.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 255, Garuga wrote:TheRampage directly read a post as scum. That's direct scumhunting. I didn't say voting Joda wasn't defensive, I said it invalidated your claim of him only attacking you.
I knew he attacked others but I meant up to the point when JJD voted me again.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Garuga, I still want to know how 80, 132, or 198 evidence scumhunting.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Havo »

Oh man.

Why have we got 3 splintered wagons?
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Havo »

Those who know me know how much I love Day 1s.

So much posturing going on.
In post 151, Invisibility wrote:
In post 146, Garuga wrote:Read this post:
In post 22, Garuga wrote:I guess I prefer voting someone who didn't give us any information with his post.
Explains why I voted you instead of BBT.
what
In post 153, Invisibility wrote:
In post 152, TheRampage wrote:
In post 144, Shoshin wrote:
In post 143, Invisibility wrote:JJD vs Shoshin is not SvS
Why is JJD town?
Did you just .com to bring scum here?
what?
Why are we not lynching this?
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by Havo »

@Havingfitz,

Is Shoshin town?
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Havo »

@Shoshin,

Who’s more town out of textcat, Jodaxq and Bacy?
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 11:35 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 259, Havo wrote:Those who know me know how much I love Day 1s.

So much posturing going on.
In post 151, Invisibility wrote:
In post 146, Garuga wrote:Read this post:
In post 22, Garuga wrote:I guess I prefer voting someone who didn't give us any information with his post.
Explains why I voted you instead of BBT.
what
In post 153, Invisibility wrote:
In post 152, TheRampage wrote:
In post 144, Shoshin wrote:
In post 143, Invisibility wrote:JJD vs Shoshin is not SvS
Why is JJD town?
Did you just .com to bring scum here?
what?
Why are we not lynching this?
seriously?
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 11:44 pm

Post by bacy »

In post 261, Havo wrote:@Shoshin,

what are you hoping to get out of this question?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by havingfitz »

RL busy yesterday. Will effort to catch up by this afternoon.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by Gustavo »

Just checked those posts. I definitely wouldn’t classify those as scum hunting.

As for people bickering about a post you made on page 1, all posts matter. You don’t get a free pass just cause it was said on page 1.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 257, Shoshin wrote:Garuga, I still want to know how 80, 132, or 198 evidence scumhunting.
Does it really matter?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2018 12:00 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 258, Havo wrote:Oh man.

Why have we got 3 splintered wagons?
I’m sad the garuga wagon fell apart. I don’t think I like any of his posts which only strengthens my scum read on him.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2018 1:56 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 240, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 239, texcat wrote:I hope by "do stuff" you don't mean saying the same thing over and over again about 18. Because we should have exhausted that topic 9 pages ago.
Perhaps if more people were "doing stuff", I'd have other topics to talk about.
Man more that I think about it, the more I seriously Fn hate tex's post here.

How are you gonna critisize people taking about what's going on in the game when you haven't contributed a lick to the discussion?

would he prefer we just sit around?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2018 2:00 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 243, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 110, JarJarDrinks wrote:good posts from Jodaxq. I townread her.
Which posts did you like?
all of her posts to that point were pretty good.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2018 2:18 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

gonna UNVOTE: Shoshin for now

Latest bunch of posts seem decent and she does scumread the same people as me at least. Plus she's super active which I generally don't like to lynch in games with a bunch of lurkers.

lets VOTE: TheRampage
some reasoning here:
Spoiler:
In post 202, JarJarDrinks wrote:
TheRampage
- scum. his seems to shade shoshin a bit but is very reluctant to vote there. Also he hasn't talk about another player in the game (aside from his most recent terribad vote for joda)

Plus 2 of my townreads are on the wagon which is a good sign.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2018 2:25 am

Post by Havo »

In post 263, bacy wrote:
In post 261, Havo wrote:@Shoshin,

what are you hoping to get out of this question?
Insight
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2018 2:29 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

I think it's a good question
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2018 2:29 am

Post by Gustavo »

that was a weird question by bacy.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2018 2:35 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 259, Havo wrote:Why are we not lynching this?
I could probably compromise on Invisibility. Do you like any of the other current wagons?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”