the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by the worst »

the most natural conversation stirrer itt is the mod.
fuuuu :lol:
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 374, ruru wrote:Like we're 15 pages in and I just kinda feel like nothing happened and I'm bored

Like I need RC flaming me or something so I can get into the game more

I feel like you were experiencing this too at least a few pages ago
i mean, with the exception of the worst, everyone on the lower tier of my list in is also among the lower half when it comes to postcount.

i guess i've been going more for the "sit back and wait for scum to out themselves", but i can try to switch that up if it'll be more effective. just give me a second.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

First order of business:

Blackstar voters, justify yourself.

I'm feeling pretty good about blackstar being town here. He's definitely going against the seeming "consensus opinion", but i fail to see where the "scum" part of that comes in. In fact, it's the opposite to me – he really doesn't seem to be concerned all that much with his own appearance. His thoughts and votes get him scumread, but they all feel totally real to me. I think a good example of what i'm trying to say is in his entrance with the vote on zoronos. as seen from the reactions it was definitely an "against the grain" move, but again, it all felt like completely real things that he actually thought:

Spoiler:
In post 61, BlackStar wrote:
In post 60, ofrhz wrote:
In post 57, BlackStar wrote:Wow, I didn't expect the game to start today

VOTE: zoronos
why zoronos?
His posts are too long
In post 63, BlackStar wrote:
In post 62, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 61, BlackStar wrote:His posts are too long
We're not in RVS anymore...
It feels like he's trying too hard even though nothing has happened
In post 65, BlackStar wrote:It just feels artificial to me for some reason
In post 67, BlackStar wrote:'kay
In post 69, BlackStar wrote:
In post 68, Zoronos wrote:BlackStar - let’s chat. Is there an opinion of mine you disagree with or that is confusing which I can clarify for you?
No, you brought up some good points. You just give off a weird vibe. It's like someone thought about the ideal way for a town member to post and then designed a program that wrote posts like that for them. Just doesn't feel right

and, reading the thread myself, i can
see
where his thought is coming from.

i get a strange feeling that blackstar could be sorted pretty realiably using a spreadsheet (math probably knows what i'm talking about), but just on his play here i'm feeling pretty good about him being town.

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by the worst »

pretty much read his early game as busywork and thought his vote on me was terrible

I'm kinda coming around to town!BStar tbh just not sure where to start next
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by the worst »

how confident are you in scum!ofrhz? I'm starting to feel like I might be being stupid.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@Other Open 721-ers

Thoughts on ofhrz here as compared to last game? Correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i remember in both of the games i've played with him people just considered him obviously town – obviously town to the point where i don't think i've ever really expended that much effort trying to read him, i just wrote him off as town.

Is the fact that i can't really write him off as town yet meaningful?

Elli-tell still seems valid here as well. He really hasn't been much of a presence so far – i should go back and check open 721 and 1859's early game postcount there to compare. (this is something math might want to do / have done already as well)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 380, the worst wrote:how confident are you in scum!ofrhz? I'm starting to feel like I might be being stupid.
i'm not anywhere near confident yet, but he's definitely got my attention.

this is kind of why i was doing the "taking it slow" route, because i'm not sure how much my making all of this clear will change his behavior such that it'd be unreadable, but i think doing this is necessary for the gamestate right now at the very least.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 379, the worst wrote:pretty much read his early game as busywork and thought his vote on me was terrible
What about compared to hitalt's vote?

What's your read on hitalt right now?

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by the worst »

HitAlt is pretty null for me. he doesn't really ~feel~ scummy but I'm also having some issues parsing the trajectory and reasoning behind his reads.

GTH ofrhz seems similar to open 721 here. in reality I should go reread some.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 382, northsidegal wrote:this is kind of why i was doing the "taking it slow" route, because i'm not sure how much my making all of this clear will change his behavior such that it'd be unreadable, but i think doing this is necessary for the gamestate right now at the very least.
Yeah, this is like precisely one of the reasons why the game is awful
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 381, northsidegal wrote:
@Other Open 721-ers

Thoughts on ofhrz here as compared to last game? Correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i remember in both of the games i've played with him people just considered him obviously town – obviously town to the point where i don't think i've ever really expended that much effort trying to read him, i just wrote him off as town.

Is the fact that i can't really write him off as town yet meaningful?

Elli-tell still seems valid here as well. He really hasn't been much of a presence so far – i should go back and check open 721 and 1859's early game postcount there to compare. (this is something math might want to do / have done already as well)
ofrhz was mislynched on D1 in that game. I see no difference so far
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 385, ruru wrote:
In post 382, northsidegal wrote:this is kind of why i was doing the "taking it slow" route, because i'm not sure how much my making all of this clear will change his behavior such that it'd be unreadable, but i think doing this is necessary for the gamestate right now at the very least.
Yeah, this is like precisely one of the reasons why the game is awful
?

because people are lurking or because of my strategy?

things fall apart
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by ruru »

Because I think your strategy is kind of optimal
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 273, HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 206, pinturicchio wrote:Now about the misunderstanding: no I don't think jjh was trying to redirect heat off himself, 'cause I don't think there was heat on himself in the first place. What I find ironic is that, by saying that about NSG, NSG went full bananas on him but either way, about redirecting heat... I don't think that's a treat only scum has; town doesn't want to be the center of attention either. Town doesn't care that much maybe, but from my point of view, I try to analyze this things in a way like "is this relevant to my read on this player? If yes, why; if no, read something else". jjh's motivation is a no, first 'cause there's not enough evidence to think anything about that post, and second 'cause even if he was trying to derail attention, I wouldn't know how to read that
I personally think this was a damning thing so let's discuss. What does town jjh get from redirecting this off of himself now? I do feel he had a small bit of pressure after somewhat of a flaming start. As if he didn't want attraction to divert from him as much as from his content... Do you see what I'm saying or am I seeing this wrong? Also I'd find this more excusable if it were an actual wagon but it's RVS
HWS I think the same thing you're asking is answered in the same post you're quoting. If you react badly at pressure either as town or scum, then you don't want to be pressured 'cause either you're being mislynched or caught, that's like... The definition of NAI. But I said the same thing that you're saying: I don't think he was redirecting anything 'cause there was no "anything" in the first place
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 388, ruru wrote:Because I think your strategy is kind of optimal
solution: lynch all lurkers

things fall apart
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by ruru »

Worked for me last game
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 390, northsidegal wrote:
In post 388, ruru wrote:Because I think your strategy is kind of optimal
solution: lynch all lurkers
i'm only half-joking with this, by the way. if we want to use the "let scum incriminate themselves" strategy, then naked voting lurkers up to a decently sized wagon serves to get them to post more while also not necessarily revealing the reasons behind a scumread.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

how does mhsmith put it? sort by postcount, become werewolf expert?

things fall apart
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 354, Zoronos wrote:I feel like I should dump my thoughts from my discussion with Pintu, but they’re still a bit jumbly. So, bear with me.

I think Pintu is seeing the evidence completely differently than I am. At first I wanted to call that scummy, but if I had one word to describe our discussion, that word would be “reasonable”. He never got incensed or frustrated, or called me scummy for leaning on him, he just calmly explained his position and why he disagreed with me.
I don’t really like his predicates, but he was very insist on their validity, and he took those predicates to a reasonable place. I can see how he got from A to B, even if I disagree with A. He didn’t bow or give an inch in his discussion, while remaining willing to engage it.

My gut says that’s towny but I struggle to clearly explain why or specifically what parts of our discussion made me feel towny on him. Maybe that he’s playing highly cooperatively?

Sorry for the mess, but that’s where I ended up. I wish I could have ended up at a ‘yeah, got the scum!, but that would be stretching for a conclusion I wanted instead of the conclusion I think the evidence points towards. I think my initial scum lean was wrong.
Zoronos I think me being cooperative with you started because I am townreading you (you remember my first towngame in this place), and even if we got different conclusions, I now got a townread on you, and that's good. What I don't get is why were you scumleaning/reading me in the first place; you started asking me questions before seeing that our conclusions were different, so what was first, the duckling or the egg?
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

@NSG you're pretty talkative in this game compared to all the other games I've played with you. Wanna jam?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 395, pinturicchio wrote:@NSG you're pretty talkative in this game compared to all the other games I've played with you. Wanna jam?
i'm not exactly sure what that implies, but i think i'm probably okay with it.

things fall apart
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

I mean let's talk. You usually don't talk too much, you just give your reads, but here you're talking, and I want to talk with you 'cause you have good early reads.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 394, pinturicchio wrote: Zoronos I think me being cooperative with you started because I am townreading you (you remember my first towngame in this place), and even if we got different conclusions, I now got a townread on you, and that's good. What I don't get is why were you scumleaning/reading me in the first place; you started asking me questions before seeing that our conclusions were different, so what was first, the duckling or the egg?
Did I not explain that? I thought I explained that.
You launched into PR-talk / setup discussion before giving out reads, and your volume-of-posting early was focused there initially instead of the other posters. Basically it was the first place you enthusiastically engaged the thread (short posts vs long posts). Same for MathDino. I recall the_worst and HitAlt said something like it's not out of character for you and Mathdino, so I figured I'd lean in slowly rather than going full bore.

Contrast ruru who started the setup discussion but was simultaneously giving reads.
I could have sworn I explained this. If I didn't my apologies.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 396, northsidegal wrote:
In post 395, pinturicchio wrote:@NSG you're pretty talkative in this game compared to all the other games I've played with you. Wanna jam?
i'm not exactly sure what that implies, but i think i'm probably okay with it.
Interested in if your jjh read progressed and in a Mathdino read

Return to “Completed Open Games”