Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by davesaz »

Nobody plays every game exactly the same way.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by davesaz »

I have never played in a game with ruru.
The MD games that ruru has seen are not the same MD games that I have seen.
The sets are disjoint, there is no comparison between them.
And yes, I would be hugely surprised if MD played every scum game the same way. Multiple metas are a given, else he'd get lynched every time as scum. This is mafia 101...
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 499, davesaz wrote: Maybe that's exactly why I'm asking these questions. I don't see it as confrontational though. I don't think I've even been impolite.

I looked at Mathdino in ISO, was surprised by what I saw, and voted there to stir the coals a bit. It's not prompted by the ofhrz vote at all, it's prompted by his overall content. Didn't expect that to evoke a strong reaction from anyone, and instead two 3rd parties decided it was necessary to jump in.

The question to ruru is a very simple one. It was a naked vote, and I'd like to have some explanation. I usually ask for explanations of naked votes. When I ask for explanations and the response is diversionary, it's a huge red flag.
I normally only ask for explanations for votes when something about the player bothers me / seems suspicious.
Of all the people on the ofhrz wagon, you chose to question ruru. And you persisted in questioning ruru. That suggests you don't have an active sort on ruru and are trying to sort her? In a vacuum, fine, no problem. It doesn't agree with my take on the game but w/e I guess you do you. But you've selected two voters on the ofhrz to suspect, and that strikes me as a pattern.

I think I like where you're going on the mathdino read, I'm just not sure I like how you're getting there.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 501, davesaz wrote:I have never played in a game with ruru.
The MD games that ruru has seen are not the same MD games that I have seen.
The sets are disjoint, there is no comparison between them.
And yes, I would be hugely surprised if MD played every scum game the same way. Multiple metas are a given, else he'd get lynched every time as scum. This is mafia 101...
Yes, but your case is contingent on him only having one town meta, and because he's not playing it you're voting him.
Your case contradicts this statement.

I wish people that agreed with me had better cases for doing it it would make me feel much better.
Talk to me about not-meta-case-stuff on MathDino.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 378, northsidegal wrote:First order of business:

Blackstar voters, justify yourself.
His classification of things as genuine or not genuine feels arbitrary and made up

finding a reason to scumread me in how I caught up in a large burst of activity but not considering the more likely alternative which is that I had a large chunk of time to sit down and play the game but have been busy otherwise

But probably by far the largest reason is that I have a hard time believing that someone read my scum game in Newbie 1865 like he claimed (my only finished scumgame on-site) and came to the conclusion that I could be scum this game. I kinda think the differences in my gameplay have already been night and day
I'm feeling pretty good about blackstar being town here. <snip>

and, reading the thread myself, i can
see
where his thought is coming from.
Could you explain which of his thoughts make sense to you? I’m guessing you’re not talking about his initial gut read of Zoronos since you had Zoronos as a townlean early
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 356, BlackStar wrote:
In post 350, ofrhz wrote:
In post 319, BlackStar wrote: It felt like desperation to me. He wanted to act as if the vote didn't bother him and possibly change ruru's mind by acting as if he approved of the logic behind it.
What was desperate about it? Like what part of it seemed like I was acting versus actually not caring about the vote
"Ruru voted for me. She's probably town, guys!"
feels different from
"I can understand why Ruru scumreads me. If I was in their shoes I probably would too. I don't like the vote but I see where they're coming from. I think I town read Ruru."
I feel like a good deal of this is personality

and even if it wasn't, ruru didn't explain why she was scumreading me so I would never say the latter
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by davesaz »

I see that them having both been on the ofhrz wagon could be concerning, if that were an actual reason. But in fact I looked at activity to get the Mathdino lead. I get most of my leads on players I know by differences from past games, and then digging into the difference to find out if it's AI or not. If it's someone I don't know, I have to ask questions to determine what they think, and then see if what they say about what they think matches the behavior. This is why my approaches to MD and ruru are different, and previous wagon composition is merely a coincidence.

At least I'm getting a decent handle on you. :)

Pedit: MD has been controlling in every single town game I've ever seen. He's even tried to control my town game when we were on a team together in Team Mafia. Therefore not controlling is a huge difference and it needs to be investigated.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:39 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 381, northsidegal wrote:
@Other Open 721-ers

Thoughts on ofhrz here as compared to last game? Correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i remember in both of the games i've played with him people just considered him obviously town – obviously town to the point where i don't think i've ever really expended that much effort trying to read him, i just wrote him off as town.

Is the fact that i can't really write him off as town yet meaningful?

Elli-tell still seems valid here as well. He really hasn't been much of a presence so far – i should go back and check open 721 and 1859's early game postcount there to compare. (this is something math might want to do / have done already as well)
I was mislynched D1 in that game
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:52 pm

Post by davesaz »

I think NSG's points on JJH around and are good. (typing post numbers from memory, if these land in the wrong place it will be +/- a few posts)
I'm a little uneasy about her not pursuing that thread, and wonder how it got resolved.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 344, HitAlt wrote:
In post 254, the worst wrote:ofrhz sure sounds a lot like ofrhz
And
In post 255, the worst wrote:actually not sure why this wagon is happening, can someone give me a hand?
Seems either like a scum with TMI-knowing it's a mislynch, or scum softly trying to steer the wagon.
Scummy posts anyway.
In post 424, HitAlt wrote:I have no reason to reverse my scumread on the duck.
I'd argue we can see scum!Zoro more easily after duck really flips scum.
Pintu legit feels like town.
One scum in ruru/orcfz is probable.
Blackstra is likely town, and the ones who have poked/voted there so far likely have scum in them, looking for a potential mislynch.
This caught my eye b/c you've locked onto the worst here, and I don't quite follow

Pintu in also said I am playing a similar game to one of my town games, which is kinda similar to tw's . Could you explain how pintu has towntold?

HWS recently questioned why I'm being wagoned. What do you think of that?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 277, HitAlt wrote:Orfcz+duck are scum btw.
More certain of the duck.

VOTE: the worse
When you get back please explain this.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 440, ruru wrote:
In post 435, davesaz wrote:Ruru please explain your ofrhz vote.
It's likely on scum
it's not
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 450, ruru wrote:Md is kinda null to me, but lynching him now is super -EV
I actually thought davesaz's vote was kinda town?

like why draw so much attention to yourself by voting mathdino
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by ofrhz »

hey pintu, got a tinfoil hat theory for me yet?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 482, Zoronos wrote:I’m a little worried that NSG isn’t as rapid about prosecutin her scum case as in 2005 but maybe that’s because she’s setting a clever trap idk she mentioned that the other day, but the raw emotional intensity is missing so I’m concerned. Or maybe she’s just not sure yet but I have concerns.
i made that alt in the first place to play differently. you probably shouldn't be expecting similar play.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Post by northsidegal »

{nsg}
{BlackStar, ruru}
{davesaz, Zoronos}
{HeWhoSwims, pinturicchio}
{Mathdino, the worst, HitAlt}
{ofrhz, jjh927, Something_Smart}

strangely enough, despite the positioning i feel like if i'm wrong on any one of these it'd be within the {davesaz, zoronos} group.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Post by northsidegal »

if i'm wrong a townread, that is.

things fall apart
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by HitAlt »

In post 437, Zoronos wrote:
Talk to me about why you scum read the duck.
Based on what you wrote prior, , you think he's TMI on the ofrhz (or defending a partner). Since then he seems to be claiming a town read on ofrhz .
You had an early town read on the the_worst so there's clearly been some trajectory change in this read. You moved from 'duck is towny' to 'duck is scummy + [not sure on ofrhz ]' -> 'both ofrhz and duck are scummy'.
You missed my very next post after 129:
In post 131, HitAlt wrote:They can def. be chill as scum too, but I have a strong vibe.
I had a strong vibe
because they felt relaxed and "themselves" at that point.

That sensation wore off, and I think them not finding a good wagon yet is one implication of scum!worst.
Then their posts towards the one notable wagon today raised some real red flags, so now they are actually a scumread.
In post 437, Zoronos wrote:What have you thought about the duck's posting in the time since you initially pronounced that read?
He's certainly increased a lot in volume
, at least to my estimation.
..which is why I I put my words as in "I have no reason to reverse my read".
Volume is NAI on their part.
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Post by davesaz »

@NSG can you explain how you townread ruru?
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 517, HitAlt wrote:
In post 437, Zoronos wrote:
Talk to me about why you scum read the duck.
Based on what you wrote prior, , you think he's TMI on the ofrhz (or defending a partner). Since then he seems to be claiming a town read on ofrhz .
You had an early town read on the the_worst so there's clearly been some trajectory change in this read. You moved from 'duck is towny' to 'duck is scummy + [not sure on ofrhz ]' -> 'both ofrhz and duck are scummy'.
You missed my very next post after 129:
In post 131, HitAlt wrote:They can def. be chill as scum too, but I have a strong vibe.
I had a strong vibe
because they felt relaxed and "themselves" at that point.

That sensation wore off, and I think them not finding a good wagon yet is one implication of scum!worst.
Then their posts towards the one notable wagon today raised some real red flags, so now they are actually a scumread.
In post 437, Zoronos wrote:What have you thought about the duck's posting in the time since you initially pronounced that read?
He's certainly increased a lot in volume
, at least to my estimation.
..which is why I I put my words as in "I have no reason to reverse my read".
Volume is NAI on their part.
That's why you were town reading the_worst? Huh, I guess I didn't really understand that.

Tell me more about these red flags.
I mean, yeah, he's increased in volume, I was hoping you'd have some thoughts about what was in those posts. Like, anything in them increase your certainty here?
Help me understand your read. Sell me.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:47 pm

Post by HitAlt »

I'll probably try that either later today, or tomorrow.
Don't feel like writing walls right now.
And if anyone calls this stalling, I'll call them scum.
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 12:56 am

Post by the worst »

In post 517, HitAlt wrote:them not finding a good wagon yet is one implication of scum!worst
scuse fucking you?

the fuck are you basing this on? I'm suddenly thinking you have no idea what I'm like as a player, and your BoP bullshit is raising more red flags than anything.

Who cares if anyone refers to it as stalling? We are not even close to deadline. Seriously question.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 1:14 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 504, ofrhz wrote:
In post 378, northsidegal wrote:First order of business:

Blackstar voters, justify yourself.
His classification of things as genuine or not genuine feels arbitrary and made up

finding a reason to scumread me in how I caught up in a large burst of activity but not considering the more likely alternative which is that I had a large chunk of time to sit down and play the game but have been busy otherwise

But probably by far the largest reason is that I have a hard time believing that someone read my scum game in Newbie 1865 like he claimed (my only finished scumgame on-site) and came to the conclusion that I could be scum this game. I kinda think the differences in my gameplay have already been night and day
I'm feeling pretty good about blackstar being town here. <snip>

and, reading the thread myself, i can
see
where his thought is coming from.
Could you explain which of his thoughts make sense to you? I’m guessing you’re not talking about his initial gut read of Zoronos since you had Zoronos as a townlean early
You're changing my words. I didn't say that I read that game and decided you were scum here. I said that I read your game and decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. But I still wasn't 100% convinced you were town and eventually I couldn't ignore that feeling
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 3:03 am

Post by Mathdino »

You guys are doing a bang-up job of talking mafia theory
Is ruru still town? Chainsaw defence of me feels weird

Davesaz is more than likely town for this
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 3:06 am

Post by Mathdino »

Wait yeah ruru would always do that as both alignments, she sees mafia theory similarly to me

Your investigation should probably lead you to realise that I'm just low on mafia inspiration in general this week, dave
You're not allowed to discuss ongoings but you're still allowed to privately check them

If you guys start wagoning obvtown I might get upset but as it is most of the most active players are town
And this bores me

Return to “Completed Open Games”