roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 902, Ginngie wrote:I'm hating rofl's performance more and more as the days go on
and i'm still not caring at all so keep on keeping on
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 906, Tammy wrote:I'd have preferred that not happening right then, but I should have unvoted.
congratulations this clusterf*** is 100% your doing
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Pine »

Yeah absolutely wagoning the fuck out of Hito D2. He's REALLY acting like informed minority around the KMD lynch here.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 927, Pine wrote:Yeah absolutely wagoning the fuck out of Hito D2. He's REALLY acting like informed minority around the KMD lynch here.
what do YOU think KMDs flippin
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 905, Tammy wrote:Two scum games I found he tends to claim doctor, but one he claimed vt during a massclaim, so IDK.

pedit: Never mind.
I don't think I've ever fakeclaim VT on day 1. And I've played a lot of games. No reason I'd start here. Massclaim is the only time I'd claim VT as scum.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Got any final thoughts on the players before Korts locks the thread KMD?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Not really that haven't been posted. Kind of could see one scum in Axel/Rofl, but not for Rofls weird tunnel. It's actually more related to their stances on me. Axel's push felt fake because he called me scum for being busy, claimed he wasn't doing that, then deliberately ignores my reply. Rofl on the other hand seemed too sure I was town.

Ginngie and lycan are my strongest scum reads. I kind of think Tammy is town (oh I should post my meta thing even though I didn't finish it) now. Eddie is still town. Magna, meh, could see either way. Firebringer maybe town? Hito town. Insanity could be scum but I don't see any reason to lean that way. Pine town. Claims will sort themselves out.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

This was my tammy post. Didn't finish it.
Kmd4390 wrote:So, earlier, I said this:
Kmd wrote:I was scum with Tammy in a game nancy modded and she played well. She seems to have the idea she's not good at scum and it does seem to stress her out to be scum, but "shit at scum" isn't at all something I'd agree with based on that game
and, later, this:
Tammy wrote:Note to self: I want to check something in Tammy's meta and need to find a town game or two of hers. Meh, I should probably look at a scum game or two as well just to be sure I'm not misremembering the tell I think I'm picking up.
Those things tie together.

Going back over that PT (viewtopic.php?t=72448&f=94&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go), I notice my memory is correct. Her reaction to being scum is a sad face smilie, and all caps "FATIGUE" post at the scum game she'd just finished, and this quote referring to the same game:
Tammy wrote:Yeah I worked my ass off, but almost nobody thought I did a good job, it was pretty depressing.
So my assessment that Tammy gets stressed at being scum, but is good at it, appears to be accurate.

Now, back to this game for a minute. I noticed some quotes that give me the idea that's how she feels about this game:
Spoiler: Tammy Quotes
Tammy wrote:Also if Magna doesn't pick up his prod and come back when he's one of the main reasons i even looked at this game and wanted to replace in,
I'm going to scream.
This is subtle, but it may be frustration spilling in to her posts.
Tammy wrote:I may be a bit rusty
Tammy wrote:I don't really get a whole lot out of early pages of games, especially when I'm not there, so there's not too much.
This shows a lack of confidence that I believe is more common in her scum game than her town game.
Tammy wrote:I read page four last night while laying down to fall asleep but I don't remember anything I read
Tammy wrote:My ability to be coherent is at an all time low. I could just grade people's posts I suppose, but that would only be slightly amusing to me and a waste of time actually. K, I'm gonna try to go to sleep before my lack of sleep loopiness kicks in and I decide that's actually a good idea
Tammy wrote:my mind feels very scrambled, so if I don't make sense I apologize
This reminds me of the "FATIGUE" post in the PT of nancy's game. It feels like when Tammy took the time to read, it was a lot of work and may have been overwhelming. I'm wondering if things like this come easier to Tammy as town. The hard part with this is that Tammy is busy in real life and some, if not all, of the fatigue may be from that. So I will keep that in mind.

So....things to check:
1) Does Tammy's frustration at drawing scum spill into her early posts?
2) Does Tammy come off more confident as town than as scum?
3) Does Tammy show any signs of fatigue or being overwhelmed as town?

The first game I'm going to check is the one that made me feel these concerns to begin with:
Nancy's "Girl's" game:
(viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72907)

Tammy was a hydra with Nacho and they didn't sign posts, so if I have anything that is Nacho's in here, Tammy can correct me.
Spoiler: Frustration

Spoiler: Lack of Confidence

Spoiler: Fatigue
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Tammy »

None of the posts from the other game showed up.

I feel like I should respond since it’s about me, but it would be a big self-meta wall and I’m feeling lazy and want to go to sleep. I don’t think anyone would accuse me of being very confident in general though; maybe I fake it well sometimes!

You are correct that I hate being scum and it stresses me out, but I think you’re going wrong on how that gets expressed. Most people don’t know why it stresses me out, so they end up thinking various things.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

That happened
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 881, Eddie Cane wrote:But you specifically do your sorting off of individual posts. There are less individual posts. Unless I'm misremembering your process from discord (I left the TM server so I can't check), the post count should be all that matters and the density should be irrelevant.
I didn't bother doing it for TM besides White Flag into where RVS "ended" for me because I caught CES. In the tiebreaker it was the
opposite
of what you're saying. I pegged the team because Leonshade had two interactions with his partner. One suggesting them as scum and then using mental gymnastics to sell them as town to GIF for the same reasons they were scummy. It was GIF that I said might have been scum just based on density alone (he interacted with everyone and never took his foot off the pedal).
In post 881, Eddie Cane wrote:i don't know what you're responding to here
I'm establishing that everything I was bringing up was still relevant to the current game state.

In post 881, Eddie Cane wrote:well he's townreading my strongest scumread idk why you think I would like that

and not really. Yes he might be scum. no he probably isn't. the previous two sentences are the definition of a town read my guy. 605 doesn't qualify as shading.
In post 881, Eddie Cane wrote:I never said I scumread you?
Then why did you vote me LMFAO. I literally established that Hito was fair game.
In post 886, hitogoroshi wrote:Who cares enough about interactions to sit and catalog them one by one in a spreadsheet, while ALSO caring little enough to be comfortable using interaction counts as they were circa the first third of the game? Surely raw counts are like, the poster child for "The more complete, the better" in terms of investigation methods?
I said I stopped doing it when Cooldog and KMD arrived because up until that point, they had about three each. I continued onto the next page to see where they would steer discussion onto now that they were presumably caught up. KMD wasn't there, Cooldog was pretty adversarial to Moi, Pine and OM. Of them I'd say he isn't partners with OM.
In post 886, hitogoroshi wrote:With no mention of what that means, and which one of those permutations is scummy (evidently lots of interactions AND few interactions both mean scumbuddies?)
Sure. If you ignore somebody all game, I'm gonna assume you have no reason to talk to them. Meanwhile if two people are super high up together, I want to see how their reads progress and if they work together. If somebody is all over the board interrogating everyone, they're also probably scum. It's less of a science and more of a springboard. If I see something strange and refer to a sheet and see one or two points I end up looking at my notes where I try to specifically write down that it's the first interaction and see how I felt at the time. All of these examples have gotten me scum before.

Attaching some nefarious motive to this is hilarious. If you think I'm scum, ask me something insightful. Beating your chest over a chart isn't the way to go.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 896, Tammy wrote:can you explain this? Because I'm really trying to understand you and your play and some of the theories you've presented are kinda whackadoo and I'm trying to figure out if this is irrational town that thinks they saw something early or bullshitting scum trying to hold on to some narrative they think they can build.
That first quote was taken out of context in that game. My
gut reaction
("feely bullshit") was that Llamarble was scummy, because he was being egotistical. Rather than let that feeling form my final opinion on him I kept thinking about his post and realized that it stunk so badly that it was scum bait. Cogito Ergo Scum voted him shortly after and at that point I was pretty sure I found scum, but it was early game (page 3?) so I made a nonsense vote with a nearly broken vote tag to point to later as "yeah by the way I found scum but wanted you all to keep talking so we didn't speedlynch scum and ruin day 1". The town didn't really get it, because they all thought they drew scum PMs. See this post if you actually care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for what I meant in this game: scums can town up if they have no pressure on them. Reading how they interact with others might be helpful post-flip, but all it does is make you wonder if that post comes from town. You have to focus on the posts that come from scum, and push them on that, get feedback, and work from there.

I would probably still be pushing you if not for that hand wavy post Pine made to you in . The whole point about Pine's "cogdis" is pretty weak considering the entire playerlist wants to dump on OM. Seemingly it's Pine that doesn't seem to give a shit about you as a person which was different to how he was talking Chamber into not replacing out. Now there's some dissonance I can get behind.

--

Don't really like how everyone is poeing insanity while kmd got lynched IMO.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 10:56 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 925, roflcopter wrote:
In post 902, Ginngie wrote:I'm hating rofl's performance more and more as the days go on
Okay how is this supposed to get anyone to actually townread you
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 11:20 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 937, Ginngie wrote:
In post 925, roflcopter wrote:
Okay how is this supposed to get anyone to actually townread you
it's almost like people who are only concerned with being townread are not town. i don't care if you or anyone else townreads me, i'll just be over here pointing at the scum.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 11:22 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 924, roflcopter wrote:for posterity - axel and insanity are scum, don't forget to lynch old man tomorrow, and lynch cooldog at least two days before lylo
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 11:24 pm

Post by Ginngie »

you tried that

then I brought up a lot of points where you were wrong

you ignored that

and pushed the same thing

and the whole "idc how people view me look" doesn't sell either

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Post by roflcopter »

ignoring is one of my key skills
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 11:33 pm

Post by roflcopter »

that and putting people on tilt
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by Korts »

Final Vote Count
(8) Kmd4390 - Tammy, Pine, Ginngie, insanity018, Eddie Cane, CooLDoG, MagnaofIllusion, Firebringer
(3) Lycanfire - hitogoroshi, Old Man, Kmd4390
(2) Axelrod - roflcopter, Kison
(1) MagnaofIllusion - Lycanfire

not voting:
Axelrod

8 to lynch
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Post by Korts »

Kmd4390 has been lynched. He was a
Vanilla Townie

It is now Night 1. Deadline for Night Actions is 6 PM EST the 31st of May.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by Korts »

It is now Day 2.

hitogoroshi has been killed. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Vote Count
(0) everyone -

not voting:
everyone

7 to lynch

Deadline is 6 PM EST on Friday the 29th of June.
scumchat never die
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by Ginngie »

VOTE: insanity

That’s the move right here

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:52 am

Post by roflcopter »

vote: insanity

i concur but i'm also gonna need old man to back up his bluff from yesterday or die
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 2:09 am

Post by Axelrod »

I agree the "move" is "wait for OM to prove his IC claim."

But then there's some other stuff.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 2:23 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 948, Axelrod wrote:I agree the "move" is "wait for OM to prove his IC claim."

But then there's some other stuff.
why wait before starting on the other stuff?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”