Not Voting
(6): Havo, Jodaxq, texcat, JarJarDrinks, bacy, Gustavo

With 11 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

The day 2 deadline is in
: (expired on 2018-06-09 19:20:59)

Mod Notes
: Havingfitz is V/LA until Tuesday.
Gustavo is V/LA until Tuesday.
Last edited by northsidegal on Sun May 27, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 485, Invisibility wrote:
In post 484, texcat wrote:
In post 143, Invisibility wrote:
In post 120, Shoshin wrote:I don't like HF's use of "wtf" - his reaction seems a bit over-the-top.
bad

JJD vs Shoshin is not SvS

VOTE: Shoshin
In post 431, Invisibility wrote:VOTE: JJD
scummiest person right now for me
In post 449, Invisibility wrote:
In post 446, Shoshin wrote:
In post 445, Invisibility wrote:
In post 443, Shoshin wrote:Invisibility, join me on Mumble!
you were literally voting me a few posts ago what
So what? I'm voting Mumble now and you should join.
i like this better
So do you now think that it was SvS?
probs not
In post 486, Invisibility wrote:probably so*
Idk but this seems like a strange typo.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 487, Invisibility wrote:@BBT how do you feel about Shoshin trying to get me on the wagon?
This post rubs me the wrong way. It comes right after your supposed typo and this looks like you casually answered Texcat's question without thinking, realized you answered inconsistently and threw out your "correction," and then threw out a question to try and move the conversation past it. Why ask BBT in specific? Why did it have to be a question about something that happened to you? Why not ask about his general thoughts on his Shoshin town read?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Mod, I'm not voting Shoshin - I'm voting Mumble. That Shoshin wagon is disgusting as well.

Will get to this game a little later today.

fixed.
-nsg
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 488, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 427, Shoshin wrote:VOTE: Invisibility
I don't really know what I think about this vote. Not necessarily the person you voted for, but the fact that you naked voted to start day 2. You were pretty verbose on day one with no reservations about explaining your thought process. Why a naked vote? Why not give an explanation here?
I wanted to give others a chance to think about Invisibility's alignment without my influencing - plus I had already explained my suspicion on D1.
In post 490, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 430, Shoshin wrote:
In post 428, Mumble wrote:Why?
Besides the points I raised on D1, his continued push on Garuga in the latter part of D1 felt very mechanical (as town, I think his read would have shifted more fluidly), and his refusal to hammer Rampage while doing nothing to prevent the mislynch suggests Invisibility knew Rampage would flip town but had no desire to save his life.
Isn't this what you were accusing JJD of on day 1? That he interpreted your actions in the worst light without understanding your thinking?
You're right that I accused JJD of interpreting my actions in the worst light without trying to understand where I was coming from. But you're wrong that 430 expresses a similar accusation and I'm unsure how you came to that conclusion.
In post 491, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 434, Shoshin wrote:
In post 432, Invisibility wrote:Could you elaborate?
No, your posts peak for themselves. Why JJD?
I disagree that they speak for themselves in this regard and it really makes your previous explanation seem forced
What do you mean by "seem forced"? Do you disagree that Invisibility's play at the end of D1 felt mechanical? If so, why? What are you getting from his posts?
In post 492, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 442, Shoshin wrote:VOTE: Mumble

From the way he's playing, he's clearly implied that Invisibility is town in a way that suggests he's pre-inclined to do so (either because Invisibility is his partner, or because he knows Invisibility is town). He read Garuga as scum, he read me as scum, and he jumped on the Rampage lynch when it was popular to do so. In other words, he's voting townies. And he's obscured his alignment by keeping his thoughts to himself, and when pushed to offer some thoughts, he's refused. He'd rather vote me to answer his questions than actually say who he thinks is scum, or vote whoever he thinks is scum. Also, note how he's still voting with support in HF - never making decisions without someone else pursuing the same things. It's time for him to offer some thoughts on the game that don't consist of pointless questions or voting popular wagons or voting without any semblance of a scumhunting mindset. Also, consider how terrible his vote on me is - voting because he doesn't want to offer his own thoughts about the game before I answer more of his questions, as if somehow I'm scum because I want to know his thoughts on the game uninfluenced by my answers).
This is what I mean. Your explanations are really inconsistent. You naked vote Invisibility, refuse an explanation, and then provide this explanation and vote all in the same page.
Then, you ask someone who you supposedly scum read to vote with you for who you believe to also be scum. I'm just confused at your progression at this point.
I didn't "refuse an explanation." To the contrary, I explained my vote on Invisibility when questioned.

What's your confusion?
In post 493, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 450, Shoshin wrote:
In post 449, Invisibility wrote: i like this better
How do you square this with your scumread on JJD?
In post 462, Shoshin wrote:
In post 461, Mumble wrote:You are calling him scum while voting another slot.
Do you think there's only one scum in the game?
These thoughts oppose each other. Invisibility's scum read is bad because he has a different scum read, but it's okay for you to have multiple scum reads?
I never said "Invisibility's scum read is bad because he has a different scum read." My question had to do with Invisibility's earlier claim that "Shoshin vs JJD is not SvS," something that Texcat also picked up on.
In post 495, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 455, Shoshin wrote:I'm voting Mumble for a few reasons. First, Mumble says he never implied that Invisibility is town, even though he's been defending Invisibility (and thus implying Invisibility is town) on both D1 and D2 - and that's scummy because he's acting in a way that shows he's pre-inclined to read Invisibility as town while refusing to actually commit to a position. Second, Mumble's done very little other than vote townies (me, Garuga, and Rampage) when it was popular (read: opportunistic) to do so. And third, Mumble's unnaturally defensive in a way that betrays a scum perspective.

For those of you who aren't seeing what I'm talking about, here's a post-by-post breakdown:
I think you're trying to put a lot more implication in some of these posts than there is. A lot of that looks like standard questioning from Mumble. Once again I feel like you're doing some the things that you yourself claimed were scummy on D1.
Do you disagree with the points I'm making on Mumble? Where exactly do you see me putting more implication than there is? How am I doing the same things that I said were scummy on D1?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:09 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Joda, do you think Mumble is town or scum? Why?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:20 pm

Shoshin, did you miss my first post this day phase?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 506, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Shoshin, did you miss my first post this day phase?
I saw it. If you're looking for my response: I'm happy to have your support.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:28 pm

What do you think about lynching Invisibility? I think I actually prefer that lynch today
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:33 pm

Post by Shoshin »

It's a fine lynch but I'm sticking with Mumble for the moment. Why do you prefer Invisibility?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:36 pm

I really didn't like their end of Day play yesterday and their reads don't make sense to me.

The whole JJD vs Shoshin thing doesn't sit right either - it's like he has forgotten his previous reads/thoughts with the way he started this day phase.

I can give more detail when I'm on my laptop.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 10:05 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I keep coming back to this:
In post 311, Garuga wrote:
In post 309, Mumble wrote:
In post 308, Garuga wrote:He's not providing clear arguments for his reads. His "what?" trilogy (151 153 155) is probably the best example, along with the (19 23 28) trio early on.
So why naked vote him (essentially doing what you are scum reading him for) instead of asking him to clarify?

Because I see an alternative reason for your vote...
I was already voting him since 48. I don't think this sort of posting comes from town trying to solve the game. I think it's newbscum trying to discredit me since I voted havingfitz, and Invis's reaction is actually one of the main reasons I scumread HF.

The re-vote confirms my read on him and makes my post a bit more flavorful.
Garuga doesn't cast any suspicion towards Mumble.
In post 312, Mumble wrote:Um...I'm not new? The re-vote is ridiculous and confusing (especially since I'm having a time differentiating you and Gustavo).

However, you didn't answer my question about clarification, and instead try to throw shade on me for a really weak reason.

VOTE: Garuga
But Mumble feels attacked? And then votes Garuga? I'm having trouble picturing a townie interpret 311 as an attack.
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 pm

Post by bacy »

In post 487, Invisibility wrote:@BBT how do you feel about Shoshin trying to get me on the wagon?
this one pings me just a little bit, but you've had some hella weird questions and posts throughout this game so far. i have a hard time imagining where you're coming from with those
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 12:04 am

Post by bacy »

In post 494, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 453, bacy wrote:im kinda feeling shoshin as town tbh, will post more thoughts in the morning though :yawn:
I would like to hear this.
the fact the she didn't wanna explain her thoughts/reads as to not influence others, that was the big thing that struck me as towny. i don't think scum would have that kinda mindset. in fact generally i feel like they'd want exactly that. and it is important to mention that this is at start of the day
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 12:08 am

Post by bacy »

In post 497, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 471, Shoshin wrote:
In post 466, Invisibility wrote:your reasoning on the scumbuddy/knowing im town thing is bad. especially when you're telling me to join the wagon. also you're being contradictory by calling me scum and then telling me to join the wagon
What's bad about my reasoning? If you're town, don't you find it odd that Mumble keeps defending you while refusing to townread you? The point is that his behavior betrays an informed perspective about your alignment, regardless of whether you're town or scum.

There's nothing contradictory about asking you to join a wagon on Mumble - it's in the town's interest for people to vote scum, regardless of whether the voters are scum/town, plus it's an opportunity for you to show me how you think about the game. It's a reaction test with a pro-town objective. So far, you haven't given me any reason to townread you but I'm constantly reevaluating and if you're town I'd very much appreciate you making that as clear as possible to me.
Okay this is a good post and I like this explanation.
i like this. you mention things that bother you, you mention things that you like..all for the same person. gives me a feeling you're not forcing reads
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 2:58 am

Post by havingfitz »

UNVOTE:
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 3:07 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 433, Shoshin wrote:Garuga's death makes a lot of sense from a scum HF perspective (Garuga scumread him, after all).
Errrrr
In post 318, Garuga wrote:I think havingfitz is scum in association with Invis, I think
Sho is scum
due to her attacking TheRampage earlier on and I don't like her exchange back in 251,
In post 422, Garuga wrote:Just in case I get NKed: I'm particularly intrigued by the prospect of a
Shoshin
/JJD/Mumble scumteam.

Your crappy shade aside...Garuga made sense as the NK to anyone based on his claim. smh...

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 4:29 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 452, bacy wrote:why do you feel the need to justify your vote/unvote on garuga?
Because despite being one of the players who suspected him and ergo contributed to his (uneccessary) claim...I still think his claim was a stupid move.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 4:36 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 455, Shoshin wrote:First, Mumble says he never implied that Invisibility is town, even though he's been defending Invisibility (and thus implying Invisibility is town) on both D1 and D2
If I see a crap case against someone I will point it out. That should not be construed as implying that person because I "know" he is town...it should be contrused as pointing out crap points against a player.

I know you are talking about Mumble...not me. But your point was crap so I felt the need to point out why.

See how it works?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 4:39 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 518, havingfitz wrote:
In post 455, Shoshin wrote:First, Mumble says he never implied that Invisibility is town, even though he's been defending Invisibility (and thus implying Invisibility is town) on both D1 and D2
If I see a crap case against someone I will point it out. That should not be construed as implying that person because I "know" he is town...it should be contrused as pointing out crap points against a player.

I know you are talking about Mumble...not me. But your point was crap so I felt the need to point out why.

See how it works?
Actually...your post by post break down is well laid out and has some good points.

Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 6:28 am

Post by Havo »

I’ll get caught up and post here in a few.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 12:02 pm

Spoiler: Votes on Rampage
In post 12, texcat wrote:VOTE: TheRampage
In post 105, Jodaxq wrote:VOTE: TheRampage

I don't like how he's typed more words about Star Wars than the game, and I don't like how he's pushing for Shoshin
In post 170, bacy wrote:might aswell do this VOTE: Rampage
In post 270, JarJarDrinks wrote:gonna UNVOTE: Shoshin for now

Latest bunch of posts seem decent and she does scumread the same people as me at least. Plus she's super active which I generally don't like to lynch in games with a bunch of lurkers.

lets VOTE: TheRampage
some reasoning here:
In post 202, JarJarDrinks wrote:
TheRampage
- scum. his seems to shade shoshin a bit but is very reluctant to vote there. Also he hasn't talk about another player in the game (aside from his most recent terribad vote for joda)
Plus 2 of my townreads are on the wagon which is a good sign.
In post 317, Mumble wrote:I think my vote is better served here for the moment.

VOTE: TheRampage
In post 416, Shoshin wrote:VOTE: Rampage

Alright, so I have collected the votes that were placed on Rampage during D1. I will look into reasoning for each vote when I get the time but the first thing I notice already is that Tex and Jodax were sat on Rampage for a very long time - need to look into this further to see how much reasoning their was to back up these votes but that sets off a red flag for me straight away.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 447, Mumble wrote:
In post 445, Invisibility wrote:
you were literally voting me a few posts ago what
While pushing Fitz as scum.
I really dislike this, I push people all the time while voting someone else. And I hate when people tell me how to use my vote. Just because I'm voting someone doesn't even mean I think they're scum, it's usually to see their reaction to being voted. It helps me read them, and there's a lot of times I'll think someone else is scummier but I want to get the reaction from my vote before I move it.

And I'm not saying this is what Shoshin was doing, but I can see myself doing it pretty easy. I just don't like the push from Mumble.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 431, Invisibility wrote:VOTE: JJD
scummiest person right now for me
I don't like the way this feels, it may be a little nitpicky I admit, but it feels off to me.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 436, Shoshin wrote:Mumble, before I answer any more of your questions, why don't you tell us your thoughts on the game?
Good luck with that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”