Newbie 1868 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 2.05
Not_Mafia (2) -
ceejayvinoya, Marshmallow Marshall
Tarkus (1) -
ejjinami
Marshmallow Marshall (1) -
Crimson97
ceejayvinoya (1) -
bacy
Crimson97 (1) -
Not_Mafia

Not Voting (2) -
Tarkus, Rockeater

With 8 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2018-06-09 01:45:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 650, Micc wrote:
Not_Mafia (2) -
Outrageous

The worst votes cast since the 651,972 cast for Roy Moore
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 651, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 650, Micc wrote:
Not_Mafia (2) -
Outrageous

The worst votes cast since the 651,972 cast for Roy Moore
Then give your thoughts, for god's sake.
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Rockeater
Rockeater
Goon
Rockeater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by Rockeater »

One day time zones and work will kill me at one of those, and I will try to find an avatar.
In post 620, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 615, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 601, ceejayvinoya wrote:@rockeater did you seriously consider my ? What's your opinion on that? Did you seriously think it could be used against bacy?
@rockeater heeeeyyyyy
Oh god, I had literally forgot that guy's existence... Rockeater, mind to give us your reads? You're kinda AFK atm.
My main three suspects are You, ceejay, his actions do get me suspicious of him, You, ejjnami post didn't get me more suspicious but gave it better reason and N_M, but I suspect him because his really short posts look wired, if he gives an actual explanation once he would probably be less suspect
Rockeater
Rockeater
Goon
Rockeater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Rockeater »

And about post 626, as I said before, she was on the right on that case no matter if she was a scum or not, she could have been genuine even if she was a scum.
And she did vote you in the forth post in a row after two hours without your response, so your point there is p weak, but even if she did vote you in that post, she had enough reason to do so I don't see how you could have claimed she was mafia.
Rockeater
Rockeater
Goon
Rockeater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 12:28 am

Post by Rockeater »

In post 653, Rockeater wrote:One day time zones and work will kill me at one of those, and I will try to find an avatar.
In post 601, ceejayvinoya wrote:@rockeater did you seriously consider my ? What's your opinion on that? Did you seriously think it could be used against bacy?
@rockeater heeeeyyyyy
Oh god, I had literally forgot that guy's existence... Rockeater, mind to give us your reads? You're kinda AFK atm.
My main three suspects are You, ceejay, his actions do get me suspicious of him, You, ejjnami post didn't get me more suspicious but gave it better reason and N_M, but I suspect him because his really short posts look wired, if he gives an actual explanation once he would probably be less suspect
Well, I'm not sure both mafia are here but I am almost certain at least one is
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 1:37 am

Post by ejjinami »

First off
In post 632, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:4th here! @Not_Mafia, what's your plan. I mean, it gets annoying after some point. We're trying to find scums and you're just sitting there OMGUSing people.
[…]
Why are you posting filler posts? What about you start actually giving us something to work with instead of shitposting?
[…]
About N_M, I'm ready to push for a policy lynch because his play hurts town anyway. If he's scum he dies and it's great, if he's town he'll probably start posting good stuff. VOTE: Not_Mafia
In post 545, bacy wrote:im like idk the third person who has asked this but you're gonna have to explain this at some point ya know..you probably get a lot of free d1 lynch passes i get that must be nice and all but like cmon it does get to the point where it's just too much
In post 569, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 564, ceejayvinoya wrote:I'm okay with a lynch in {Crimson97, bacy} today.
i could potentially be fine with policy lynching this if it doesn't get any better
In post 583, ceejayvinoya wrote: {Crimson, bacy}
{ejji}
{Tarkus} - Null
{Not_Mafia, Rockeater}

VOTE: Not_Mafia
[…]
Calling all townies. Let's lynch this guy^

Are you really okay with letting him live past d2?
god... don’t make me overuse the VCA. Like, you’re really tempting me rn.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 1:51 am

Post by ejjinami »

…...and wow :I

VOTE: MM
The amount of “carefulness” and “defensive responses” in his last posts was just fricking amazing. I think I can wait with tark for a bit, like, I'm slacking with the read on him anyways
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:03 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 612, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 564, ceejayvinoya wrote:I'm okay with a lynch in {Crimson97, bacy} today.
In post 565, ceejayvinoya wrote:tho I don't get his defense of bacy, who was scumreading him day 1. Maybe Crimson really is town...
Why do you scumread bacy? I don't get it. I think she's the only player who really screams town to me. I think defending her is kinda NAI though (scum whiteknighting exists). But why do you have a scumread?
This feels either like shade or a meek interaction. -_- Or extreme carefulness, like in the other posts.
@rockeater heeeeyyyyy
And tbh same here.
The “You’re kinda AFK atm.” feels like an explanation for questioning rock, cuz “oh no! they could scumread me if my actions aren’t clear!!!” It makes me feel like he's anxious to do stuff cuz he is afraid of how will people react to it
In post 636, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 633, bacy wrote:
In post 629, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 622, bacy wrote:
In post 612, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Why do you scumread bacy? I don't get it. I think she's the only player who really screams town to me. I think defending her is kinda NAI though (scum whiteknighting exists). But why do you have a scumread?
that's only one of the posts but why do i keep getting a feeling you're buddying me, i dont like it :eek:

what's your read on ceejay?
Are you claiming scum, since I would be wrong by townreading you? :yawn:

His actions seem townish, but I get some... fake, forced vibe from it. Null-to-townish read.
how would i by saying you're buddying me even remotely be close to 'claiming scum' and saying you're wrong about townreading me? how did you even get to that, from where? i specifically said that this is only one of the posts that i got this feeling from, i chose it because it was the most recent post of yours at the time that gave me that feeling..
Then you're saying that if I say what I think, I buddy you? :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Ugh… this is defensive as hell. This whole conversation is defensive as hell.
@MM how do you feel about bacy’s “buddying” posts?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:07 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 637, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 634, bacy wrote:
In post 632, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:About N_M, I'm ready to push for a policy lynch because
his play hurts town anyway
. If he's scum he dies and it's great, if he's town he'll probably start posting good stuff. VOTE: Not_Mafia
i literally just said
that
, this is honestly just getting funny lol
LOL really... well lol I'm currently playing another FM game on another site, so I'm not paying super hard attention, sorry lol...
………..sorry for being a dick and all, but that really looks like he's terribly concerned about how people see him. :/
In post 647, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 645, bacy wrote: take a deep breath, get off computer/phone/idk, clear your head for 15 minutes then come back to this

..look at your reaction

it has to be at least one of you two if it's not a team
I don't see how I'm scummy on that... I mean, I am just exposing my thoughts. Apparently, exposing his thoughts is not a good thing on this forum. Very strange site meta.
………..And tbh, this feels like he’s afraid to talk back to “his confident townread”. -_-
Like, god…..
Seriously, there are limits to how much can one “care about one’s appearance”. This is just straight out scummy, he might generally "want to look good", but NOT to that extent. Just no.
Rockeater
Rockeater
Goon
Rockeater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:11 am

Post by Rockeater »

Tarkus didn't write anything in 5 days or so, doesn't he needs to be replaced.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:19 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 658, ejjinami wrote: @MM how do you feel about bacy’s “buddying” posts?
What what I thought MM was the one who was buddying
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:19 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

VOTE: MarshM
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:22 am

Post by ejjinami »

and btw, I did get the feeling you were buddying bacy. Or at least that your read on her is wrong.
In post 612, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Why do you scumread bacy? I don't get it. I think she's the only player who really screams town to me. I think defending her is kinda NAI though (scum whiteknighting exists). But why do you have a scumread?
Like, this might be personal, but I think I'm also doing all the shit that bacy is doing. Why are you more confident bacy would be unable to fake it than I?
Yeah, bacy is active and her responses have a "scumhunting" vibe to them, but reads based on that are often bullshit when it comes to players who generally post a lot. The fact you didn't really think of considering that makes the read kinda cheap imo.
Or you can call it buddying. Like, tbh there isn’t much of a difference imo.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:24 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 660, Rockeater wrote:Tarkus didn't write anything in 5 days or so, doesn't he needs to be replaced.
yeah
In post 661, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 658, ejjinami wrote: @MM how do you feel about bacy’s “buddying” posts?
What what I thought MM was the one who was buddying
yeah, that's what I meant :/ Kinda used the wrong word there
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:25 am

Post by ejjinami »

and tbh, don't vote anymore or NM might lol-hammer. that should be L-2 btw
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:26 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 617, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:To avoid useless long posts, I won't quote . But I'm having a hard time reading Crimson as town... How does all the stuff you just described make him town? I don't get it 0_0
If so, ask me questions. The read on Crimson is sth I think I can explain easily, so lol.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:48 am

Post by ejjinami »

And ffs, cee’s flip-flops aren’t scum indicative. Like, tbh I have no idea what to expect form scum!him, but I do know what to expect from town!him. And the flip-flops are one of those things I’m absolutely confident in.

Situation from the previous game: A cop was lynched and mafia killed a guy who softed VT. I was stupidly yelling at everyone that it means there IS a 2-nd PR and we can trust a 2-nd PR claim. Somehow, half of the people sheeped me. Cee was strongly opposed
In post 667, ceejayvinoya wrote: This kill most probably means were in setup 1C (no additional PR). I don't think scum would be dum enough to ignore the vanilla softclaim. (there were 3 posts like that, not gonna quote them all)
[…]
There's definitely scum in HWS/Red.
Not a long time later, after a Neapolitan claim from RedFlavor.
In post 767, ceejayvinoya wrote:
I'm not lynching the guy who claimed PR.
You can't make me.
[…]
(hard-defending the claim later)
Btw, I didn’t bold this, it was in bold originally.

Like, look at it and you’ll see what I mean about the flip-flops. Like, read the quotes a few times if it's not clear. Trust me, my scumread on cee in the previous game couldn’t have been any stronger than it was. I was absolutely convinced he was scum because “lol, he’s too stressed to scumread the PR claim after it appeared!!!”, but lol……. -_-

I might not know his scum meta, but you can believe me when I say flip-flopping with his reads is normal for him.
I’m in the middle of reading him rn and my read on him is definitely weaker than the one on MM.
And tbh I don’t really think the “reaction test” was scum motivated.
@rockeater heeeeyyyyy
In post 627, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 625, bacy wrote:
In post 616, ceejayvinoya wrote: Ahhh wtf you must now think I'm a special kind of idiot or something to think that up and go with it.

Whatever.
well yeah i think your special kind is scum, without that last part because cmon who do you think i am :P
*shrugs* let's let this go for a little bit.

What do you think of Not_Mafia?
Or at least those posts are good.

I really like the fact he continued “info-hunting” when people started yelling at him. It feels like he really wanted to get some info out of the reactions and just accepted the scumreads when they appeared.

Assuming the whole “bait” idea was a “run-away” reaction after realizing pushing on bacy is a bad idea, the “info hunt” he did later looks kinda impressive.
Honestly, if that was the thing, I would expect him to be more self-preservative, self-centered or sth like that. The “openness” is giving me town vibes.
Or at least, “it was all planned” vibes. That’s p much the same thing tbh.

I’m in the middle of writing a read on him and tbh as for now I don’t think I’m scumreading him enough to pair him with MM. Like, not with the MM&Inf interactions.

I’d lynch cee only after MM and tark tbh. Most prob before bacy and rock.

And I’m definitely not lynching NM anywhere soon, because there’s no freaking way I’ll jump on a wagon that looks like THAT.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 2:55 am

Post by ejjinami »

*anytime soon
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 3:47 am

Post by Micc »

Searching for a replacement for Tarkus.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 4:55 am

Post by ejjinami »

or wait. :/ I think I'm starting to see what bacy was saying about MM&cee's interactions…
I still think I'd like tark lynched first, but lol... :/
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:30 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Tbh I've been leaving Marsh alone because I thought he could be pr. I'd be perfectly fine with lynching him tho if he claims VT.
Rockeater
Rockeater
Goon
Rockeater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Rockeater »

Have to disagree with you ejjinami on your ceejay read, theres a diffrent between what he did in your game and this one, esspacily with bacy where he done the reatreat only after a complete backfire where all else fialed, his questions to me look more like attempt to makke what he done before like a test and his question to bacy looks more like an attempt to shift focus to Not_Mafia
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 7:53 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

:facepalm:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 658, ejjinami wrote:
In post 612, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 565, ceejayvinoya wrote:tho I don't get his defense of bacy, who was scumreading him day 1. Maybe Crimson really is town...
Why do you scumread bacy? I don't get it. I think she's the only player who really screams town to me. I think defending her is kinda NAI though (scum whiteknighting exists). But why do you have a scumread?
This feels either like shade or a meek interaction. -_- Or extreme carefulness, like in the other posts.
@rockeater heeeeyyyyy
And tbh same here.
The “You’re kinda AFK atm.” feels like an explanation for questioning rock, cuz “oh no! they could scumread me if my actions aren’t clear!!!” It makes me feel like he's anxious to do stuff cuz he is afraid of how will people react to it
In post 636, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 633, bacy wrote:
In post 629, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 622, bacy wrote:
that's only one of the posts but why do i keep getting a feeling you're buddying me, i dont like it :eek:

what's your read on ceejay?
Are you claiming scum, since I would be wrong by townreading you? :yawn:

His actions seem townish, but I get some... fake, forced vibe from it. Null-to-townish read.
how would i by saying you're buddying me even remotely be close to 'claiming scum' and saying you're wrong about townreading me? how did you even get to that, from where? i specifically said that this is only one of the posts that i got this feeling from, i chose it because it was the most recent post of yours at the time that gave me that feeling..
Then you're saying that if I say what I think, I buddy you? :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Ugh… this is defensive as hell. This whole conversation is defensive as hell.
@MM how do you feel about bacy’s “buddying” posts?
In other words: You can't reply to someone scumreading you, because then you're defensive. You can't explain why you are suspecting someone, because else you're careful. What the actual fuck.

Bacy suspects me for... townreading her? Weird. It could mean she's not town... I still have a townread on her, but it's much lower.
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”