Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Yuurei »

i have periodically read the thread and don't feel like i've much to say. i'm getting lazy to play the game i guess?

Vecna, i did a quick research and read the games that almost50 linked about Creature and i suppose we can trust other players judgment on him.

i don't know who's right about ArchAngel (Northsidegal or Creature) so i'm not so interested in lynching her today.

my opinion about lynching Theta still hasn't changed as well, and i'll mull over if TGP bravado to push radiant is genuine or he's doing it in purpose to sound townie

there's so many different players reading different players as different alignments for different reasons (that very very often aren't explained) that it feels a bit chaotic here, i guess it's to be expected from a 18-p game perhaps?

i don't feel like arguing to push my reads over anyone else reads so i'll stay in my corner for a while, if you want to engage with me though it's no problem

edit: can Aronis please for all that's holy stop cluttering the thread? it's too much spam and now we're in page 25 or something and he still isn't engaged in discussing anything. are you guys sure that he's town? for me it sounds like he wants to avoid saying anything game relevant in purpose.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 4:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 626, Yuurei wrote:i have periodically read the thread and don't feel like i've much to say. i'm getting lazy to play the game i guess?

Vecna, i did a quick research and read the games that almost50 linked about Creature and i suppose we can trust other players judgment on him.

i don't know who's right about ArchAngel (Northsidegal or Creature) so i'm not so interested in lynching her today.

my opinion about lynching Theta still hasn't changed as well, and i'll mull over if TGP bravado to push radiant is genuine or he's doing it in purpose to sound townie

there's so many different players reading different players as different alignments for different reasons (that very very often aren't explained) that it feels a bit chaotic here, i guess it's to be expected from a 18-p game perhaps?

i don't feel like arguing to push my reads over anyone else reads so i'll stay in my corner for a while, if you want to engage with me though it's no problem

edit: can Aronis please for all that's holy stop cluttering the thread? it's too much spam and now we're in page 25 or something and he still isn't engaged in discussing anything. are you guys sure that he's town? for me it sounds like he wants to avoid saying anything game relevant in purpose.
Yeah. He did the same thing in Mod is Mafia.
I completely and blatantly used it as scum.

It’s annoying as fuck but I think I can read scum!Aronis v town!Aronis.

I wish he’d be useful but he has a pagetop addiction worse than my posting addiction.

Going to work now later y’all.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Yuurei »

i guess my lynchpool is: {hewhoswims, theta, archwing, hebichan}

i feel better about Luna and later will explain why

oh, and it's important to say that although i didn't check Archwing yet, while collecting meta material in hewhoswims i saw he stating that he was busy with tests until June or something, then i'm willing to give him time to finish it and focus in the game more. i'll later check theta and archwing to see if they are genuinely busy or not as well but in theta case i don't like how she already came twice to the thread and didn't even comment about the game state, i would rather have some fence sitting as there is in hewhoswims posts than to have nothing as in Theta's posts.

edit: ok Math, if you say so i'll not read his spam as scum motivated, but i'm not town reading that
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Yuurei »

thinking well about it i'm more here: {theta, archwing}

hebichan at least seems to be engaged in the game and hewhoswims seems like will get engaged after the tests. i'll get a better read on them later. for now i want more to get rid of a slot that it's doing nothing, specially Theta that i've a scum read on
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Townie
Luna Nova
Townie
Townie

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 4:34 am

Post by Luna Nova »

I won't have time for this until tomorrow.

Ursula
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 4:41 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I'm around for a good while today, and less tomorrow until the evening. Right now ask me what you want ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blade, I wasn't trying to get you to push Luna; I was giving my own read on the situation. You were already pushing Luna and I was criticising that as a way of forming/stating my thoughts on the gamestate.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 4:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=73390&user_select%5B%5D=23451

@Yuurei — Pagetops are an Aronis staple. I would be worried if Aronis
wasn’t
spamming page tops.

@Swims *confused* So are you forming them or do you have them?

@Ursula — *frowns* I hope your other heads can at least catch up

I really gotta go.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 4:50 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 610, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 432, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 331, RadiantCowbells wrote:also cheeky isn't necessarily scum but she hasn't been towny so far.
You're the only person that I expect should know better than this tbh.
In post 480, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm pretty sure that the entire scumteam isn't lurking so at least one person is scum in the active players but none of the active players are obviously scum aorn and I'm scared to push on someone for reactions because it'll probably end in me having to deal with a whole lot shit that I don't deserve (see: last few pages) so my hands are kind of tied here.

Until someone does something that I think is worth immediately jumping on it's -equity for me to go around pushing people and risking my own lynch.
If I had to dayvig someone it'd be Archwing, in the active players it'd be like Yuurei but I'm not especially confident in any reads besides my townreads.
hence why I'm stalling until I have confident reads and voting people who have shit reads so that they fuck off.
VOTE: RadiantCowbells

Why this? Why beautiful? Why only comment on this? so many questions I'm afraid I won't get a really good answer to. Both of these posts state thoughts on the game... we have less active people such as me, yourself, Teta. We have people already pushing others, such as Luna and Mathblade sorta mutually, hebichan pushing me earlier, someone was pushing Arc. I'd like your opinion on the rest of the game if you claim to have read up most of the thread so far.

I think beautiful's posts here make sense, I'm not townreading Cheeky at this point (even if I were what's wrong with him saying this) and I think the fact that scumteam isn't lurking feels like a fair assessment.

pedit: Both, Blade? The read I have is that both you and hydra are slowly drifting towards the scumlean part of my readslist for reasons I stated and posts I quoted. But by discussing that read and those posts and reasons, I form them further...
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Creature »

In post 619, Vecna wrote:
In post 615, Creature wrote:
In post 614, Vecna wrote:The scumteam is AA9, TGP, NSG and Creature.
Go home you're drunk
How do you feel about NSG declaring you the AA9 expert?
Or TGP snapping at me for wanting to lynch AA9? While stating he hasnt read the preceding pages?
So we're the scumteam because we're all defending AA9?
Sigh
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:28 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

VOTE: TGP
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

if i am in the dead thread night 1 it would either be a lynch dayvig or vengeful kill

and yes my lurking is different this game
since i have actually been busy irl
and also d1 is usually pretty annoying for me
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 7:13 am

Post by hebichan »

I mean, yes. Those are the things that would put you in dead thread night one.

Can I ask where the AA9 push came from? It seems rather unnatural here.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Creature »

Oh no, hebichan is also defending AA9, hebichan must be scum too
Sigh
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 7:42 am

Post by hebichan »

TBH I found some of angels posts really bad early on, but at first it seemed like most people were fine with them.

Then all of a sudden, pages after her worst posts there's a sudden interest in lynching it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 7:46 am

Post by mastina »

Flavor
"I think we're thinking too much."

"Yeah this whole thinking thing is a bit of a distraction."

"Honestly, probably."

"Yeah we won't get the guilty by thinking things through. We'll get the guilty by doing what comes naturally."

"What comes naturally?"

"Calling people suspicious!"

"Speaking of which, can we agree that thinking is something the wolves want us to do, then?"

"Yes, which means...WOLF!"

"No, I'm a monkey, not a wolf."

"What, that makes no sense."

"You're trying to think! WOLF!"

"I'm beginning to lose my faith in humanity."

"Does that mean you're going to side with THE WOLVES?!?"

"No, but it means I'm rapidly becoming receptive to the mindset of lynching anyone who annoys me."

"Why is that always the idea we keep coming back to?"

"Let's face it, we're probably going to end up doing that anyway."

"I at least like to hold some semblance of faith we can do better."

"And my faith is about broken."

"Geez, all we're trying to do is weed out the wolves within us. Why is that so divisive?"

"I can't fathom a reason why."

"Nope, total mystery why trying to kill one another is bad for the community."

"You know what would restore our community? Getting rid of these wolves!"

"Yeah!"

"So let's get to lynching them already!"

And the cycle begins anew. New refreshments are brought in.

"Mmm, these taste delicious."

"Do wolves have good taste buds?"

"...I don't know, actually. Maybe?"

"Maybe sounds good enough. I FOUND A WOLF!"

"Oh? Try this food, see what you think."

"...Hmm, this really does taste delicious."

"See? WOLF!"

"Okay, guess I was wrong then. Still, I think this is indicative of being human if it is indicative of being human."

"That logic sounds flawless to me."

"WOLF!"

"What? No, you heard wrong you wolf. I said that logic seems flawless to me."

"Oh. Apologies."

"Something smells funny here all of a sudden."

"WOLF!"

"No, seriously. Try smelling the air right now."

"...What is that godawful stench?"

"WOLF!"

"No, I think someone farted."

"..."

Awkward silence.

"This is a sign from the stars above that the wolves are in the people acting irrationally!"

"Go home. You're drunk."

"Well, I am, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

"I think I want to vomit."

"Huh? But you're not the one who had too many drinks."

"You people are just that sickening."

"Or maybe you have a people allergy?"

"...You know what, sure, let's run with that."

"I think we've slacked off on hunting the wolves."

"Well, maybe, but got a solution?"

"Get less chaotic?"

"In this town?"

"...Fair point."

Votecount 1-6 (006) Simple
Theta Alpine - 3 (Yuurei, MathBlade, hebichan)

Luna Nova - 2 (Aronis, Theta Alpine)

HeWhoSwims - 2 (CheekyTeeky, Archwing)
TheGoldenParadox - 2 (Vecna, RadiantCowbells)
ArcAngel9 - 1 (Keychain)
Keychain - 1 (northsidegal)
MathBlade - 1 (Luna Nova)
northsidegal - 1 (ArcAngel9)
RadiantCowbells - 1 (TheGoldenParadox)

Not Voting - 4 (HeWhoSwims, Definition, Creature, Almost50)

Mod Notes
  • mastina, the moderator, is V/LA over weekends.
  • mastina will generate a more advanced votecount if she has the capacity to give it. No promises!
Last edited by mastina on Wed May 30, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 8:06 am

why aren't we lynching hebichan
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Vecna »

Because im quite sure Hebichan is town. Thats my reason for not wanting to lynch her.

Creature, if you are town, then why are you not concerned about NSG blindly sheeping you on AA9? Why arent you concerned about TGP attacking me over having a scumread on AA9?

Why do you seem so agitated over me scumreading you? If its for rediculous reasons, just brush them off, right?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Vecna »

Also since people really dont seem to understand my proces here - I dont have an actual read on AA9, im still just in the process of shaking the tree.

Im feeling very confident theres some scum posturing around the interactions of that slot though.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Vecna »

After some reflection my top scumreads right now are TGP and Creature.

Creature I think is upset because him and some of his buddies have been correctly called scum, but for the completely wrong reasoning. When he's engaging with me, he just appears interested in fighting my reasoning (because it is probably wrong). I do not get a sense that he's trying to read into me, just that he's trying to discredit what im saying. This type of tell is something that I find quite often to be very scum indicative, being annoyed to be caught for the wrong reasons, and it showing in the arguments.

TGP just does scummy stuff. Claiming to not read pages 21-24, but pretending to be very upset at me for wanting to lynch someone without stating reasons on p25. The thing Math found earlier about trying to sow confusion with the hydra thing could also fit into that picture I guess. The tone also feels off to me here. This game has been a treasure trove of information and reads so far, with very little actual reason for irritation as far as im concerned. Plenty of reads to be had for the people that are inclined to look for it. Yet most of the things the slot has done so far is complain about shitposting, refusing to read. Not completely AI, but something scum tends to do plenty often as well for a lack of having more usefull things to post. 3 strikes for suspicion is plenty reason for a lynch here in my book.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 9:48 am

why the fuck aren't we lynching hebichan
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Keychain »

Vecna, I find the first one kind of tenuous and think it relies too much on an unjustified assumption that multiple members of the scumteam are under pressure. Can you back it up with quotes to show what you mean?
In post 603, Vecna wrote:Keychain, how did you conclude that Cheeky is indeed engaged and scumhunting, and more importantly - it being genuine- as opposed to just being aware of her own meta and trying to fake it?
If everyone had to be 100% beyond their faking ability as scum before I can townread them, I'd never get anywhere. So I can't be certain that it's genuine, no.

But looking through her ISO, nearly every single one of her posts is digging into something, making stances, pursuing leads.
I have a terrible memory anyway, so meta reads from me are few and far between unless they're connected to me (eg. North's confidence in reading me)
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 9:52 am

Post by hebichan »

Why the sudden tone shift RC?

I asked an honest question, and instead of answering, you decide you want to lynch me.

I'm not against an AA9 wagon based on content, I'm asking where it came from.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 9:53 am

I never said I wanted to lynch you :P
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 9:56 am

Post by hebichan »

I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to respond to that. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”