ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:28 am

Post by ruru »

Like I think scum would be too self-aware to post something that resembles a tmi slip in that way
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:30 am

Post by pinturicchio »

What's tmi?
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Zoronos »

Ah, well.
Then I completely misunderstood your post.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:37 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 895, ruru wrote:
In post 892, Mathdino wrote:S_S sure is scummy here, but if i put myself in his shoes, his position on NSG actually seems reasonable
if i already know smart is town
This is the part I saw as lynchbaity
In post 900, ruru wrote:Like I think scum would be too self-aware to post something that resembles a tmi slip in that way
I noticed that post too, but I don't think that's an actual scum slip
In post 901, pinturicchio wrote:What's tmi?
too much information
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:39 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Thanks, I get what ruru is saying, but umm it's a stretch. I'm more concerned on Dino townreading NSG after saying in the thread that if he was scum with her, he would bus her to get towncred. Paranoia is driving me crazy about these two
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:43 am

Post by the worst »

That's a pintuREACHio read :lol:
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Mathdino »

If you're only scumreading one of us off the association, you're better off waiting for flips than tryna call a scumteam d1
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 903, BlackStar wrote:I noticed that post too, but I don't think that's an actual scum slip
What was the point of mentioning it then?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:51 am

Like, why was it necessary to point out that you noticed it if you then don't think it means anything?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:52 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 907, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 903, BlackStar wrote:I noticed that post too, but I don't think that's an actual scum slip
To let her know that I think she's reaching. What was the point of asking me that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 11:58 am

You could have just said "I don't think that's an actual scum slip".

The first part just feels weird. It feels like something you would say if you're trying to look like you're thinking critically-- like you're making sure not to miss out on getting credit for noticing something.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by BlackStar »

It seems like you're just desperate to find a reason to sum read me. I don't care about "getting credit". I just post whatever. You should focus your efforts on people who are actually scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 12:18 pm

Since you know so much, what's my read on you?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 797, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 795, the worst wrote:I'm around as well if anyone wants to play tic tac toe or smthn
Want to talk a bit about BlackStar? How do you feel regarding him at the moment?
In post 803, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 798, the worst wrote:
In post 797, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 795, the worst wrote:I'm around as well if anyone wants to play tic tac toe or smthn
Want to talk a bit about BlackStar? How do you feel regarding him at the moment?
I actually like him. I thought he was kinda floating by earlier in the phase but much more comfortable he's actually playing the game rn

Leaning town basically.

Where are u at with Bstar?
I really don't know, because he doesn't feel particularly real but I don't know if that's just how he plays.

It sounds like your read is based primarily on effort though which is worrying. Is there anything specific that you'd call "playing the game" that's more likely to come from town than from scum?
In post 908, Something_Smart wrote:Like, why was it necessary to point out that you noticed it if you then don't think it means anything?
In post 910, Something_Smart wrote:You could have just said "I don't think that's an actual scum slip".

The first part just feels weird. It feels like something you would say if you're trying to look like you're thinking critically-- like you're making sure not to miss out on getting credit for noticing something.
In post 912, Something_Smart wrote:Since you know so much, what's my read on you?
Based on all this it seems like you have a scum lean but you're being passive aggressive about it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 12:47 pm

I am being passive, there's nothing aggressive about it.

It's a weak scumlean, basically the same as it was before, so saying I'm "desperate to find a reason to scumread you" makes practically no sense. I too just post whatever, and I posted what came to mind when I read it... but you seemed eager to shut down any semblance of a push that I might have wanted to make.

And the line "you should focus your efforts on people who are actually scum" is silly. If I could focus my efforts solely on scum I wouldn't have to focus any efforts at all. Not to mention that I am most in my element when I am focusing my efforts on identifying town... once more it sounds like a cheap line to keep me off your back.

You'll notice that I'm using the words "seemed" and "sounds". I'm using this phrasing for a reason. This is how you're coming across, at least to me; it doesn't mean that's what you intended. If it's not... I want you to explain to me what you were actually doing and why you think I misinterpreted it. That's how TvT's get shut down.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 914, Something_Smart wrote:I am being passive, there's nothing aggressive about it.

It's a weak scumlean, basically the same as it was before, so saying I'm "desperate to find a reason to scumread you" makes practically no sense. I too just post whatever, and I posted what came to mind when I read it... but you seemed eager to shut down any semblance of a push that I might have wanted to make.

And the line "you should focus your efforts on people who are actually scum" is silly. If I could focus my efforts solely on scum I wouldn't have to focus any efforts at all. Not to mention that I am most in my element when I am focusing my efforts on identifying town... once more it sounds like a cheap line to keep me off your back.

You'll notice that I'm using the words "seemed" and "sounds". I'm using this phrasing for a reason. This is how you're coming across, at least to me; it doesn't mean that's what you intended. If it's not... I want you to explain to me what you were actually doing and why you think I misinterpreted it. That's how TvT's get shut down.
I was eager to shut down you push. I got kind of annoyed when you made these posts
In post 907, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 908, Something_Smart wrote:Like, why was it necessary to point out that you noticed it if you then don't think it means anything?
It felt obvious to me that you suspected me and felt like I had ulterior motives for my post and it was annoying that you didn't just say it outright. I remembered you dancing around the fact that you suspected me earlier, but I thought you did it more times than you actually had. So that combined with the fact that you're wrong made it feel like you were coming up with dumb reasons to suspect me. And I already explained what I was doing.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 906, Mathdino wrote:If you're only scumreading one of us off the association, you're better off waiting for flips than tryna call a scumteam d1
Yeah I agree with this, but since you're so good reading NSG (I'm not being sarcastic, I really think you are) and people believe this, NSG will never flip, neither you. That's why I'm paranoic, you are strong enough to protect NSG, NSG is strong enough to protect NSG, and you are strong enough to protect yourself until LyLo. The best way of lynching scum!Dino is BoP and you know it, that's why you would bus NSG; but that's when WIFOM comes: since you know that people know you would bus NSG, you have the liberty of not doing it. I have reasons to believe you're scum this game, but they're not strong enough to push you since you have the potential of solving the game better than me; so yes, I will wait a day or two (if I'm alive of course) to come back to this.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by ofrhz »

@ruru- newbie 1867 has finished if you want to talk about it
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 917, ofrhz wrote:@ruru- newbie 1867 has finished if you want to talk about it
Wow, that Nachomamma fella is good
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by ruru »

I think we'll win more games by mostly trusting Md's nsg read than being paranoid about it (also, she seems town anyway)

Even if he lies every time about her as scum, it's like having an 80% sane cop result or something

Which isn't to mention that lying every time is far from equilibrium and it's super risky for him because if nsg becomes obvious scum then he's getting lynched afterward too
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i know i'm not helping any case here but i played 2.5 days of a game once by straight up wholesale impersonating NSG's town meta so i'm wondering if i'd try to write some solid-ass townposts for her if we were scum together :lol:

okay so we gotta lynch someone and everyone thinks they themselves are a suboptimal lynch

i put out the call for reasons to townread ofrhz
i am disappointed with the lack of response

why should i townread ofrhz
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by ruru »

Also this isn't even considering the scum.Md+town.nsg case where if he lies he gets omgused for the rest of the game which can't be good for scum
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 873, HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 871, ofrhz wrote:His vote on my wagon was bad

He admitted his reasons for scumreading me were weak, yet tried to throw shade on ruru for having those same reasons
Why's mine worse than any other?

I wasn't throwing reads at ruru. I was questioning because I genuinely thought ruru could have more of a read on you as it seems you have experience.
I think a part of the reason why ruru and NSG may have been scumreading me is because they’ve played with me in other games where I was town and I was a lot more active in those games. And I also recently had a couple of scumgames where, mainly because of being on vacation, I didn’t post as much. In the beginning of this game, my activity was pretty low, so I can see how they made the leap from low activity to a scumread on me.

I feel like math was just sheeping someone when he voted for me and he’s done this before too

BlackStar im not sure about because I was scumleaning him but I can see aspects of his tunnel that come from town. And I think his recent exchange with SS was towny

Between you and the worst, I’d rather wagon you tbh. I also don’t think tw’s vote on me stood out, like it never pinged me as coming from scum (I voted for him a few pages back for some other reason)

Pedit: @pintu lol yeah nacho read me like an open book
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 919, ruru wrote:I think we'll win more games by mostly trusting Md's nsg read than being paranoid about it (also, she seems town anyway)

Even if he lies every time about her as scum, it's like having an 80% sane cop result or something

Which isn't to mention that lying every time is far from equilibrium and it's super risky for him because if nsg becomes obvious scum then he's getting lynched afterward too
Yeah but the chances of both being scum is not so high so maybe he will have that chance like only once or twice, so I would expect him trying to pull that play. But yes ruru you're absolutely right, 9 out of 10 games is better trusting Dino on town!NSG 'cause only by chances, {town!Dino, town!NSG} + {scum!Dino, town!NSG} > {scum!Dino, scum!NSG}, so yes, NSG is probably town in this game, and not only because of Dino's read on her, I liked her early posts too, and after reading a her ISO in Newbie 1867, I think I have a better metaread on her
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 873, HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 871, ofrhz wrote:His vote on my wagon was bad

He admitted his reasons for scumreading me were weak, yet tried to throw shade on ruru for having those same reasons
Why's mine worse than any other?

I wasn't throwing reads at ruru. I was questioning because I genuinely thought ruru could have more of a read on you as it seems you have experience.
You say ruru’s reasons for scumreading me were weak, weak enough for you to subtly suggest a ruru/ofrhz scumteam, but your reasons for voting for me were literally for the same thing

It doesn’t sound like you actually believe in your reasons for scumreading me

Return to “Completed Open Games”