Fallout Mafia - Commonwealth Edition (Day 8)

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4150 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

No it's not. Maria/dave/jungle good lynches. Look where the lynch you all wanted yesterday got us
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4151 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 4148, Impossibear wrote:I don't believe Jungle is scum.

UNVOTE:

Sorry Jingle, we're not doing that today.
Can we bring Jingle back?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4152 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Ankamius »

UNVOTE: Ramciusvote

I think I'm just going to make Kaede a doublevoter for a good chunk of the day. I'm too far out of my element to be very useful otherwise atm
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4153 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

You certainly are.
You didnt even notice im voting Ram.
Back to my old main for now

/quit indefinitely
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4154 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Oh, I went by vote counts, my bad.

VOTE: Ramcius
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4155 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3757, Ramcius wrote:VOTE: ProjectMatt

with Wraith flipping green, his Wraith defense at the end of the day looks like TMI and attempt to get town cred, he didn't tried save him, he just didn't wanted to be on ML wagon
this reasoning is super flimsy, considering the fact that i outed a townread on wraith before the wagon started or gained traction. are you implying that me not changing one of my townreads when they're getting wagoned is somehow a bad thing?

on that note, the above quote is one of my biggest problems with ramcius's play. his reads feel insincere and as if they lack an actual thought pattern behind them. i can't help but read his posts like they have an agenda or an ulterior motive. for example, let's examine his read on dave throughout the game.
In post 920, Ramcius wrote:
In post 916, Ankamius wrote:I think a few of Vent's posts after this whole tunnel started were icky, but that's... pretty much it.

I'm against the tunnel because I think it's going to be a net negative for the rest of the game. Scumflips by themselves are useless and could even benefit scum in the worst scenarios.
I don't like this post, it feels like Ank is trying save Vent and preparing for worst case scenario by doing some damage control after Vent will flip red
this is from d1 when the wagon on vent was gaining traction. it's weird that ramcius made a post heavily implying that ankamius and ventriloquist were mafia together when at the time, he was voting wilky. in fact, he kept his vote on wilky for the rest of the day in spite of the fact that he scumread vent.

why didn't he want to join a wagon on his scumread that was actively gaining traction?

and then of course, at the start of d2, ramcius does this:
In post 1049, Ramcius wrote:VOTE: Ank

i dislike Ank's answrs at end of the day, i disliked that hammer and now i have no idea why she wants lynch lurker
it seems clear through this little interaction that ramcius was attempting to set up vent/ank as mafia together, but refused to join in the wagon on vent or add pressure to him. pairing that with the fact that he instantly voted ank as soon as the second day started, it certainly looks like ramcius was setting up for the vent scumflip at the end of d1.

interestingly, shortly after day 2 started, ramcius outed this reads list:
In post 1451, Ramcius wrote:i'll do better, i'll give you my rough idea on who's scum:

Tchill/Wilky (one of them very likely is scum)
Ank (i really disliked reactions and that shade throw without giving any names looked really bad)
last one probably in lurkers: Maria/Dunn/Wraith/hebi/Kokichi (dave and alchemist i trust you guys for now on meta reads, Nero's aggressiveness felt more like town, as scum his more troll)
you can see here that his reasoning for ank being scum doesn't mention the interaction with vent at all, which further makes me believe that he outed a fake partner-interaction read to push on somebody, as opposed to it being a real thought process.

few more things about ram:
In post 1087, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1086, Ankamius wrote:Nah, I'll reveal it when I care enough to. Not before then.
ran out of "how to scum 101" tricks?

>"it was just a reaction test and you failed it"
>"you can never lynch me"
>"i know your team"
this aggressiveness and arrogance reads to me like caught-scum, and not someone sincerely interested in solving the game.
In post 2141, Ramcius wrote:
In post 2128, OnTheMark wrote:
Then in that case why are you saying “have fun with that I guess”

Wouldn’t you work with your townread? Who do you town and scumread?
I work with everyone, not with just townreads. In your case, i just don't see how i could help you without losing my patience and telling everything :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure Tchill/Wilky have 1 scum in, Ank is another of my scumread, cause i didn't like their reactions and they aren't doing much to solve game, last one prob in lurkers - Maria/Wraith/Dunn/Kokichi

as for town - Ouroboros, Impo, Jungle, Project, Dave, alchemist (this one just rust on other people's read on him) and your slot now, you got promoted from scum/lurker pile to town pile
the read-list here is notable because ramcius went from putting me in his town list to addressing me like he knows for sure that i'm mafia within a very short amount of time. i believe he was piggybacking off of the town's general read on me and then ditched it when it became convenient to push on me/i started becoming a potential lynch.
In post 2663, Ramcius wrote:VOTE: Wraith

I just don't see Dave being scum and rb on him is very weak argument, we aren't in such dire state to go after him and we can lynch someone we scumread instaed
shortly after, ramcius joins the wraith wagon when it starts gaining traction, even though wraith wasn't in his top scum-reads and was listed among a potential mafia along the lurkers.
In post 3869, Ramcius wrote:
In post 3864, Kokichi Oma wrote:Did I mention how bad that Wraith wagon was. Literally nothing was resolved and we have the same questions as yesterday. 100% scum was on that wagon as well.
or all scum were off wagon, because they knew Wraith gonna flip green
this post definitely has an agenda to it.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4156 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 4149, Impossibear wrote:I'm good with projectmatt though. That's a good lynch.

VOTE: pmatt

ETL
where did this read come from? i don't think you've explained it.
In post 4145, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Projectmatt
Let's get this moving
same question to you.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4157 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by projectmatt »

ankamius is town. their attempts to solve the game feel sincere and i can see an active thought process behind their votes/questioning that resonates with me.

onthemark is town. i think a lot of their posts have an arrogance and a complex about feeling like the hero of the game that i would find very hard to fake as scum.

kaede is conf town.

maria is possibly mafia. i'm really skeptical about their choice to investigate me, and they've been using the "i have information that will all make sense eventually" card for a majority of the game. i don't really see towntells from them, and the reads they have outed appear sporadic and like they aren't trying to game-solve. it feels like coasting.

ramcius is scum for reasons noted above.

punreader is probably town because of their claim and their attempts to game-solve are insightful/genuine.

dunnstral might be mafia. i explained my scumread on him in #3091. to summarize, he had interaction with ourborous that strongly struck me as scum-dodging a good question, and his reads throughout the game have been inconsistent, as well as being protective of vent on d1. i don't know if it's because we play differently, but the lack of clarification on any reads strikes me as lazy and scum-motivated.

kokichi is probably town. i think ramcius's interactions with kokichi isn't scum v scum. i also thought verylazy towntold a lot on d1.

impossibear is probably town, but if im being honest, i have a tendency to skim past a lot of their posts. i should do as deeper reading of them.

wilky is null-leaning town. i've iso'd them multiple times and i've never seen their posts as being scum-motivated, and i've also failed to see an actual case for them being mafia.

alchemist is null-leaning scum. i originally townread them for their approach to scumhunting/well-thought out reads, but i feel like their play has considerably slipped within the past day or so, and it feels like alchemist is very much coasting off of other peoples reads/scumhunting at the moment. maybe he'll come back and redeem himself.

realmen is null. i thought they were mafia who was lying about messing up the quest, and i still think that's a distinct possibility, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to lynch them today since they can hand out more quests and confirm people as town. i suspect that this slot will solve itself over time.

daveas is null-leaning town. i don't think they've particularly towntold a lot, but the aggressive pushing on them paired with any lack of case really makes me feel like their lynched was an attempt by scum to divert from lynching the actual mafia.

to summarize:

town: ankamius, onthemark, kaede, punreader, kokichi, impossibear.

null-leaning town: wilky, dave.

null: realmen.

null-leaning scum: alchemist.

scum: ramcius, maria, dunn.

there is a distinct possibility that one of my townreads is wrong. i'm not sure.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4158 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by projectmatt »

UNVOTE

VOTE: Ramcius
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4159 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

The resistance to this wagon is telling
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4160 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by projectmatt »

lame.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4161 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You can easily say that about the Ramcius wagon
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4162 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Ankamius »

And the davesaz wagon
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4163 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Ankamius »

And the REALMEN wagon
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4164 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by projectmatt »

he's re-quoting what i said yesterday about the wagon on him.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4165 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 4155, projectmatt wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 3757, Ramcius wrote:VOTE: ProjectMatt

with Wraith flipping green, his Wraith defense at the end of the day looks like TMI and attempt to get town cred, he didn't tried save him, he just didn't wanted to be on ML wagon
this reasoning is super flimsy, considering the fact that i outed a townread on wraith before the wagon started or gained traction. are you implying that me not changing one of my townreads when they're getting wagoned is somehow a bad thing?

on that note, the above quote is one of my biggest problems with ramcius's play. his reads feel insincere and as if they lack an actual thought pattern behind them. i can't help but read his posts like they have an agenda or an ulterior motive. for example, let's examine his read on dave throughout the game.
In post 920, Ramcius wrote:
In post 916, Ankamius wrote:I think a few of Vent's posts after this whole tunnel started were icky, but that's... pretty much it.

I'm against the tunnel because I think it's going to be a net negative for the rest of the game. Scumflips by themselves are useless and could even benefit scum in the worst scenarios.
I don't like this post, it feels like Ank is trying save Vent and preparing for worst case scenario by doing some damage control after Vent will flip red
this is from d1 when the wagon on vent was gaining traction. it's weird that ramcius made a post heavily implying that ankamius and ventriloquist were mafia together when at the time, he was voting wilky. in fact, he kept his vote on wilky for the rest of the day in spite of the fact that he scumread vent.

why didn't he want to join a wagon on his scumread that was actively gaining traction?

and then of course, at the start of d2, ramcius does this:
In post 1049, Ramcius wrote:VOTE: Ank

i dislike Ank's answrs at end of the day, i disliked that hammer and now i have no idea why she wants lynch lurker
it seems clear through this little interaction that ramcius was attempting to set up vent/ank as mafia together, but refused to join in the wagon on vent or add pressure to him. pairing that with the fact that he instantly voted ank as soon as the second day started, it certainly looks like ramcius was setting up for the vent scumflip at the end of d1.

interestingly, shortly after day 2 started, ramcius outed this reads list:
In post 1451, Ramcius wrote:i'll do better, i'll give you my rough idea on who's scum:

Tchill/Wilky (one of them very likely is scum)
Ank (i really disliked reactions and that shade throw without giving any names looked really bad)
last one probably in lurkers: Maria/Dunn/Wraith/hebi/Kokichi (dave and alchemist i trust you guys for now on meta reads, Nero's aggressiveness felt more like town, as scum his more troll)
you can see here that his reasoning for ank being scum doesn't mention the interaction with vent at all, which further makes me believe that he outed a fake partner-interaction read to push on somebody, as opposed to it being a real thought process.

few more things about ram:
In post 1087, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1086, Ankamius wrote:Nah, I'll reveal it when I care enough to. Not before then.
ran out of "how to scum 101" tricks?

>"it was just a reaction test and you failed it"
>"you can never lynch me"
>"i know your team"
this aggressiveness and arrogance reads to me like caught-scum, and not someone sincerely interested in solving the game.
In post 2141, Ramcius wrote:
In post 2128, OnTheMark wrote:
Then in that case why are you saying “have fun with that I guess”

Wouldn’t you work with your townread? Who do you town and scumread?
I work with everyone, not with just townreads. In your case, i just don't see how i could help you without losing my patience and telling everything :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure Tchill/Wilky have 1 scum in, Ank is another of my scumread, cause i didn't like their reactions and they aren't doing much to solve game, last one prob in lurkers - Maria/Wraith/Dunn/Kokichi

as for town - Ouroboros, Impo, Jungle, Project, Dave, alchemist (this one just rust on other people's read on him) and your slot now, you got promoted from scum/lurker pile to town pile
the read-list here is notable because ramcius went from putting me in his town list to addressing me like he knows for sure that i'm mafia within a very short amount of time. i believe he was piggybacking off of the town's general read on me and then ditched it when it became convenient to push on me/i started becoming a potential lynch.
In post 2663, Ramcius wrote:VOTE: Wraith

I just don't see Dave being scum and rb on him is very weak argument, we aren't in such dire state to go after him and we can lynch someone we scumread instaed
shortly after, ramcius joins the wraith wagon when it starts gaining traction, even though wraith wasn't in his top scum-reads and was listed among a potential mafia along the lurkers.
In post 3869, Ramcius wrote:
In post 3864, Kokichi Oma wrote:Did I mention how bad that Wraith wagon was. Literally nothing was resolved and we have the same questions as yesterday. 100% scum was on that wagon as well.
or all scum were off wagon, because they knew Wraith gonna flip green
this post definitely has an agenda to it.
let's see what we have here:

and you let lynch your "townread" Wraith without putting any real defense or at least saying why he's town? 10/10 "town" play

Did i was needed on Vent wagon? No. Did he get lynched? Yes. So me not being on Vent wagon didn't changed nothing for town. As for why i wasn't on that wagon? I didn't wanted follow RC again and didn't wanted end day so early, Vent was conf scum in my book, so i saw no point in early wagon on him

Sorry that i didn't used something that was considered NAI by people to scumread Ank

Yes, i'm scum for my aggressive playstyle, good job, especially, when you quote my post, where i push my scumread, which i was voting at a time

are you really saying that i shouldn't change early D1 read on your slot after you were acting so scummy?

again, you nitpicking, i explained my reasoning before, i will explain again - if i have lynch my null read to save my townreads, i do it, people weren't interested in lynching my scumreads, so i had to settle down for my nullread

want to share this "agenda" or you gonna keep it for yourself?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4166 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by Ramcius »

also, Matt, care to explain to everyone why would i push Wraith ML to save Dave? Cause apparently you don't think i was saving my scumbuddy from lynch
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4167 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Punreader »

First off:
In post 1037, GuyInFreezer wrote:
Abilities:
  • Bodyswap:
    At any point of the game, you may switch your role with your factional members by PMing the mod.
MOD: Say Player A started the game as the Factional Ability Swapper.
Say Player B started the game aligned with Player A and held the role of Hider.

Say Player A used the Factional Ability Swapper with Player B in the middle of D1.

If Player A was lynched on D1, what would they flip?
If Player B was lynched on D1, what would they flip?

I feel this is an important question which was neglected.

With that inquiry made,
In post 4134, Punreader wrote:
HAS COMMON INTERESTS:

Kaede Akamatsu
Wilky
Dunnstral
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Impossibear (EspeciallyTheLies + Jingle) (CAVEAT: Requires no serial killers as possible this game, which I believe from the wincon is the case)

HIGHLY LIKELY TOWN:

Ankamius
Alchemist21
hebichan/OnTheMark
verylazy/Kokichi Oma (CAVEAT: requires MariaR flipping pun)

LEFTOVERS:

Ramcius
davesaz

STRONG PUNREADS:

MariaR
Nero Cain/projectmatt

All of these are in my mind fairly self-explanatory, but I may need to unpack my process here a little so that everyone has a better understanding of these.
I decided to unpack my process here after all. From the top down:

Kaede Akamatsu:
Even if Kaede hadn't popped the IC, I'd have Kaede in my townbloc because this is solidly Kaede's towngame; Akam see it clear as day. The IC was frankly an unnecessary redundancy. But with it, at least this read requires no further explanation.

wilky:
While many suspect wilky, few fingering wilky can give any real reasons as to why. The few who have presented their evidence have a process I find absolutely loony. I keep on seeing the suspicion thrown and the cases there and none of it matches what I have witnessed; there is a disconnect between the suspicion on the slot and what the slot has actually given.

Because my own read on wilky's contribution is that wilky's content has been insanely town-motivated. His reads may be less than optimal and his style of posting may be such that players have an innate bias to punreading him, but when you look past the surface level and actually dig into the process he has outlined, the truth shines through. Sure, he may not have the best of reads, but bad reads doesn't make a player of his caliber pun. If you take the time to look at
how
he got those reads, the process is one which is
incredibly
hard to fake, especially for a player who is both relatively new and reasonably unskilled.

Dunnstral:
If you have the extensive game history with him that I do, you can instantly tell this is solidly his towngame. Additionally, he is soft-cleared by MariaR. Regardless of MariaR's alignment, this result is something we can trust; if MariaR is town, the result is accurate and if MariaR is pun, the result is likely still not on a punbuddy, making him town no matter what.

One of these two metrics in of itself may not be enough to townbin him. If it were just a townread off of meta, the townread could be wrong; if it were just the result from Maria, it would be possible she was attempting to falsely clear her punbuddy (though I personally think that manifested in a different manner as I have indicated previously). However, both in tandem is enough to hard-lock him as town; this is a Dunn deal.

REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE:
I explained this before, but perhaps I can simplify; calling Jungle pun is a violation of occam's razor when you take motivations into mind.
To start, let's establish a baseline.
  • The motivation of a town player is to further the gamestate such that town can identify who is town/pun and coordinate to lynch and shut down pun.
  • The motivation of a pun player is to further the gamestate such that pun are positioned to control the town. In a typical pun player, this can be subdivided into three motivations in this approximate strength:
    1. Survive as pun
    2. Protect punbuddies
    3. Control the town
    4. Shut the town down
    (That is not the strength they should be in, but it is the strength pun players play them in.)
Then, with these motivations in mind, examine REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE's actions.
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE claimed a role which, if specific conditions were fulfilled, would reveal the alignment of a player.
As town, the motivation of this is self-evident; further the gamestate to identify who is town/pun.
As pun, this requires it to be a move for towncred, as a subset of survivalism.

REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE then failed to deliver on this promise.
As town, the motivation of this is self-evident; it was a human error.
As pun, this move would require REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE deliberately putting himself in harm's way (violating survivalism), remove his influence from the town (violating controlling the town), for the sake of not giving away a piece of information not likely to directly harm him (not contributing to protecting a punbuddy), which doesn't shut the town down as much as it denies them a service he had the ability to deny them simply by never using it/never claiming it.

If he were pun who intended to not give the service to the town, why not just neglect to claim it or even never use it?
By claiming it and failing to use it properly, he is placing himself in harm's way for no visible benefit.

This is furthered by his usage on Ouroboros.
If REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE is town, the motivation for targeting Ouroboros is self-evident. Ouroboros is the same type of player as Impossibear; a competent hydra in a strong position to gamesolve, and REALMEN had no way of knowing Ouroboros would be the nightkill.

If REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE is pun, the motivation for targeting Ouroboros requires giving up on surviving (as targeting the nightkill will garner further suspicion beyond the already-existing suspicion to come for the failure on Impossibear, setting himself up for the lynch), controlling the town, and protecting punbuddies for the sake of denying the town a service.

Yes, it is possible for REALMEN to be pun, but it requires navigating a labyrinth of justifications.

The simpler answer is he's town.

Impossibear:
I believe they hold a killing power and used it N1 on ManWithNoName. I believe they genuinely think (or thought at the very least) they were the N1 nightkill, saved by their bulletproof. Combining these two is the main source of the townread, but I can also cite strong potential for them gamesolving. However, upon unpacking my thoughts, I want to have them trade places with OnTheMark on my readslist. On the OTM side, you'll see why when I get there, but here for Impossibear, the reason for the degenerated read is that there are some potential red flags to them attempting to lead us astray. I still maintain they are more likely town than not, but it's not impossibear for them to be pun.

Ankamius:
This is a read based largely on me liking her thought process. The things she is doing look town. However, some element is absent which prevents me from locking her in as town. (What that element is, I do not know.) Additionally, separately from that, we're not synchronizing as well as I'd expect; I would anticipate her being my mius. This gives further hesitance, similar to my Impossibear feelings. All that said, she's still my strongest read I don't have as locktown.

Alchemist21:
My initial townread came from Ankamius's description of his play, which was one of the things I felt was dead on the mark in her analysis. Since then, I've had further exposure in the form of the first 20 pages of the game plus reading his content since I have replaced in; everything I've witnessed backs that initial assessment, with the tinders of a townread strongly present. Conclusion, strongly likely to be town, but not locktown.

OnTheMark:
I had OnTheMark as a hard townread because of a combination of his role (and play surrounding it) and general feeling around him indicating him to be town. I was kept from locktowning OnTheMark because my reasons were role and general feeling; there was no tangible reason I could point to, which was troubling enough that I wasn't willing to make that call at the time. I lacked hard evidence to prove it.

However, the process of unpacking my thoughts revealed one to me which I can lock onto. OnTheMark can now be locktowned because of OnTheMark's modus operandi as pun. If you assume wilky is town, then his failed action is hard, absolute proof of OnTheMark's innocence. This may seem counterintuitive; why does wilky as town with a failed action prove rather than condemn OnTheMark?

Because we are assuming that if wilky is town, his failure comes from pun. And if the source of his failure comes from pun, then OnTheMark would never abide by it in the first place. OnTheMark would never, EVER accept forcing a deliberate 1v1 with a player. He prefers subtle sabotage, not flagrantly blatant sabotage. If he sabotages a town action, he attempts to leave no trace of it, and being a claimed blocker with wilky's action failing is in no way, shape, or form subtle.

If OnTheMark were pun, he'd know wilky's failed action would create the 1v1. Yes, he may get wilky lynched by entering into that 1v1. Yet after having done so, he automatically earns himself a vig, and if he miraculously dodges the bullet, a lynch. That, not taking into account the possibility he
loses
the 1v1, getting lynched today, thus creating a player that otherwise would be a mislynch who is instead not only conftown but an investigative to boot.

As a result, OnTHeMark would adamantly, vehemently oppose any plan which would create the 1v1. I can cite past games if need be, but he himself any many others should be able to vouch for this description as accurate; avoiding giving the town confscum/conftown in the form of him/wilky.

Since wilky's action did fail, and I do think wilky to be town, you can thus conclude OnTheMark is by proxy also town, and as a result earns Impossibear's spot in my locktown.

Kokichi Oma:
Instead of describing what I like first, I'll start by raising why I hesitate to call him town. I was incredibly suspicious of his predecessor, and he is a skilled enough pun player to fool even those that claim they can read him, causing them to falsely clear him as town. In spite of those factors, I actually
do
hold some faith in Kaede's townread there. Additionally, I don't believe Kokichi-Maria is pun theater.

What I DO believe is that Kokichi Oma can genuinely read MariaR. I also don't believe he is lying about the read as town. Furthermore, I feel he wouldn't falsely punread her if he were pun. If he were pun, I strongly believe his strategy would be to hard-defend her, to white knight her if need be, and he is not doing that here, which is promising.

Ramicus:
I've basically explained this read already, but in short, while I haven't liked much of his content, I do like some of his more recent contributions and I feel like his interactions are not viable as pun bussing. That head-to-head is simply suicidal and I don't buy it.

davesaz:
When I started reading, I had foreknowledge that davesaz's miller claim was apparently retracted/changed into 'some negative utility' at a later point. This would explain his rather dodgy early actions and play, so I was willing to write it off as null. I would say that I would normally be heavily inclined to punread him otherwise. There is literally nothing town about him, but if I'm honest, the most daving thing is simply POE;
someone
has to be the fourth and I think he's the best candidate. Also, there is the chance he was in fact blocked N1.

MariaR:
My punread here is four-fold: Dodgy, sketchy play; setup speculation plus night action results; personal experience with her meta; trusting in Kokichi Oma's personal meta experience. Each of these, I can explain in detail.

MariaR is basically actively lurking through this game; she is frequently and consistently failing to provide pertinent game content and I can cite many instances including prod dodges which are absent in other games she is a player in. There's a bunch of posts I can quote but this is perhaps best done in a followthrough post as compiling the entire list here would make this post 20 times longer.

Setup speculation indicates we should have a pun in the investigative claims. We have MariaR's, we have the proven track from Ouroboros, we have wilky's delayed cop, we have Kaede's IC as conftown, we have Jungle's claimed ability to make another player's alignment revealed (even if he messed up on making it work), and in that pool you can reasonably expect there to be a pun.

It wasn't Ouroboros.
It's not Kaede.
I have townreads on wilky and Jungle.
Ergo, MariaR's role is likely a truthful investigative, just belonging to pun.

This is magnified by the outcome of events. Ouroboros just so happened to recruit MariaR at apparently the earliest opportunity. And then Ouroboros just so happened to die almost immediately after that. I feel the two events are in fact linked together. Yes, Ouroboros had other reasons to die, but I think that role contributed to it because pun knew what their role was.

My own experience with MariaR indicates this is far more likely to be her pungame than her towngame.

And then when you throw in that Kokichi Oma is perhaps the player on site I would most trust to be able to read her and he says she's pun, then I really think we should Maki this wagon happen sooner rather than later.

projectmatt:
I've been a close associate of Nero Cain's since before most of the players in this game even joined mafiascum. Over the years, I have gotten to know his play intimately. He can be aptly described as a ruder, more competent, more arrogant version of Creature.

By which, I mean, regardless of his alignment, he's going to be an ass, who presents a holier-than-thou attitude. Regardless of his alignment, his charisma is dismal. However, at his base, the same core tell always works on him regardless; when he is town, he is incredibly active to the point of being almost a spam poster, providing reads which are strong, confident, and accurate. He is in your face and always has something to say with what he says being game content rather than fluff.

When he is pun, he is a lurker. Mostly just lurking, since he does produce actual content when around (just at a far more infrequent rate), but he does a fair share of active lurking as well. I Cain tell you, having known him for the years that I have, this is squarely in the latter category. He was doing almost nothing the entire time he was around. If he were town, he'd have been all over Ventriloquist as well. His list of sins is great, and I'm not sure I can even properly describe all of them because as such a long-time associate these are things I just know rather than needing to explain to others.

I haven't gotten the chance to really read projectmatt content since then, but I wouldn't need to in order to conclude pun.

That having been said, the little content I have seen indicates pun as well. For instance, the Wraith defense at day end
did
seem like TMI, knowing he was going to flip town and hoping to earn town credit from not being on the lynch wagon.
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4168 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by Punreader »

Since this wagon is larger:
VOTE: projectmatt.
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:25 am

Post by Ankamius »

Pun, that question was asked in some form already. The role they would flip is the one they had at the time of their death.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4170 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:17 am

Post by OnTheMark »

Too many words :/
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:18 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

@Impossibear,
did Jingle ever give input on the Party Starter?

Everyone else is saying OTM is just stubborn Town but I still have a hard time seeing it.

P-edit: Now that I can agree with. :/
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4172 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:23 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

UNVOTE:
Read through all of punreader's reads.
Reconsidering considering the info on Nero's meta.

/quit indefinitely
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4173 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:25 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 4167, Punreader wrote:When he is pun, he is a lurker. Mostly just lurking, since he does produce actual content when around (just at a far more infrequent rate), but he does a fair share of active lurking as well. I Cain tell you, having known him for the years that I have, this is squarely in the latter category. He was doing almost nothing the entire time he was around. If he were town, he'd have been all over Ventriloquist as well. His list of sins is great, and I'm not sure I can even properly describe all of them because as such a long-time associate these are things I just know rather than needing to explain to others.
I've seen Nero scum twice, but one time the game ended prematurely as abandoned, the other time he was in hydra. This is some impression I had about his scum game which i had forgotten plus I didnt pay it much attention as it could've been caused by IRL issues, I believe this should be accurate at the very least from my own experience as well, the main question is "Was this what happened here?".

/quit indefinitely
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4174 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

Nero was lurky as scum in Necromancer too.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”