Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1035, Axelrod wrote:You guys understand how horrifically unlucky we would have to be for them to both be Town? And how conveniently the claims now line up? It's too much.
Okay so what side are you coming down on?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 pm

Post by roflcopter »

unvote

i'm phone only v/la for like ten days and i don't really like much of what's going on right now. there's no rush to hammer anyone. i'm having a physically loathesome reaction to old man's play but i'm concerned that he really is just arrogant town and he's only succeeded in outing the entirety of the town's investigatory powers with an incredibly stupid gambit.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:29 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 1050, Tammy wrote:
In post 1035, Axelrod wrote:You guys understand how horrifically unlucky we would have to be for them to both be Town? And how conveniently the claims now line up? It's too much.
remember this axel post if you wake up and find it's day four, lycan and old man have both been lynched as town and i've long since been nightkilled to shut me up
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:13 am

Post by Korts »

Vote Count
(2) Old Man - MagnaofIllusion, Kison
(2) Lycanfire - Eddie Cane, Old Man
(1) insanity018 - Ginngie
(1) Kison - insanity018
(1) Firebringer - Pine
(1) Pine - Firebringer

not voting:
Lycanfire, Tammy, CooLDoG, Axelrod, roflcopter

7 to lynch

Deadline is 6 PM EST on Friday the 29th of June.
scumchat never die
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:26 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1047, Tammy wrote:
In post 1005, roflcopter wrote:i can't get you a hippopotas eddie but i can give you this, one of my ten posts per day.

insert here a gif of brad pitt in troy saying "take it, it's yours"

the jeopardy guys must be getting tired of playing music waiting for old man to post
I recently used the longer version of that clip as a rally/pep talk for the scum team in Turn of Camn. I like the "storm the beaches" vibe.

"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:27 am

Post by Pine »

Now I need to go and rewatch Troy. Such a solid action movie, even if it makes Homer roll over in his grave a bit.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:06 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Hey look a quick post from an actual computer ...

But actual detailed content will have to come later today or tomorrow ...

Hopefully by that point OldMan will return. I REALLY want to see his reaction to Lycan.

Have some things to say about Axel also.

Later peeps
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:48 am

Post by Old Man »

What...?

Lynch the living heavens out of Lycanfire. It is the closest thing to a scumclaim you will ever get.

Really, did you guys actually think that he would roll over and claim scum?

"Oh, Old Man, great job, you caught me, I'm guilty, good job!"...?

Why on earth would Korts give town a Gunsmith
then
give someone else a Cop? Isn't it redundant? Does nobody realize that not only did Lycanfire coincidentally claim the one thing that would give him an out upon being guiltied, but he is also technically counter-claiming me? If anything, my Gunsmith was probably meant to return a red herring on CoolDog's Paranoid
Gun
Owner's claim, not on a redundant cop on my top scumread. Please.

Next, hitogoroshi, the only other player in the entire game who was steadfast and creditable for a Lycan-Tywin push, is dead. Now, of course it can be argued that scum didn't want to eliminate myself or Tammy, because we might have been the two most likely targets for night-time protection... but why hitogoroshi, who was on the lynching table yesterday, and even described by Firebringer as "lynchbait"? Why kill hitogoroshi instead of other "strong" players like Pine or Magna (ha ha...)

Clearly the obvious answer is that Lycanfire is scum and needed hitogoroshi silenced.

Please do the sensible thing and lynch Lycan with fire. Thanks.

--

@Tammy and Magna

You may be wondering why I have been checking into the game much more infrequently than at game start. Well, I am beginning to lose interest in this game, especially when everyone couldn't even consolidate on a lynch with a whopping ONE MONTH deadline, and proceeded to generate a flashwagon on town instead of lynching obvious scum while I was away. It certainly dampens the spirit.
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:53 am

Post by Old Man »

In post 1027, Firebringer wrote:lol i get this idea that Old Man lied again about another role and then Lycan countered by lying also.
Do you realize that if Lycan lied about his role, he is by definition scum? But the difference, is, in your theory, even if I am telling the truth or lying about my role, I am by definition town?

Lynch Lycan with me and you will be greatly rewarded.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:10 am

Post by Pine »

Odd-night even-night makes it make sense. A straight cop or gunsmith would be mutually exclusive, but splitting the robust investigator into two, with some red herrings, makes it sensible.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:12 am

Post by Pine »

But fuck it (hee hee butt fuck)

VOTE: Lycan

The odds to hit a scum here can't be passed up. I'm thinking this is a mistake, but it's a low risk one.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Axelrod »

In post 1050, Tammy wrote:
Well, I am leaning towards believing Old Man. He's demonstrated an investigative ability. For him to be scum it's either (1) scum with Lycan and this is all a gambit, which I do not believe or (2) He's scum with a different investigative, like a role-cop? Or maybe you could be a scum-gunsmith too, I don't know. But either way, his claiming IC on D1 would still have been a crazy thing for him to have done as scum. Knowing that today he was going to have to come in here and admit he lied and maybe not even having a result to show for it? Like, if he had claimed to investigate someone and found they didn't have a gun, he would be getting lynched now, I have no doubt of it. So, as scum, he would have had to have gotten very lucky.

Also, given his expressed suspicions yesterday, Lycan was his obvious target, but scum wouldn't really have wanted to use an investigative on someone they were hoping to get lynched the next day, so it would have forced them into a sub-optimal decision. Plus, there's the risk of a counter-claim Town investigative? It's just real bad play all around for scum.

I don't like his behavior as Town either. I actively hate it, frankly. But I can
see
it.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Axelrod »

Lycan, on the other hand is a situation where either (1) he's scum or (2) he's Town and we have gotten very, very unlucky. Plus there are weird roles in this game.

And in favor of him being scum is the convenience of this claim, which nicely answers why he has a gun and also doesn't require him to have any proof. Like, if he's scum trying to survive, what could he claim in this spot? He could never get away with claiming vig. Claiming straight Cop would mean he should have a result for us right now. 1/2 Cop who hasn't had a shot yet is just very convenient.

What is holding me back is the simple fact that a 1/2 gunsmith is pretty poor as far as Town investigative roles go if that's all we have. Having a 1/2 gunsmith and a 1/2 Cop is weird to me. I don't like it. But maybe there's a world that makes sense in. What wouldn't make sense would be if there was any other Town investigative role though.

Before anyone starts screaming "Fishing!" I'm not asking for any such hypothetical role to out themselves yet. I'm just thinking about it.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:33 am

Post by roflcopter »

derp derp gunsmith wouldn't return a result on a paranoid gun owner because you'd be fucking dead boss

basically guaranteed if there is a gunsmith in the setup there is a town role with a gun that would not just kill the gunsmith upon investigation
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:34 am

Post by roflcopter »

even/odd night split gunsmith and cop is not even weird design idk what y'all are talking about
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Axelrod »

Is too weird design.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1059, Pine wrote:Odd-night even-night makes it make sense. A straight cop or gunsmith would be mutually exclusive, but splitting the robust investigator into two, with some red herrings, makes it sensible.
Quite literally we had the even-night bus driver and odd-night redirector in turn of camn

Really I'm starting to see it as weaken the power by potentially cutting it in half if one gets killed.

Like instead of just a full strength cop, you have it broken up.

So honestly it's not a scum claim
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Pine »

It's not, actually. Splitting strong and weak investigators makes Town more flexible

Ugh

I have reasons for being okay with Lycan dying, but I genuinely believe both claims.

VOTE: Firebringer

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1066, Ginngie wrote:
In post 1059, Pine wrote:Odd-night even-night makes it make sense. A straight cop or gunsmith would be mutually exclusive, but splitting the robust investigator into two, with some red herrings, makes it sensible.
Quite literally we had the even-night bus driver and odd-night redirector in turn of camn

Really I'm starting to see it as weaken the power by potentially cutting it in half if one gets killed.

Like instead of just a full strength cop, you have it broken up.

So honestly it's not a scum claim
Yeah that's what I was just thinking of. Though, if you recall, scum claimed the even side in that game.

Irrelevant. I have semi-selfish reasons for being okay with a Lycan lynch, but they don't outweigh having him around as a solid Townread.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:09 am

Post by Ginngie »

If I'm completely honest

it's quite literally impossible for both to be scum here

I think the major thing is, is that if both scum here, they have to come up with clears.

I ran into this exact problem myself as scum when I was playing mastina's worst mafia game ever.

It's a losing long run strategy and it gets really hard to explain why investigative live forever

Honestly optimal play is to just let them live, wait to die.

It's a double edged sword for scum kill the people who can clear, or try WIFOM for the clears.

So yeah.

Regardless, there is more than just 2 scum this game so we can still find AT LEAST one other

with that said, I'm interested into looking at rofl/insanity/fire and put on the sorting hat for them

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:32 am

Post by Old Man »

Oh my god! Why is it so hard to lynch scum in this game?!

Hitogoroshi must be turning in his grave right now.
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Old Man »

After Lycan flips scum (if, this ever happens) we powerlynch roflcopter for the blatant hard defense of Lycan all game.
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Old Man »

The following people need to join me and vote Lycanfire the guiltied scum:

Tammy, Axelrod, Insanity, Firebringer, Kison

With currently myself and Eddie Cane on the wagon, we have only barely sufficient support to get a lynch.

Town needs every single one of your votes. The following players are on high suspect for being Lycan's partners:

{Ginggie, Roflcopter, Pine, Magna}

In my eyes Lycanfire is already flipped red. His claim is too coincidental that I am calling bullshit.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Ginngie »

You shout a lot but you don't actually listen to people's concerns

Also scumreading anyone that doesn't agree with you when you're play has been so utterly shit, makes your play even worse.

Step the fuck off, and actually engage in reason if you wish to form a fucking wagon

Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Old Man »

In post 1057, Old Man wrote:What...?

Lynch the living heavens out of Lycanfire. It is the closest thing to a scumclaim you will ever get.

Really, did you guys actually think that he would roll over and claim scum?

"Oh, Old Man, great job, you caught me, I'm guilty, good job!"...?

Why on earth would Korts give town a Gunsmith
then
give someone else a Cop? Isn't it redundant? Does nobody realize that not only did Lycanfire coincidentally claim the one thing that would give him an out upon being guiltied, but he is also technically counter-claiming me? If anything, my Gunsmith was probably meant to return a red herring on CoolDog's Paranoid
Gun
Owner's claim, not on a redundant cop on my top scumread. Please.

Next, hitogoroshi, the only other player in the entire game who was steadfast and creditable for a Lycan-Tywin push, is dead. Now, of course it can be argued that scum didn't want to eliminate myself or Tammy, because we might have been the two most likely targets for night-time protection... but why hitogoroshi, who was on the lynching table yesterday, and even described by Firebringer as "lynchbait"? Why kill hitogoroshi instead of other "strong" players like Pine or Magna (ha ha...)

Clearly the obvious answer is that Lycanfire is scum and needed hitogoroshi silenced.

Please do the sensible thing and lynch Lycan with fire. Thanks.

--

@Tammy and Magna

You may be wondering why I have been checking into the game much more infrequently than at game start. Well, I am beginning to lose interest in this game, especially when everyone couldn't even consolidate on a lynch with a whopping ONE MONTH deadline, and proceeded to generate a flashwagon on town instead of lynching obvious scum while I was away. It certainly dampens the spirit.
I've already written my case with valid logical reasons here. It seems like you didn't read it. Or, are pretending to ignore it because you are scum with Lycan.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”