Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4675 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:55 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 4669, chamber wrote:I know I asked you to play out the remainder of the day and I appreciate that you have chosen to do so
Read: this was the mods doing, not a scumbuddy
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4676 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:56 am

Post by OnTheMark »

No.

I have seen moderators beg scum to stay in after being caught. And have replaced into many people have bailed from.

It’s not alignment indicative.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4677 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:57 am

Post by Mathdino »

Except he hasn't been caught, and it's not in muffins nature to replace out to avoid getting scumlynched. Get to know his playstyle a bit.

In a bayesian sense, almost everything is alignment indicative. This proves it wasn't a AtE fake replace out, which was what I was afraid of.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4678 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:00 am

Post by Pine »

Alisae was wise to bail out when e did.

There is no situation where this game ends with people not hating each other more.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4679 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:02 am

Post by OnTheMark »

I have no desire to learn muffin’s “playstyle” if it’s insult everyone who disagrees with him.

If that is ‘town’ him I don’t give a fuck. I would play with a thousand people of my skill level divided by 314 because there would be a mutual level of respect and lose every game there is then play with someone that insults people.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4680 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:03 am

Post by Nahdia »

IDK why yall are so on edge this game. Sorry if I'm being insensitive but I haven't seen anyone cross any lines, really.

I haven't been posting much because I feel like I'll just be repeating the same thing over and over; that I still want to lynch Pine/Not_Mafia because I've gotten scum feelings from both slots. I haven't really been contributing to the conversations going on meanwhile because, I dunno, I don't feel like I have anything in particular to add. I'm pretty much behind what Muffin and MathDino are saying these last few pages.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4681 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:05 am

Post by OnTheMark »

.....Really?

No one has crossed any lines???

Really?!?!?!?!

I am really tempted to just replace out too except for my prior reasoning as to why.

There were definitely lines crossed here and I am doing my damndest not to explode in anger at every post I write and shit like that doesn’t help.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4682 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Pine »

Lines were crossed.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4683 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:25 am

Post by chamber »

VOTECOUNT 2.12
Not_Mafia [4]
- Nahdia, Mathdino, Lovebird, Pine
Lovebird [2]
- Lady LambdaDelta, Not_Mafia
zMuffinMan [2]
- NicoRobin, OnTheMark
Lady Lambdadelta [1]
- zMuffinMan

Not Voting [1]:

mastina
With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
You have (expired on 2018-06-04 18:00:00) to do so.
Last edited by chamber on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a break from the site.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4684 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:28 am

Post by OnTheMark »

Be sure to give LLD time to hammer vote as she had stuff she wanted to do. I will hammer at deadline if she doesn’t so we have a lynch.

Still think this is silly.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4685 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:14 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 4682, Pine wrote:Lines were crossed.
you know what? i will say i'm legitimately sorry. i've been reminded that you're a new parent and probably aren't having the easiest time IRL anyway

so

sorry

but i'll try to explain where i'm coming from. i'm not trying to make excuses. i'm just helping you to understand my mindset

Spoiler:
the number one thing i hate coming from anyone in a game is a veiled i-know-better-than-you attitude and when you posted in response to me pointing out there isn't a guilty (which there isn't, but LLD should confirm this anyway so there's no confusion), i responded by questioning your competence. from my POV, it was the latest in a long series of things you've done in this game that were bugging me (the rest of which should be clear by now)

when i insult a player in game, it's strictly to do with their play. i don't make character judgements and none of my insults are actually personal. i will call something in game stupid if i think it's stupid. i will tell someone i think they're bad at mafia if i see things that i think are a good indication that they're bad at mafia. none of this relates to how i feel about a person personally (and, frankly, i don't have any issues with you, even if you dislike my play or think i've been an asshole here)

i try not to initiate things like this for no reason. at least from my perspective. i entered the game with no ill intent. but after seeing mathblade's "reaction test" (which i honestly think will never catch any decent scum player so is utterly pointless and adds nothing to the game over just asking them to confirm public information) and seeing that he wouldn't drop it (even though i asked him to), i got fed up and decided to openly mock him for it by claiming everything but my role. what left me surprised is that you actually thought that was me seriously denying the role. and then you said that i denied the role and i asked a question to clarify what you meant and you took that as a sign that i was confused about the self-janitor thing and therefore lying. i was confused why anyone would think that i had denied it. i didn't. i said "flipless miller" is not my fake-claim and refused to answer what i thought was a dumb question because mathblade needlessly added the "miller" part and i didn't think it warranted a serious response. that will never catch scum. ever. any scum who gets asked to claim immediately after replacing in is going to read their predecessor's ISO. that will never catch anyone ever unless they're just really new at the game or something... so when you took what i thought was obviously said in jest seriously, i probably started making it clear that i didn't have a positive opinion of what you were doing. i'm not going to say it was a good thing or that i should have done it; i am just someone who has a low tolerance level for things i deem bad play and that probably surfaces a lot more than i'd like it to

i probably should have just played it straight and answered the question. but what i said about it (that i think it's insulting to actually think that could catch anyone) is true and i have zero respect for anyone as a player who thinks that sort of thing would work, let alone on seasoned scum. there was no fucking reason whatsoever to add the "miller" part to the question. that's what i took issue with and that's why i never gave him a serious response after i asked him to drop it

still, i tried to ignore that and get into the game (which wasn't helped by the fact that any time i asked people for reads and explanations, or claims, or anything like that, i was met with silence apart from a couple players). and i wasn't trying to start any fights. but every time that whole "caught in a lie" thing was brought up, my attitude about it probably became readily apparent (until i just couldn't be bothered dealing with it anymore and asked the mod to replace out). and i probably should have just refused chamber's request to stay in the game. i didn't want to play because i figured i'd act like this if i kept reading more of the same "caught in a lie" crap. and the fact that you think i said that because you disagreed with me just added more fuel to the fire that was already lit in me

you probably don't see eye to eye with me on what constitutes an insult and maybe you think i crossed some line even prior to recent posts. you probably don't think that what you said to me in 4644 was bad in any way or that your general attitude towards things i've been saying in this game has been bugging me. that's fine. i expect a lot of players will probably agree with you and disagree with my philosophy. i'm just letting you know how i think and why i draw a distinct line between game-related content and actual personal attacks and why i took issue with certain things that you've said in this game and thus responded with what i thought was an appropriate response to what i perceived as veiled condescension. i certainly could have handled things better than i did in this game, though. but i genuinely did not come into this trying to start shit

if you feel i went overboard, then sorry. i get carried away sometimes. it's easy for me to differentiate attacks on play or how someone plays the game and attacks on a person, but i can understand the idea that you might take issue with, for example, me calling you 'stupid' for wanting to lynch a flipless player. i didn't mean that you're a stupid person in general; i was strictly referring to the play. i do think that's just bad play, even if for some reason you think i'm lying (and i honestly don't know why anyone would assume my predecessors would do that, even if they were scum) and i'm generally not one to shy away from being explicit over using euphemisms (so i tend to say something is stupid over calling it something like 'not ideal'). but i'll probably just try to avoid talking about things like that in future altogether instead of calling it stupid. though it's probably going to be a conscious effort and i don't expect i'll be able to hold back altogether

and i am genuinely sorry that i've made the game less fun for you (most of the stuff i say is spur-of-the-moment stuff that shouldn't be taken seriously and i have a tendency to not put much forethought into how negative things i say might affect enjoyment, even though that might not make much sense). hopefully this gives you at least a little insight into where my posts come from and why i thought i was just responding in kind, even if you didn't perceive it that way and why i wasn't actually trying to make it personal

anyway, this is probably a bunch of rambling since i was just writing out thoughts as they came to me, but i will make an active effort to refrain from doing the sorts of things i've done in this game from now on
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4686 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Pine »

Yeah, I had a whole rant written which tl;dr was 'apology not accepted.' That doesn't need to see the light of day.

You made things really personal, really inappropriately. This has nothing to do with being a parent or not. We're interpreting things differently, and that is not an excuse for spending almost a full page multiposting about how the person you disagree with is incompetent. That's way beyond the pale of an in-the-moment "stop being stupid."

So fine. We both said and did some stuff that we thought was within the realm of an adversarial social game, but the other thought crossed a line. This doesn't really bear litigation, so I want to let it go.

I'd like to move on from this and just forget it ever happened. Clean slate, deal?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4687 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:12 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

sure

though fwiw, what happened was i got home from work, took a nap because i needed one, woke up, saw you suggesting that what i said was simply because you disagreed with me (which just wasnt true), then went on a rant

for me, that
was
all an in-the-moment reaction (or felt like it) though it ended up spanning about 40 minutes because i was responding to LLD, reading things (which happened to involve posts from you), remembering i was pissed off and coming back to it

also i wasnt saying you crossed a line, per se. nothing is sacred or off limits to me but i tend to respond to what i perceive as a negative attitude with a negative attitude in turn
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4688 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: LLD
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4689 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4684, OnTheMark wrote:Be sure to give LLD time to hammer vote as she had stuff she wanted to do. I will hammer at deadline if she doesn’t so we have a lynch.

Still think this is silly.
If I have to fucking vote N_M

and am not allowed to use my fucking ability

because people decided they were going to go crazy

I'm going to quit.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4690 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:11 am

Post by OnTheMark »

Sorry I misunderstood.

I thought you had to hammer.

You good for day to end and setup?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4691 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:12 am

In post 4690, OnTheMark wrote:Sorry I misunderstood.

I thought you had to hammer.

You good for day to end and setup?
How...

how the fuck would you think this

I go out of my way to hold my vote

and then ask people "hey should I vote Lovebird or Nahdia?"

and you think I need to... hammer

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4692 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:13 am

Post by OnTheMark »

I didn’t ask that?

Whatever

The point is are you set?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4693 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:14 am

I ASKED THAT YOU FUCKING BLIND BAT

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4694 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 am

Post by OnTheMark »

If you’re good I will hammer
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4695 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 am

Not_Mafia [4] - Nahdia, Mathdino, Lovebird, Pine
Lovebird [2] - Lady LambdaDelta, Not_Mafia
zMuffinMan [2] - NicoRobin, OnTheMark
Lady Lambdadelta [1] - zMuffinMan

How

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4696 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 am

How are you gonna hammer?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4697 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:24 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 4696, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:How are you gonna hammer?
Voting Not Mafia

We need a lynch

I disagree with it but it’s better than none
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4698 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:26 am

Post by OnTheMark »

Great...

We need one more too fuck I can’t do math while working
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4699 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:27 am

MOD POST wrote:
With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”